Super Robot Wars L

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Wingnut

Re: Super Robot Wars L

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

*Looks at vid* Looks like they're reusing enemies from previous handheld titles. The only "new" mook I see among the previous series is that big fortress from Steel God Jeeg, although it could be the Mazinkaiser version of Demonika, I can't really tell.

As for the new guys it looks like Macross Frontier is getting everything adapted to it, Iczer looks to be the same although I haven't seen Iczer 3 and I have yet to see Big Gold, Nova, a Cthuloid, any of the Fujis, or Iczer 2's guyver-oid lackies, with Dancouga Nova I only see it and R-Daigun meaning they might not have actual mooks save maybe Original Dancouga, I have yet to see Linebarrels so I don't know about it, and for Rebuild it looks like everything from 1.0 is in with Units 02 and 05 and Kushiel from the beginning of 2.0.

And poor Combattler and Voltes get nothing.
hitokirigarou

DuelGundam2099 wrote:The only "new" mook I see among the previous series is that big fortress from Steel God Jeeg, although it could be the Mazinkaiser version of Demonika, I can't really tell.
The one that Mazinkaiser destroys near the beginning? That's the Taikaenguu from Koutetsuhin Jeeg. It's not new since it was in SRW K.

I just noticed Kaikink, the Gaiking using substandard parts from episode 32-33.
DuelGundam2099

The one that Mazinkaiser destroys near the beginning? That's the Taikaenguu from Koutetsuhin Jeeg. It's not new since it was in SRW K.
I should have known.

Oh well, maybe we'll get some SEED/Destiny suit variations. Maybe. Only thing new from previous series I can imagine at this point.
ZeraX

seems to me this version is a combination of W and K,
aside from the new ones, all the other casts are exist in W or K, and Gundam Wing still EW not the TV series.
anyway i'm not interesting by any of the new cast, but still hope to be a better version than K, which i believe it's SRT's Biggest Failure along with the OG games (not The RPG).
ZeraX

seems to me this version is a combination of W and K,
aside from the new ones, all the other casts are exist in W or K, and Gundam Wing still EW not the TV series.
anyway i'm not interesting by any of the new cast, but still hope to be a better version than K, which i believe it's SRT's Biggest Failure.
DuelGundam2099

^Failure in quality or popularity? 'Cause I haven't seen anyone mention Compact 3, 64, Game Cube/Xbox, or Neo around here; hell, I haven't even seen names on the main site for the latter of the two and Gates of Magnus has nothing on the ones from Neo.
Bonesy!

Eh, because nobody's brought up 64 in any of the threads I've been in until now. 64 is bar none my favorite pre-Alpha SRW. I need to play the Compact games one of these days aside from doing a few missions.
Mu La Flaga

You know if want your welcome to dig up the SRW thread if wanted to post in that on that game more.
Wingnut

Ah, so Klan gets her Pixie squad attack much like Cagalli (and Mu in the Strike) could get the Astray girls as a combo attack. That or they are regular playable pilots/mechs and that's a standard combo attack.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

Super Robot Wars walkthrough guru from YouTube FlamingGnats apparently got it today and apparently we've got two different prologues:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0K6_bvMM1o&feature=sub

And it looks like Macross Frontier gets dibs on starting things off, although I think I see whatshername from Iczer 1 among the people talking. Looks like it's just Messiah units against the Vajra (more large types than small types for some reason) and....... holy crap, VOLTES V! Dang, that thing's got some armor on it compared to everything else. I also never thought I would hear good versions of Macross Frontier's soundtrack.

Edit: If what I read at GameFAQs is correct this is basically the setup:
Spoiler
World 1: Most series mentioned
World 2: Macross Frontier with Iczer 3 and Combattler V, although Voltes V space folded fifty years into the future to the "present" of that world.......... Yeah.

Parallel world caused by the events at the end of Iczer 1 in all likelihood.
Mu La Flaga

Interesting someone got hold of it early, one of my mates is playing the ROM of it right now, he couldn't wait 4-7 days more for it to come out. :P

I am curious to hear more as some people will start covering every inch of the game and finding out info and secrets in the game.
Mu La Flaga

So just to knock the thread up for good reason.
So has anyone's pre-order shipped out early?
Mine did today from playasia on it's way by Fedex postage.
DuelGundam2099

Two Banpresto original bosses revealed with their powers (but no names?)! Open the link at your own risk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8uFeBJxX1Q
Mu La Flaga

So my copy arrived today and have started to play it already.
Take me a while to get used to the sideways menu being like Alpha Gaiden and Alpha used to it for command choices during encounters.
DuelGundam2099

Okay, after watching FlamingGnats vids I'm now questioning something (it's Rebuild of Eva related)
Spoiler
Are the angels making alliances? Because it looked like Sachiel was in cahoots with the Haniwa Empire from Steel God Jeeg and Shamshel allowed machines possessed by mimetic beasts from Godannar to assist it.
Vent Noir

Got my copy of this yesterday.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Mattokaiser

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Okay, after watching FlamingGnats vids I'm now questioning something (it's Rebuild of Eva related)
Spoiler
Are the angels making alliances? Because it looked like Sachiel was in cahoots with the Haniwa Empire from Steel God Jeeg and Shamshel allowed machines possessed by mimetic beasts from Godannar to assist it.
That's something very interesting indeed. I honestly don't know because I haven't managed to get myself up to that point in the game yet. Though if what you are saying is the case then that would be the first time this has happened in a SRW game and a very new and fresh concept for Eva.

I do like that unlike in most SRW that eva has appeared in, you actually do get to fight the angels as normal bosses. I still remember playing MX and having most of the angels appear defeated through events. It made the events resemble those of the show but at the same time it wasn't very fun from a gameplay perspective.
Spoiler
I've also read some people who have translated part of the game saying that there is mention that in the Macross Frontier world, the aerogators/balmar and Inspectors/Zuvorg had been encountered but unlike in their respective games the encounters were peaceful. If this translation is correct, it's very interesting that they have linked this game to some of the other major stories in SRW history.
I must say even though Banpresto has been using the multiple world concept to allow them to include a lot of unusual shows together in SRW, I still find myself loving this idea. From what I've seen, its allowed them to include Iczer 1 and 3 at the same time as well as bring Macross Frontier to earth without it being a really forced idea. Since this earth is still a foreign Earth to the one in their original timeline. I really do hope that L has a direct sequal because from what I have heard about the story and some of the series involved, there has been a bit left open in the ending to allow for a follow up. Also I believe that SRW has been long over due for a sequal to a game and if handled right it could be a very refreshing SRW with seeing what series return and what new series they have in store for the sequal. Perhaps even including series that have multiple dimensions or parrallel worlds as part of their story like the RahXephon movie.

As for the game itself, I have thoroughly enjoyed what I have played. The tweeks to the partner system have been fantastic. Also at first I was a little skeptical about the removal of Parts but with them being replaced by partner bonus's to a similar effect has really added new depths to the strategy of the game. No longer are there any units that are going to be side benched because they have no use because every unit now has a purpose. Also I have noticed that to balance and emphasis the use of the Partner system, each unit has stricter terrain ratings. Almost all units have a B rank for water now, making water combat extremely undesirable and most supers have a B rank for space, making space missions a disaster for supers unless you pair them up with a unit that gives them an A rank in space. Also another change i found was interesting was the full upgrade bonuses being increases to the partner bonuses as opposed to allowing the player to choose the stat upgrades. It seems that everything in this game is based around encouraging the player to use partners. While there still an incentive to send out single units with the action combo system still in place, it has been scaled back from K and is a little overshadowed by the benefits that partners do offer.

I'm very interested to hear what others on this board think about this game?

Also does anyone have information about the original story in this game?
Protecting the Earth Sphere from the Zeon since 0079.