Ep. 070 - The Dialogues Have Come

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 070 - The Dialogues Have Come

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 070 - "The Dialogues Have Come"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 154 min., 55 sec. (2:34:55) - 70.9 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. PETCO (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:00:43

02. Intro: "Neo's News & the Gundamn Mailbag!"
Runtime: 0:00:43 - 0:37:09

03. Champs Sports (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:37:09 - 0:38:07

04. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:38:07 - 0:39:37

05. 1st Segment: "Gundam Round-up! - 'Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer" (Movie)
Runtime: 0:39:37 - 1:37:06

06. GoDaddy (Commercial)
Runtime: 1:37:06 - 1:38:02

07. Jabman: Defender of Destiny!!! (Commercial?)
Runtime: 1:38:02 - 1:39:15

08. 2nd Segment: "Roundtable Discussion - 'Magnificent Masterminds!'"
Runtime: 1:39:15 - 2:25:09

09. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:25:09 - 2:26:00

10. Animēshon Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:26:00 - 2:27:09

11. Outro: "Closing/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 2:27:09 - 2:34:55

Hell, yes! The invasion of the T-1000's has arrived, as we finally rap about the final chapter of the Gundam 00 universe - the animated feature film "Awakening of the Trailblazer"! Then we serve up a spirited discussion about the Grand Puppet Masters and Magnificent Masterminds that have appeared in mecha anime over the years - a topic submitted by Mechatalk.net regular and mecha model kit reviewer, Jabman025!

Many thanks go out to our resident "Defender of Destiny", Jabman025, for his topic suggestion and to submit your own, simply post it in the ongoing thread in the Gundamn! @ MAHQ Forums at Mechatalk.net!

More thanks go out to Eggman (A.K.A - Crestborne at the Mechatalk.net forums) and Seraphic who both created outstanding videos featuring Gundamn! @ MAHQ! Check out their videos which are both featured on Gundamn.net here:

Gundamnation Spotlight! - Tribute & Spoof Videos by Seraphic & Eggman!

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Also, the Chaos Theater is live with no jive, gang! Join Pedro "Pedobear South" Cortes (of Tomopop.com & Tomocast) and MAHQ & Gundamn's own Chris Guanche in their new podcast - one that focuses on many other facets of Otakudom! Video Games, Comics/Manga, Merchandise, Books, Movies, TV & every other genre of Anime (sans Mecha) will be conversed about over a couple of cold ones by Chris & Pedro and they invite you to join 'em! (NSFW for younger ears!)

Peep the links below for more info:

- Chaos Theater (Main Website)

- Chaos Theater, Ep. 001 - "Earthbound" - MP3 (Right-click & Save!)

- Chaos Theater MechaTalk.net Official Forum:
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewforum.php?f=32

- Chaos Theater, Ep. 001 - "Earthbound" - Feedback Thread
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=13628

- Feedback Email: [email protected]

- Twitter: @CTCast

Many thanks for listening & enjoy!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Music & Drops Featured in this Episode

- Cold Open Drop
* "The Swanson Pyramid of Greatness" from "Parks and Recreation" (TV Series)

- Intro Segment, Opening Song
"Mou Nani mo Kowakunai, Kowaku wa Nai" by Chiaki Ishikawa
* Insert Song from the "Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer" Animated Motion Picture Original Soundtrack

- Intro Segment, Closing BGM
"Envoy form Jupiter" by Kawai Kenji
* from the "Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer" Animated Motion Picture Original Score

- Champs Sports Commercial BGM
"Castlevania 4 Curse Curse Revolution OC ReMix" by NoppZ
* Available at "Overclocked Remix"

- 1st Segment, Opening BGM
"Tozasareta Sekai" by THE BACK HORN
* OP from the "Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer" Animated Motion Picture Original Soundtrack

- 1st Segment, Closing BGM
"Qualia" by UVERworld
* ED from the "Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer" Animated Motion Picture Original Soundtrack

- GoDaddy Commercial BGM
"I Wanna' Take You For a Ride" (Remix 3) by Hideyuki Fukasawa
* from the "Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds" Original Video Game Soundtrack

- 2nd Segment, Opening BGM - 1st Selection
"The Wings of a Boy That Killed Adolescence" by Kô Ôtani
* from the "New Mobile Report Gundam Wing" Original Anime Score

- 2nd Segment, Opening BGM - 2nd Selection
"When Dragon Swims, Everything Ends" by Kô Ôtani
* from the "New Mobile Report Gundam Wing" Original Anime Score

- 2nd Segment, Closing BGM - 1st Selection
"Itami wo Shireba" by Shigeaki Saegusa
* from the "Mobile Suit Z Gundam ~A New Translation Review~" Original Score

- 2nd Segment, Closing BGM - 2nd Selection
"Taikisou ni Notte" by Shigeaki Saegusa
* from the "Mobile Suit Z Gundam ~A New Translation Review~" Original Score

- Outro BGM
"Devils Never Cry" by Coal Chamber
* from the "Devil May Cry 3" Original Soundtrack

- Outro Drop
* "Ibuki's Bad Morning" from "Chikyū Bōei KiGyō Dai-Guard" (Anime Series)

- Shinjuku Station & MAHQ Signoff
"Every Breath You Take/Theme From Peter Gunn (Mr. Ruggerio's Remix)" by The Police & Henry Mancini
* from "The Sopranos" Television Soundtrack

- Stinger Drop
* "The Swanson Pyramid of Greatness" (cont.) from "Parks and Recreation" (TV Series)

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - MySpace - FaceBook Profile - FaceBook Group - Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube!

Podcasts & Links We're Fond Of:
Unpopular Kulture - Solar Radio Wave - Pretentious Internet Theatre - Row Row Fight Da Powah! - The Reverse Thieves: A Blog Duet with Hisui & Narutaki - SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast - Anime Addicts Anonymous - Jabman025's YouTube Channel - Mobile Suit Gundam Abridged by Gutted Wren Studios - 12 Volt Revolt

Sponsors & Special Offers:
GoDaddy - PETCO - Champs Sports

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Mu La Flaga

Re: Ep. 070 - The Dialogues Have Come

For the OO movie first off I want to say I agree on ANN, their reviews aren't all that crash hot especially with the way their system works, a simillar thing happened with Overman King Gainer.

Also forgot to add Rau Le Creuset, he has alot of manipulaions which went somewhere in SEED at least.
Wether it be his unsanctioned raid on Heliopolis to pitting Patrick Zala against Azreal and all.
Leaking info ect.
Not to mention toying with the emmotions of some his plots at times or sending them in to hopeless fights.

Don't have much more I can add for now.
Hyakushiki

Thinking of VOTOMS there was Wiseman, an AI the that manipulated an entire galactic civilization for thousands of years in order to create a living god to rule mankind.
Eichi Hoba from the first Patlabor movie who set his master plan in motion long after he was dead.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
gundamtype0

Good job guys. I found it very amusing that when T-1000 Ribbons showed up and Setsuna couldn't gun him down, he grabbed some plastic explosives that just happened to be in lying in his pocket and chucked at ELS Ribbons.

The other master manipulators I can think off were the Frost Brothers. They made their way to the top of the New Federation by masterfully manipulating their "comrades" and getting them killed or killing them themselves.
Mr Bushido

Oh man I've been waiting for the round up for the 00 movie, nice! As already said in the 00 thread, I've mentioned how Toole's review on the movie seemed amateurish seeing the list of complaints he made with most notably "too many characters" and "TRANS-AM". And I'm not even sure why it even took him hours to find out who the characters were... didn't this seem like a lame excuse? And I read somewhere how he was suppose to be this great anime reviewer but this proves otherwise. :? Oh yeah another complaint a lot of people made was "too much beam spamming and this turned into Destiny".

On the master manipulators, my brother definitely agrees with Treize being one. Such a magnificent bastard :lol:
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
jabman025

Great show guys

So Neo your already trying to get rid of me huh? Team Neo will fall.....just accept it....

Anyway on to the topics at hand

I really enjoyed the 00 movie, I paticularly enjoyed how the movie really gave you that sense of dread. When the ESF forces are just getting decimated and the gundams themselves can't seem to do anything against the ELS. Just for a moment I thought they were screwed. For a gundam movie to actually get you to believe that the good guys are gonna lose, even for a little bit, is a job well done. The only thing I would have liked to see more of was a little bit longer of an epilogue. Setsuna was never my favorite character in the series and I would have liked seen how things turned out for others. But like you said there were time constraints.

Thanks for chosing my topic, I submited it a long time ago and almost forgot about it. I agree that the end all be all for the puppet masters was Scirocco. He pretty much had everyone dancing to his tune at one point or another. Thank you guys for metioning Durandal I think he was one of the better puppet masters because while he was manipulating people he at least had the good sense to keep it to himself.....at least till the end. One guy I think you for got was Char Aznable himself. In Char's Counterattack he became the master manipulator, getting Neo Zeon, the federation, and even Amuro to dance to his tune.

looking forward to the next episode, and to Chaos Theater

P.S. so when do I get to be on the show? :wink:
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
raijinz

Thanks again guys! I always perk up when I see the next episode is up for downloading!

You guys were spot on about the ANN reviewer. If you don't know about the series, you really shouldn't try to review the movie in isolation, its a waste of your time and for anyone who reads it and wants an informed opinion. I loved the movie, and hope we get to see more stuff from the 00 universe in the future!

As for magnificent bastards...sorry puppet masters, I agreed with those too but my thoughts on guys like Char, Haman and Sirocco's persuasive abilities are still in doubt around a question I asked in the Mailbag. I hope it gets answered soon so I can get your thoughts on it! *fingers crossed*
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
snoops619

Hey guys,
Great show as always! Thanks for continuing to produce it!
First off, I want to thank you for talking about Saji in the movie. I had a niggle in the back of my mind that you'd make your jokes and move on swiftly but you recognised that he did actually "man up" and do something for once. It might not have been the King Arthur role that you guys joke about but at least he did do his part.
I'm also glad you addressed the ANN review because I found it while I was looking through the site and was a little disheartened by it. While it didn't stop me from watching the movie, I could imagine that it may have deterred others. That said, I could see that, as this movie was a theatrical release, the reviewer may have been expecting a bit more preposition throughout. I had a friend download the movie for me and, having not seen the show, he admitted to being lost in all the characters too.

On a final note, if there is one thing that the English accent is good for, it is the words "Bollocks" and "Bugger". Maybe you guys can use this to enhance your enjoyment of saying them =P
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
Strike Zero

Just want to make a quick mention on a comment Soul Bro made. He said something along the lines of wanting a Super Robot Wars game that featured both Treize and Lelouch so that they could sit down and place a game of chess together.

Well...
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Mu La Flaga

Strike Zero wrote:Just want to make a quick mention on a comment Soul Bro made. He said something along the lines of wanting a Super Robot Wars game that featured both Treize and Lelouch so that they could sit down and place a game of chess together.

Well...
I would also like to say for episode 69 Neo got some of the new and old series in the line up mixed up.
And as I said in episode 69 Neo should make a Gundamn apology for that.

I mean it's one of the best line ups since SRW Z or Alpha 3.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Oh, well thanks A LOT, "Doctor" Phil! I moved out years before you were ever on this podcast! And what kind of man lives in a basement? :evil: :evil:

That question was from ages ago, but thanks for your insight, gentlemen. I laughed very hard, but it was good advice. Things have been much better, but we haven't watched any mecha anime yet. I'm thinking of starting off with Idolo. She has me watching the old school Twilight Zone.

Soul Bro, when I describe people of strong character, I like to use the word "gonads" because it is an umbrella term that includes both testicles and ovaries. It can be abbreviated as nads or g'nads where the G is silent.

If there's anything I need to un-see, it's that guro image that popped up at a random image site. God. And then there's the X animated movie, which was pretty much several hours of boredom/confusion/and everybody dying. It wasn't even funny bad. Just bad bad.

Is this image from the same subber as mass naked child events? I think it's the morbid expression the Major is wearing that really gets me.

I was really happy to hear some tracks from the GW and DMC3 osts, Soul Bro.

00 was overall a frustrating exercise to me, so hopefully the movie will turn things around. Do you guys think it will air on SyFy? (Still a cheap bastard, lol.) I was never especially sure why everyone loves Treize so much, but I think you guys managed to convince me.

You'll kill me, Chris? That's if Wesker doesn't get you first with his tentacles. =3

I'm really glad you guys liked the video. For being 1:40 long, it was really hard to make, taking more than 12 hours to find all the clips and cut them together. The hardest part was the 2 seconds of The Count because I forgot I had loaned my boxset to a friend. The eng dub video I got was screwed up, so I had to re-sync the english audio over the Japanese visuals. It was terrible, but was definitely worth it because it's my favorite 2 seconds of the video.

Anyway, thanks for the ep. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to moar. =o

p.s. Big Cheese, I think this will work as a mighty fine avatar for you. =o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
MrVince

Seraphic wrote:Oh, well thanks A LOT, "Doctor" Phil! I moved out years before you were ever on this podcast! And what kind of man lives in a basement? :evil: :evil:

That question was from ages ago, but thanks for your insight, gentlemen. I laughed very hard, but it was good advice. Things have been much better, but we haven't watched any mecha anime yet. I'm thinking of starting off with Idolo. She has me watching the old school Twilight Zone.
I laughed hard when hearing the Dr. Phil impersonation partly because there was an episode involving a Star Wars fanatic who spent a lot of time with his hobby. The interesting thing was that Dr. Phil wasn't as harsh on him as many would expect. It's in line what what the cast says.

Check it out lol:

Episode summary: http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slides ... versionID=

Video article on episode: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/offbea ... natic.wkef
Chris
Administrator

Seraphic wrote:Is this image from the same subber as mass naked child events? I think it's the morbid expression the Major is wearing that really gets me.
Hard to say, as it's been a long time since those fansubs. This looks like it could just as easily be straight up HK.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

jabman025 wrote:Great show guys

So Neo your already trying to get rid of me huh? Team Neo will fall.....just accept it....

P.S. so when do I get to be on the show? :wink:
Getting rid of you? Didn't know there was anything to rid?. I kid.

P.S. I don't know if you ever be on the show, since we already talked about Destiny and we don't do flashbacks.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Mu La Flaga

I will be waiting on that Gundamn Apology Neo! :P
Even n episode 69, Chris hanged you out to dry after you just mishmashed through the whole list :P
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Mu La Flaga wrote:I will be waiting on that Gundamn Apology Neo! :P
Even n episode 69, Chris hanged you out to dry after you just mishmashed through the whole list :P

Apology for what?

You're suppose to be on my side.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

jabman025

hawk of endymion wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:I will be waiting on that Gundamn Apology Neo! :P

Apology for what?

You're suppose to be on my side.
See team Neo is already falling apart...........damn I'm good....
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
mobiusdiablo

Well let me be the first to say "Happy Belated Birthday" Soulbro.

I watched the 00 movie a couple weeks ago, and I liked it for the most part, nice animation, awesome soundtrack, and the feeling of DOOM as Earth throws everything they got at these ELS and they just...Keep...COMING. Even when the Gundams came in, they were barely holding their own.

I will admit that I was...confused by the ELS main ship/planet/body whatever turning into a flower. However, after hearing you guys discuss it and rewatching the movie, it makes sense. The only human that had communicated with them is Setsuna, so what else did they have to go by?

Loved the list of magnificent bastards (and lady bastards) and I personally have nothing to add to the list. Still torn between giving my loyalty to Treize or Lelouch though.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
hawk of endymion

jabman025 wrote: See team Neo is already falling apart...........damn I'm good....
Umm, don't think so. Your powers are as limited as Destiny's story.

Team Neo is above those of your ilk. We are able to have dialogues with each other with no malice.

Mu, I offer words of forgiveness for those things that offended you. Let's us focus our energy on those who are jealous of us.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

jabman025

hawk of endymion wrote:
jabman025 wrote: See team Neo is already falling apart...........damn I'm good....
Umm, don't think so. Your powers are as limited as Destiny's story.

Team Neo is above those of your ilk. We are able to have dialogues with each other with no malice.

Mu, I offer words of forgiveness for those things that offended you. Let's us focus our energy on those who are jealous of us.
you sound like politician.....and just as beilevable to boot
Last edited by jabman025 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.