The Dark Knight Rises

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
SNT1

The Dark Knight Rises

The 3rd Nolan Batman film!

http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1130726p1.html

Main points:

-No Riddler

-Nolan looking for a young female actor, hmmmmm Catwoman (obvious frontrunner)?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
TheGoose

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

I hope the villain is either Catwoman or the Penguin. I doubt that they'd be together though since that would be too similar to Batman Returns.

Looking forward to seeing it when it comes out!
Dark Duel

Title kinda sucks.
That said, as long as the core Bale/Caine/Freeman/Oldman cast is intact, more Nolan Batman can only be a good thing -though I don't expect this third one to top Dark Knight, that movie was godly epic.

And I've been saying this since the first one came out, but I think it bears repeating: Nolan should do Talia - he already did Ra's, it wouldn't be too difficult to introduce her.
I also think that after being completely butchered and ruined by Uma Thurman's god-awful performance in Batman & Robin, Poison Ivy needs a second shot at the big screen.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

YES!!!! It's about freaking time! I've been waiting for this news! :D

Maybe I haven't been keeping up with the Nolan Batman hype, but why were people expecting the Riddler?

And now that we know it's coming for sure, it's time for the long wait for the movie to come out.....
Kenji

Shinji103 wrote:Maybe I haven't been keeping up with the Nolan Batman hype, but why were people expecting the Riddler?
I think it was mostly because the Nolan films have had a psychological tone and Riddler is one of the few remaining high-profile psychological villains.

That and someone produced a fake poster, awhile back.

Anyway, nice to see the movie's coming. Hope it's good.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Mu La Flaga

I kind of expected this to happen, Riddler letdown. :P

Anyway I'm hoping for Catwoman.
Since I have heard rumors Bane is ruled out.
(the comic version of him was different)
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenji

Well, I'm not up on Batman's colorful rogues gallery (never really cared), but if I had to take a stab at it...

This movie has to escalate things over The Dark Knight, and I don't think any singular villain is going to do it. If I were making this movie, I think I'd use Harley Quinn and a Joker Cult of some form. The cult, of course, being the escalation.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Chris
Administrator

The Riddler is a very hard character to do. In live action depictions, he's pretty much been done as a crazy guy, making him just like the Joker (1960s Batman, Batman Forever). Also, he has no physicality to him, so you're not going to see him fighting Batman personally or being a threat. I think the best depiction of the Riddler was in Batman: The Animated Series, and they used him sparingly there, because by the staff's own admission, he's hard to use properly and convincingly.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Dollow

For the most part the only villain from the Batman Rogues' gallery that would work in the Nolan is Thomas "Tommy" Elliot aka Hush, a villain that has a true hate of Wayne, and who has a deep rivaly with Catwoman. Hush a complete dark side to Bruce Wayne and master of manipulation. Then again I could be wrong and Nolan could use Black Mask for the story of the Gotham underworld take over.

At this point he could do anything.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Zeonic Glory

I'm looking forward to this movie. Does anyone know how many Batman movies Nolan said he would do?
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
blaahkid

I heard that DKR will be the final installment of the franchise. I'm actually kind of glad though, this is the trilogy that Batman fans deserve and ending is the best way to ensure that it doesn't risk getting milked and ruined somehow. I'm starting to think that either Killer Croc or Black Mask will be the villans. Killer Croc may be abit too unrealistic, but I think if done the right way it would work. Black Mask would work well, Batman dealing with a firefight as epic as the one in HEAT would be awesome.
Murra

Kenji wrote:high-profile psychological villain
"high-profile psychological villain"

I kid, I kid.
Dollow

Murra wrote:
Kenji wrote:high-profile psychological villain
"high-profile psychological villain"

I kid, I kid.
Really?
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Dark Duel

All of a sudden, Jim Carrey's flaming-homo Riddler from that movie makes sense...*shudders*
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SNT1

http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums ... ostcount=6

^Although the Riddler imagined there is a lot less.... FABULOUS than any of the other Riddlers...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Third Child

I believe no matter what, Harley Quinn will not be in the third movie nor would it make much sense to have her there to begin with. My reasoning of why is that her character works as long as she's around Joker, when she's near him then she can fill in the looney devoted personality she's know for quite well. But because there is no way the Joker can come back, for obvious reasons i might add and anyone who thinks otherwise is reaching for a dream they'll never see visualized, it's a tough situation trying to make her seem convincing all solo.

As for who i think could be the villain, i'm very much attracted to the idea of Bane. I figure as long as they give him his venom strength and present him as an absolute obstacle of how Batman could psychologically break down because of his physical superiority, it would really harken back and give more meaning to the most important thing Thomas Wayne taught to Bruce: "Why do we fall? So we can get back up."

If it is handled in that particular way and not how he came off as simply minion fodder in Batman & Robin, it could work.
Dollow

Third Child wrote:I believe no matter what, Harley Quinn will not be in the third movie nor would it make much sense to have her there to begin with. My reasoning of why is that her character works as long as she's around Joker, when she's near him then she can fill in the looney devoted personality she's know for quite well. But because there is no way the Joker can come back, for obvious reasons i might add and anyone who thinks otherwise is reaching for a dream they'll never see visualized, it's a tough situation trying to make her seem convincing all solo.
Tell that to Paul Dini, he writes her without the Joker all the time in Streets of Gotham. :lol:
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Third Child

Dollow wrote:Tell that to Paul Dini, he writes her without the Joker all the time in Streets of Gotham. :lol:
But Paul Dini ain't writing any of the Nolanverse Batman films, is he? :wink: Besides, Nolan is always about making it realistic not just with the costume and the gadgets but also with the characters. Based on what he's put down so far, i think he and Paul Dini think very differently in terms of that.
zerogradius

Chris wrote:The Riddler is a very hard character to do. In live action depictions, he's pretty much been done as a crazy guy, making him just like the Joker (1960s Batman, Batman Forever). Also, he has no physicality to him, so you're not going to see him fighting Batman personally or being a threat. I think the best depiction of the Riddler was in Batman: The Animated Series, and they used him sparingly there, because by the staff's own admission, he's hard to use properly and convincingly.
And it's for the reason you stated that I think they'll pass on him and use the Mad Hatter instead. He would fit the bill quite nicely.
duke4799

zerogradius wrote:
Chris wrote:The Riddler is a very hard character to do. In live action depictions, he's pretty much been done as a crazy guy, making him just like the Joker (1960s Batman, Batman Forever). Also, he has no physicality to him, so you're not going to see him fighting Batman personally or being a threat. I think the best depiction of the Riddler was in Batman: The Animated Series, and they used him sparingly there, because by the staff's own admission, he's hard to use properly and convincingly.
And it's for the reason you stated that I think they'll pass on him and use the Mad Hatter instead. He would fit the bill quite nicely.
And they'll cast Johnny Depp to play him too :-P oh wait... he did that part already...
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!