Question about PG strike gundam GATX-105

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
anthony001

Question about PG strike gundam GATX-105

Before I buy this kit. Does it have quirks, i heard that other PG like strike freedom having its wings broken.. does this also have any problem like that?
nettrekker

Re: Question about PG strike gundam GATX-105

I built the PG Strike Rouge a few years ago. It's a very solid kit and doesn't have any quirks as far as I can see. There aren't any weight issues like the 00 Raiser, even with the Aile Striker pack attached. There aren't any loose parts either and it holds many (if not any) poses well... especially if you have an action base. There are a lot of small parts and thus takes a very long time to assemble, but it's a fun build if you're willing to invest the time.

I haven't built many PG kits, but I love the PG Strike Rouge and its construction. Having built the PG 00 Raiser, I wished that kit would have the same details in its inner frame and the same solid build as the Strike Rouge. I love the PG Rouge so much that I recently bought the PG Strike too; it's just still in its box right now though (hi hi hi).
anthony001

what gundam marker do you guys recommend I buy to fully paint this kit?
blind_dead_mcjones

all you need is black for panel lining and silver for the knife blades, the one beauty of PG's being that they don't require any painting at all (if you feel like painting the tiny pilot figures that come with it you can either go for teal and black for kira yamato or purple black and light grey for mu la flaga)
Flag Fighter for life!
anthony001

really? cause i've been reading stuff on the internet and some suggest even painting on an already colored parts like the shield. can anyone upload the torrent link, It's found on the first page sticky

Gunpla Building and Resin Figure tutorial - *.torrent file (LEGIT, and very informative. ~LG)
Three powerpoint presentation with videos on basic to advanced techniques to build gunpla and resin figures from start to finish.
Dark Duel

Not necessarily specific to the PG Strike, but a general tip: If you're going to panel line, I would actually recommend using a dark gray rather than black over the white parts. I did that with a few select parts of one of my kits as an experiment(and also because I had no black at the time)
I no longer have the kit because it broke while moving and I had to toss it, but it looked IMO much better.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."