famous people who like anime?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Jaynz

Re: famous people who like anime?

Going by the collection shown in the Star Trek movie series BluRay interviews, Walter Koenig is an insane anime fan, with a few hundred DVDs in clean view, along with a huge amount of action figures and robots from various toylines (including Transformers, Robotech/Macross and Gundam)
vindKtiv

Lupe Fiasco is a pretty big fan of anime, and even shouts them out.

I don't think this is a good thing, but Soulja Boy also is a fan of anime.
Dark Duel

Shea wrote:The music video for Linkin Park's Somewhere I Belong shows two Gundam models in it.
Speaking of Linkin Park, I saw on Z-C forums that apparently they will be performing The Catalyst, the theme song for the new videogame Gundam Extreme VS, the single for which features the GP-01Fb on the cover and which will be bundled with a HGUC GP-01Fb sporting a custom black-and-white paint scheme designed by the band members.

So yeah, they're at least Gundam fans.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
TetraVaal

Neill Blomkamp, the director of District 9 is a big anime film, as well as other renowned directors like James Cameron and Wachowski brothers.
heat hawk

Goerge Lucas

Tod Mcfarlen
Dark Duel

Dunno whether it counts as "famous people", but Mary Jo Duffy(a comic book writer/editor for the old Marvel Star Wars comics way back in the day) is apparently also a fan, as she created a species named after Go Nagai, the mangaka who gave us Mazinger Z.
TetraVaal wrote:Wachowski brothers.
Given how not a few artistic and tech elements of The Matrix are more than just a bit reminescent of Ghost in the Shell, I'm not all that surprised.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
heat hawk

stan lee supposedly
TetraVaal

heat hawk wrote:stan lee supposedly
Bones recently animated his giant robot series, Heroman.
ZeroBusterXX

TetraVaal wrote:
heat hawk wrote:stan lee supposedly
Bones recently animated his giant robot series, Heroman.
Not to mention ULTIMO that he did with Hiroyuki Takei and that new thing he's doing with some member of X Japan and some rapper.

Stan Lee also loved the 70's Spider-Man tokusatsu show. Or so he said in an interview at least. But who doesn't love that one, am I right?
TheGoose

Stan Lee also loved the 70's Spider-Man tokusatsu show. Or so he said in an interview at least. But who doesn't love that one, am I right?
It was certainly way better than the crappy 1970's American Spider-man show.