My RX-178 Costume

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
CidHighwind

Re: My RX-178 Costume

iKhaotic wrote:is it just me or are the shoulder pads a bit large?. otherwise it looks amazing!
A bit. But its more a case of "Human head and chest cant be big enough to compensate and match robot proportions."
kikin0083

yes that is correct creepy the size of the shoulders are based on the size of the head. and because of that i might have to built stilts for my feet so i dont look short once i finish the leg and feet parts.
SolidSlug

Looking good, never see any Gundams around the Convention at the Excel in London each year....just fat stormtroopers and predators and waves of naruto and bleach clones.

There was one fugly emo dressed as a Zaft wuss but thats been it?

Make sure you get plenty of pics of you out and about at the convention :)

Unfortuantly a Gundam costume wouldn't suit me...I ll have to make a Rick Dom or The O :wink:
Formally the Twisted Child of Apsalus

Sometimes the most appropriate response to reality is to go insane

Dark Duel

I once cosplayed as Bright Noa for a con a loooong time ago. Sadly those photos were lost when my last laptop crashed. But yeah, Gundam cosplay tends to be rare.

Looks AWESOME, by the way. I once thought about cosplaying HeavyArms, but couldn't work up the nerve to actually go through with making the costume. So more power to you for doing it. But truth be told, even if I made a mobile suit costume, I'd probably go with a grunt rather than a Gundam - something like a GM or a Zaku I.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
kikin0083

Yawn....oh excuse me. I just finished the legs around 4 a.m. so check em out and tell me what you guys think :D oh and and its still missing some things on the inner side of the leg and of course the back of the legs too ill try to see if i can finish those up this weekend. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20533250@N05/
iKhaotic

awesome.

you have no idea how much props you're going to get when you wear that thing to an anime con! :) even if people aren't into Gundam, they at least know what it looks like, so be sure to ready yourself for plenty of photo requests!
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
Dark Duel

Mind = blown.
That...is seriously awesome-looking. I cannot wait to see the finished product now.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
kikin0083

ok i just finished doin some modifications on both legs enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20533250@N05/5101717128/
kikin0083

Hi guys, i havent posted any updates because ive been busy with midterms and i only have two more tests to take on monday but ive been working on it this weekend so hopefully during the week ill upload the next batch of pics. laterz
Bonesy!

Looking forward to it, it seems to be turning out nicely so far.
kikin0083

sorry for the delay guys, heres some more pics.

kikin0083

ok i finally was able to do at least 80% of the feet this past few days so lets see what you guys think :D

G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I'm more impressed with the skirt armor. How do you intend to move around with that on?
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
iKhaotic

Coming along nicely, liking the detail on the legs!
kikin0083

thanks guys, im almost done but im worried that i wont get the days off to go to the con, but theres another one coming up on the 12th of december. but i hope it goes well this coming week. :D
iKhaotic

Good luck with that then. Where do you live anyways? Because here in Central Florida, con season ended last month. Won't be another convention in the area until late March next year lol.
kikin0083

all right i did get my days off, and i live in south texas, my town is right at the border with another city in mexico where that cartel leader was killed last month. the con im goin to is at South Padre Island, a huge spring break spot thats like 15 miles near where i live. theyre gonna get a few voice actors from funimation there. the other con thats on december is actually across the border called "chafa-con" its held like 3 times a year and last time i went the guest of honor was the guy who dubs Mr. Burns in spanish, chafa is mexican slang for "cheap" lol, i dont know i didnt come up with that name lol. its more of everyting else than anime. but yea man, i hear of alot of cons in florida my pal was stationed there and would go to alot of them.
iKhaotic

Hahahah yeah, they don't screw around when it comes to cons here since Orlando is a big and well known city. They're all pretty cool, but once you've been going to them for years and years, you'll realize that it's all VERY repetitive and everything is mostly the same year after year. Aside from the few new merchandise that gets released, you generally see vendors selling leftover stuff from years past. Familiar faces are always around (even though lately, there's been a MAJOR influx of immature 11-13 year olds).

This past couple years, I mainly go to cons to catch up with and hang out with friends, not so much for the convention itself because once you've seen it once, you've pretty much seen it all lol. I'll buy the occasional merchandise if it catches my eye (and for the right price considering you can find most things way cheaper online anyways) and enter a few gaming tournaments in hopes of winning. But other than that, yeah :P
kikin0083

HAHAHA yea all i buy at the cons are just snacks and drinks, and maybe something small figure nothing too big since i have to much stuff in my room as it is. and all i see most of the time are naruto stuff, which i cant stand.
kikin0083

G-Slayer wrote:I'm more impressed with the skirt armor. How do you intend to move around with that on?
sorry for the late response, but to answer your question im goin to glue some elastic straps that i will use as suspenders, when you see my completed pix you can see the white straps criss crossing from the skirt to my neck making a white x.