The place to share your artwork.
tehprognoob

Re: The Mecha Musume discussion thread

Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

tehprognoob

Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

My sincere apologies for neglecting the topic.

Work safe technically, but probably not something you should be looking at during work or around lady-friends. It'd make for a difficult explanation anyway, so I'm going to label it as a Potentially Awkward Situation (PAS).

Kai-tan

Epyon Kai for comparison.

This kind of ended up a little bad. I was just fiddling around with posture and proportion, and I came out with this completely random pose (because I wasn't paying attention). Now that it's done, I think I should have exaggerated her posture more. Water was also accidentally spilled on the original lineart while I was in the middle of working on it, so that made me really sad, and it was hard to continue.

I'm sorry this took so long to do. As most of you know, a while ago Strike Zero completed a mecha musume version of my Wing HY Custom and I was challenged to do a musume version of Epyon. I had to actually remake my Epyon Kai first, and then this drawing took a long time to do because I was really embarrassed to work on it around people. As you know, I'm in the education business, so I can't really whip this out in front of the kids, and my girlfriend was over all the time, and I didn't want to have to explain to her just what the heck this was.

Anyway, I'm not completely sure on how to categorize the style I used for Kai-tan. Perhaps a new sub-class: Metal Bikini?? :lol: :oops: :oops:

Alright, well, I guess I'll start on "Kai-tan VS. HY-tan" soon, but it'll take a little while, because y'know how it is. Plus, for the idea I'm having, I'll probably be very embarrassed to work on it. No one else make an attempt before I finish mine! Reason being, I'll just quote myself:
I wrote:If anyone's gonna turn my project into "Gundam Wing: the mecha pr0n game" it might as well be me. >_>;
I know we haven't had much traffic here, and the drawing isn't particularly good, but let me know what you think. Try not to be too harsh. I haven't posted a picture in a while. =(

edit: And for my creepy stalkers, I'll make a note that Kai-tan is scan0100. Yay. =o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
tehprognoob

im on the football team...the speech team...the science team...i live 2 hours away from school, which happens to be the most competitive high school in new york...
:smashes head against window:
now you know why i dont draw a lot anymore.

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

lkh;jmb.jhkhl;jhyuioip;ljkdsarnhgkeabn;jads (Raeg from always being bothered whenever I try to sit down to say something about the drawing)

Now that that's out of the way..

It's a really good piece of Mecha Musume :D I love how well it stands next to the original Epyon Kai, especially around the main body area. The armor looks well "translated" to the Kai-tan and I also like how the stub parts on the Gundam's leg look like wings on the girl adding some prettiness (For lack of a better word)

The posing is alright but I might move the hand a bit back more, having the knuckles come over the hip rather than the entire hand. And more on the design of the Kai itself is the rounded style shoulder plates sort of bug me :\ I think maybe its more of the perspective and how they're drawn (On both) more than the design.

And if I had you as a teacher I would find it awesome that you draw mecha/anime stuff xD Under normal circumstances I'm not really much for other people's opinions on what I do or like but if I was in your shoes, It's an understandable action.

Mecha Musume styles aren't just closes to the three I mentioned awhile ago, which is mostly because my terms are only a sort an estimation! MM styles may as well vary from artist to artist or even just between the different Mobile Suit/Machine to suit it more.
Seraphic wrote: Alright, well, I guess I'll start on "Kai-tan VS. HY-tan" soon, but it'll take a little while, because y'know how it is. Plus, for the idea I'm having, I'll probably be very embarrassed to work on it. No one else make an attempt before I finish mine! Reason being, I'll just quote myself:
I wrote:If anyone's gonna turn my project into "Gundam Wing: the mecha pr0n game" it might as well be me. >_>;
I know we haven't had much traffic here, and the drawing isn't particularly good, but let me know what you think. Try not to be too harsh. I haven't posted a picture in a while. =(

edit: And for my creepy stalkers, I'll make a note that Kai-tan is scan0100. Yay. =o
I feel the same about my drawings too xD I know I'll never be an actual artist for anime, or even relatively popular for that matter, but other people doing (weird) things to my creations is something I probably could not handle..

And yes, we don't have much traffic in here sadly. I'm not really helping either, but I see how sometimes other people just don't feel like posting on here as well.. And you shouldn't be so harsh on yourself, seeing how you spent a considerable amount of time on it!

I should also start drawing things again >.>" I have a Manga that's been left unattended for almost 4 months now x.x
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Strike Zero

Seraphic wrote:Kai-tan
At first, I was going to bug you about what the heck is going on with her right arm, but then I read the rest of your post and thought I'd cut you a break.

This time. :P

All in all, I like it. I'm not typically so partial towards girls with such skimpy armor designs, but she makes up for it IMO with a good, well-drawn figure, a trait I don't get to see very often in mecha musume (I'd estimate that more than half of the mecha musume currently in existance that make it a point to show off skin are of the loli body-type).

I am also really digging the electric effect on the heat rod. Very cool and unique.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

my question with Kai-tan is whats going on with the wings? why's one raised and the other not?

so yeah anyway.. I actually sat down after seeing your Kai-tan with the intent for doing another pass at a Yoshimoto mechamusume that didn't look so ...crappy. in order to show my support of this thread (even though I've barely read it *cough*) and then I read your post here and decided to be an ass. any rate, here's my attempt at annoying seraphic (does this count a trolling?)

http://crashlegacy.deviantart.com/art/O ... -185937187
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
tehprognoob

Nah it's good.
Now if only I could squeeze out time enough for my project, now that football's ended...

Strike Zero

Made this recently for a thread on 4chan. Came out pretty okay since I didn't have to design the design myself (she's basically just Crimrose from Cosmic Break with different hair).
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Strike Zero wrote:Made this recently for a thread on 4chan. Came out pretty okay since I didn't have to design the design myself (she's basically just Crimrose from Cosmic Break with different hair).
:o That looks pretty cool too, but maybe the placement of the facial features could be moved a bit to (our) right? I'm thinking the head is supposed to be facing (her) right but maybe since the head itself is a bit low it looks odd. And maybe the belly button/stomach line thing is bit too pronounced, but that may just be me. Anyways, the perspective very neat on this one and I like the shines and shades on the mecha parts :D

Wait... Who was saying something about the loli body type a few posts ago? :lol:

I think I'll try getting back into Mecha Musume mode this weekend, seeing as I have lots of time off. And besides, I'm not letting a thread with something as glorious as Mecha Musume even fall off the front page! xD
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Ah, double post.. Anyways, here's the latest Mecha Musume thingy, Gundam Plutone and it's pilot Chall Acustica Mecha Musume'd.

I used 'strict construction' this time, but exaggerated the wings on the back along with the three vernier looking parts where the cone-type drive would be.

I let the thread fall off the front page.. I am disappoint.
tehprognoob

somehow it made my diarreah feel worse.

Strike Zero

tehprognoob wrote:somehow it made my diarreah feel worse.
Hey, come on, it's not that bad.

Sure, it's a little rough, and the gun arm looks a little wonky, but I like it.

Quick query: You wouldn't happen to have any plans to color, would you? Because if not, I'd like to do so.

Ya know, for shitz and gigglez and what have you. :P
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Strike Zero wrote: Quick query: You wouldn't happen to have any plans to color, would you? Because if not, I'd like to do so.

No, I hate coloring with a burning passion, so you can do what you please. :D
tehprognoob

Strike Zero wrote:
tehprognoob wrote:somehow it made my diarreah feel worse.
Hey, come on, it's not that bad.

Sure, it's a little rough, and the gun arm looks a little wonky, but I like it.

Quick query: You wouldn't happen to have any plans to color, would you? Because if not, I'd like to do so.

NO, it wasn't BAD; it just made my diarrhea worse. My spincter began to hurt when I looked at it. I don't know why.

ShadowCell

thanks for sharing, man.
tehprognoob

You're welcome. Looks like that was your 4,700th post

tehprognoob

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

I would say the drawing is a bit small, judging from the line on that notebook paper. Either that or your pencil got pretty dull while you were drawing it.. I'd love to see you try drawing larger images so you could more details out, mostly because I think this one would look really good if you gave it some more room to breathe. You've got a good sense of shading from what I can see there (much better than any I could do) and the form looks solid. I was wondering if you did any type of sketch of the form first like the bubbles or figure, etc, and if not I think you should give that a try. Sorry if I seem like I'm just telling you what to do, but I can't really see much of the details because it seems a bit small. >.>;
tehprognoob

see, i always scale down anyway so that i feel more comfortable with the details, lol