Perfect gundam game (nothings perfect though)

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
CJack90

Perfect gundam game (nothings perfect though)

Land battles can be like federation vs zeon with epic scale land battles,and also add in a cover to hide behind buildings,also radar,sonar,and thermal can be added into the mix basically like zeonic front squad based gameplay incorporate with federation vs zeon gameplay mechanics with a mechassault feel to it .. and space stages can be like encounters in space all out warfare..what do you guys think and also add your input about having multiplayer with a added on story mode..
ydawg314

Re: Perfect gundam game (nothings perfect though)

T.T nobody seem to notice or care here but...

Let me reroute you to this
Mobile suit Grunt Wars CE: Battlefield Blitz

its top down 2d but Im trying to do pretty much everything you suggested...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKoKzqne-U8

Anyway somethings I would be looking for in a 3d game would be fastpaced combat but with a cockpit view, controls which allow player to feel like they are actually piloting, realistic battlefield bad company style building damage, The abiliy to have team battleship battles in which squads spawn in and protect their ships, actually good gameplay not just gimmicky content, complex melee system.

I have a list of these like 10 pages long which i compiled for my game XD

EDIT:
this is what a gundam game should be like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVF18EWgsuE
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
CJack90

yea bro im actually playing killzone 3 online right now hell of a good game im gonna read your article right now and yea so far im impressed this will certainly if was a 3d gundam game this aspect will bring gundam back to the forefront and also gets respect stateside Nandai/Namco are whatever doesnt give gundam no justice the setting,stories,pholosiphes in the gundam universe have so much potential to have great games ..
iKhaotic

Just give a Gundam game a roster of suits from every series, then add Zone of the Enders 2 gameplay, it would be golden.
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
AmuroNT1

I'd say use the control system from the ACE series, modified to represent ground combat better, and give it a combo system like the Vs series, and you're golden.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
iKhaotic

I can't comment on that since I have yet to play the ACE series lol. What's the system like in ACE?
halo1000

iKhaotic wrote:I can't comment on that since I have yet to play the ACE series lol. What's the system like in ACE?
Pretty similar to Zone of the Enders. Although I think a combination of the ZOE and Armored Core control setups would go nicely...
AmuroNT1

Honestly, I haven't played ZOE to compare the two. XD YouTubing the series might give an idea of how it handles. Just as a fair warning, ACE:R heavily modified the system so it would probably look a bit strange in comparison.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
iKhaotic

ZOE/ZOE2 controls are very fluid and responsive. It's fast paced yet simple enough so that you don't lose track or get confused about what you are doing on screen, but effective enough to make the game feel exciting and gives you the sensation of controlling an advanced mech.

One of the ways it works so well IMO is that the main attack button is contextual based, in that if you're far away from your target, the mech will do only long ranged attacks, but when you get within close range, the main attack button becomes a melee button. Though I'm sure this would turn some people off of the controls if they want to slash randomly when they're far away or fire ranged weapons at close range... With that, you also have a sub weapon button which uses your selected sub weapon that you pick from a drop down menu at the press of a button that pauses the action (this can be changed to real time if this system was implemented into current gen online play).

Then you have ascend/decend buttons and a boost button which you can boost yourself as you ascend/decend. If you hold the boost button while you aren't moving, you go into a "charge" mode or "burst" mode as they call it in the game, where you use a sort of super attack when you press the main attack button, this also, is contextual based, with one ranged and one melee special.

That's pretty much the gist of it. Aside from what I explained, you have the essentials like your lock-on, movement, and whatnot.
Kuruni

Story, guys. It can't be perfect without some freshy story that keep you wonder what will happen next.

And I say either multiple choices visual novel or bit of stats building like Persona 3 & 4 should be the best. Anyway, you character need to has some impact to overall plot.

And just to make it really perfect, lets add Arcade mode for people who don't care about story at all.

Alternately, lets make it Katamari Damarcy Gundam :mrgreen: ! I won't complain as long as I can use Haro to roll-up Solomon.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Enileph

Full cockpit and control like Gundam Kizuna.
Customization options like Armored core and BorderBreak.
Massive Battle 32 vs 32+. (unlikely, lag + we sometimes have problems with full 8 vs 8 when connecting)
Full vocal communications plus partial vocal control.
Customizable controls and self defined functions/sequences. (like, you can define: press function key B for barrel roll, like the bullet sequence programming in God Eater)
iKhaotic

Enileph wrote:Full cockpit and control like Gundam Kizuna.
Massive Battle 32 vs 32+. (unlikely, lag + we sometimes have problems with full 8 vs 8 when connecting)
Customizable controls and self defined functions/sequences. (like, you can define: press function key B for barrel roll, like the bullet sequence programming in God Eater)
I would agree on the cusomization, but you have to remember that it's Gundam. The suits are already built for you and are all preset if we're staying true to the source materials. If it's Armored Core level of customization, it just wouldn't be Gundam any more, you know? We'd get some of the wackiest combos/designs lol.
I don't think 32 vs 32 would be too much of a problem if they can perfect the matchmaking process to match people up with similar connections/areas.
As for full voice communication, that's pretty much a given for any online game these days.
Enileph

True that. Maybe customizations should be limited to:

- Paint Job. Everyone knows that MS are faster when they are Salmon Pink!!!
- Small antenae. Once again, a blade fin on your head would make you go faster.
- engine/thruster performance tweak, like how you tweak a car engine, affects things like handeling, top speed, operation time, etc...
- Armor parts customization (extra plating and structure for a tougher but heavier MS, or strip it to the bones for fast and fragile. Some have upgraded materials. External difference would range from minimal to bulky/slim, depending on changes.)

- Tweaked/added extra parts (like removed shoulder studs, or use double shoulder shield on a Zaku. Added sensor pack and/or a couple small thrusters seems like a common thing. Other common ones are extra propeller tanks and small built in weaponary addition, like wrist cannons and head vulcans)

- Different handheld weapon (not a tweak, but more of a preference)
- tweaked handheld weapon (like using giant heathawk. MMP-80 with longer muzzle, etc. make that gun tacticool like IRL)

All of the above are just tweaked parts. Some of them would have minimal external difference while giving great performance upgrade. While th are ones with obvuous external differences, but still makes the MS recognizable from its original model easily. Think of the Chimera Blue Gelgoog in MSV-R, that is the extent of a souped up version.

Also, that would allow for much personalization without that being rediculous.
Last edited by Enileph on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ydawg314

iKhaotic wrote:
Enileph wrote:Full cockpit and control like Gundam Kizuna.
I would agree on the cusomization, but you have to remember that it's Gundam. The suits are already built for you and are all preset if we're staying true to the source materials. If it's Armored Core level of customization, it just wouldn't be Gundam any more, you know? We'd get some of the wackiest combos/designs lol.
I don't think 32 vs 32 would be too much of a problem if they can perfect the matchmaking process to match people up with similar connections/areas.
As for full voice communication, that's pretty much a given for any online game these days.
well the way im handling customization in my gave is to make all the parts come from ms you've destroyed in a certain way... This means that the parts are hard to acquire so at most you may see a gm with a zaku shield and gouf whip.

One thing I still want to see if a game has options where you can leave your ms/gundam is ability to select voice activated commands. If you have ever seen shows like or turn A where the ms have some AI and the pilots can be like "attack!" and point, it should be like that.

Unrelated, Im still waiting to see a xbox kinnect version of G gundam
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
DAG101

ydawg314 wrote:Unrelated, Im still waiting to see a xbox kinnect version of G gundam

That would be AWESOME!
iKhaotic

DAG101 wrote:
ydawg314 wrote:Unrelated, Im still waiting to see a xbox kinnect version of G gundam

That would be AWESOME!
^This.
halo1000

iKhaotic wrote:
DAG101 wrote:

That would be AWESOME!
^This.
Cannot believe I never thought of this!! You sir are winning this thread right now.
J-Lead

Two things; A cockpit view, and a competent dev team that actually wants to put out a quality title. Seriously, screw Japanese devs and their ridiculous aversion to an optional first person perspective. I'm pretty confident that the mecha sections of Killzone 2 & 3 were better than anything they're capable of putting out, and those were what, fifteen minutes long each? VS, JTJ and EIS-style gamplay will only work for so long, it's time they made a Gundam game with a friggin sense of immersion.

That, or for god sake, hand the IP over to a reputable Western developer (yeah I said it, do somethin' *grabs crotch*) since Japanese development teams seem WAY to comfortable with the fact that Gundam is immensely popular in their home country and will sell no matter what to actually put any considered effort into the IP. (Yes, I'm well aware of Front Mission Evolved and how bad it was, yet all things considered, it was still better than 80% of the Gundam games I've played.)

I once had the idea of a Bioware style RPG/simulator series taking place in the UC timeline, complete with a customizable main character that stays with you throughout the timeline, with each game taking place in a conflict from 0079-0088, and later down the line, you'll be able to recruit characters from sidestories to the AEUG Mass Effect-style, like Matt Healy, Ford Romfellow, and Agar, or maybe even Kou Uraki and Christina Mackenzie, thus expanding on their stories past 0079-0084, and perhaps some ace pilots like Tenneth A Jung and Led Wayline (amnesiac Johnny Ridden.)
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
iKhaotic

halo1000 wrote: Cannot believe I never thought of this!! You sir are winning this thread right now.
Tell me about it. A G Gundam Kinect game alone will convince me to buy a Kinect. I highly doubt the controls will be responsive, but so long as I can do basics moves like Shining Finger or Sekiha Tenkyouken, I'm sold :)
Enileph

J-Lead wrote:Two things; A cockpit view, and a competent dev team that actually wants to put out a quality title. Seriously, screw Japanese devs and their ridiculous aversion to an optional first person perspective. I'm pretty confident that the mecha sections of Killzone 2 & 3 were better than anything they're capable of putting out, and those were what, fifteen minutes long each? VS, JTJ and EIS-style gamplay will only work for so long, it's time they made a Gundam game with a friggin sense of immersion.

That, or for god sake, hand the IP over to a reputable Western developer (yeah I said it, do somethin' *grabs crotch*) since Japanese development teams seem WAY to comfortable with the fact that Gundam is immensely popular in their home country and will sell no matter what to actually put any considered effort into the IP. (Yes, I'm well aware of Front Mission Evolved and how bad it was, yet all things considered, it was still better than 80% of the Gundam games I've played.)

I once had the idea of a Bioware style RPG/simulator series taking place in the UC timeline, complete with a customizable main character that stays with you throughout the timeline, with each game taking place in a conflict from 0079-0088, and later down the line, you'll be able to recruit characters from sidestories to the AEUG Mass Effect-style, like Matt Healy, Ford Romfellow, and Agar, or maybe even Kou Uraki and Christina Mackenzie, thus expanding on their stories past 0079-0084, and perhaps some ace pilots like Tenneth A Jung and Led Wayline (amnesiac Johnny Ridden.)
NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. Cause last time some Western got their hands on UC, they make a piece of carp movie that is such a disgrace that the movie enters the forbidden lore status, where you can no longer find any reference of them in any timelines on any official website.

The best chance is to induce a co-operation project. and hope for the best. Asking the japanese to make a western style game would produce works of fail like that certain UC game on the 360 system...