Encounter In Space

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Darkerangel

Encounter In Space

So I remember when I was younger I played it, didn't like it because I like the Federation vs Zeon's gameplay format better.

Fast-forward to now, I replayed it and I actually got really into those side stories of: Crimson Lightning, the Thoroughbred Team and the White Dingo squad, etc.
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
iKhaotic

Re: Encounter In Space

Got it release day back when I was younger and loved it, was stupid and traded it in a bit after. Just rebought it the other day and can't wait to replay it.

It's one of the greatest stateside Gundam game IMO. Really fun and responsive controls and a great selection of suits/characters.
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
FordR

I've got it and still have it, will probably be one of the games I play for fun once a year or so. It certainly is up there in the list of some of the best gundam games released stateside, due to the large amount of content there is in it in addition to the fun and fast paced combat. It provides a decent combat and story experience either way, not to mention it is one of the very few games that contains the GP-04 Gerbara in it's federation form.
AKA- TheTrueYup
Red Comet90

I've always loved this game. I got it a few days after it was released. I couldn't put it down for a very very long time. I loved all of the different side stories that were included and how it delved into the past of all of the characters. I loved Shin Matsunaga's story. He's still one of my favorite Zeon aces to this day.

The Thoroughbred campaign was fun, but I could never get the What If stages for it. Did anyone get those? I still can't unlock all of the mobile suits, mobile armors, and shuttles because of it.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Wedge14

this is actually my favourite gundam game too. I like the quantity of suits and all the little easter eggs it has. You can have bernie fight chris for extra lines and similar stuff like that. Really one of those underrated gems.

Unlocking all the suits? I've never done it....
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
FordR

Red Comet90 wrote:I've always loved this game. I got it a few days after it was released. I couldn't put it down for a very very long time. I loved all of the different side stories that were included and how it delved into the past of all of the characters. I loved Shin Matsunaga's story. He's still one of my favorite Zeon aces to this day.

The Thoroughbred campaign was fun, but I could never get the What If stages for it. Did anyone get those? I still can't unlock all of the mobile suits, mobile armors, and shuttles because of it.

What do you mean get? Do you mean understand?

If so, yes, they are just what their titles imply they are. For instance: what if the pilot of G04 was never killed, and so on.
AKA- TheTrueYup
halo1000

FordR wrote:
Red Comet90 wrote:I've always loved this game. I got it a few days after it was released. I couldn't put it down for a very very long time. I loved all of the different side stories that were included and how it delved into the past of all of the characters. I loved Shin Matsunaga's story. He's still one of my favorite Zeon aces to this day.

If so, yes, they are just what their titles imply they are. For instance: what if the pilot of G04 was never killed, and so on.
I think he means unlock the what-if stages, as I remember they were quite tricky to do when protecting the G04 after it's mega beam launcher blows up, took me 4 or 5 tries.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

I loved this game. I sorta feel like it was the base for the arcade style Gundam vs Gundam thing. (I'm assuming this came first)

I'm a proud collector of all the mobile suits and ships in there, and I particularly loved the MS count, too. the most annoying thing for me to get was probably the JICCO and the GP04 (Gundam.)

As for unlocking the "What-if" missions it's probably to get a bunch of points before the G04 explodes, but I'm also thinking it was somewhere in the mission before that.

I've heard that you can unlock a Char custom RX-78, but I've yet to do so myself..
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
halo1000

Strike_Rouge_Mk2 wrote:I loved this game. I sorta feel like it was the base for the arcade style Gundam vs Gundam thing. (I'm assuming this came first)

I'm a proud collector of all the mobile suits and ships in there, and I particularly loved the MS count, too. the most annoying thing for me to get was probably the JICCO and the GP04 (Gundam.)

As for unlocking the "What-if" missions it's probably to get a bunch of points before the G04 explodes, but I'm also thinking it was somewhere in the mission before that.

I've heard that you can unlock a Char custom RX-78, but I've yet to do so myself..
Yeah it was all about the points for the what-if scenarios, my personal fave was Shin Matsunaga's what-if with his custom Gelgoog Jager, that unit was ace. The GP04 was a great suit in that game, equivalent to the GP01 in Lost War Chronicles in terms of sheer weapon power and speed.

As far as Char's custom RX-78, it was Japan only dlc, it had to be downloaded online and put on a PS2 external hd. The Japanese version had a lot more content available to download; whilst the US had the Aile Strike, Aegis, Wing Zero and Tallgeese 3 included, the Japanese one allowed you to use each of those units custom weapons on any suit after download, there was also a seperate download to use the Gundam MkII's beam rifle. The extra MS downloads also included the RX-78CA, Rick Dom Char Custom, Zeong Head, and the Zaku II Shaku Yumiko Custom.
InjuredPelican

I still fondly remember this game. Though the gameplay is not quite Gundam vs Gundam levels, it was still very fun. Add in great presentation and fanservice, a LOT of MS, tons of missions, etc. made for a fun single player game. Looking back now, my main gripe was some maps were too small, especially playing as Neue Ziel and GP03. But then, this is the only game where you get to play as those two, which was all kinds of awesome. My favorite unit was a toss up between Alex, GPo2, GPo3(Stamen) and Aile Strike(not quite as overpowered as the other AU mecha). Bigro and Val Varo were cool too... Which mecha wasn't? (Ball...)

Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed both the main MSG section and the side stories. I loved that they maintained pilot banter, especially Sleggar's snarky comments. Oh, such fond memories...
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Enileph

Wel technically there are game series that allow you to play MS and MA alike, most obvious being the "Gundam Battle ????" series and the now "Gundam Assault ????" series.

Yes, there are not many cool features in this series og games, and things can be quite unbalance, but at least you get to play as anything from a Saku, Doan's Rock Throwing Zaku, GP-03D, Crossbone X3 etc...
Amadi Akintunde

I still play this game every now and then. Wonderful in the way of suit selection. I also liked the Mission Mode. Wish it had more in the way of multiplayer though.
HalfDemonInuyasha

I still play this game quite a bit too and still one of my favorites (though, if it ever came out in english, it most likely would've switched to Climax UC ~_~ ).

Besides the main campaign, letting you play the Thoroughbred campaign, and also other Ace Pilot campaigns is a nice addition. Mission Mode is fun too.

I also do like the "What-If" scenarios and little extra bits.

Amuro encountering Shin Matsunaga at Solomon to protect the Solar System (same with Shin staying there in his Ace Pilot mission and fighting Amuro after Dozle's death).

Amuro fighting Anavel Gato in his custom Rick Dom, Karius in a Zaku II, and Kelly Layzner in a Bigro (with the Doroa in the background) during their retreat from Solomon instead of Dozle and the Big Zam at the conclusion of the battle.

Amuro fighting Johnny Ridden in his Zaku II R-2 outside of Texas Colony.

Amuro fighting Anavel Gato in his custom Gelgoog at A Baoa Qu as well as the ode to the Gundam The Ride bit.

Preventing Luce's death in the G04 and the Thoroughbred being involved at A Baoa Qu.

Cima living through Operation Stardust.

Also some little talk from/between pilots like Shin and Johnny, or Gato and Char at A Baoa Qu. Or, as Amuro, seeing the 04th team with Burning and co at A Baoa Qu.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Red Comet90

halo1000 wrote:
FordR wrote:

I think he means unlock the what-if stages, as I remember they were quite tricky to do when protecting the G04 after it's mega beam launcher blows up, took me 4 or 5 tries.
I meant unlocking the What-if stages. They were all about the points and every time I got the points G-04 would explode before it was supposed to. It was really silly because you had a time limit and you had to kill way too many mobile suits on screen while protecting the G-04 which still blew up even when you completed the mission anyways.

I love how you could re destroy ships after you had destroyed them. It made no sense.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Outlaw

Red Comet90 wrote:I love how you could re destroy ships after you had destroyed them. It made no sense.
Thoroughness?? "There will be no survivors!"

Does anyone remember the unlock requirements for the Galbaldy? My friends and I beat five star Pezun Numbers nearly a dozen times and it never seemed to unlock. Months later I was messing around playing VS CPU and it was just there. I could buy that I overlooked it on the list but I had two other people working on it too. Wierd. :roll:
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
HalfDemonInuyasha

From what I've seen...

Complete the five star Pezun Numbers mission in Mission Mode as a Zeon pilot.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
InjuredPelican

I remember trying to use MA in those pilot missions and being absolutely destroyed in a couple seconds. Despite their massive power, speed, and hp, they were too big of targets. And the areas were too small to use them completely effectively. Oh, and Ball was literally five second suicide. I timed it.

I wish I had gotten to use Strike or one of the other special units in those missions...
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
HalfDemonInuyasha

Well, the Neue Ziel and Dendrobium are really good, IMO, but mostly thanks to their I-Field and really powerful main fire, armor, and such; capable of knocking out MS and Musais/Salamis' with a single shot in Kou's/Gato's ace pilot missions; when leveled up a little in Mission Mode while also capable of utterly murdering any opponent if directly hit up close with their specials, especially larger targets like enemy MA.

The others, yeah, they're not that great overall.

I quickly leave the Dendrobium behind when I get the Gerbera though. That thing is massively beast with its high-powered beam rifle, which is also capable of taking down MS and ships with a single shot, while being insanely fast and maneuverable with a low overheating climb and good defensive power. Too bad you gotta level yourself up a lot to unlock it in missions and, usually, by the time you do, you'll only get the chance to use it for few missions before you beat it, lol.
InjuredPelican

One of my favorites is Alex Gundam. Its side weapon is as good if not better than any of the main machine guns, and then you can arm it with any main weapon you want (beam rifles, bazookas, etc.). I used it a lot in Mission mode, especially since you didn't need to wait too long to afford it. I also like Stamen for its excellent folding bazooka and speed. The GP04 was pretty good though. I really didn't like how GP02 had a beam bazooka in vs mode though. But I guess he would suck with lame melee and only vulcan guns.
-Loran Cehack
HalfDemonInuyasha

And it'd be too broken if it just fired atomic shells all the time too, lol.