The Gunpla that will Never Be.

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
BlitzkriegOmega

The Gunpla that will Never Be.

We all have these kits in our heads: The One Kit you would buy in an instant if Bandai ever released it....but you know that your dream kit will be nothing more than a dream...
Post your dream kits here!

I got a few, all of them MG kits:

MG Turn X (Must include Moonlight Butterfly and other effect parts....and the First MUST be compatable with MG Turn A...)

MG Susanowo/Masurao (It's too thin to be made into a MG...but I like the MS...)

MG Extreme Gundam, MG Gundam 7th, MG Phoenix Zero (It's from a game...game kits NEVER get made into MGs)

MG Great Zeong, MG Quin Mantha (Anything bigger than Perfect Zeong will never be made)

MG 00Q Trans-am/ Quantum Burst (Keep dreaming Folks...)

MG GP02 2.0 (The old kit is crap...It needs an update, but nobody will buy it because it'll be about as expensive as The O...)
Kratos

Re: The Gunpla that will Never Be.

MG Hygogg. Every time a MG kit is announced, and it ISN'T the Hygogg, I shed a single tear.

I have shed many a tear, my friends.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Arsarcana

Actually, MG Turn X has a chance since it placed fairly well in that MG poll they held a while back.

For me, I'd have to say an MG Dooben Wolf. One day we might get an HG of it but never an MG.

For a real fantasy that's DoA, MG Throne Gundam (with all three heads and accessory sets, plus the Turbulenz parts).

At one point I'd have said any Leo kit but I've heard Katoki wants to do one and with all the Wing stuff that's going on, it may happen one day.

Also, I know they'll never make a Phoenix MG but what with the attention the line got in G Gen World and that manga they're supposed to be working on, maybe an HG Phoenix isn't entirely impossible. They could easily convert it into Phoenix Zero and Halphas kits too. I can dream, right?
SNT1

Looking at the recent Wing run (that may include even Sandrock and Heavyarms)

Anything not abnormally-sized can be MG. Wouldn't count anything out nowadays.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
blind_dead_mcjones

MG Flag/Enact - not because of the thinness of the limbs (the Real Grade line and HGUC loto both prove that inner frames can be done not matter what size the model and its limbs are) but simply because bandai can't whack in the light up GN drive gimmick, also because they're grunt/enemy ace pilot suits, grunt units are more or less restricted to UC MG's and the only time an enemy ace gets an MG is when its a gundam (the GN-X being the exception that proves the rule) or they're a well known zeon ace

and to a lesser degree:
HG Tieren high mobility type-b, Hellion (and its variants), realdo, fantong (and by extension the anf), GN-XIV, alvaaron, aggrissa, flag orbital colony guard (celestial being version)
Flag Fighter for life!
iKhaotic

MG Double X... To be honest, it may not have a high chance of being made, there's still a slim chance IMO. I believe the HGAW Gundam X Dividier did well enough that Bandai should look more into the Gundam X series for kits. There really isn't much extra gimmicks that would complicate the Double X's production, aside from the Twin Satellite Cannons, but seeing what recent MG releases are capable of, I'm sure it's no problem.

MG V2 is also on my list. With complete Wings of Light effect parts. I haven't been keeping up with recent Gunpla news in the past few months, so I'm not sure if there were any rumors going around for it's production yet.
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
PowerdGNFlag

Throwing in my two cents.

> MG Capule/Kapool - any color will do (ZZ/Turn A). Come on, it's the closest thing you can get to an MS that transforms into a Haro!

> Every SEED/DESTINY Gundam (or MS in general) not named Strike, Freedom, Impulse, Destiny, or Justice. (Except for the original Justice).

> MG Pisces/Cancer twin set, anyone? Or an MG Zock. Every MSG MS has a MG (or two), but Zock?
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Xiphas

(It's from a game...game kits NEVER get made into MGs)
Arent the Gundam G04 and G05 from a video game (Encounters in Space)? Granted, the designs themselves arent too hard to convert from the RX-78, but they're still game designs. The MG line itself has some weird designs from odd places like the Hi-Nu from CCA novel, and the EX-S from the photonovel. Plus, the new Gundam Wing MG's arent even in the show, instead from a manga. So really, you could get something like the Gundam Mudrock in MG form if it was popular enough.

For me, I wanna see a HGAC line, I would snap up most of them in an instant. I prefer to have lots of 1/144 kits more than a couple MG's.
DeltasTaii

...yeah, OP's reasoning is pretty faulty for the most part. Turn X isn't that much less likely than a lot of other things, G04, G05, Musha, and Musha Mk.II are all game kits, and GP02 is nowhere near as big as The O.

Anyways:
MG GINN
MG Nobel Gundam

...there isn't much else I'd like a MG of because the proportions would probably be terrible and F90 would just be so small that jamming a frame in it sounds horrible. In terms of HG I'd like a Gelgoog J that doesn't have legs up to where its chest should be more than anything new and exotic I think. Maybe some more SEED/Destiny MSVs like Out Frame and Turn Delta. MG Turn Delta would be nice actually, the MG Astray frame is already made for it. Pity we got that silly Red Frame Delta form instead.
Dark Duel

I would much rather have MG Testament Gundam or Astray Out Frame D than Turn Delta, frankly. Sadly, neither of those will ever happen.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
BlitzkriegOmega

DeltasTaii wrote:...yeah, OP's reasoning is pretty faulty for the most part. Turn X isn't that much less likely than a lot of other things, G04, G05, Musha, and Musha Mk.II are all game kits, and GP02 is nowhere near as big as The O.
when and if Turn X is made, I garuntee that the only effect part they'll give...if any...is the beam sword...no shining Finger, no M.L.Butterfly and nothing for the Funnel-body...
you got me on the Mushas...

G04 and G05 aren't Master Grades, they may have the title, but they aren't...they have NO innerframe short of the backpack and upper legs. I know because I have G05...

and GP02 is a pretty big kit, maybe not as big as The O, but I'm fairly sure it would get to be fairly close to The O in price if they gave it a 2.0 frame...
Xiphas

Yeah I think they should do an upgrade for some of the older MG's. If they can upgrade the Gundam MKII's, Zeta, and like all the OYW designs, they can upgrade some of the more popular but old MG's, like the GP01 and GP02 (i'd love to see that thing with a stand aiming its bazooka). I'd also like to see an MG Tallgeese, preferably the Tallgeese III. Knowing Bandai, if they made one, they'd make an MG of them all, and repackage each one with a different head and weapons just to sell three. lol.
iKhaotic

DeltasTaii wrote: ...there isn't much else I'd like a MG of because the proportions would probably be terrible and F90 would just be so small that jamming a frame in it sounds horrible. In terms of HG I'd like a Gelgoog J that doesn't have legs up to where its chest should be more than anything new and exotic I think. Maybe some more SEED/Destiny MSVs like Out Frame and Turn Delta. MG Turn Delta would be nice actually, the MG Astray frame is already made for it. Pity we got that silly Red Frame Delta form instead.
They made a MG for the F91. I'm not sure how the frame is, but it exists lol. I'd actually like to get a hold of it myself. Here's some pics of the inner frame from Dalong's site:

http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m91/p/m91_31.jpg
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m91/p/m91_33.jpg
hahah, urmm...
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m91/p/m91_46.jpg

I agree on the SEED/Destiny MSVs though. The CE side stories have some of the most interesting and cool MS designs IMO. We have MGs of Red Frame Kai, Blue Frame 2nd, Gold Frame Amatu, and Strike Noir, but how about some more? I'd personally like to see Hyperion, Dreadnought H, Sword Calamity, and Stargazer (with full Voltier Lumier effect parts!).
RafE'

BlitzkriegOmega wrote: G04 and G05 aren't Master Grades, they may have the title, but they aren't...they have NO innerframe short of the backpack and upper legs. I know because I have G05...
Unfortunately but I think I'll disagree with you at that. According from the MG Ultimate Catalog 2008, the "Master Grade kits were far more than simple re-issues of the models...Created with both attention to detail..."[sic] meaning that the MGs were first conceived and created for the amount of detail, not for the frame itself (although the frame later became the main selling point of the MGs, starting with the Gelgoog's main frame, and later the G's 92-98%-complete frame). Not to mention that the MG Zeta V1 virtually doesn't have any internal frame at all (maybe save for the chest for the transformation) even though it "Features fine detail matching that of precision aircraft kits for added realism"[sic].

Back to topic.

What about the regular Crossbone X2, its (maybe) just a recolor of the original Crossbone, like what they did to the Rouge from the Strike; the GP00 (I want it) and GP04G; and what happened to the Blast Impulse (the sprue sharing the Force and Sword parts still have an unused sprue extension)?

And yes, WHAT HAPPENED to the MG F90 after showing that prototype kit/model?
PowerdGNFlag

iKhaotic wrote:We have MGs of Red Frame Kai, Blue Frame 2nd, Gold Frame Amatu, and Strike Noir, but how about some more?
False. You're probably thinking of the HG version.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Wedge14

Why no Dra-C love? It's like an amputee Zaku. I really love that lil fella.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
iKhaotic

PowerdGNFlag wrote:
iKhaotic wrote:We have MGs of Red Frame Kai, Blue Frame 2nd, Gold Frame Amatu, and Strike Noir, but how about some more?
False. You're probably thinking of the HG version.
Ahah you're right. Good call on that one, thanks. In that case, add Gold Frame Amatu onto the list of SEED/Destiny MSV that need a MG :) Oh how sexy it would be to pose Red Frame Kai, Blue Frame 2nd, and Gold Frame Amatu all together...<3
reeoyuy

BlitzkriegOmega wrote: G04 and G05 aren't Master Grades, they may have the title, but they aren't...they have NO innerframe short of the backpack and upper legs. I know because I have G05...
Officially, They still 'Master Grade' nevertheless. While it's obligatory now, innerframe was missing from early MG and not a standard.
iKhaotic wrote: They made a MG for the F91. I'm not sure how the frame is, but it exists lol. I'd actually like to get a hold of it myself. Here's some pics of the inner frame from Dalong's site:
MG F91 was the first MG with 'no polycap' design. All joints are made from (super) tight-fit ABS. It has full innerframe despite its small size so no reason F90 can't be made, especially since F90 design is more conventional than F91.
DeltasTaii

A few things about F90:

1) That "prototype" was a modded F91 and not really a F90 because...
2) F90 is actually half a meter shorter than F91. It's the smallest proper Gundam and some HGUC kits (or SRW kits, or hell, the odd Robot Damashii even) are in its approximate size range.
3) MG F91 is sort of cheating the scale already and while not Victory, already kind of iffy

So a properly scaled F90 with typical current day MG proportions would be tiny and from my standpoint not really worth the trouble. I have a MG F91 and a 1/100 F90, I speak from some experience here.
SNT1

So a properly scaled F90 with typical current day MG proportions would be tiny and from my standpoint not really worth the trouble. I have a MG F91 and a 1/100 F90, I speak from some experience here.
Half a meter? That's like... half a centimeter in MG scale! :o

Still, a F90 MG being 2 ticks below 15 cm doesn't make it "tiny". By all measures it would have the same feeling of size as the others in the same post-CCA UC category. And it's not like Bandai would have problems making an MG with a height a few ticks below 15 cm; we've heard this before: "Bandai can't make MG AU 16-m units BAM G-Gundam", "Bandai can't make MG post-CCA units BAM F91". If Bandai decides an MG F90 is profitable then they'll make it. 8)

As an aside, my MG F91 stands at 15.3 cm and my Crossbone MG stands at 15.9cm dead on. Pretty impressive (99%) accuracy there.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/