Encounter In Space

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Darkerangel

Re: Encounter In Space

InjuredPelican wrote:One of my favorites is Alex Gundam. Its side weapon is as good if not better than any of the main machine guns, and then you can arm it with any main weapon you want (beam rifles, bazookas, etc.). I used it a lot in Mission mode, especially since you didn't need to wait too long to afford it. I also like Stamen for its excellent folding bazooka and speed. The GP04 was pretty good though. I really didn't like how GP02 had a beam bazooka in vs mode though. But I guess he would suck with lame melee and only vulcan guns.
Which is why I wish game developers use this GP02 instead: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/harmon ... a-mlrs.htm
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
HalfDemonInuyasha

At the very least, the GP02A can be considered to have the most powerful vulcans on a MS when you consider Gato's Ace Pilot mission to Konpeitoh. (A spray of vulcans being able to effortlessly take down both MS and SHIPS alike, lol.)
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Outlaw

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:From what I've seen...

Complete the five star Pezun Numbers mission in Mission Mode as a Zeon pilot.
Hmm, maybe we did just overlook it. Thanks for the additional confirmation.
Darkerangel wrote:Which is why I wish game developers use this GP02 instead: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/harmon ... a-mlrs.htm
Well, I believe the MLRS was originally from a game (can't remember which) however, EiS predates it IIRC. The only other appearance I can recall is in DWG3 where the GP02 uses both the bazooka and the MLRS. The best of both worlds!
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
InjuredPelican

I know were talking about EiS, but in GvsGNP, the melee combat system is good enough to make GP02 a threatening mobile suit with Vulcans and his sword alone. It actually has more melee moves than any other suit, and I consider it a lesser Epyon, plus a nuke. Gato is a superb pilot, so he should be able to make it work well.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
HalfDemonInuyasha

Well, that's pretty much they're there for; GP02A propels itself in, fires the nuke, then escapes (hence, the big and powerful thrusters) and, given the high possibility of MS resistance, meant to be able to handle itself well enough in melee combat to be able to get in and out.

Though, unlike what Gato did, I dunno if it was meant for extensive melee combat given its tactical role. Feels more like what the Dom/Rick Dom were for in being more about charging in at high speeds and doing a fly-by-slice with the beam saber(s) while pelting them with vulcans along the way for a distraction like they would with the scattering beam gun.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
InjuredPelican

This will be my last post on GP02 before we turn this into a Mecha and Tech topic...

Really, GP02 should have a Beam Rifle like all the other GP units. Even Stamen has one, and it has that enormous MA to do most of the hard work. Also, only one nuke is silly. By the time of the UC timeline, I'm sure nuclear missiles are fairly compact, so GP02 should have several if he really wants to mess stuff up. But alas, that would make it too powerful or some other problems....
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
HalfDemonInuyasha

Well, even the Stamen wasn't exactly meant for total MS combat (like the Physalis, it CAN, but that isn't its purpose), but as an escape craft from the Dendrobium (one of the reasons a new Core Block System got axed from the design) and its beam rifle would be more for getting MS out of the way for an escape route really.

And the Physalis most likely was meant for multiple nukes (like the Stark Jegan capable of carrying 4 on its large launchers) but, as 0083 showed, only 1 was actually taken out for testing purposes on Earth, and it's not like Zeon remnants had a nuke supply of their own at all. 1 nuke was also more than likely planned out by the Delaz Fleet too anyway. Hell, as was shown, that 1 nuke was more than enough to really hit the Federation with 2/3 of their fleet being destroyed or disabled.

In terms of the game, as with most, the nuke special being a one hit KO if it manages to make contact with the target, but only 1 use, of course.
Enileph

Outlaw wrote:
HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:From what I've seen...

Complete the five star Pezun Numbers mission in Mission Mode as a Zeon pilot.
Hmm, maybe we did just overlook it. Thanks for the additional confirmation.
Darkerangel wrote:Which is why I wish game developers use this GP02 instead: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/harmon ... a-mlrs.htm
Well, I believe the MLRS was originally from a game (can't remember which) however, EiS predates it IIRC. The only other appearance I can recall is in DWG3 where the GP02 uses both the bazooka and the MLRS. The best of both worlds!
Was made for Gundam Kizuna, along with a bunch of MS at the time, like the Zaku I sniper, and GM Striker. (GM striker later got to be the starring MS in the "EFSF holligan" comic series, which is a seperate entry in the game, also the new "MS gundam katana" series have its own entry on GM Striker Custom "katana", but the red NT-1 Full Armor is not featured.)

The Zeon side gets GP02 with Beam Bazooka, the EFSF side get the MLRS. In that game though, the Beam Bazooka is way more useful.
HalfDemonInuyasha

The beam bazooka, in EIS, is also possibly because of Gato's initial MS you play being his custom Rick Dom with a beam bazooka too. Copy that little gaming code for the GP02A or something, lol.
Enileph

The back story is that a modified custom beam bazooka is prepared for GP02, although due to the chain of event it is never utilized in the original story.
Zeonic Glory

Oh boy, I love EiS. The large selection of playable MS and the multi-lock targeting system were some of my favorite features. Might be the best Gundam game brought over to the U.S. I've lost count of the number of hours I've logged into it, but I think I'll play it some more now, as I've been getting back into my PS2 library.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.