Stig Zeon!

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
raijinz

Stig Zeon!

In the wake of Ben Collins announcement as The Stig, and subsequent firing from the BBC, I thought I'd post a link to something I did on my blog BEFORE I knew what went down! Soul Bro and Neo might get a kick out of this! ^_^

http://roytecx.blogspot.com/2010/08/stig-zeon.html

Any thought on the next Stig?
Last edited by raijinz on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
Murra

Re: Stig Zeon!

There's still the very likely alternative that there were a number drivers who played the stig.

All I can wonder is who'd get the faster lap time in the RX-78...
raijinz

That's pretty much what I thought. The Stig is not one man, but an idea, a construct, a concept. You can remove/kill the man, but the idea is much bigger, and therefore cannot be killed! Kinda like James Bond.

I imagined that somewhere there is a production line/warehouse that contains a whole load of Stigs hung up by robotic arms. When there is demand for a new Stig, one arm lowers the next one down and activates it, while the rows of other Stigs slide along one place!
////////////////
SNT1

I don't want them to kill white Stig like they did the black Stig because unlike the latter, the former has become more iconic and recognizable. If anything they can just go on and continue with the white Stig.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
raijinz

SNT1 wrote:I don't want them to kill white Stig like they did the black Stig because unlike the latter, the former has become more iconic and recognizable. If anything they can just go on and continue with the white Stig.
I hope so too! Top Gear just wouldn't feel right without him...
////////////////
Genese Gundam

That Char custom Stig reminds me alot of Commie Stig (from the deleted scenes of the Vietnam Special). Does it do a test lap three times faster? :)

I think they will do one of three things: Introduce a new Stig (probably in a dark blue or union jack colours), have an 'I am Spartacus' moment when the show returns (sort of alluded to already, as James May rubbished Collins' claims and said that he was the eStig on a radio show a few months ago...) or they might get rid of the Stig altogether and introduce a new tame racing driver (also alluded to by Clarkson and producer Andy Wilman...I hope not though...). Or alternatively, they'll get a Stig from Poland to come over and do the job.
I think Clarkson's non-PC-ness is rubbing off in me.. :shock:

I wonder if the Gundam universe has tame test pilots for mobile suits? I mean, they can't all be carrot hating, immature people that shout "GATO!" at every oppurtunity, right?
My Stop Motion Animation Videos!

'I wear a Fez now. Fezzes are cool.'
raijinz

Genese Gundam wrote:I wonder if the Gundam universe has tame test pilots for mobile suits? I mean, they can't all be carrot hating, immature people that shout "GATO!" at every oppurtunity, right?
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mysterious masked tame test pilot running round somewhere in Gundam, or any other mecha show for that matter.

They could almost do a kind of "Samus Aran" situation where everyone thinks the pilot is a man, but is actually a woman in disguise. That might be the ONLY way a Gundam show could have a female lead!
////////////////
QuessParaya

(Yay, late to the party)

I love all the Stig variants, like the American Lorry-Driving Stig, etc.

As for Gundam Stig...

Some say, that he doesn't need a space suit, all he needs is pot noodle and a helmet to eat it out of...
Eamus Catuli

HEJA BVB
Hyakushiki

Some say, that he once ate a whole pineapple salad, kissed his girlfriend before heading off on a mission, then piloted a Zudah into combat... and lived!

And that he once beat Master Asia, Domon Kasshu, the Shuffle Alliance, Gai Shishio, Zengar Zonvolt, Koji Kabuto, and the Getter team in a slightly modified 1968 Ford Pinto.

All we know is, he's called The Stig!
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Geoxile

SNT1 wrote:I don't want them to kill white Stig like they did the black Stig because unlike the latter, the former has become more iconic and recognizable. If anything they can just go on and continue with the white Stig.
Wow...the racial themes here

I won't touch them.
raijinz

Geoxile wrote:
Wow...the racial themes here

I won't touch them.
Are you serious? The Stig is just a suit, not the man inside it. you do know that, right?

What he said has absolutely NOTHING to do with racism. Please do some research on "The Stig" before continuing to comment in this thread.
////////////////
raijinz

New Stig will be bred

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... -farm.html

I would've posted this sooner, but I was busy submitting stuff to Neo's News...
////////////////
Robo Jason Mk1

Re: New Stig will be bred

Can we get the 3x faster Red one? the Veron Super Sport would break the light barrier :)