4GFFG: Round Two: Neo America Neo Ryūkyūs

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
mcred23

4GFFG: Round Two: Neo America Neo Ryūkyūs

The fifth fight of Round Two is Neo America vs Neo Ryūkyūs in the Urban City.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
mcred23

Re: 4GFFG: Round Two: Neo America Neo Ryūkyūs

Today's Gundam Fight is brought to you by ESPN, the number one name in sports. Dispite having more than a dozen channels in their lineup, the flagship station is still the biggest of them all, and since they are still based in Neo American and are mainly concerned with that audience, they'll cover all of Neo America's fights. The ever dynamic duo of Colin Chrisworth and Jim "Pizza Roll" McGee occupy the booth for todays fight in the Urban City.

"Welcome back, folks! I'm Colin Chrisworth coming to you live from Neo Luxembourg's Urban City, and with me again is Jim McGee. Make it up in one trip this time, Jim?"
"Barely made it, Colin, but I did! Want some Swiss chocolate?!"
"Maybe during the commercial. Well, we're in for a good one as Neo America's Chris Anderson takes on Neo Ryūkyūs's Makii Kuninaka."
"Ryūkyūs? I haven't tried their food..."
"Well An...Really?"
"I didn't know they exsisted until yesterday, Colin!"
"That has been one of the subplots of the entire Gundam Fight, Jim. In any event, Makii is looking for a rebound after a disappointing loss yesterday to Neo Australia, while Chris Anderson defeated Neo Switzerland fairly quickly."
"That poor Swiss girl was so nice. Sure you don't want a peice?"
"In a minute, Jim. Now Anderson put to rest most of the worries people had yesterday in his solid performance, so what can we expect today?"
"Probably more of the same."
"Chris has been very consistant in his career. And from Miss Kuninaka and her Shisa Gundam?"
"What? I don't have a clue, Colin!"
"Well, we shall see how this goes. Both fighters should be arriving to the combat zone shortly. We'll be right back with the start of Neo America and Neo Ryūkyūs, here on ESPN!"

Donna Strife

"Nothing like passing out in a sauna to erase the stress of feeling your face pummeled in," said Makii as she rolling her neck in a stretch. She was happy to be back in top form after yesterday. While this match wasn't going to be as important as her eventual fight against Japan, Makii knew a win today would go a long way to appeasing her handlers and earning her freedom. Ryūkyūan politics and whatnot.

"Freedom. That is something Mr. America could probably understand. Too bad I'm probably going to have to beat you senseless."

She jumped on to a nearby building and looked around for the Neo American fighter. "Come out and play, Mr. America."
mcred23

Chris Anderson finished his usual warm up passes and stretches a few minutes before the Neo Ryūkyūs was ready. Anderson was on the opposite side of the section of the old city set aside for their fight today. The streets and buildings would make things interesting...

The voice of Makii Kuninaka came over the radio. "Come out and play, Mr. America." She said, prompting Anderson to roll his eyes. He wondered how or why he was having to go up against two women in his first two fights of the Finals, and this one seemed just as confident as Värme had the day before.

"Whenever you're ready to start." Anderson said, his tone slightly bored. The fighters were quite some distance apart, and Chris knew her Shisa Gundam lacked much in the way of long distance weapons. He already had a few ideas on how to work that to his advantage...

Donna Strife

Hopping on all fours from building top to building top towards the Quarterback Gundam, Makii commented in a conversational tone over the radio, "As you wish. Though I have to say I expected the Neo American fighter to be more pro-active. Where is that cowboy gung-ho attitude?"

Finally above her opponent, the Shisa Gundam had the Quarterback Gundam in it's sights. Tipping over the edge of the top floor and launching off the side of the building for extra momentum, Makii readied her claws for her first attack. "After all, you must have some real reasons for fighting. Reasons beyond nationalism or glory."

Reaching her opponent, Makii pulled her legs up and started clawing at her opponent with all four limbs. While looking like a ball of rapidly spinning claws suspended in air, Makii commented, "I want to see you put your heart in this!"
mcred23

Anderson spotted the blur a slight distance away, which could only be the dog like Shisa. It struck him as an odd design, but her idea to approach from above was sound.

Her talking, however, wasn't. "As you wish. Though I have to say I expected the Neo American fighter to be more pro-active. Where is that cowboy gung-ho attitude?" Mikaii said as she approached. Anderson didn't say anything, it was all meaningless and he instantly found himself not in the mood for jawing, as he flexed his fingers, staying still and waiting to see how she moved. She leaped to the top of a tall building next to him and then tipped over the side, kicking the wall of the building as she continued to speak. "After all, you must have some real reasons for fighting. Reasons beyond nationalism or glory."

The Shisa pulled her legs up, already moving it's claws to attack, looking like a dog on it's back, which nearly brought a smile to Chris' face, expect the thing was speeding at him. "I want to see you put your heart in this!" She said.

Anderson generated beams in either hand and instantly back peddeled, his left shoulder toward her, leaning foward by a hair. It would have been a picture perfect drop back worthy of any NFL Films production on quarterbacking, except for his hands. His right hand was up near his cheek and shoulder, the beam ball glowing brightly, but the left, with its own beam, slightly below it. Chris faded back seven long steps and in one smooth motion he planted his feet and in a blur right arm zipped the ball directly at the flurry of claws. As his chest turned with the motion of the throw, he unleashed a quick and likely useless burst of vulcan fire that sprayed with the motion of his chest. As his now empty right hand came foward, he transferred the beam ball from his left hand into the right and took three quick steps to his right, ready to react to whatever Miss Kuninaka did.

Donna Strife

Still looking like a spinning ball, Makii attempted to parry the incoming beam football attack back at her opponent. However, the strength of the throw only allowed her to redirect the beam attack away from herself. With the same massive force intended for the Shisa Gundam, the beam football slammed into a low lying skyscraper, causing it to come crumbing down.

"Wow. This is just a mock city, right?," wondered Makii aloud.

Stopping her spin abruptly, Makii strafed to the left while shooting fireballs at her opponent from the Shisa Gundam's mouth until she was behind another building. Climbing up the side of the building, Makii followed up on her previous comment, "It seems like we are going to be causing a lot of collateral damage."
mcred23

The Shisa deflected the beam football away and stopped spinning as the pink beam smashed a building. She started moving to the left and fireballs erupted from the mouth of the Gundam.

Anderson back peddled several steps into an intersection and scrambled to his left. The fireballs came close enough that the heat registered up and down his right side, but not in a particularly painful way. To Chris, it felt like he was reaching into an oven to take food out, it didn't really hurt and would have been annoying had he actually thought about it, which Chris didn't. His mind and body were already at the point such fairly minor aches barely registered. Mikaii was talking, but Anderson toned that out as well, knowing it was all mindless crap.

On the street, the building in front of him shuddered slightly, and Anderson's mind raced as Mikaii was still talking. She's already gone up there before, so she'll be heading to the top to try something else, so... Anderson cocked his arm back and fired the ball in his hand with seconds to spare before it could go off on its own. It was a typical deep pass, a fairly slow, arcing pass that was flying up and would curve right over the roof of the tall building. And maybe right into her face... Anderson hoped, but doubted, as he jumped backwards onto a long and wide four story building, popping another beam to life in his left hand.

mcred23

(OOC: Jeez, two fights in a row this happens to me. It's been over 72 hours, so here comes a hit...)

The Shisa Gundam raced to the top of the building, leaping up to the roof at the same instant as the pink beam football came over the opposite side. The Shisa Gundam was moving quite fast thanks to the leaping motion, and had it been going any slower, or Anderson have thrown the ball harder, and thus faster, the Shisa might have been ruined by the single hit.

Kuninaka had seen the pink blob of the beam and tried to avoid, and did to an extent, but not enough. The beam hit the animal like mobile fighter in the right hip, not quite directly but more than enough to instantly take a small but painful chunk out of the mobile fighter. The beam burned through the hip and continued moving in a more or less straight line as the Shisa Gundam was now moving sideways in a slight spin, both from the impact and Makii's attempt to dodge. The beam nipped the sensory mane along the back, taking a piece out of this as well, before hitting the now flailing tail and severing about a fifth of it.

On the low building below, Chris Anderson merely saw this as a trio of bright flashes as the beam contacted the Gundarium armor and sensors. The Shisa was knocked out of its own arc and missed landing on the roof it had been heading towards, and instead began to fall down the side of the building, looking to Anderson and all the people on ESPN to be out of control.

Anderson acted. The Quarterback Gundam's hands came together near his chest, the beam football being shifted from left to right. He turned his shoulders and adjusted his feet, setting up his stance. Chris waited, watching the odd Gundam come down and impact the street below him but a few buildings down, sending up a small cloud of dust and concrete chunks that partially blocked it from view, but not totally. As soon as it impacted, Anderson's arm flashed in its throwing motion, letting out a grunt as he threw the ball almost as hard as he could directly at the Shisa Gundam, hoping for a killing blow that would end the fight quick and clean.

For him, at least.

Donna Strife

(OC: Sorry about the late reply. Midterms and an internet connection that insists on DNS errors are quite the distraction. Also, I have no idea if the physics of this work in the G Gundam universe but I thought a game of beam catch would be kinda cool. If it isn't possible or you have some objection I can edit the post.)

Feeling a sudden sharp pain in the back of her head, hip, and tail bone, Makii lost contact with the side of the building and started to fall. "Thats some aim," she thought as she fought through the pain and hoped to orient herself before contact with the ground let her know which direction was which. Suddenly the patterned lines of the road appeared right in front of her and she thought, "That... would be down."

Twisting at the very last second and extending her limbs out to catch her, the Shisa Gundam landed hard on all fours and sent up a large cloud of dust and rubble. Forgetting to deactivate the claws in the free fall, she had torn up the street as she landed.

Before she could even think, the smoke parted softly in a spiral pattern in front of her as the Quarterback Gundam's beam football flew through. Hardly able to think due to the pain in her hip and it's continued aggravation after the fall, Makii did what most people do when they see a ball: she caught it. Barely getting the Shisa Gundam's beam claws into the thing, she pieced the ball and threw it back in one smooth motion that almost tore her arm out of it's socket.

"What the hell did I just do?," she thought as the intricacies of beam physics utterly escaped her. Whatever the case, Makii knew enough not to stay still and ran on all fours, with a bit of a limp, around the building to flank the Neo American fighter and reengage.
mcred23

(OOC: It's no problem. :wink:)

The Shisa moved, grabbing the beam football and throwing it back toward Anderson, which suprised him slightly, mainly because Makii had thrown the football properly, as if she had some idea how to throw the oblong ball. She had put a fair amount of effort into it, that much was obvious to him watching her throw it and the ball fly, but it still didn't move nearly as powerfully or accurate as an NFL quarterback would throw it, even one for Cleveland, who had a long and colorful history of awful ones. Its spiral was quite wobbly, but not what would be called a wounded duck of a pass. The ball was still flying towards him as the Shisa scrambled to its hands and feet and limped around a corner at the end of the block.

Anderson slid over a few steps and lept slightly, reaching up the snatch the wobbly pass with his hands more like it was a high snap rather than a real pass, shifting the pink beam into his right hand as he came down and instantly started moving in quick steps to his right. He came to the edge of the other side of the building, facing another street, and tried the same trick again. Chris waited for a long second and a half, enough time, he hoped, based on the speed the Shisa had been moving, and again threw the ball with all his might toward the intersection it would be appearing in if it continued on that path in an attempt to get around him. Chris generated another ball to life in his left hand and waited at the edge to see what may happen this time, ready to react, his mind already thinking about what he could do in this situation.

Donna Strife

Before rounding the corner, Makii bit her tongue to distract herself from the real pain and jumped on to the side of the building for a wall run only made possible by the Shisa Gundam's rear beam claws. She knew the Quarterback Gundam has seen her and could probably figure out her speed well enough to hit if she made a straight on attack. "Luckily," she thought, "American Football isn't played perpendicular to the ground... I think."

Gaining some height right as she rounded the corner, Makii sped up as much as she could while hoping she moved enough to avoid a face full of beam football. The moment she made the turn, she saw the football pass close to her elbow and smiled.

Jumping back onto the ground and speeding up further, now that she was no longer fighting gravity, Makii rushed the Quarterback Gundam and leaped for a tackle while yelling "Goooooaaaaalll."

Makii was not very knowledgeable about organized sports.
mcred23

The Shisa came around the corner, but on the side of one of the buildings as opposed to the ground, causing his pass to miss wide and bounce far down the street till it hit a building and the ball expended its energy destroying it. The Shisa leaped back to the ground and picked up speed, the pilot yelling something Anderson couldn't understand as it leaped up at him from the street.

Chris instantly threw the ball in his left hand with an underhand pass at the animal like Gundam and flared a beam glove to life around his right hand as he took a wide pair of steps to his left. The underhanded pass, he hoped, would keep the Shisa from somehow shifting back at him, although, Anderson's mind raced, he didn't think such a move was even possible, but he wasn't taking chances. Chris was just reacting, as he usually did.

As he moved to his left, hopefully enough to avoid the bulk of the Shisa, if not completely, Anderson swiped the beam encased hand of the QB Gundam at the enemy that looked more like a big dog, leaping at the spot he had just been standing in. He held his fingers wide, literally to slap the Shisa, and with the pink glow around the hand it would have appeared comical, except for the fact that the pink glow in question could burn right through the Shisa's armor.

Donna Strife

The Shisa Gundam twisted in the air to avoid Anderson's underhand pass but her movement and the Neo American fighter's leftward dodge put her way off mark. Completely missing the Quarterback Gundam, Makii landed in a roll.

Not knowing what was coming next but expecting another beam ball, Makii exited the roll by pushing directly down on the ground with all four limps to launch herself high in the air. Looking down, she saw she had just barely missed getting slapped by what she thought was some kind of odd beam boxing glove.

Finally at close range, Makii could not retreat. In desperation, she decided that she had to sack the Quarterback Gundam. Activating her beam claws, Makii came down toward the Neo American fighter with all four limbs extended and her back arched, looking almost like a cat jumping after being frightened.

The combined comical images of the Quarterback Gundam's attack and the Shisa Gundam's response... probably wasn't something seen very often on ESPN.
mcred23

The Shisa slipped around the beam ball and quickly leaped off the building, barely getting past Anderson's beam glove, which he instantly turned off. In mid air, she activated her own beam claws and came down towards him for what seemed to be in Anderson's mind the third or fourth time in the fight.

And again, he calmy reacted. The instant the Shisa Gundam started moving back down, clearly toward him, Anderson executed another near perfect dropback, this one an unusually long ten steps. The long strides of the Gundam took him nearly halfway down the length of the building. As he backpedalled, Chris generated a pair of beam footballs and held his torso straight, sending a stream of vulcan fire in the area that he had just been in and the Shisa looked as if it would land.

When he hit the tenth step, Chris planted his feet hard and once again his arm moved in a blur as he made his throwing motion. But this time, Anderson didn't release the ball, wondering if Kuninaka would be fooled by the pump fake that worked well enough on defenses in football. In an instant, Chris worked his arm again, this time rocketing the ball away and slightly down, hoping to catch the Shisa as it landed. And once again, as the right hand came foward, the Quarterback Gundam transferred the beam ball from the left hand to the right. Anderson stayed in place but bounced slightly on the front of his feet to keep himself ready for whatever wacky attack this big dog-thingy Gundam would try and throw at him.

Donna Strife

Seeing that her opponent was no longer below her, Makii knew that another attack was probably coming. The little bit she knew, or thought she knew, about sports told her that the guy with the ball usually doesn't like to be attacked and was probably retreating and getting ready to throw the ball again. From her side she heard a spray of vulcan fire and located the Neo American from the sound. Still falling, she saw the Gundam behind the vucaln spray do something weird with its arm, which she thought was working out a cramp, and then it shot its football.

Switching from quick shot to flame thrower mode, the Shisa Gundam let out a massive amount of flame from it's mouth in one quick explosion-like burst. Almost looking like the flame thrower attack had somehow backfired, the Shisa Gundam was pushed back out of the trajectory of the Quarterback Gundam's attacks... though the face of the Gundam was now blackened around the mouth.

Activating her beam claws and switching back to quick shot mode, Makii decided she was going to try to her hand at whatever game she thought her opponent was playing. While shooting quick fire balls from her mouth, Makii grabbed pieces of metal out of a near by building with her claws and started hurling them at the Quarterback Gundam.
mcred23

Anderson had misjudged the Shisa, which seemed to fall very slowly. It fired it's flamethrower, which made Chris take three quick steps backwards and nearly throw the ball, but the flame didn't come close, and somehow adjusted the trajectory of the Shisa Gundam. It came down further down the building and quickly started shooting fireballs and began to tear chunks off the next building, which it threw towards Anderson.

The first fireball actually hit Anderson in the left shoulder, who hadn't expected it to have the range it did. Anderson bit his lips hard and let out a grunt as he spun slightly, which took him out of the line of fire. It felt as if the upper part of his chest had hit a stove top, but the sensation didn't last for long. Training in the Army and years in the NFL had helped him push aside pain, at least for brief periods, to let it subside.

He turned back towards the Shisa as the first chunk of building came flying at him, and instantly a plan formed in his mind. Anderson cocked his arm and threw the ball in his hand at the chunk of metal, and moved. The beam zipped right into the piece of building, instantly destroying it in a flash of smoke as Anderson took several quick steps to his left. After the second step, Anderson reached the side of the building and hopped off, dropping into a crouch on the street next to the four story building that the Shisa was still on, now seeing it to be a parking garage.

The instant his feet hit the ground, Anderson was sprinting. He generated a ball in his right hand as he moved up the street. When he was roughly parallel to the point where Shisa was, he jumped slightly and threw the ball at the Shisa. It was a well timed jump pass, thrown when Anderson was nearly at the top of his little hop, which barely brought his head and arm above the top of the building, giving him the brief clear shot at the Shisa from it's side. Anderson didn't see the effects of his pass, as foward momentum allowed him to keep running up the street, which he did, heading for an intersection a little more than halfway down the block, another beam flaring to life in his left hand.

Donna Strife

Makii lost track of her opponent as he approached the building she was on. Readying herself to run to the edge of the parking garage and attack her opponent, the Neo Ryūkyūan fighter was surprised when barely a slip of her opponent became visible in the corner of her eye. "It's like Mogura Tataki!," she thought for a moment before she noticed the beam ball coming towards her. Attempting to dodge at the last second, the Shisha Gundam almost avoided the attack save for a grazing hit right above the machine's left elbow. Feeling the pain in her tricep, Makii thought angrily, "Mogura don't shoot things!"

Full of hate, the Shisa Gundam hopped off the parking garage and pursued the Quarterback Gundam towards the intersection. Seeing the Neo American ready another beam ball, Makii quickly ran behind the closest building to her opponent at the intersection. Remembering how her opponent seems to prefer to keep moving, at least so far, she estimated the course of her opponent. Readying her beam claws again, Makii crashed the Shisha Gundam through the building in front of her and came out on the other side in a mass of concrete and glass and jumped at the first humanoid figure she saw.
mcred23

The Shisa bounded down into the street in pursuit of the QB Gundam, but then ducked into a side street just away from the intersection. Anderson made it to the wide intersection and turned around, roughly facing the way the Shisa had moved, bouncing slightly on his feet again.

There was a loud rumble from a building on the left side of the intersection up the street he had just come down, and the building shook. Not entire sure what the girl was trying to do this time, Anderson dropped back. He'd gone four steps up the street when the Shisa flew out the side of the building with a crash, leaping out of the debris she caused into the intersection in his direction. However, it looked to Chris as if she expected him to still be in the intersection, and he was still moving backwards and increasing the distance between them.

That worked in his favor. Anderson continued to back peddle, throwing the ball in his hand with barely a second to spare, another laser-accurate fastball down the center of the street. Chris wasn't happy with the way the fight was going, naturally he'd have preferred to have had ended it in a minute, but he perfectly fine with this back and forth, dink and dunk kind of fight. Eventually, he'd get an opening to do some serious damage.

Donna Strife

Seeing through the debris that her target was not present, Makii didn't even stop to see where her opponent had moved. Both fighters were fast and strong but the Quarterback Gundam had the advantage of ranged beam weapons. Hesitation likely meant getting hit.

Without changing direction or checking her soundings, Makii sped up in a sudden burst and continued forward still. She heard something go right by the Shisa Gundam's head but still did not look. In just moment she was in front of another building of which she ripped open the side of, looking almost like she was opening a non-existent door with her beam claws.

Coming to the other side of the building, which turned out to be a very solid brutalist style office complex, Makii punched through the opposite wall making a similar rumble to the one she made entering. However, she paused and quietly slipped back into corner of the husk of a building. She was ready to run or attack at any moment depending where she heard her opponent approached from and hoped he would assume she went through the building completely.