Extreme Gundam weapon set is Rock and Roll!

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
South Burning

Extreme Gundam weapon set is Rock and Roll!

Has anyone checked out the new Extreme Gundam model? The weapon is a guitar and the shield is a guitar case. (Reminds me of the old Antonio Banderras movie "Desperado" in which he pulls his guitar out of a case and shoots the bad guys with it.) The Japanese being such admirers and avid collectors of classic American guitars, I imagine the designer intended the weapon to resemble a Gibson Explorer, but I think it is a little closer to the Dave Mustaine Zero (which I think is made by Dean Guitars). Nevertheless, it has inspired me to acquire a Thunderbird bass guitar (my instrument and a similar shape but no cigar) and decorate it in a Gundam motif. Any thoughts on the matter people?
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Re: Extreme Gundam weapon set is Rock and Roll!

I'm impressed with how Kunio Okawara deviated a bit from his traditional Gundam designs in regards to this one (good movie reference BTW). I wanted Bandai to release the Extreme with the armor packs from the video game Gundam Extreme Vs., but this is more than enough for me.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Arsarcana

Re: Extreme Gundam weapon set is Rock and Roll!

Given that its pilot is voiced by Gackt the symbolism is assuredly intentional. As for the option packs, they could always do that later if they want to. They only released the expected third set (the remote weapon-using Ignis Phase) for the game a little while ago. Speaking of which, making that work in kit form would be impressive since the arms of the Extreme become the base for the shoulders and a whole new pair of arms clips into where the original ones should be. I'm not even sure what's up with the new legs.