Ep. 068 - Christmas Bebop!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
raijinz

Re: Ep. 068 - Christmas Bebop!

Another great ep guys!

I must admit I lol'd at yet another Suicihi Ikaeda faux pas by Soul Bro! The way things are going, Neo will end up writing a letter to Sunrise demanding the next Gundam series be voiced entirely by Ikaeda-sama alone!

Maybe they could do a spin-off where all of the masked rivals from gundam meet up for a "Get Gundam" focus session or something...
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

raijinz wrote:Another great ep guys!

I must admit I lol'd at yet another Suicihi Ikaeda faux pas by Soul Bro! The way things are going, Neo will end up writing a letter to Sunrise demanding the next Gundam series be voiced entirely by Ikaeda-sama alone!
Not the whole show, just the best characters (Soul Bro's men excluded). I'd to have him do a bumper for Gundamn that would great.

Still bothers me though, we can put a man on the moon, but we can't keep Ikaeda's voice while the rest of the cast is dubbed. Come on, blue-ray people get on this.
P.S. Why isn't Bad Boys 2 on blue-ray yet?
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
jabman025

hawk of endymion wrote:P.S. Why isn't Bad Boys 2 on blue-ray yet?
they are going to wait and bring it out as "Bad Boys 2.14563 You can (not) explode Super Samoan Editon"
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
mobiusdiablo

hawk of endymion wrote:
Still bothers me though, we can put a man on the moon, but we can't keep Ikaeda's voice while the rest of the cast is dubbed. Come on, blue-ray people get on this.
P.S. Why isn't Bad Boys 2 on blue-ray yet?
Well, it technically is possible with our current technology with voice synthesizers and the like, but it would also likely be horribly expensive to have anything of good quality. Not only that, but Ikeda would also have to nail each and every sound we use in English, and probably at different volumes and pitches, which I can see taking a while.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

jabman025 wrote:
they are going to wait and bring it out as "Bad Boys 2.14563 You can (not) explode Super Samoan Editon"
Do not make fun of the greatest action/adventure movie of all time.

Isn't Cagalli crying somewhere, go defend.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

thehod

Bandai is a strong follower of the George Lucas philosophy. Merchandising!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvmZ9SPcTzU
kayone73

phillosmaster wrote:While Cowboy Bebop might be a bit overexposed now in the states considering the Cartoon Network aired it to death, it's still on my list of top ten favorite anime series. For some reason I never get tired of watching it. Ballad Of The Fallen Angels is definitely my favorite episode. The pace of that episode and the shoot out at the end was so well done that it just blew me away the first time I watched it.
Agreed no amount of mainstream US popularity will take away from the fact that Bebop is a fantastic show. I've bought box sets for friends as gifts but weirdly never got a copy for myself. Hearing this podcast has charged me up again to watch the series.

I'd really like to see this come out on bluray.
Koshernova

Oh, I meant to say: Neo, I'm totally with you in the 'eff Microsoft' camp. And I pay it in Euro! It's bullcrap, all I want to do is play Street Fighter online goddammit.

I was listening to the episode again today and I was cracking up at the line: 'I'm voting General Hate 2012, Hate we can Believe in'. Perfect timing and delivery there, Neo :)

*sheepishly pays her 60€*

*plays some street fighter, sighing*
"There's always hope tomorrow will be taco night."
hawk of endymion

Kosh wrote:Oh, I meant to say: Neo, I'm totally with you in the 'eff Microsoft' camp. And I pay it in Euro! It's bullcrap, all I want to do is play Street Fighter online goddammit.

I was listening to the episode again today and I was cracking up at the line: 'I'm voting General Hate 2012, Hate we can Believe in'. Perfect timing and delivery there, Neo :)

*sheepishly pays her 60€*

*plays some street fighter, sighing*

Well, I have an update for you and everyone with Xbox Live. I took a poster's suggestion and called Microsoft directly since my subscription is up in December. Due to my length of service, they charged me $39.99USD. Can't say if they'd do that in Europe, but I guess it can't hurt to ask. Also, check Amazon, they have the cards for around $45USD.
The only other thing you could do is get a PS3, but getting the same game for two systems is alittle silly. But there are great games on it, if you play things other than Street Fighter.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Koshernova

Ach, I think I just updated my one not long ago and didn't think of looking for alternatives. Thanks for the tip about amazon!

I'd like to get a PS3, mainly for MGS4. Sadly my budget is very tight at the moment due to prolongued illness/unemployment, so it doesn't seem likely I'll invest in any new consoles anytime soon.

Oh, another thing re: the episode: when you're speculating on a Shuichi Ikeda alarm clock. 'Blame your waking on the misfortune of your birth' or 'You shall see the tears of Employment'. Hell, I'd be happy with Michael Kopsa or Tom Edwards, if nothing else!
"There's always hope tomorrow will be taco night."
mobiusdiablo

Kosh wrote: Oh, another thing re: the episode: when you're speculating on a Shuichi Ikeda alarm clock. 'Blame your waking on the misfortune of your birth' or 'You shall see the tears of Employment'. Hell, I'd be happy with Michael Kopsa or Tom Edwards, if nothing else!
Yeah, that would be awesome too, but it would be even cooler if it alternated between voices so one day it's Kopsa, then Ikeda, then Edwards. Okay, now I want to get something like "blame this call on the misfortune of your birth" for my cellphone ringtone...
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
thanatos

Another great episode guys. Cowboy Bebop is a pretty low hanging fruit for a review, but that segment sent me on quite the nostalgia trip. I'm going to have to dig up my Bebop dvds in the near future.
I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new gunpla podcast. My interest in that has waned over the past few years and I'd love to reengage with it.
Aspiring CGO "Chief Gundam Officer"