Special 013 - Of Megacons and Megamen

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Special 013 - Of Megacons and Megamen

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Special 013 - "Of Megacons and Megamen"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 119 min., 20 sec. (1:59:20) - 54.6 MB - NSFW!

Special Guest Hosts: Dale Rausch (1st Segment), Austin Blake (Both Segments), Pedro Cortes (Both Segments) & Prof. William W. Whipton III (2nd Segment)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. PETCO (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:00:43

02. Foreword: "This episode is NSFW!!!"
Runtime: 0:00:43 - 0:01:25 (Duration: 0:00:42)

03. 1st Segment: "Megacon 2011 Round-up!"
Runtime: 0:01:25 - 0:12:58 (Duration: 0:12:15)

04. Champs Sports (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:12:58 - 0:13:59 (Duration: 0:01:01)

05. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:13:59 - 0:15:29 (Duration: 0:01:30)

06. 2nd Segment: "The Hater State vs. Capsule Computer: The Trial of Capcom'" (Debate)
Runtime: 0:15:29 - 1:59:20 (Duration: 1:43:51)

Just in time for April Fools Day, we present to you this special episode of Gundamn! @ MAHQ! First MAHQ.net's own Dale takes us on his experience at "Megacon 2011", held in Orlando, FL on Mar. 25th - 27th, 2011. Then, the main even arrives as Chris hosts the "Capcom Haters vs. Team Fapcom" debate, featuring Neo & Austin as "Team Haterade" and Pedro Cortes (from Chaos Theater) and Soul Bro Ryu as "Team Fapcom"! Much thanks to all those involved in this episode, especially Professor Whipton for his cameo appearance!

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

After listening to this episode, make sure to check out the gang at the "I Thought They Smelled Bad On The Outside" podcast! This time Gundamn's own Neo Lorrnoke appears with show hosts and MechaTalk.net regulars, The Fowl Sorcerous and Scott! The episode, which is "Battle of the Bands: The Who vs. Led Zeppelin", is finally up! Peep the links below for that and previous episodes!

I Thought They Smelled Bad On The Outside
Main Website: SBOPodcast.BlogSpot.com
Episode 015 - Battle of the Bands: The Who vs. Led Zeppelin
Twitter: @SBOpodcast
Also available on iTunes!

Thanks for having Neo co-host on the show, gentlemen, and for all who listen, don't forget to subscribe to them on iTunes, follow them on Twitter, and peep their main site on the regular for updates and new episodes!

Also, the Chaos Theater is live with no jive, gang! Join Pedro "Pedobear South" Cortes (of Tomopop.com & Tomocast) and MAHQ & Gundamn's own Chris Guanche in their new podcast - one that focuses on many other facets of Otakudom! Video Games, Comics/Manga, Merchandise, Books, Movies, TV & every other genre of Anime (sans Mecha) will be conversed about over a couple of cold ones by Chris & Pedro and they invite you to join 'em! (NSFW for younger ears!)

Peep the links below for the latest episode & more info:

- Chaos Theater (Main Website)

- Chaos Theater Ep. 003 - "The Wheel of Time" - MP3 (Right-click & Save!)

- Chaos Theater MechaTalk.net Official Forum:
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewforum.php?f=32

- Chaos Theater, Ep. 003 - "The Wheel of Time" - Feedback Thread
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=13805

- Feedback Email: [email protected]

- Twitter: @CTCast

Finally, Shinjuku Station has just started a podcast, reviewing the latest movies in the theaters, films we missed that are now on home video, and classic movies that have left their mark. The assortment of reviewers will vary from review to review, with participants from "Gundamn! @ MAHQ", "Level Nine", "Flip the Script!" and other podcasts! Check out our first review - featuring Lee Majors, The Wonder (formerly Boiwondr), Neo Lorrnoke & Soul Bro Ryu - as we discuss "Battle: Los Angeles"!

Shinjuku Station At the Movies
Review 001: Battle: Los Angeles
- Download Now!: 128 kbps - 55 min., 25 sec. (0:55:25) - 50.7 MB - NSFW!
Review 002: Sucker Punch (NEW!!!)
- Download Now!: 128 kbps - 62 min., 45 sec. (1:02:45) - 57.4 MB - NSFW!

Many thanks for listening & Happy April Fools Day!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Music & Drops Featured in this Episode
- Coming Soon!

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - MySpace - FaceBook Profile - FaceBook Group - Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies

Podcasts & Links We're Fond Of:
Unpopular Kulture - Solar Radio Wave - Pretentious Internet Theatre - Row Row Fight Da Powah! - The Reverse Thieves: A Blog Duet with Hisui & Narutaki - SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast - Anime Addicts Anonymous - Jabman025's YouTube Channel - Mobile Suit Gundam Abridged by Gutted Wren Studios - 12 Volt Revolt

Sponsors & Special Offers:
GoDaddy - PETCO - Champs Sports

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Mu La Flaga

Re: Special 013 - Of Megacons and Megamen

So just listened to the episode, pretty entertaining and spirited debate as Mr Whipton put it himself.

I think they only scratched surface of some games, didn't explore some of the other games they did like the arcade beat em ups.

But that is my opinion on it.
Chris was pretty good as the moderator, see?
Chris
Administrator

There was so much more that I wanted to cover, but given how much hate was already being spewed just on those few topics, it would've lasted forever and been a 4 hour podcast. Maybe we'll do another one in the future.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

I could somewhat tell, but Austin and Neo's arguements lacked conviction, Soul Bro knows his Capcom stuff when it comes to defensive points.

Hell even I knew in Megaman games they introduced the Slide move so you can get under small hole gaps.

But I think next time it continues needs to be maybe a pannel event or something so audience can throw in their opinions.

I mean I love some of their various works, BUT, there was a Shoji Ramuro.
"What was that street fighter game 20 something, like Ken in the future?"

Yeah an example of something not so good, street fighter 2010 :P
Ah good old Level Nine when it had life in it.
Mr Bushido

I just like to say one thing about this special. Me and my brother laughed at Austin's calling Soul Bro out to "play" :lol: Totally hilarious!

And I'm really surprised Soul Bro was really calm during the whole debate, if it was even one. :lol:
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
raijinz

After listening to that debacle of a debate, I will probably have to sign up to join the Soul Bro Defense force from now on.

Team Haterade's arguments were poorly executed and defended, and they had to resort to interupting Team Fapcom's counter-arguments at every turn because they KNEW they lacked valid and informative points to back them up. Was it just me, or did they just seemed to run out of steam half way through?

In my eyes, Pedro and Soul Bro won most if not all rounds, and did it with distinction and style (Although nowhere near as stylish as the legendary Bill Whipton!).

A hilarious episode, and I look forward to the next one, although I hope its done a bit more controlled next time!
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
Saber

Chris wrote:Maybe we'll do another one in the future.
If you do, I would welcome it if you were to moderate a bit more, shall we say, seriously. I really had a hard time listening to this special for most of the time because the guys were just screaming at each other and no real debate was going on until the last two rounds. Maybe I had the wrong expectations, but I found this to be rather disappointing.

Don't get me wrong, it was very evident you guys were having a blast, but somehow, this just wasn't on par with the rest of the show. I really would have enjoyed a serious Mega Man discussion, too.
Chris
Administrator

Saber wrote:Maybe I had the wrong expectations, but I found this to be rather disappointing.
Yes, you did have the wrong expectations. We never advertised this as a "serious" debate, nor did we go into the recording planning it to be that way.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
mobiusdiablo

Oh...my...GOD. So much hatred...There was so much hatred I couldn't finish it all in one go, and had to listen to it at work, which got some really funny reactions from my coworkers because of my devilish grin all the time.

General Hate, Neo, I salute you for being able to dispense so much unadulterated hatred in such a short amount of time, to make this special radiate the power of the DARK SIDE.

Soul Bro, Pedro, you two are now the shining examples of endurance and tolerance. I could not have done the same if I were in your shoes. Pedro, please don't send your lovely army of lolis after me in ten years if we're around.

Finally, Chris... how did you do it? Handle sitting right next to those four go on and on for that long while staying impartial? I can understand Mr. Bill Whipton, but daaaaaaaaaaaaamn, I applaud your tenacity!
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Mu La Flaga

As much as I am a member of team Neo, I would like to see to Soul Bro and Pedo as chris once said in episode 71.
"Congratulations, winner!"

I mean really Neo, you need to work on your Presidential Debate skills, Chris has it nailed down better then you, especially with his John McCain voice.

Where as sometimes you mis-spell GaoGaiGar :P
And just to add insult to injury, Austin is no longer the General, he is simply, the Commander. :mrgreen:

Not to mention I thought Neo was already a Colonel from his Flip the Script days?
NastyNate

Sol Bro got a little bit scary in some of those arguments. He had to bust out his dark side just to be heard. Normally he is so quit and polite. I was surprised when I heard it.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Mr Bushido

NastyNate wrote:Sol Bro got a little bit scary in some of those arguments. He had to bust out his dark side just to be heard. Normally he is so quit and polite. I was surprised when I heard it.
I got the impression that Soul Bro just got really pissed while the Austin, Neo, and Pedro were having fun.
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
Soul Bro Ryu

Bushido wrote:I got the impression that Soul Bro just got really pissed while the Austin, Neo, and Pedro were having fun.
I did get a little heated. At the time, I just didn't want the conversation to go by before I had the chance to speak my peace. Those early parts of the debate were funny but pure chaos. Towards the end we found order, though, and the next time we do one of these I'm sure we'll make sure to do it in that fashion.
Mu La Flaga wrote:I mean I love some of their various works, BUT, there was a Shoji Ramuro.
Funny you should mention him. When I told him about the debate and Team Haterade's comments about Resident Evil and Capcom in general, he got riled up. Looks like next time we have a video game debate, he'll be on board to put the General on blast.

Can't wait. There's no greater hater I know than Sho. Flip the Script & Level Nine listeners can attest.
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
raijinz

Soul Bro Ryu wrote: Funny you should mention him. When I told him about the debate and Team Haterade's comments about Resident Evil and Capcom in general, he got riled up. Looks like next time we have a video game debate, he'll be on board to put the General on blast.

Can't wait. There's no greater hater I know than Sho. Flip the Script & Level Nine listeners can attest.
I can't wait for this! I just listened to Shinjuku Station at the movies (working title), and it felt good hearing Wonder and Sho back in the mix!
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
Mu La Flaga

Having another hater vs a hater?
That would be interesting if Shoji Ramuro decided to join in next time and all that stuff.
Yazan Gable

I've heard this podcast three times now, it's so great.
"You are the abused wife, and Capcom is wearing the wifebeater." is one of the greatest things I've heard in a long while.
I'm going to violate you.
bertman4

Why you got to keep the black man down? For Char's sake, let the soul man finish a Gundamn sentence. Otherwise, pretty entertaining. Although I had the turn the volume down a bit with all the incomprehensible screaming.

Bertman
christianwalker

Chris wrote:
Saber wrote:Maybe I had the wrong expectations, but I found this to be rather disappointing.
Yes, you did have the wrong expectations. We never advertised this as a "serious" debate, nor did we go into the recording planning it to be that way.
I never got the idea that this was going to be a serious and structured debate. As a matter of fact, it went down pretty much as I figured it would have.
All in all, it was funny, entertaining, and I for one enjoyed it. When are you guys doing another one?
Even if some of the arguments were weak at best, I can appreciate the passion that came through. Soul Bro won me over based on his ability to keep calm and speak clearly despite all the chaos.
"You might as well called his hotel room Elm Street, cuz I was bringing those nightmares every night." -Soul Bro Ryu
shishio74

Loved this episode. Had some incredibly funny moments. Kinda biased as I'm a bit of a capcom supporter too. Of course the games are not without their specific faults, but the debate was quite refreshing.

I was saddened that this debate didn't included one of my favorite capcom games from the PS1/PSX era, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. ORRAAA!!! 8)

Again, great show! About to go paint my RG RX-78-2 and listen to the next show.
Arbiter GUNDAM

You know guys, I don't usually listen to the NSFW episodes but I just had to take a peek at this one and man, that is some stone cold hatin'.

The bit that I liked the best was the debate over Marvel vs. Capcom. I think I'm going to have to agree with Team Haterade on this one. If I'm going to have to pay for DLC (sometimes more than what the thing is worth becuase I want to store up some extra points) then I want to be DLC like Mass Effect 2's Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker and/or Arrival.

That is all.

P.S. Do it again sometime. 8)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion