Top Gear UK’s the Stig Revealed

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Lans

Top Gear UK’s the Stig Revealed

BBC automotive talk show, Top Gear hosted by Jeremy Clarkson finally revealed its famous mysterious test driver. The driver who usually called The Stig showed great skills in driving various super cars in the entire show. The Stig’s ability even comparable to F1 drivers in the test track results, making his real identity one of the hottest topics in the internet for automotive fans. Last week show which was aired on 21 June 2009, (ep 104 / 13-01) the very first of its thirteen seasons, the show finally welcomed the STIG as its quest star who then took off his helmet to reveal his real identity.

Moments of truth: The Stig Pict 01, The Stig Pict 02, The Stig Pict 03, The Stig Pict 04, The Stig Pict 05, The Stig Pict 06.
Spoiler
Michael Schumacher himself looked really comfortable with the situation. He talked about his driving experience while Clarkson throwing his usual jokes about the Stig's supposed traits. However, in the end of the show Clarkson noted that “if he really is the Stig” which still fueled argument over the mysterious driver’s identity.
Please refrain from "Oh, you're late, I already knew, - ect" I actually gave time for people to watch the show themselves. Now, since it's already on almost everywhere (even on wiki), I decided it might be a good idea to post the news. Any thoughts or comments? Do you personally think that it is the real deal or just another Top Gear style marketing rouse to gather more attentions? :P
The Big Zabowski

Re: Top Gear UK’s the Stig Revealed

I still think it's a variety of drivers, mostly formula 1 drivers. I can't wait to see who's been driving for them as guest stigs, since I'm guessing this is how the process has been working behind the scenes.

And if one stig is better than the other, I gotta hate the better stig for purposely holding back.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
SNT1

That particular Stig (aka lolSchumacher) was only on there because its his FXX (the only black one) that they drove around the Top Gear test track. I don't think he even owns it, its' Ferrari's still, and no one else can drive those things. Basically, Top Gear trolling the world. I doubt Schumie was even a regular, although I believe there are many Stigs.

I wish they'd show it live here already in the states... and test
<---- Already.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Ryujin

Hmmm, The Stig's Wikipedia entry apparently has a lot to say regarding his various identities, and the BBC itself admitted what SNT1 said regarding Schumie & the FFX.

Among other things, Perry McCarthy was the Black Stig, the one who was 'killed' after being catapulted off an aircraft carrier in a Jaguar.

Heck, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the Stig showed up at the Nurburgring and it was Sabine Schmitz underneath the helmet, just to humiliate Clarkson again! :lol:
ZeroBusterXX

Wait a minute, I thought the Stig was really Rex Racer, Speed's long-lost older brother!?
kayone73

And of course now the real Stig's ID was revealed, racing driver Ben Collins, which was one of the worst kept secrets amongst TG fandom, most fans knew White Stig was Collins anyway, who appeared several times on the show as himself.
wilcosu35

and we've got a new stig, as revealed in the latest episode, the Three Wise Men chrismas special.