Changes in Wiki sites

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
yazi88

Changes in Wiki sites

I noticed a couple of days ago that a wikia site I went to was while not shutting but rather having weird interfaces/navigation pages which are all the same. I noticed this with other wikias as well. Can anyone give me a reason or explanation?

UPDATE: Apparently one reason why wikia sites seem different is because I'm still using Firefox 2.0 instead of 3.0 but even then I still wanna know why all the wikia sites seem so generic with their background colors and why their navigation on the left side is gone now.
Wingnut

Re: Changes in Wiki sites

yazi88 wrote:UPDATE: Apparently one reason why wikia sites seem different is because I'm still using Firefox 2.0 instead of 3.0 but even then I still wanna know why all the wikia sites seem so generic with their background colors and why their navigation on the left side is gone now.
Not true. The changes are present no matter what web browser you use. I don't like it. It wasn't broken, so why try and fix it? They failed hard, IMO as several parts of the pages overlap now thanks to banner ads and other junk. Plus the stupid toolbar(?) at the bottom. There doesn't seem to be any point to it at all.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Bonesy!

I still think Web 2.0 is bullcrap. Why fix what isn't broken?
Kuruni

At least they allow me to switch to older theme in account setting.

The old one is cleanner and, most important, can access to recent change from any page.
My girlfriend was a loli.