What TV series are you watching? (on TV, DVD, VHS, ect)

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Mu La Flaga

What TV series are you watching? (on TV, DVD, VHS, ect)

So since I couldn't find one I figured it was time to make a thread to post on whatever current series your watching on TV, DVD, VHS and just talk about it or even discuss them a little.

I will kick it off with Seaquest DSV, got the DVD sets for seasons 1 and 2.
I just watched the 1st disc today and it is still a good as I remember it all those years back.

2 out of 4 episodes were good.
1 being the 2 parte length pilot and the one where they discovered Alexandria's library and a bunch of artifacts relating to hummanity's history and the whole episode revolving around countries not going to war over said artifacts during negotiations.

It also surprises me how many members of the cast are nowadays deceased, despite that still a good watch.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Duel

Re: What TV series are you watching? (on TV, DVD, VHS, ect)

Only TV shows I'm watching these days are White Collar and Rizzoli & Isles.
I love White Collar because Peter and Neil, the main characters, have such a fascinating relationship - Neil's a professional con artist/thief/forger, Peter's the FBI agent who arrested him(twice)...and now they're working together. And they get along great, which is the funny part.

Rizzoli & Isles I originally started watching out of curiosity and because Donnie Wahlberg was in it. I kept watching because Rizzoli, one of the main characters, is just great. And Isles is a lot of fun when she's not being an uptight upper-class P.I.T.A.
Mu La Flaga wrote:I will kick it off with Seaquest DSV, got the DVD sets for seasons 1 and 2.
I just watched the 1st disc today and it is still a good as I remember it all those years back.
Oh, wow. I remember watching that when I was about eight years old. It was a great show - though supposedly the later seasons kinda sucked.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Mu La Flaga

Season 2 had slight cast changes.
Season 3 pretty much all of the cast was changed/swapped.

So it got worse later yeah.
I got the first 2 seasons to see for myself though.
1-4-4

Mu La Flaga wrote:Season 2 had slight cast changes.
Season 3 pretty much all of the cast was changed/swapped.
The cast, the setting, the entire premise and nature of the show...

Actually, though, I think the "2032" cast changes were pretty minor. The main thing was bringing in Michael Ironside in place of Roy Scheider as the captain.

One of the strange little quirks about that show that sticks out in my mind, looking back, is the Seaquest was destroyed, twice, and brought back. First it was conveniently replaced with a newly-constructed, identical ship, then it was mysteriously repaired and returned to Earth after apparently being destroyed and taking most everybody on board with it...

Back to the original topic: presently watching through new-series "Doctor Who" again, on season 4 right now. Also enjoying "Wallace and Gromit" spinoff "Shaun the Sheep", and occasional doses of "Ren & Stimpy", "Beavis and Butthead", and "Futurama".
Mu La Flaga

So just now watched another disk of Seaquest with 4 episodes on it all interesting and good.
Wedge14

whats a VHS??? is it like a laser disc???
I recently got Season 6 of the office. New season starts soon!!!

Does anyone watch parks and recreation? I heard it's similar, but would someone who likes the office enjoy it the same?

Does hockey count as TV??? Preseason starts tonight! =D I decided to go all out and order the NHL package. It's expensive but the thought of being able to watch hockey pretty much everymoment of my existing life will make me sleep easier.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Dark Duel

Wedge14 wrote:whats a VHS??? is it like a laser disc???
Nope, though it dates back to about the same period (Laserdiscs were first marketed in 1978. VHS tapes were first marketed by JVC in 1976).
VHS is an analog videotape.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VHS
:? Christ, that question makes me feel old - I still remember buying movies on VHS.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
liubei013

@DD: I think he was being sarcastic. xD

And yeah, I have the first season of Seaquest as well. Man, I wish shows nowadays had that same level of exploratory wonder, with the mix of military/political machinations in-between. And I remember the second season got really weird and it went all military by the third. (and any charm the first season had was completely blown out of the water, pun intended)

@topic: Hmm...I just finished my season 2 DVD set for Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. Pretty good stuff, except the weird finale.

Also started watching Surviving the Cut on Discovery channel. Recent episode was about final testing for a EOD (Explosives Ordinance Disposal) Navy team.

And watched the Pats get trumped by the Jets. >.<
Strike105

For the past few months, I've been watching Doctor Who on BBCA. Of course I knew about the show's existance for as long as I can remember, but before, I was one of those people who decided that it didn't look like the type of show that I could get into before I really saw anything.

My cousin told me that he had seen a couple of episodes, and recommended it to me. I thought this was odd, mostly because it was unlike him to watch a show like this and like it, so I gave it a watch, and I got hooked.

Of course I am talking about the renewed series, but I am really wanting to see more of the older episodes from the original run. Unfortunately, from what I have been reading, many of the episodes from the 60's and early 70's were destroyed, which is a shame, because even the few Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker episodes from the original run that I have seen have been pretty enjoyable.
Antares

IT Crowd, but that's done now (4 seasons). Or there might be a fifth.
Checking up "Black Books", since it has both Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey. Hasn't been terribly good yet.
If I want quality guys' fun, then it is "Deadliest Warrior". :mrgreen:
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Mu La Flaga

Disk 3 of Seaquest DSV, enjoying this series alot as it goes on.

Also noted some of the guest stars.
Roscoe Lee Browne, Mark Hammil and David McCallum.
SNT1

I Netflix all my stuff.

The Office. Season 7 starts tonight I believe, gunna be awesome.

Marathoned the Avatar: Last Airbender after seeing the movie

Also, Travel Channel: Bizarre Foods, No Reservations, Man v. Food.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
TetraVaal

Breaking Bad, The Whitest Kids U'Know, and Hung are the only shows I've been following since day one.

I truly believe that Breaking Bad is the best show on television right now. It just gets better with each season.
Wedge14

Dark Duel wrote:
Wedge14 wrote:whats a VHS??? is it like a laser disc???
Nope, though it dates back to about the same period (Laserdiscs were first marketed in 1978. VHS tapes were first marketed by JVC in 1976).
VHS is an analog videotape.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VHS
:? Christ, that question makes me feel old - I still remember buying movies on VHS.
Dark duel! I think you need to get your sarcasm radar looked at :P hahaha

Oh yeah and TBZ reminded me, i used to watch WKUK I just get the dvds now cause i'm old and can't stay up that late. And the office season premiere had me wowed!!! ERIN DATING GABE!!!! OMG LIEK HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!!!!!!! WOWZORS!

EDIT: Much to my embarrassment it appears that TetraVaal reminded me that i watched Whitest Kids U know....not TBZ. Silly me.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Mu La Flaga

Only 2 more disks on season 1 set to go.
The first season has had pretty good episodes most of the time.
Wingnut

Watching a show on CN for the first time in a long time. The new Sym-Botic Titan. (Fridays at 8pm eastern) Not bad after only two episodes. The male lead, Lance, being a bodyguard for the female lead/princess-in-hiding-from-the-evil-usurper makes Sousuke's protection of Kaname look normal by comparison. Fortunately, he already has a moment that shows he isn't a total jackass and that there's room for him to grow as a character, so I'll be sticking with it.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mu La Flaga

So from attempted political assasinations.
To dealing with a war criminal through a Dolphin.

This series always keeps me interested in it's own ways.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Been watching some movies on the amc channel lately, from Dirty Harry to Death Wish to What's Love Got to Do With It. I've also caught the season premiere of Hell's Kitchen. The rest is MS IGLOO online, and Xam'd, Gintama and Ghost Hound on the Anime Network.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Mu La Flaga

To Geentically Enginereed humans, to finding an alien spaceship underwater.
To saving the world from an eccological disaster, the first season of Seaquest DSV is over.
Next up I will probably watch an anime series.
But will then go on to season 2 of Seaquest.
Dark Duel

G-Slayer wrote:Been watching some movies on the amc channel lately, from Dirty Harry.
Oh man, the Dirty Harry movies are awesome. Except The Dead Pool, though it's kinda cool if you're a fan of Jim Carrey and/or Liam Neeson, as both appear in that movie.

Ahem...Other'n that, I marathoned Macross Frontier last week, and hafta say it's a lot more fun to watch if you've seen the original, as I had not the first time I watched it. Especially episode 17.

In terms of non-anime TV series, I'm watching NCIS off and on, mainly because most of the shows I regularly watch are actually not currently airing. I like NCIS a lot, but I find it highly formulaic in terms of how the story plays out and generally pretty predictable, so I don't watch it too often because I get tired of it otherwise.

Other than that, I'm thinking of going back and rewatching Family Guy again, haven't watched that in months.