Superman Movie Reboot to be directed by Zack Synder

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
TheGoose

Superman Movie Reboot to be directed by Zack Synder

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=28665

I don't know what to feel or what to think from this accouncement. I enjoyed 300 and Watchmen, but I don't know if he'd be good for Superman. If he ends up making the film in the end, it should be very interesting.
Dark Duel

Re: Superman Movie Reboot to be directed by Zack Synder

I think almost anybody could do a better job than Bryan Singer did, so I'm not too upset.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I give more props to Synder for 300 than for Watchmen cause in my opinion, pulp/action movies suit him better. So I'm not sure of him taking on Supes, the last boyscout. Despite what the article says, I thought Bryan Singer did a good job with the last movie. But I guess we shall see what we shall see.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Mu La Flaga

I'm not too surprised this happened.
And with the way he handled Watchmen, I reckon he can probably do a good job.

We shall have to wait and see.
MrMarch

Although I consider Watchmen a failure, it was an interesting failure. Snyder did the best he could with that material considering he's not the type of director that matched something like Watchmen. I feel most of the blame lands upon the studio for not securing the original directors they had attached to the project. That said, I like Zack Snyder and his other films are really enjoyable flicks. However, I must say Christopher Nolan and Zack Snyder are one REALLY odd-ball team up. I wouldn't have put those two together on a film. But better those two handle Superman than some Hollywood nightmare like Brett Ratner with Tony Scott :)
TheGoose

If there's anything I'm hoping for in this film is that they don't make Superman some crazy anti-hero. I don't mind a darker story, but making Superman an anti-hero completely ruins what makes Superman so great as a hero. He always tries to do the right thing and won't compromise his principles for the safety of the world and everyone in it.

For the villain who might appear in the film, I'm hoping they won't put Lex Luthor or General Zod in it. Lex Luthor has been in pretty much in all the films (except for Superman 3, but consdiering that the main villain was just a knock-off of Luthor I might as well count him) and General Zod would just be repeating things again. I know Superman doesn't have the best rogues gallery, but they're plenty of villains who could work (Brainiac, Bizarro, Darkseid, Metallo, Parasite, Mister Mxyzptlk, etc.) I'd guess that Brainiac is the villain most people would want to see considering he's Superman 2nd. greatest villain.