Latest Gundam/Mecha Merchandise thread (2008-2011)

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Dark Duel

Re: Latest Gundam/Mecha Merchandise thread (2008-2010)

Recently got ahold of, painted, and built 1/100 Seravee/phim Designer's Color version. completed just this afternoon:

SERAPHIM(separated): <1> <2>
SERAVEE: <1> <2><3>
SERAVEE(Docked): <1> <2> <3>
Excuse the crap resolution - cellphone cam.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Shea

Got the out of print Geneon New Getter Robo Box Set. $75 for thirteen episodes...
I don't know how to feel about that.
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
blind_dead_mcjones

finished my MG red frame Kai an hour ago, let me tell you, it has got to be one of the most satisfying builds i've ever done, the articulation and posability is amazing, has a lovely muscular appearance which sets it apart from both gundams and the zeon suits, and incorporates a couple of interesting new ideas (like the hard rubber locking pins for connecting the tupper and lower legs to the knee joint)

also the hand plugs and grip sockets in the weapons and katana sheaths snap together so nicely its like a dream, even with the fingers completely open the accessories won't fall out of the hands unless you pull them off yourself

in addition the purpose behind the V-form/mode on the tactical arms IIL is finally clear, weight distribution, it lowers the center of gravity of the entire model of all the modes for the Tactical arms it provides the most stability for the model when the tactical arms is attached, the only way to make it more stable would be to take the thing off entirely

only criticism is that the work mode is little more than a novelty, there is a reason why its not in the instructions section, its damn near impossible to get the hand to close around the grip for the claw and when you do finally manage it, the weight of it just pulls the arm down, and unlike the other modes there is no way to attach the stand to it, also a minor gripe is that the V fin is kinda loose and it doesn't take much to nudge it out of poistion, fortunately it only goes forwards and backwards

overall its one of the best and most well thought out MG's i've come across, a good solid build thats distinguishable from the usual gundam/gm/zaku MG's, definately worth what you pay for it

almost forgot, also comes with the knives from the blue frame 2nd revise due to it using parts from the sprue they're attached to, and as it automatically comes with the clear campaign sprue as well you end up having 4 lowe miniatures, 2 standing and 2 sitting, with one of each being clear

and keep the panel lining with gundam marker to a minimum, if you outline every damn thing it will look too busy

will post pictures later when i've completed the blue frame 2nd revise

EDIT: just recieved the robot damashii arbalest in the mail today, it is every bit as awesome as Laevatein said
Flag Fighter for life!
Heecarl_Reez

Ordered HG, and RD 00 Qan[T]- this one will be my first RD. And with this, it's officially begun, my hunt for every incarnation of 00 Qan[T] official merchandise. :mrgreen:
1-4-4

I expect nobody really cares about what model kits I've bought for myself, but I don't care, I'm excited, so here we go!

Basically I got a bunch of old MSV Zaku kits, plus the MG Groundtype GM.

First up, the MSV Zaku Cannon. There's a recent Master Grade version of the Zaku Cannon of course, but it never looked right to me. The old MSV kit doesn't look perfect either, of course, but it's a lot cheaper, comes with water-slide decals already (as every model kit should!), and I think it's more along the lines of how I want the thing to look. Better distribution of bulk than the MG v2.0-based kit. I had tried ordering this kit on HLJ, but it was out of stock by the time I'd ordered it, so instead of continuing to wait I placed this order at Hobbywave...

Next, the MSV Zaku Minelayer. One fun thing about this kit is that it includes extra parts so you can build it as a regular Zaku. But it's not the same tooling as the original 1:144 Zaku. It's kind of like a slightly more angular version of the original 1:100 Zaku, but with bulkier lower legs. It's the best-looking of the old Zaku kits, and even now it's one of the best-looking Zakus in the scale. (The First Grade and 1996 High Grade Zakus are the best-looking 1:144 Zakus, but a late 1990s Zaku is a totally different beast than an early 1980s Zaku...) I'd say it's the first Zaku kit that looks really good OOB. I haven't decided what to do with the Minelayer backpacks yet. I could slap 'em on a First Grade Zaku, or build one of the old Minelayer kits as a Minelayer, or just not use 'em at all... I'll have to think about it. I love the way the spike armor looks on this kit - enough so that I may recast it to use on other kits. All the MSV Zakus have a few quirks to them - for instance, the highly asymmetrical foot which I may alter a bit - but I think for the most part I want to build the kit as-is.

I also got the MSV Zaku Recon type. I thought about getting the Zaku Flipper instead, but I prefer the more Zaku-styled head of the Recon type, even if it means I miss out on a funky antenna array... The kit itself is very similar to the Minelayer - to the point that I wonder why they didn't take the time to organize the two kits to use one shared sprue for the arms and upper body... The legs are different, however, a little bit angular and more cleanly defined.

Finally, the GM Ground Type... I had a few Gundam Ground Types already, plus various MG GM's - I like how the ground types are more rugged-looking than most GM variants, and I like the somewhat plainer look of the GM[g] compared to the Gundam[g]. In a way it's got the most credibility of any Earth Federation MS. So I think it'll be a fun build and maybe I'll make a diorama of it or something...
reeoyuy

1-4-4 wrote:I expect nobody really cares about what model kits I've bought for myself, but I don't care, I'm excited, so here we go!
This thread is specifically made for us to brag whatever things we bought y'know :mrgreen:

Anyway, just got my Yamato 1/60 YF-19 Prototype no.4 Double Nuts delivered. Transforming it to Battroid, no complaint so far. I like it, plus I got it cheaper than it's supposed to be. I loooove the color scheme, way much better than standard beige/tan of isamu's YF-19.
So, 2 Bandai and 2 Yamato Macross toys for me. Hopefully there will be more in the future :D
reeoyuy

More than a week so I'll just create new post anyway.

Just bought HG Harute and several marker and tools. I like all OO movie design except Raphael. Gonna wait for MG Qan[T] and upgraded Zabanya (with 4 more bits on shoulder) version so I grab Harute.
From another place I got Alteisen ver.progressive; my first ever Kotobukiya kit. Just in time when SRW OG is hot with currently airing The Inspector anime.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I've finished detailing my 1/144 Gundam Double X this week, and photos are now available on my Photobucket album. Soon I'll snap photos of it docked with my G-Falcon and reviews on both will be available on MAHQ in the foreseeable future.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
exxecutor000

Just got my HGs: Sinanju & Loto. Excellent kits. Some comments:

1. HGUC Sinanju: I have decided to build it first & touch up later (instead of my usual approach of partial touch up during assembly) - Really enjoy building this one: awesome! It is huge and tall for a HG and feels solid. Two criticism: no separate hip joints and no beam tonfa.
So, time for touch up & panel lining. For the decorative emblems, I will use gold gundam marker - foil stickers looks bad on raised surface (but very acceptable on recessed surface).

2. HGUC Loto: twin set. Smaller than average HG and the detail is quite impressive.
exxecutor000... zero zero zero
Jak Crow

Received the MG QAN[T] yesterday. Already put it together. Much better than the MG Exia, and way more sturdy. Only issues I have with it is the ankle armor tends to pop off and the same with the mount holding the GN shield to the back of the suit. Nice kit all around, and I didn't get the feeling that I had already put it together like I had with the MG Exia after putting the 1/100 together before that.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Update: Recently, I've been working on my LM 1/144 RB-79K Ball. While its assembly is the easiest out of every other kit I own, I'm also removing mold lines and fixing minor imperfections with putty. Eventually, I'll get around to painting. I'll also be taking pics of my 1/144 Double X docked with my G-Falcon to post in Photobucket tonight. On yet another note, I've just bought a LM 1/144 Taurus Custom at eBay which, once received by mail, will complete my LM Gundam collection. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Took longer than expected, but the Gunpla pics are up:

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm24 ... r/Pic5.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm24 ... r/Pic4.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm24 ... r/Pic3.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm24 ... r/Pic2.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm24 ... r/Pic1.jpg
Last edited by G-Slayer on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Jak Crow

Ordered PG Strike Freedom. Hopefully get it this week.
AthrunX23s

Still waiting impatiently for HG Nobel, anyone know the exact release date? And buying HG Strike Noir and Strike Rouge IWSP along with Nobel and maybe add in a HG Saviour. Hopefully I'll get enough money during Christmas. :mrgreen:
Jak Crow

Just finished both MG Wing TV ver and Deathsythe. Having put together these and the MG V (give my money back bandai), I really dislike the swappable fingers. They're just a weak point to the kits holding their weapons, unless you want to glue the set you prefer.

Oh, and my PG Strike Freedom arrived today.
blind_dead_mcjones

picked up an MG 00-Qan[t] after comming across it by chance at shin tokyo during mah christmas shopping, (wasn't expecting it to be here in OZ for at least another month so that was a rather pleasant surprise)
Flag Fighter for life!
G-Slayer

I've just received my LM Taurus today, but I can't say how it'll hold up 'till I'm done with my backlog. At least the paint scheme won't be a problem.

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
blind_dead_mcjones

recieved the MG exia Trans Am, the Robot Damashii Falke, and the Super Robot Chogikin Alteisen as christmas presents yesterday

must say the alteisen is quite posable if heavy due to all the diecast parts
Flag Fighter for life!
Shea

Ordered the Fix Figuration Gundam Mk.III, and the models of Raphael, Zabanya, and Harute.
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
Dark Duel

Preordered a while back the HGFC Schoolgirl(Nobel) Gundam and the Composite Ver Ka Exbein from SRW:OGIN. Due to arrive in January and April, respectively.

For Christmas, I got MG DeathScythe, HGUC Delta Plus, a couple of HG00 kits(Harute and Zabanya), and two RD KMFs(Vincent and Lancelot Club).

Also, I recently acquired and immediately began playing both the SRW:OG games. I'm playing both routes simultaneously in OG1, but I've been neglecting OG2 so I'm gonna try and make some progress on that, what with the anime adaptation being running nowadays and all.
Haven't gotten far enough yet, but I can't wait to see Ryusei's amusing(or so I've heard) reaction to seeing the Angelg, since the anime cut that bit out from what I can tell.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Heecarl_Reez

MG Zeta Ver 2.0 -actually I bought it on November- and accidentally broke one of the elbow joint T_T. Also ordered MG 00 Qan[T] which should be arrived in next few days, AB1 Sparkle Clear Green(for MG 00Q), Tamiya Extra thin cement (should fix the broken joint), and Hobby Japan February 2011 issue-included with it is GN Sword IV kits for my HG 00Q. :mrgreen: