Favorite Damashii Figures

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Nick Izumi

Favorite Damashii Figures

So the Robot Damashii line is very underway. I've been enjoying the figures thus far, though I can't afford much more than one every few months. (I love being a broke student)

Are there any you guys have enjoyed?

A few of my own:
The 00 Gundam:
I was just blown away by the articulation on this figure. The gimmicks are nice and the paint job is just fantastic. I still need to get an 0-Raiser for it, but it feels worth it.

The Masurao:
I'm a huge Graham fan. I love this figure on so many levels though. The articulation, the detail, the figure's sheer ability to stand up nicely despite its small feet and skinny legs. Even the display stand makes this already fantastic figure even better. Highly worth looking into.

GM Sniper II:
I've been waiting for a figure of this unit for years. I love GMs, this one especially. Its good to see it finally get a figure, and an AMAZING one no less. I have next to no complaints on this one but the best feature, for me is the moving sniper scope. On an MSiA this would have been a replaceable head, so it was a welcome feature.

So which Damashii's did you enjoy?
I AM A MAN!!! *PUNCH*
I review stuff with MS Paint. www.youtube.com/nickizumi
Dark Duel

Re: Favorite Damashii Figures

I own only one RD figure, which is Garazzo, and I like it a lot (I plan on acquiring a couple of Code Geass RD figures in the next few weeks. We'll see after that)
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
quasadra

Arbelast, and by extension the three M9 as well(its pretty much the same body). articulation is the most human like for a robot i have ever seen, how many figure can do a high kick pose? to be fair Arbelast lost out a little to M9 due to the armor design, but its just by a little. i am waiting patiently for Leavantien.

V2 deserve special mention for not falling apart despite the bulk and is actually more solid than it looks. plus they give everything you will ever want for V2, sans transformation of course.

wait, does this count as a favorite thread?
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Siroh32

I just have one RD figure, so basically my first and only is my favorite, by default. Yeah, technically, I have two, but the other is a limited edition of the same figure and I'd rather not open it up, so I don't count it. But regardless, I like my RD Turn A Gundam better than my EMSiA; good design as far as the engineering of the figure goes as well as the MS design itself.

It may not be the most posable figure in the world, but it has excellent articulation. It's as robust as an MSiA and you can more safely pose it than even an EMSiA; which, if you don't mind not having skirt armor for long, can potentially pull off natural kneeling poses much better than even the RG out there (if [Dalong's review] is of any indication, even though it can pull off a basic kneeling pose). My RD TAG comes very close to rivaling that, and has basic-but-great accessories. It personally wasn't too much of a shame for me that it lacked a Gundam Hammer (which came in a limited accessory set I've still yet to find), but since I have an EMSiA RX-78 (Real Type color), I just use the ones from that figure to have fun.

I also got the limited Moonlight Butterfly accessory for it (I didn't feel like hashing out the one that came with my limited TAG figure, so I got a separate one), complete with the MB itself (technically a paper graphic, but it's beautiful), and a stand that helps me pull off nice Gundam Hammer poses.

I'd like to get more from the Gundam line of RD figures (and maybe outside of the Gundam line, but that's a little iffy for me), but that won't come anytime soon, especially since I have some Gunpla to build before I ever get to new figures. I look forward to get and compare the RD RX-78 with my EMSiA RX-78, and a few others (GM Sniper II as mentioned above, obviously anything else TAG-related, etc.).
Kirjava444

I only have four - F91, Reborns/Cannon, Strike Freedom, and RX-78-2 (just arrived in the mail today).

Of the four, I'd say F91 is my favorite, followed by RX-78-2. I like the other two as well, though Strike Freedom feels a little fragile to me.
Max42

i have a bunch mainly obtained through deals and hunting them down
their all listed here
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/chaos

but i have to say my favorite 3 are the gurren flight model gawain and gundam 00 riser (which i know is technically 2 but i count them as one)

over all i like the rd series -except the exclusive japanese website stuff i want that stuff but i have to go through others to get it - i realy want the gn sword for the 00
blind_dead_mcjones

at the moment i have only the arbalest and the falke, posability wise the arbalest comes out on top, but my favourite if i had to pick one is the falke for its beefier design
Flag Fighter for life!
Dark Duel

Well, since Christmas I now own three RD figures, and I'd have to say my favorite is the Lancelot Club - LOVE that thing.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
quasadra

speaking of Club, do you have loose joint on it? mine cant support the full weight of the VARIS. not just the arms, the entire toy feel flimsy, when compared the my other RDs. Reborns hold its massive rifle with a triple jointed shoulder, i dont see why Club cant. :?
Koshernova

I only have the Turn-A, since I just wanted a good figure of my favourite Gundam (deal with it!).

In one word? It's BEAUTIFUL. The sharp detailing, the articulation which makes it able to do pretty much any pose from the anime (and the lineart! it has joints in the lower leg, to make it bend forward), the weaponry. And it looks beautiful with the Moonlight Butterfly parts! Have I mentioned it's beautiful? If I have one complaint, it's that when posing it the moustache falls a tad too easily. .
"There's always hope tomorrow will be taco night."
Dark Duel

quasadra wrote:speaking of Club, do you have loose joint on it? mine cant support the full weight of the VARIS. not just the arms, the entire toy feel flimsy, when compared the my other RDs. Reborns hold its massive rifle with a triple jointed shoulder, i dont see why Club cant. :?
Haven't really had a problem with the joints being loose, though it's a bit tricky posing the extended VARIS because of its size and weight.
It does feel a bit flimsier than my Garazzo(ditto the Vincent), but it's significantly more posable IMO.

quasadra

looks like its not a common occurrence(a few of my friend did not have the same problem as me as well), i just drew the short end of the stick. its not a deal breaker anyway, i am just spoiled by the M9 awesomeness.
ArkeotheHedgehog

I'm glad somebody else wanted to make a thread of this nature! I love my three Robot Damashii figures and I plan to get some more in the future, for sure. To address the loose joints issue, I bought a Turn A (non special edition) from Bigbadtoystore and it had an extremely loose right shoulder ball joint. I got in contact with the company and they sent me a new arm. That didn't solve the problem since the socket itself was seemingly bored out too wide. So, the kind folks over there sent me a whole new figure no questions asked at no cost to me. And it came TWO DAYS. I couldn't be more impressed with the figure or the service the folks at Bigbadtoystore showed me. I will do all the business I can with them from now on.

But back to the point of the thread:
I have...
1. Crossbone Gundam X2 - I like everything about it except two issues, and they are minor. The feet seem a little wobbly, which makes it hard to stand up especially holding some of the heavier weapons like the Shot Lancer. Also, I would have appreciated more hands, since I'm afraid extended periods of holding the Zanber (my favorite weapon) or the Shot Lancer will warp the hand so that it cant hold anything else tightly. Hands specific to the weapon would have been a good idea.
2. Turn A Gundam - love it. No complaints whatsoever.
3. Eva Unit 02 - This is, by far, the best action figure of any kind that I have ever owned. It is literally so poseable that any static pose you can think of is doable. I've even had mine doing a muay thai-style round kick and it stood up on its own. It's unbelievable. The only thing I don't like is that the weapons outside of the knives are kind of lame, but I thought that about the Eva when it was used in "You Can (not) Advance" too, so the toy is just true to how it was portrayed in the movie.

In the future I plan to get - 1. GM Sniper II White Dingo ver. 2. Graham's Brave Commander Type from the Gundam 00 movie 3. Sinanju (soooo expensive) 4. possibly Charles' Spearhead from Eureka Seven (I like the design but I haven't seen much of the show and I don't know how I feel about it yet).

I really wish Bandai would release Harry Ord's SUMO...and Epyon from Gundam Wing...and Maxter from G Gundam. Actually, it's probably a good for me that they haven't done so. I don't need to be collecting so many toys at my age!
Gundam0089

I got quite a few of em, so it'll be hard to choose which is my absolute favorite...

I'm gonna have to say the Ahead, it's simple, sturdy, and a joy to play with. NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING goes wrong with it. I got myself three of em. :mrgreen:
Dark Duel

I'm thinking of getting the RD Nirvash Type-0, but before I do I wanted to ask anyone who might have it whether it has any issues as far as posability or articulation?

Mark064

While I do like the Robot Damashii line I think the line is filled with way too many web order products which is exclusive to Japan (or ebay if you wanna pay 10 times the price). Like the very beautiful GM Sniper II in White Dingo colors or the Turn A/Turn X weapon set. While I totally understand the reason to put things as web exclusive the fact that Bandai Japan still totally ignores everyone who doesn't have a Japanese address for these is just a kick in the balls over and over again.

With that being said Robot Damashii is a nice line but I just keep feeling the whole line is over priced. Especially considering the size and what you get. For example let's look what 3500 yen gets you. Jump over to Super Robot Chogokin and you get a Mazinger Z with metal oh fancy, all at 13.5 cm tall too. 3500 in RD gets you a 12 cm tall Gundam, packed with accessories but no metal. And don't even get me started on the 6000 yen L-Gaim Mark II or 4600 yen L-Gaim.

With all that ranting over I currently only own two RDs the Turn X and the V2 Assault Buster Gundam.

Turn X - By now I'm pretty sure Bandai hates the Turn X as in every single release that this poor guy gets the beam saber is ignored. (insert rage of web exclusive weapon set with said beam saber). I can only hope a possible MG release would include it... The weapons on it's back thing (forgot name) seem small but honestly I've never posed them with it. Other then that it's nice.

V2 Assault Buster Gundam - It's nice but the Wings of Light are way too heavy which makes the V2 almost impossible to stand on it's own. Either an obvious flaw or just an excuse to make you buy a stand.

I plan to buy more in the future I was thinking possibly Unicorn in Destroy Mode, Den'an Zon, Den'an Gei, and Turn A. Sorry GM Sniper II you lose out due to White Dingos being web exclusive and that's what I really wanted and L-Gaim Mark II you cost way too much even though I want you.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
InjuredPelican

I love Robot Damshii, and I own too many (11). My favorite would be Turn A (being my favorite Gundam) but the figure I got is faulty, with wobbly legs (RAGE!). I might get a new one, cause he's that important to me.

I own three different 00 Gundams(normal, Seven Swords, Trans-am Raiser) plus 00 Quanta, and they're all awesome, especially Seven Swords. It's fun just to arm him with as many weapons from all three figures and see if he'll still stand up (he usually does thanks to great design). Quanta is real sturdy, but has weird proportions.

F91 is very well modeled and quite sturdy. I wish he was to scale, cause he just looks weird when he's the same size as the others.

Cherudim, Cherudim Saga, Seravee, and Exia are also excellent.

The most disappointing however, is Strike Freedom. He looks awesome, but is far too fragile to do much of anything. Also, a small annoyance, his double beam saber handle isn't painted. Haven't gotten Destiny in fear that he'll behave like his brother. (And where's Infinite Justice?)

Anyone want to make a wish list thread?
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack