Green Lantern Trailer

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
TheGoose

Green Lantern Trailer

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/greenlantern/

The trailer for the next DC Comics superhero movie is up.

Wow...I watched the trailer three times because of how cool it was. After seeing this over the original trailer preview on Entertainment Tonight, I'm A-OK with the effects. They looked amazing. The costume looks great in motion. Tomar-Re and Sinestro looked very realistic. Though, I do wonder how non-comic readers will take Hector Hammond. I think Hammond looks nice, but it may be a bit goofy looking toward people.

Only thing I'm not really seeing is Hal's trademark cocky devil-may-care attitude. I can understand he'd feel overwhelmed with everything that's going on, but he seems to act more like kid than a maverick. I'm hoping they didn't change Hal's personality.

Still, I'm officially exited about this film.
Dark Duel

Re: Green Lantern Trailer

Okay, I am officially, SERIOUSLY PUMPED about seeing this. I mean, just from the little I've seen of both, I'm almost as pumped about this as I am for Cap to hit the silver screen.
The visual effects look great.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Arbiter GUNDAM

The only thing I object to is that horrible suit that Hal Jordan is wearing. Other than that, the movie looks awesome.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
liubei013

Looks really neat. It's interesting how it's moving away from the current trend of 'realism' that marks recent superhero movies.
halo1000

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:The only thing I object to is that horrible suit that Hal Jordan is wearing. Other than that, the movie looks awesome.
I also had a bit of a problem with the CG suit, but then thinking about the fact that the suit is generated by the ring I'm not sure what other direction they could go in.
TheGoose

I don't have a problem with the suit at all. I like how it seems more organic than the costume in the comics. Though, the domino mask looks a bit strangely shaped.
Dark Duel

I didn't have much of a problem with the suit in and of itself. Mainly because I was too busy LOLing at Reynolds's kid-in-a-candy-store "I know, right?!!"
Also, what worried me the most was the Ring itself looking too much like something that came out of a cereal box - big solid-green glowy ring?
But they solved that by redesigning the Ring, and I for one like the new design.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
kayone73

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:The only thing I object to is that horrible suit that Hal Jordan is wearing. Other than that, the movie looks awesome.
Only thing that bothers me is it reminds me of Dr Manhattan's bday suit a little too much. I'm reflexively keep my eyes from wandering down to his crotch level afraid of seeing a emerald glowing waggler.
TetraVaal

looks like your typical, superfluously-glossy, big budget VFX extravaganza. I'll pass.

I'm so sick of Hollywood churning out these unimaginative movies with inflated budgets.
Gatx

This really is a typical origin story type deal. Guy gets powers, wonders what to do, decides to become hero.

I thought given the whole purpose of the Green Lanterns, instead of dealing with some problems on Earth, it'd go straight into him being a space cop, like the First Flight animated movie. I was kind of hoping for something akin to a space opera rather than just another superhero movie.

Also that suit is gross.
Dark Duel

Honestly, mainly what I'm looking forward to seeing in this one is Mark Strong as Sinestro - that actor is awesome, and he's brilliant in these kinds of morally-ambiguous-to-downright-villainous roles. (Just look at him in Body of Lies, Robin Hood or Sherlock Holmes)

Raiden

Damn this is awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JydAY58Cvoo

Much more better than the first trailer imo.
Mu La Flaga

That trailer looks interesting, it actually has me interested in a DC movie for once.
Just to say.
Dark Duel

Raiden wrote:Damn this is awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JydAY58Cvoo
I concur. THAT IS AWESOME.
I especially love when Hal whips out the glowing green Gatling Gun.

TetraVaal

Waaaayyy too much green-screen. I guess constructing sets is obsolete in blockbuster movies now, too. And what's with the CG-suit? That mask looks ridiculous... and the creatures/aliens, whatever they are, look extremely fake and poorly rendered (what VFX companty did the lazy compositing for this movie?) District 9, with a $30 million budget, managed to render far better looking VFX than anything in that 5 minute reel. I'm going to assume that it's another Hollywood produced film that exceeds $100 mill in budget, yet looks like that money was spent elsewhere... let me do some quick research: yep, a $150 million budget that leaves one wondering where all of this money goes. I can't wait for the day when comic book adaptions finally become obsolete, it amazes me how Hollywood has become this bankrupt of ideas.