Ep. 071 - The False and the Forgotten

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Robo Jason Mk1

Re: Ep. 071 - The False and the Forgotten

I want to say something with big bold text, so if there are no objections-

DO ORGUSS!

Were are you going, when are you coming home?

And Soul Bro, what about the STF /Ustio Mercenaries From Ace Combat? There a good PMC from 1996/2006!

and I'm suing Neo for ruining my code geass experience by spoling it while it was running in the states(I'm a good legal anime fan)

j/k...maybe?
mobiusdiablo

Don't think the guys have played Ace Combat, but you do have somewhat of a point. Then again, they weren't a PMC, Cipher and Pixy were just two mercenaries hired by the Ustio Air Force. Now if we're talking full fledged groups, there's the Scarface Squadron from AC2...
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Furious Rodimus

Thinking of another couple animes from Candyland:
Machine Robo: revenge of Chronos. The first 3 released by Central Park Media. 15 episodes completed out of 40. So disheartening.
Also Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo just to be able to see them even and see what territory they covered.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
Crestborne

Chris was pulled into the Tron world this episode. It sounded like he was flying through Asteroids or Space Invaders. Good show guys, and at 34 mins Soulbro Spoke French? Holy Hell.

And if there is a Soul Bro Defense Force (SBDF) formed, what the hell, sign me up. You have my beam axe.
MAHQ's Official Resident Brony
Co-Host - Ex Vs The Gundamnation w/ Soulbro
Wheel Of Doom Stream - Monday 7pm EST
twitch.tv/powerborne
Crestborne

...Beam Wienerschnitzel...
twitch.tv/powerborne
Crestborne

And my last late night post here on Mecha Talk, if I was in Candy Land I would want the original Dirty Pair dubbed, and Remastered BluRay. Yup. Yup. I hope that story on it being brought over State side comes true.

50 Awesome Points to SoulBro for bringing up Robot Carnival. And 25 Awesome Points to Neo for also <3-ing some Lovely Angels. And with that, Good night you crazy kids.
twitch.tv/powerborne
Chris
Administrator

If you have comments to add soon after making your initial post, please edit it instead of TRIPLE posting.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Crestborne

My Bad, Chris. Sorry.
twitch.tv/powerborne
Robo Jason Mk1

mobiusdiablo wrote:Don't think the guys have played Ace Combat, but you do have somewhat of a point. Then again, they weren't a PMC, Cipher and Pixy were just two mercenaries hired by the Ustio Air Force. Now if we're talking full fledged groups, there's the Scarface Squadron from AC2...
I did allude to the STF Scarface in my post. And there were more mercs in ustio than Cypher and Pixy, Like Crow Team(P.J.) and such.
mobiusdiablo

Robo Jason Mk1 wrote:
mobiusdiablo wrote:Don't think the guys have played Ace Combat, but you do have somewhat of a point. Then again, they weren't a PMC, Cipher and Pixy were just two mercenaries hired by the Ustio Air Force. Now if we're talking full fledged groups, there's the Scarface Squadron from AC2...
I did allude to the STF Scarface in my post. And there were more mercs in ustio than Cypher and Pixy, Like Crow Team(P.J.) and such.
Whoops my bad on Scarface. But they also referred to Cipher and Pixy as Galm Team. Eh, I don't have any supplementary material on 5/Zero right now, so who knows?
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
skyknight

Wow, has it been over a year since I uploaded the False Songstress! I did put this in the back-burner as I was getting ready for my family trip to Japan (which was originally on 3/18/11), but than the great disaster happened - didn't have the mood to watch anime for a while, thou I did watch Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 entirely one week before the revised trip (05/05/11).

And I did finish both False Songstress and Wings of Goodbye just this past week, and I will leave the thoughts on the separate thread.

On anime that should get "rework", there are plenty, and after the Great Earthquake and Tsunami, I think Japanese should rethink about their stance around the world. Neo Genesis Evangelion and Code Geass comes across me as works that needs to be challenge for the 21st century - Japan is no longer the economical threat that the US (or the West) saw during the 80's and early 90's, and their social and economical development has stagnated for a good period. I would dare to say the great disaster has exposed the social and economical problems within Japan, and the Japanese will need face the challenges with a new mindset, and need to forget the glory days of the past (face it, China and South Korea are beating Japan in several high-tech areas).

I have no problems with Johnny Yong Bosch, from Power Rangers to his anime dubs, he does get the work done. And he is just like JP VA's, in which they do multiple works within a production year. But I do think American audience sometime don't give enough credit for voice acting, I do hate it when an animated film tries to sell me the famous actors that are lending their voices, and the voice works aren't that impressive. But I think voice acting is taken seriously for videogames, maybe that is a good start.

OK, three different ways I saw Sherryl get introduce, and I do say I like her more and more; and Ranka feels a bit more natural with a existing relationship with Alto. Yes, Chris I did feel cheated with Micheal's "death"!

BUT, look at the concert scenes!!! This is why you watch anime! I did watch Micheal Jackson's This is It, but it does pale to what was animate in the film. And yes, I do think someone did ask Lady Gaga for some artistic inspiration.
How much better is being a Creepy Bishonen compared to an AEUG slapping boy?

If Ginrai, the Japanese truck driver living in America, can be the leader of Cybertron Forces, then what can a pizza delivery boy be?

My Items on Sale

PSN: skyknight0100