[Novel] - New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Re: [Novel] - New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop

G-Slayer wrote:There's a merchandise thread for that, you know.
Yes, I've known that for years. You should also know that 98% of the board members here never look at it.

I just posted it here in case it's relevant to FT or it's companion manga Glory of the Defeated. It was just a much faster way of spreading the news.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Amadi Akintunde

Hm, I like what I see so far, but how's he gonna handle it color-wise? Can't wait to see the full thing.
Dark Duel

Seraphic wrote:I just posted it here in case it's relevant to FT or it's companion manga Glory of the Defeated. It was just a much faster way of spreading the news.
Given that IIRC, GotD is an adaptation of the original series featuring the ver. Ka/EW designs, I would imagine that it would be relevant, yeah.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Arsarcana

It's really only relevant insofar as Glory is now going to get a Ver. Ka. Epyon to fit with the redesigns of the other Gundam instead of reusing the original one. It's unlikely to have any impact on Frozen Teardrop directly, though a next generation Tallgeese or Epyon (or something inspired by them at least) showing up eventually isn't outside the realm of possibility.
Amadi Akintunde

Spoiler Warningzu
Kouryakukan added:
■新機動戦記ガンダムW FT
P204-213にわたってヒイロ役緑川さんとデュオ役関さんの対談および
ウイングガンダム0、デスサイズヘルカラーイラスト、
MG「ガンダムエピオン」設定画などを掲載。

本編はP214-
今月号のカラーイラストはヒイロとトレーズ。
今月はデュオの回想がメイン。

「オレは浮気もイカサマもするが
正直者のファザー・マックスウェルだ」

今月の挿絵はP219のゼクスとナイナ、デュオの腕と
P224のシスター・ヒルデとデュオ(息子)

・デュオの職業は賞金かせぎ。
「ファザー・マックスウェル」は有名な渾名。
賞金稼ぎやイカサマ博打で儲けた金をヒルデの孤児院に送っている。
・息子とされているちびデュオとデュオの間に血縁はない。
・火星の大統領だった「ミリアルド」の正体はノインの兄、
ディズヌフ・ノイエンハイム。
・本物のミリアルドことゼクスは娘のナイナとともに旅している。
ゼクスは「キュレネの風」と名乗っている。
そのナイナはヒルデが運営する「シュバイカ―孤児院」に
ゼクスの希望でデュオの仲介によって預けられた。
「シュバイカ―孤児院」は自称・ゼクス・マーキスが登場した
ラグナリン共和国にある。

※P225ではデュオが「オレの嫁さんがリーブラって
戦艦に乗りこんでいった時に…」と話しているので、
MC-0002時点ではデュオとヒルデは夫婦らしい。

・火星では謎の老化現象があり個人差もある。
そのためデュオは極端に老いた姿をしている。

最後に五飛が若い姿のままで出撃して以下次号。
「コードネーム・ナタク……プリベンター・スクランブル!
<エピオンⅡ> 発進する!」

Babelfish:

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing ■ W FT
And the role of P204-related duo's dialogue with over 213 Hiiro role Midorikawa
Wing 0, Desusaizuherukarairasuto,
MG "Gandamuepion" and on setting screen.

This title P214-
Color illustration of this month's issue and Torez Hiiro.
This month the main recollection of the duo.

"I'm cheating but also cheat too
Maxwell's Father is an honest man "

Illustration of this month's ZX P219 and Na Nai, arms and duo
Sister Hilde and Duo P224 (son)

Kasegi professional prize - the duo.
"Father Maxwell" is a famous nickname.
The orphanage sent to Hilde earned money on gambling and cheating bounty.
- Tiny blood between the duo and the duo has no son.
- Was president of Mars, "Miriarudo" identity of the brother-in noise,
Dizunufu Noienhaimu.
It is a real ZX Miriarudo - traveling with her daughter Naina.
ZX is a "wind of Cyrene," and calls himself.
Of which are operated by Hilde Naina "Shubaika - orphanage" in
Entrusted by the mediator at the request of Zekes duo.
"Shubaika - Orphanage" is the emergence of self-styled Marquis ZX
Phosphorus in the Republic of Laguna.

※ P225 in the duo "Hey, my wife is libra
When the battleship went on 乗Rikon ... "so she said,
At the time of the MC-0002 and Hilde 夫婦Rashii duo.

Mars - there are also individual differences in aging of the mystery.
Therefore, the duo has an extremely old form.

Next edition form below to leave the young fly sorties in the last five.
"Nataku Puribenta scrambled code name ...!
<Ⅱ Epion> take off! "

SISTER HILDE?!

BRB. DYING NAO.

MY WIFE? LIBRA?! FFFFFF.

*is going to slap the Babelfish so hard if this is wrong*

Also:
■新機動戦記ガンダムW
フローズンティアドロップ上下巻
巻末に隅沢さんのあとがきあり。
新しい挿絵はざっと読んだ限りないような。
それぞれ聴けるオリジナルボイスドラマは

●上巻
ヒイロ・ユイによるモノローグ「A.C.195 AUTUMN」

●下巻
デュオとヒイロによるスペシャルミニドラマ
「出撃!! 白雪姫と魔法使い」

3/26に発売される【敗者たちの栄光】には
トレーズによる詩と文章とリルケの詩が朗読される。
朗読するのは関さん。
■ W Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
The second volume Furozuntiadoroppu
Sawa's afterword in the back corner there.
There is no such new illustration only cursory read.
Each listen Orijinaruboisudorama

● the first volume
Monologue by Hiiro Yui "AC195 AUTUMN"

● Volume
Hiiro Supesharuminidorama by duo
"Sortie! Snow White Witch"

3 / 26 - will be released in the glory of their losers;
The writing and reading poetry in the poetry of Rilke Torez.
関San you are reading.
Spoiler
"Even though I fool around and play tricks, I'm the honest Father Maxwell."

- P224 is Sister Hilde and Duo (son)
- Duo's occupation is bounty hunting
- Father Maxwell is a famous name
- He sends money to Hilde's orphanage based on money he gats from bounty hunting and tricky gambling.
- The son that is regarded as a mini-Duo is not a blood relative of Duo. (LMAO WHAT?)
- The real name of "Milliardo", former Martian President is Noin's older brother "Dix-Neuf Noinheim
- The real Milliardo, Zechs, is travelling with Naina
- Zech has taken the name "Wind of Cyrene"
- Hilde was entrusted to watching over Naina at the "Schbeiker Orphanage" at the request of Zechs through Duo's mediation.
- The orphanage is located in the Laguna Republic
- Blogger ponders whether Hilde and Duo are married
- On Mars, the agine process is different for each person.
- For that reason, that's why Duo appears extremely old. {LOL!}
- Young WuFei (what?) says "Codename: Nataku... Preventers, scramble! Epyon II, launching!"
Arsarcana

Assuming that's all an accurate reporting with no context missing, that sound you just heard was my head exploding and imploding at the same time from a combination of 'woohoo' and 'wait, what'.
Spoiler
* Hilde and Duo married? Sweet. Yeah, the Japanese implies it so heavily it might as well have just said it directly. Of course, if Hilde is a nun now that raises a few theoretical issues. Given that linear progression hasn't been the strong point of the novel it and a few other things might make more sense with more context.

* Duo Jr. isn't related to Duo? I have got to call shennanigans at this point. That makes two children that are allegedly unrelated to but suspiciously similar to original characters plus Katherine and her too-young age. Did someone invent cloning technology in additon to really good cryogenics?

* Even Zechs isn't immune to substitutes it seems, though how you could mistake a relative of Noin's for him I don't know. Even with the level of record manipulation that's observed in the AC universe you'd think people would remember what Milliado Peacecraft looked like.
Also, it sounds like there is going to be a next-gen Epyon after all. Given the simultaneous announcement with the MG that'll teach me to open my mouth about relatedness. :oops:
AmuroNT1

Assuming this is all true...
Spoiler
* DuJu not being Duo's biological son is "wat", like Arsarcana said.
* I have a hard time seeing Zechs being okay with someone taking his place in order to literally take the bullet for him, even moreso if it's the brother of his wife. As an aside, does Sumizawa understand foreign names at all? Noin has been said ever since the beginning to be of Italian descent, yet her brother's surname is "Noienheim", which is so German it's not funny.
* But the thing that REALLY gets me is the idea that people on Mars age at different rates. I just can't think of any explanation for this that's good. I have a sinking feeling there's going to be some overtech explanation that's going to give me a GN Particle headache.
Also, that line about Libra is badly Babelfish'd; it's more along the lines of "My wife infiltrated the space battleship Libra once, you know..."
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Amadi Akintunde

AmuroNT1 wrote:
Spoiler
* But the thing that REALLY gets me is the idea that people on Mars age at different rates. I just can't think of any explanation for this that's good. I have a sinking feeling there's going to be some overtech explanation that's going to give me a GN Particle headache.
I think it's the much lower gravity causing muscles to atrophy and bones to lose their density; those effects are basically the same thing as aging.
AmuroNT1

In fairness, I should point out that I may have misread that line, or else it was badly rendered. I initially thought it said EVERYONE ages differently on Mars, as in, "Bob ages normally, but Steve ages twice as fast".

Certainly, living in reduced gravity WOULD cause reduced muscle density and bone mass that would need to be counteracted with regular exercise and a diet full of essential vitamins and minerals. Certainly, one would require some time to get re-acclimated to the Earth's gravity, assuming that one hadn't spent so long in reduced gravity that they simply could no longer tolerate a full G and would be killed if they tried. But the thing is, this is a setting where space travel and viable extraplanetary habitats with simulated gravity have existed for over two centuries; issues like this would have been discovered and sorted out a long time ago.

But that's not what bugs me: the premise that another planet would cause physical aging (as in, "Duo here looks twice as old as he really is") just doesn't work for me. It's either a case of the writer not doing his research before writing, or a prelude to a new plot element that just, by default, has me worried. Either way, I'm obviously a hair pessimistic about the whole thing.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Amadi Akintunde

AmuroNT1 wrote:In fairness, I should point out that I may have misread that line, or else it was badly rendered. I initially thought it said EVERYONE ages differently on Mars, as in, "Bob ages normally, but Steve ages twice as fast".

Certainly, living in reduced gravity WOULD cause reduced muscle density and bone mass that would need to be counteracted with regular exercise and a diet full of essential vitamins and minerals. Certainly, one would require some time to get re-acclimated to the Earth's gravity, assuming that one hadn't spent so long in reduced gravity that they simply could no longer tolerate a full G and would be killed if they tried. But the thing is, this is a setting where space travel and viable extraplanetary habitats with simulated gravity have existed for over two centuries; issues like this would have been discovered and sorted out a long time ago.

But that's not what bugs me: the premise that another planet would cause physical aging (as in, "Duo here looks twice as old as he really is") just doesn't work for me. It's either a case of the writer not doing his research before writing, or a prelude to a new plot element that just, by default, has me worried. Either way, I'm obviously a hair pessimistic about the whole thing.
Looking back, I recently read on AnimeSuki from another translation that there was an aging phenomenon going on on Mars.
Mu La Flaga

Wow seeing that new bunch of things come out, gives a wtf and wohoo reaction at the same time to some point.
Spoiler
Now it makes me wonder what Relena's place is then, since as far as she her brother was assasinated?

Or maybe she just played a part of a scheme to keep things under wraps.

As for Noin's brother, I figure, maybe the father was German and the mum Italian.
Hence the naming system for their kids? :P

Also don't really buy the bit about Mars aging thing or Duo's son not being genetically related it's just some kid who looks really simillar somehow?
Oh yeah they cloned Garrod Rand or something :P
Amadi Akintunde

So, new novel volume is out. We now see Zechs for what he really is.
Spoiler
In GotD news,
Spoiler
We see a glimpse of Treize's blueprints for Epyon.
Heavyarms gets some new equipment.
Heavyarms proceeds to blow everything up with new equipment.
Specials suits close in on Heavyarms.
To be continued.
I think I'm in love with Heavyarms all over again.
wingzero2011

Spoiler
Oh yeah they cloned Garrod Rand or something :P

Thats priceless haha. But there seriously was some kind of Gundam X influence there.
The only ones who should kill are the ones prepared to be killed.
AmuroNT1

Am I allowed to gripe about the "Generation Xerox" going on in this novel, or will people just say I'm complaining for no reason? Because seriously now, this is the fifth character we've run into who looks exactly like a member of the old cast. I know people take after their parents, but this is just ridiculous.

Wingnut

AmuroNT1 wrote:Am I allowed to gripe about the "Generation Xerox" going on in this novel, or will people just say I'm complaining for no reason? Because seriously now, this is the fifth character we've run into who looks exactly like a member of the old cast. I know people take after their parents, but this is just ridiculous.
At this point, they might as well be clones. (And I will have strong words with the writers if even one of them is.) It's a very thin excuse to have the previous cast back in action after so long by having carbon copies in the cockpit only because the original 5, save for Heero, are too physically old to do it themselves.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
LightningCount

Amadi Akintunde wrote:So, new novel volume is out. We now see Zechs for what he really is.
Spoiler
In GotD news,
Spoiler
We see a glimpse of Treize's blueprints for Epyon.
Heavyarms gets some new equipment.
Heavyarms proceeds to blow everything up with new equipment.
Specials suits close in on Heavyarms.
To be continued.
I think I'm in love with Heavyarms all over again.
We've seen pre-mask Zechs with sunglasses before in Episode Zero (somewhat to my chagrin). Is this new image from GotD or Frozen Teardrop? And where about in the TV episode count are they in GotD? (It sounds like it might be near the "recap" episodes 27 & 28) Has it included the lost material like Wu Fei's arranged marriage, etc from Episode Zero that were supposed to fit in there? Lastly, have they addressed the characters' ages in GotD? (Because, despite being a fan, it's sort of bugged me how young people like Noin were in Episode Zero--12, I think? If one were to redo Gundam Wing, I would think you'd want to make some characters older--I mean, Zechs looked older than 19 in the series anyway).
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
AmuroNT1

Wingnut wrote:At this point, they might as well be clones. (And I will have strong words with the writers if even one of them is.) It's a very thin excuse to have the previous cast back in action after so long by having carbon copies in the cockpit only because the original 5, save for Heero, are too physically old to do it themselves.
My question is simply this: if the characters are going to be so close to the originals as to not matter, then why bother with the whole "30 years in the future" story and not just set the story some closer time, like a year after Endless Waltz?

LightningCount: GotD, so far, has been one-to-one in terms of episodes to chapters, with some exceptions (like the first chapter dealing with an event the day before Operation Meteor). I'd estimate that the stuff with Heavyarms is either the battle where he meets Quatre, or the New Edwards base battle. And yes, GotD does include sidestory material; Chapter 2 starts off with Duo's attempt to self-destruct Deathscythe (as seen in his EW flashback) and has bits from Episode Zero, like him remembering Father Maxwell and Sister Helen, and the dialog he has with Professor G before he leaves for Operation M.

Deacon Blues

AmuroNT1 wrote:My question is simply this: if the characters are going to be so close to the originals as to not matter, then why bother with the whole "30 years in the future" story and not just set the story some closer time, like a year after Endless Waltz?

Well here's the thing... it's not thirty years in the future. We don't know WHEN the timeline begins after AC-197. Thus far, Duo is the only one that looks relatively old. Trowa has gray hair now, but that's the only other exception. The explanation is that everyone pretty much ages differently on Mars. In the latest chapter, we're told that WuFei apparently still looks young.
LightningCount: GotD, so far, has been one-to-one in terms of episodes to chapters, with some exceptions (like the first chapter dealing with an event the day before Operation Meteor). I'd estimate that the stuff with Heavyarms is either the battle where he meets Quatre, or the New Edwards base battle. And yes, GotD does include sidestory material; Chapter 2 starts off with Duo's attempt to self-destruct Deathscythe (as seen in his EW flashback) and has bits from Episode Zero, like him remembering Father Maxwell and Sister Helen, and the dialog he has with Professor G before he leaves for Operation M.
Thus far, the deviation from the main storyline has begun in the latest chapters entitled MIracle Worker: Tallgeese. In the middle arc chapter, Treize is seen working on the Epyon while Commander Bonepart is about to get whacked at the Alliance base. *shrug*

Oh and Lt. Walker's first name is now Oswald :lol:
Mu La Flaga

That little pic of Zechs in spoiler tags is interesting to see his new and justified nickname.