1/144 Gundam Wing Project!

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
duke4799

1/144 Gundam Wing Project!

I haven't made my final posting, which will be a grouping of the completed models; however, I wanted to share with you all some more relics from the past!

A couple months back I had posted about my 1/144 Wing Gundam and now here are the rest of the original Gundam Wing Units:

1/144 Gundam Deathscythe

1/144 Gundam Heavy Arms

1/144 Gundam Sandrock

1/144 Gundam Shenlong

I will update this opening post when I post the final part of the project, which unfortunately will have to wait until I get real internet back at my apartment. I'm teathering my smartphone right now... :?

EDIT! Finally got the final post done! Link!

Sorry for the delay, I just moved and was without actual internet for a bit.
Last edited by duke4799 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Re: 1/144 Gundam Wing Project!

I've been reading your blogs about your Wing Project and despite the problem you had with the cement (I've been there), I'm still impressed with the end results.

One thing I like about those 1/144 NG kits is how the knees are double-jointed. Hypothetical question: If the upper leg (connecting to the hip) was facing the wrong direction (e.g. 2 left legs), AND cemented, how would you fix it?
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
duke4799

Yay! I have a reader!

Thank you, I'm glad to know you are impressed.

As for your hypothetical question, I actually did cement the arms of my Nataku Custom (Decemeber Model-A-Month) with the wrong poly-caps in the shoulders! Luckily, I caught that before the cement had time to fully cure.

If something like that were to happen, I would use a small saw blade and re-cut the seam line. Disassemble the part afterward and carefully fit it back together correctly. There would be a gap between the pieces, however, or else the part would appear thinner than it should provided nothing impeded the parts going back together completely (like the knee joint p-cap). I would have to either place a bit of thin styrene sheet between the parts and trim it down or use epoxy putty to fill the gap.

I'm curious as to why you asked? Did you spot something I missed on one of my Gunpla? I have missed more obvious things :-P
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Another modeling question: What cutting tools do you use for light to moderate modification of parts?

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
duke4799

Aside from hobby knives and Exacto blades, the only other cutting tools I use are a dremel with various bits and the saw I used on the MG Gyan's hands. That saw blade is very handy (no pun intended).
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

G-Slayer

Which episode of Hobbylink did you see the tool? And what brand is your saw blade?

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
duke4799

I don't remember exactly which episode. Syd had used some Tamiya scribing saw blades to cut the fingers apart on the MG Full Armor Gundam, so it was one of the earlier episodes of that series they did.

As far as I know, the blade I used is Excel brand, it came out of a clear tube with a red stopper, like the tubes Excel uses now. Like I said in my post, the tool box it came out of is a decade old or older, so I don't know if they still make that blade. I can't see why they would stop though, it's very handy!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

duke4799

Edited opening post. I finally got the last picture set up for this project, enjoy.
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

SNT1

Ah, nostalgia!

You did pretty good at them despite being what they are...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
G-Slayer

Looking through your blogs, did you paint the insides of Wing Gundam black and how did that work out?

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
duke4799

G-Slayer wrote:Looking through your blogs, did you paint the insides of Wing Gundam black and how did that work out?
Yes I did. I painted it after assembly though, so I didn't have the problems I had with the others.
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

andrex

duke4799 wrote:Aside from hobby knives and Exacto blades, the only other cutting tools I use are a dremel with various bits and the saw I used on the MG Gyan's hands. That saw blade is very handy (no pun intended).

Nice.. we have common likes....
They say fingers were made before forks, and hands before hunting knife.