Ep. 073 - Major Comeback!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 073 - Major Comeback!

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 073 - "Major Comeback!"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 128 min., 53 sec. (2:08:53) - 59.0 MB

Special Guests: Jimmy Taylor (Producer & Voice Director) & Yuki (Voice Actress) of Anime Midstream (2nd Segment)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. PETCO (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:00:43

02. Intro: "Neo's News!"
Runtime: 0:00:43 - 0:14:47 (Duration: 0:14:44)

03. GoDaddy (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:14:47 - 0:15:44 (Duration: 0:00:57)

04. Animēshon Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:15:44 - 0:16:53 (Duration: 0:01:09)

05. 1st Segment: "G.I.T.S. Round-up! - 'Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig'"
Runtime: 0:16:53 - 1:00:46 (Duration: 0:43:53)

06. Champs Sports (Commercial)
Runtime: 1:00:46 - 1:01:46 (Duration: 0:01:00)

07. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:01:46 - 1:02:37 (Duration: 0:00:51)

08. 2nd Segment: "Otaku Insider: An Interview with Jimmy Taylor & Yuki from Anime Midstream" (Movie)
Runtime: 1:02:37 - 2:01:51 (Duration: 0:59:14)

09. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:01:51 - 2:02:20 (Duration: 0:00:29)

10. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:02:20 - 2:03:50 (Duration: 0:01:30)

11. Outro: "Closing/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 2:03:50 - 2:08:53 (Duration: 0:05:03)

The Major Returns in fine form as we blow the dust off of our Ghost in the Shell Round-up and finally discuss our thoughts on "Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig"! Then, riding our high from last episode, we wrangled up another interview - this time with Yuki (a voice actress) and Jimmy Taylor (a producer and voice director) who are a part of the St. Louis-based anime distribution company, Anime Midstream! Both are involved with the English adaptation of "Matchless Raijin-Oh" (which Chris recently reviewed the first 2 volumes on Gundamn.net) and not only do we talk about the series, but also we delve into voice acting, starting an domestic Anime company, the Anime industry & much more!

Many thanks go out to both Yuki & Jimmy for taking the time out of their busy schedules to sit down with us for this interview and if you want to check out their latest work, click on the links below:

Anime Midstream - Home to "Matchless Raijin-Oh"
http://www.AnimeMidstream.com
Twitter: @AnimeMidstream / Facebook Page

Matchless Raijin-Oh @ Amazon.com
Volume 01 - Volume 02

Megacon 2011 is right around the corner, gang! Sadly, we won't be having a live show this year at the convention itself, but we will be recording a special all the same. In addition, we'll be having a meet-up with our listeners who will be attending the convention that weekend!

Megacon 2011 Listener Meet-up!
Address: 8963 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
Date: Friday - March 25th, 2011
Time: 8:00 PM

Come and meet not only the hosts of Gundamn! @ MAHQ, but the good folks of Tomopop.com and the new show, Chaos Theater, who will also be in attendance! We're looking forward to meeting up with you guys there!

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

After listening to this episode, make sure to check out the gang at the "I Thought They Smelled Bad On The Outside" podcast! Your neighborhood podcasting whore, Soul Bro Ryu, recently recorded with show hosts and MechaTalk.net regulars, The Fowl Sorcerous and Jabman025! That's right, your neighborhood Defender of Destiny! The episode, which was about "Trends and Tropes in Current Anime we Love and Loathe", is finally up! Peep the links below for that and previous episodes!

I Thought They Smelled Bad On The Outside
Main Website: http://sbopodcast.blogspot.com
Episode 014 - Trends and Tropes in Current Anime we Love and Loathe
Twitter: @SBOpodcast
Also available on iTunes!

Thanks for having me on the show, gentlemen, and for all who listen, don't forget to subscribe to them on iTunes, follow them on Twitter, and peep their main site on the regular for updates and new episodes - including an upcoming episode with our own Neo in the near future!

Also, the Chaos Theater is live with no jive, gang! Join Pedro "Pedobear South" Cortes (of Tomopop.com & Tomocast) and MAHQ & Gundamn's own Chris Guanche in their new podcast - one that focuses on many other facets of Otakudom! Video Games, Comics/Manga, Merchandise, Books, Movies, TV & every other genre of Anime (sans Mecha) will be conversed about over a couple of cold ones by Chris & Pedro and they invite you to join 'em! (NSFW for younger ears!)

Peep the links below for the latest episode & more info:

- Chaos Theater (Main Website)

- Chaos Theater Ep. 003 - "The Wheel of Time" - MP3 (Right-click & Save!)

- Chaos Theater MechaTalk.net Official Forum:
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewforum.php?f=32

- Chaos Theater, Ep. 003 - "The Wheel of Time" - Feedback Thread
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=13805

- Feedback Email: [email protected]

- Twitter: @CTCast

UPDATE: Finally, Shinjuku Station has just started a podcast, reviewing the latest movies in the theaters, films we missed that are now on home video, and classic movies that have left their mark. The assortment of reviewers will vary from review to review, with participants from "Gundamn! @ MAHQ", "Level Nine", "Flip the Script!" and other podcasts! Check out our first review - featuring Lee Majors, The Wonder (formerly Boiwondr), Neo Lorrnoke & Soul Bro Ryu - as we discuss "Battle: Los Angeles"!

Shinjuku Station At the Movies
Review 001: Battle: Los Angeles
- Download Now!: 128 kbps - 55 min., 25 sec. (0:55:25) - 50.7 MB - NSFW!

Many thanks for listening & enjoy!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Music & Drops Featured in this Episode

- Cold Open Drop
* "The Charlie Sheen is Too Damn High Party" from FunnyorDie (YouTube Channel)

- Intro Segment, Opening Song
"Pride" by HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR
* Season Two OP from "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny"

- Intro Segment, Closing BGM
"Barefoot In The Park" by Shiro Sagisu
* from the "Neon Genesis Evangelion" Original Anime Score

- GoDaddy Commercial BGM
"Cissy Strut" by The Meters
* from the album "The Meters"

- 1st Segment, Opening BGM
"Rise" by Origa
* OP from "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig"

- 1st Segment, Closing BGM
"I Can't Be Cool" by Ilaria Graziano
* from the "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig" Original Anime Soundtrack

- Champs Sports Commercial BGM
"The Perfect Occasion" by RJD2
* from the album "Inversions Of The Colossus"

- 2nd Segment, Opening BGM
"Dream Shift" by Kinuko Oomori & SILK
* OP from "Matchless Raijin-Oh"

- 2nd Segment, Closing BGM
"Chikyuu Bouei Ouen Uta" by Chikyuu Bouei Kumi Yurikago-Kai
* ED from "Matchless Raijin-Oh"

- Outro BGM
"Liquid Luck" by RJD2
* from the album "Inversions Of The Colossus"

- Outro Drop
* "Judau punches Captain Bright (english dub)" from "Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ" (Animax Dub)

- Shinjuku Station & MAHQ Signoff
"Knuckle Clench Fist" by Kotaro Nakagawa
* from the "GUNxSWORD" Original Anime Score

- Stinger Drop
* "Karl Pilkington and Dolphins with Rifles" from Season One, Ep. 4 of "The Ricky Gervais Show" (Animated Series/Podcast)

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - MySpace - FaceBook Profile - FaceBook Group - Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies

Podcasts & Links We're Fond Of:
Unpopular Kulture - Solar Radio Wave - Pretentious Internet Theatre - Row Row Fight Da Powah! - The Reverse Thieves: A Blog Duet with Hisui & Narutaki - SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast - Anime Addicts Anonymous - Jabman025's YouTube Channel - Mobile Suit Gundam Abridged by Gutted Wren Studios - 12 Volt Revolt

Sponsors & Special Offers:
GoDaddy - PETCO - Champs Sports

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
NastyNate

Re: Ep. 073 - Major Comeback!

I never have gotten around to watching Ghost in the Shell or Patlabor for that matter but with all the praise you guys give these shows I might need to check it out.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Arbiter GUNDAM

So, when you say 'creative works' do you mean, anything?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Mu La Flaga

Didn't have any interest in Ghost in the Shell round up part.
So no mail bag and no bits with the news articles of mine in there, so that leaves the last segment.
Was interesting to hear little bits about their Raijin-oh release and all.
I hope Anime Midstream get somewhere and maybe they can rescue old titles or not.
Also interesting to hear their ideas or workings for dubbing the series ect.

That is all I've got.
Chris
Administrator

Mu, you keep making mention of your news submissions and/or Mailbag questions not being used, and I'm not sure why. As we've always said with Neo's News and the Mailbag, just because you post something, it doesn't guarantee it will be used. Although we've used plenty of your submissions in both segments, it doesn't mean you're always going to get something in. Don't take it personally or anything.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

I'm not, just saying this episode, there was only really 1 segment caught my interest and jumped to that one.

So not taking it personally, just that with my last bunch of questions I thought one of them might get picked at least.

I keep on trying when I have ideas or things to post anyway.
Sometimes the ideas or questions are a little lacking or not too appealing probably to pick.
jabman025

good show guys,

as for my news submission, I've never actually watched Aquarian Age, just saw the news on the web and thought it would be info for you to pass along.

I really enjoyed the segment on GITS 2nd Gig. Truth be told I really enjoyed the Laughing man story arc more than the individual eleven. I'm not entirely sure why, maybe I just enjoyed the chase as apposed the polotical fighting. I did however enjoy the "stand alone" episodes much more in the series becuase of the episodes that gave more depth the supporting characters within Section 9. In this season The major came across as a human being as apposed to season 1.

Oh and one more thing,.......Neo you can't kick a guy when he's down when he stands above you :lol:
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

jabman025 wrote:

Oh and one more thing,.......Neo you can't kick a guy when he's down when he stands above you :lol:
With my Kung-Fu, I can and will.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Rodimus76

It just occured to me. Who do you think is a 'Soul Bro' man in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. It could be either for each season or the entire series.

Inquiring minds wants to know :wink:
Dollow

This was a good ep, with the ghost in the shell roundup, it was nice to hear it, the anime interview was very cool as it reminds us that the people working in the anime industry are still people and not faceless and do care about their work when they put it out.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Dollow wrote:This was a good ep, with the ghost in the shell roundup, it was nice to hear it, the anime interview was very cool as it reminds us that the people working in the anime industry are still people and not faceless and do care about their work when they put it out.

What was nice is that they were the same off air too. So you know they're just nice people in general.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Koshernova

Chris wrote:I am a big Saint Seiya fan.
Really Chris? :)

*dashes to the Chaos Theatre topic submission thread*