The 00 Gundam Model Kits

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Turn-A Binker

The 00 Gundam Model Kits

While I would prefer a MG; there simply isn't a MG 00 Gundam out there now or seem will be in the near future which is quite sad (00 Qan[T] doesn't count in regards to this). So anyway, as an alternative, I'am looking at the PG to save up for money for, as well as being my first new model kit since my last one (MG Freedom, which might've been built by me around the time it came out). But I have some questions to ask concerning the model kits towards the 00 Gundam:

1) I have seen a video review of it (Go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2N09DWrAMM, the guy was great) but from anyone else out there who has it; any pros and cons with the PG 00, from pricing to the kit itself?

2) Just as the PG is the alternative towards a probably not going to be released MG; there is an alternative to the PG which is a standard 1/100th scale kit (as a prefer 1/100ths), and the only one made for the 00 Gundam is the non-grade 1/100th 00 Gundam/00 Raiser. For anyone who has it, and like the PG question above; how is it, and what are the pros and cons, even from a PG vs 1/100th comparsion?

3) Even though what I just said about a MG not in the near future; has there been any news, rumors, whatever concerning a MG 00 Gundam (not 00 Qan[T]) release?

Thank you.
Murra

Re: The 00 Gundam Model Kits

1. It's pretty damn expensive, but on the plus side you get to play with a bunch of LEDs I guess.

2. Pros:
-Bigger than a high grade.
-Looks just as good despite lower detail construction.
-Does have LED GN drives.
-A lot cheaper than the PG, especially for shipping I'd imagine.

Cons:
-Articulation is the same level as a high grade.
-May need painted details or lots of stickers (not a problem unless you're a casual builder though)
-No internal frame.
-No transfer decals (though aftermarkets are available)
-Have been accused of being slightly expensive for what they are. (Then again, so have the PGs)

3. No news as far as I've heard. Will they release it eventually? Probably. Though that could be tomorrow, or it could be 5 years down the line, so I wouldn't bother holding out.
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

The NG 1/100 00 Raiser has inferior articulation than the HG. The 1/100 lacks a waist joint and can't do the splits like the HG can. And you can't expect a NG to have internal frame and dry transfer decals. It ain't a MG.

Unless you want the LED GN drives, go for the HG.
wilcosu35

i have the PG and i can tell you that it's a great kit. expensive but good. there's just one flaw i've found so far: the joints in the torso aren't quite strong enough to keep it completely upright with the hull of the o raiser hanging off the back, making it bend backwards.
ofcourse, if you display the o raiser separately, you'll have none of this problem
Raiden

pk-man wrote:The NG 1/100 00 Raiser has inferior articulation than the HG. The 1/100 lacks a waist joint and can't do the splits like the HG can. And you can't expect a NG to have internal frame and dry transfer decals. It ain't a MG.

Unless you want the LED GN drives, go for the HG.
Didn't the Designer Color version's of the 1/100's come with some special markings or something?

But to behonest Turn-A Binker, i would rather get the HG's instead. The 1/100's are kinda chunky and out of proportion imo. And like pk-man said, the 1/100's articulation is kinda meh. Or if you have no problem with waiting, just wait x amount of time till they decide to MG it. Heck thats what im doing even though my bro has the PG of it unbuilt XD.
Turn-A Binker

But there isn't a HG 1/100th...is there?
Raiden

Doesn't exist. the 1/100's are classified as NG's (No Grade).

Oh yea theres also the Metal Build 1/100 00 Seven Swords coming out, though no O Raiser for it.
Turn-A Binker

Raiden wrote:Didn't the Designer Color version's of the 1/100's come with some special markings or something?
I was just going to ask that: what about the 1/100th 00 Raiser Designer's Color Ver?
Dark Duel

Near as I can tell(don't own it personally) it's the same kit, with the same lousy articulation, but with an extra LED in the head, washed-out colors, and a bunck of extra stickers. Also it includes the GN Sword III, which I don't think the first 00-Raiser 1/100 NG had.
Dalong's got reviews of both if you want to compare:
1. 00-Raiser
2. Designer's Color Version
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Jak Crow

The articulation and general designs of the 1st season 00 NG 1/100 kits are really good. The NG Exia and Astrea stand up pretty nicely to the MG Exia, and are definitely more sturdy.

The 2nd season kits are a bit odd with the solid torso block. Even though the waist articulation is gone, the upper torso has rotation and mitigates the missing waist twist a bit so I don't think it's that big a deal. Arm, wrist, knee, and ankle articulation are just as good as MGs, and the NG 00's ankle and wrist articulation is used on the MG Qant.

Now as for the PG 00, it is pretty damn nice. I can post pics if anyone wants.
iKhaotic

I have the No Grade 1/100 00 Raiser kit, it's a great kit overall and worth the price (around $50-$60 USD). It may be pretty much the same price as a Master Grade, but you get a lot for what you pay for. The one I have is the special edition with light up GN Drives and a transparent green Celestial Being display stand. It doesn't have the articulation of a Master Grade, but IMO, it's articulate enough to get most of the poses you'll want. The kit itself isn't entirely detailed, but that can be remedied by doing some panel lining and buying an aftermarket dry transfer decal kit (around $5 USD) if you care for the small details. My only complaint with the kit is that some of the parts are too heavy, namely the 0 Raiser attachment, that when you try to do certain poses, they'll become flimsy and go all over the place.

Overall it is indeed a nice kit and since you said you prefer 1/100 scale, go for this one. I'm unsure of whether the 00 Gundam will get a proper Master Grade release or not in the future. If you really must have one and have the money to spare, just buy the No Grade for now.

As for the designer color version, as far as I know, it only has a lighter shade of colors, which I guess to some people it matters, but it costs about $8 more.
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
nettrekker

I have both the NG 1/100 and PG 1/60 00 Raiser and they all have their pros and cons that make the decision of choosing one or the other very difficult.

PG 1/60 00 Raiser
Pros:
- Very detailed (though less detailed IMHO than previous PGs like the Strike Gundam)
- GN Sword II and III all included (and missile pods for 0 Raiser)
- Light-up feature in the head and GN drives
- Cockpit can open
- It's a fun build if you like to take your time (it takes a few days to a few weeks), because there are a lot of parts AND accessories to build (GN swords II, III, GN shield, 0 Raiser, missile pods, missiles, etc.)
- It is a very beautiful model to look at compared to the NG 1/100
Cons:
- The expensive price
- The locking mechanisms for the articulations on the GN condensers aren't perfect
- There a LOT of weight issues: the torso tends to bend backwards because of the weight of the 0 Raiser backpack, the arms aren't solid enough if you want the 00 Raiser to hold the GN Swords straight forward horizontally, the 0 Raiser side binders weigh the whole GN drive support down, etc.

NG 1/100 00 Raiser:
Pros:
- Affordable price
- Anime accurate
- Weight issue is mostly limited in the 0 Raiser side binders which weigh down the GN drives (only the HG 1/144 version seems to not have this problem)
- You can display it with other 1/100 Gundams if you have them
Cons:
- No GN sword III (unless you pick the Designer's Color version)
- Less detailed and beautiful to look at compared to the PG version

Basically, if you have the means or if you are a really big fan of the 00 Raiser, I'd say pick the PG 1/60 with the knowledge that it will have its flaws and that it's not a model you'll be playing with a lot; you'll appreciate it mostly as a "display" model.
If you don't want to invest 300$ in a less than perfect model or if you're planning to have the 00 Raiser be accompanied eventually with its fellow mobile suits, then pick the NG 00 Raiser for now until a MG (hopefully) comes out and with the knowledge that you won't have the now infamous GN Sword III.

BTW, rrobbert184's video reviews on YouTube are very useful and informative... Watching them a few times can help and his opinions are usually spot on. Good luck in your decision!
iKhaotic

Yeah, every kit will have its flaws, but you just have to decide what's best for you :)

There's a Seven Swords conversion kit available if you're interested however:

http://tatsuhobby.com/webstore/index.ph ... cts_id=380

Although I'm unsure if that's the sword that Nettrekker is referring to...
nettrekker

iKhaotic wrote:Yeah, every kit will have its flaws, but you just have to decide what's best for you :)

There's a Seven Swords conversion kit available if you're interested however:

http://tatsuhobby.com/webstore/index.ph ... cts_id=380

Although I'm unsure if that's the sword that Nettrekker is referring to...
Actually, I was referring to the GN Sword III that the 00 Raiser receives as an "upgrade" after episode 23 of Season 2 and in the movie. It's the weapon that resembles Gundam Exia's original GN Sword.
iKhaotic

nettrekker wrote: Actually, I was referring to the GN Sword III that the 00 Raiser receives as an "upgrade" after episode 23 of Season 2 and in the movie. It's the weapon that resembles Gundam Exia's original GN Sword.
Ah alright. I had a feeling I was wrong. That conversion kit is pretty nice too however, since I don't believe any of the current 1/100 kits come with the Seven Swords pack.
Xiphas

I have another question, for you guys that own the 00 movie HG kits. Would it be worth it to pick up the Harute and the Raphael? Any issues that I should know about? Ive watch video reviews for both, and the thing is both have balance issues because of their backpacks, but thats not a problem because I'm gonna be using a stand.
Raiden

maybe hold off on Harute a lil more to see if they still wanna churn out more 00 HG's. If so then they may release the extra boosters.
blind_dead_mcjones

question is how long is a lil more? six months? if they throw in the extra boosters for the harute then hopefully they might add the option of making its head in marute mode

with that in mind just go for the raphael as its one one suit that doesn't get add ons like the zabanya and harute
Flag Fighter for life!
PowerdGNFlag

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:with that in mind just go for the raphael as its one one suit that doesn't get add ons like the zabanya and harute
Uhmm... how about Seravee Gundam II?
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
blind_dead_mcjones

separate kit, like the nadleeh and seraphim gundams
Flag Fighter for life!