4GFFG: Round Two: Neo Kurdistan Neo Italy

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
mcred23

4GFFG: Round Two: Neo Kurdistan Neo Italy

The eleventh and final fight of Round Two is Neo Kurdistan vs Neo Italy in the Caverns.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Inferno

Re: 4GFFG: Round Two: Neo Kurdistan Neo Italy

Marcus smirked as he got into position. He had spent the day training, studying, and preparing for both his next match and not thinking about the dinner with Neo-Israeli officials and the odd encounter with the Spanish spy. So far a good day. Still 0/0, plenty of room for a win. Here I go... He drew his beam saber, and threw aside his cape in a dramatic gesture.

"NEO KURDISTAN. THESE CAVERNS SHALL BE THE HALL OF A NEO-ITALIAN VICTORY. GUNDAM FIGHT, REAAAAAADYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?"
Last edited by Inferno on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kylern

The Hamidiya had won its first match and this would be no different. Totting its powerful beam assault rifle in both hands Kydan began to look the battlefield over and seeing plenty of way to make this guys day suck. His machine had great search and adaptability meaning his ability to come out on top in any circumstance trumped the enemies superior melee ability.

"Pipe down will you... Fight On..." In an irritated voice he turned his rifle at the ceiling and began to fire into it threatening to bring down the structure above them down even as he leaped backwards out of the way. The Italian idiot would find the sky falling on him.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Inferno

"Creative..." Marcus grunted as he used his beam saber in coordination with his buzzsaw to cut falling rocks into gravel. When he was sure nothing would be left falling, he switched the saw to its shield form and began his advance on his enemy. "I'll give you credit for your ingenuity, but my skull's far too thick for rocks to crack it!"
blind_dead_mcjones

Kydan grunted in mild frustration as the shoot-the-ceiling trick failed to produce anything other than boastful taunts from marcus, maintaining his composure he fired off half a dozen shots at marcus while he still speaking and then sprinted to hide behind one of the naturally formed pillars that held up the cavern

"hopefully that'l make him keep quiet" he muttered to himself as he figured out what to do next
Flag Fighter for life!
Inferno

Marcus smirked as he caught the shots on his shield, not even bothering to stop his advance. "You're still not trying as hard." He kept his advance until he reached the pillar his opponent was hiding behind. Let's flush you out of that hiding place. He took his saber and plunged it straight through the pillar, hoping to catch whatever was behind it.
blind_dead_mcjones

watching the blind stab with a look just shy of contempt, kydan kept still as he pondered his options while using the bayonet as an impromptu mirror, getting a good look at his opponents actions

how many weapons does that thing have? he wondered. even the shield is designed with offence in mind. sighing he took out one of the heat knives, holding it in a defensive stance. lets see how you like this you pompous oaf...

kydan commando rolled out from his hiding place, firing off a double tap from the beam rifle at the legion gundam's head before charging forward, opening up with machine cannons aswell the keep the legion gundam under a constant barrage of beam and solid shots
Flag Fighter for life!
Inferno

Marcus was expecting the attack, after all, what else would a trapped soldier do? He shifted his shield so that most of the shots hit it, with him only taking a few bullets from the machine cannons, an ignorable injury.

He was beginning to respect his opponent's ingenuity as he began to find himself curbing his momentum to block all the attacks at him. However, the moment Kydan got into range, he grabbed the saber, still embedded in the pillar, and swung it out in one big slashing motion, hoping to get a good cut in.
blind_dead_mcjones

kydan smirked to himself as the legion gundam blocked his shots, onto step two. he thought, the leigon gundam suddenly slashed at him, kydan fired the boosters, sending him flying forward, the beam blade scraping the anti-beam cloak as it sailed past.

Cutting the boosters kydan stabbed the heat knife directly into the shield, using the newly created leverage point as a fulcrum, kydan fired the boosters again, sliding around his opponent in the blink of an eye, wretching the heat knife free and stabbing the bayonet towards the 'spine' of the legion gundam as he completed the maneuovre.
Flag Fighter for life!
Inferno

Marcus let out an audible grunt of pain as the bayonet pierced the spine. He instinctively pulled away, the bayonet breaking off of the rifle and still jutting out of the Gundam's back. He staggered away, dropping his saber. His vision was blurring as he stumbled over to the wall. The pain was there so intense, so brutal that he felt he just might black out.

But he didn't. The Gundam was still working just fine, and he could tell by the degree of motion that he had missed, if not by a small margin, anything important. The Gundam still works. everything is fine. You just hurt. Deal with it.

Marcus put himself up against the wall for support. His vision was still blurry. He closed his eyes. Is this it? Does everything end here? Do I lose due to sheer pain?

No. I can't. I won't. I have a country to serve. My duty is not done. Unconsciousness is a luxury I haven't earned. His eyes opened.

Marcus's vision started to clear. his desperate, painful gasps for air turned into determined heavy breathing. He reached back to the bayonet. With a yell of determination he slowly, methodically, steadily yanked the whole thing out of his back.

He turned to face his opponent, with his back to the wall and his shield ready. "That's enough of my theatrics. You want me? Come get me."
blind_dead_mcjones

"That's enough of my theatrics. You want me? Come get me." marcus taunted, pointing kydans bayonet right back at him

despite his frustration at the bayonet breaking off of his rifle, kydan couldn't help but be slightly impressed that the neo italian was still standing, however he pushed those thoughts aside and began to work out how to get him to stay down

"I underestimated your tenacity." kydan retorted, putting his beam assault rifle away and drawing a second knife "i will not do so again." he charged at his opponent, both heat knives at the ready.
Flag Fighter for life!
Inferno

It was funny- with the knife out of his back, Marcus could think clearer than before it even went in. He charged forward to meet Kydan's attack, and grabbed the opposing Gundam's arms, firing a sustained burst from his vulcan guns while simultaneously thrusting forward in a direct headbutt attack.
blind_dead_mcjones

bracing himself for the oncomming hit, kydan grimmaced in pain as vulcan rounds and later both gundam heads collided, seesing stars and frantically trying to get free he did the only thing he could think of, twisting his wrists around and stabbing the heat knives into the legion gundam's forearms, he then pressed his feet against the legion's chest and fired all the boosters, hoping that he would eventualy break free even if it meant tearing his own gundams arms off in the process
Flag Fighter for life!
Inferno

Marcus grunted as the knives went in and the jets hit him in the chest. But somehow the pain felt good. Like he could feel the desperation of his opponent in the blow. He refused to let go of the arms, but moved with a force opposite the jets. In his head, he just kept repeating the mantra of victory, using the goal to distract him from the pain. In his head, he began to form a plan...
blind_dead_mcjones

kydan's eyes narrowed in frustration, no matter how hard he pulled the enemy just refused to let go, adding to his woes was pop ups informing him that the propellant reserves were down to 40%, taking a deep breath he decided to change tactics, if his opponent wanted didn't want him to move uninhibited then that was fine with him

first he drew the knives out of the legion gundam's forearms as best he could, he re-angled the blades with his thumbs and stabbed again, this time aiming for the weakest part of any arm, the elbow joints. pulling one of his legs away from his opponents chest he brought it up to about head level and then kicked, planting the sole square against the other gundams face and pushing with all his might, grinning as he heard the satisfying sound of the neck joint groaning in protest, then as a finisher he put all his weight forward and fired the back boosters, pushing the pair backwards towards the cavern wall.
Flag Fighter for life!
Inferno

Marcus let go the moment the knives shifted, letting him and Kydan break apart falling back. Marcus in particular pushed himself back with great force, so he fell and landed on his back...

...right near his dropped beam saber. "Uncle Adam, I've got my saber, and I have enough energy. Permission to use DdB?"

Meanwhile in the control booth, Adam Caligulas pulled out the activation key for the Legion Gundam's most powerful attack and inserted in the corresponding slot. "Permission granted Marcus. Just say the activation phrase Dante wrote and you should be able to use it."

"Uncle Adam, did I ever tell you how much of a dramatic ham your son is?"

"Just say it."

"All right, all right." Marcus cleared his throat and stood up, raising the saber above his head. "Meus nomen est Marcus. MARCUS CALIGULAS. EGO SUM MUCRO UT ADHAERO VALDE MALUM!"

At once, the saber grew to be three times its normal length and width. It was massive, and the Gundam needed both hands to hold it. With a mighty roar, Marcus leaped forward at his opponent, bringing the massive blade down on him.
blind_dead_mcjones

caught by the surprise of marcus suddenly letting go, the Hamidiya gundam catapaulted backwards, despite this kydan managed to land the gundam on his feet, now that he had some distance he dropped the knives and whipped the beam rifle out, I have you now.

before he could pull the trigger, marcus yelled out something in latin, confusing kydan for second, his eyes then widened as the beam sabre marcus had recovered ignited, the blade expanding out far beyond its usual length, he immedately tried to dive to one side, firing the beam rifle on full auto, unfortunately he was a fraction too slow, the blade bisected the hamidiya's head and cut the right arm off, sending it and the beam rifle it was holding spiraling somewhere into the caverns and the hamidiya landed unceremoniously on the ground, unmoving

inside the cockpit, kydan was enraged, furious at his humiliating defeat to the point that it almost blocked the pain out, moreso it dawned on him that the name caliguas seemed strangely familiar, when he figured out where he had first come across that last name, he slipped into a state of strange tranquility, the only thing betraying his anger being the faint spitle gathering in the corners of his mouth
Flag Fighter for life!
Inferno

"Illic est nusquam meus mucro non incidere." Marcus proclaimed the de-activation phrase and the saber immediately returned to its normal size. He turned to acknowledge his opponent, saluting him with a raised sword gesture before walking away.