Another Century's Episode R

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Wingnut

Re: Another Century's Episode R

Shinji103 wrote:
DuelGundam2099 wrote:Look what I found on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCDkjZT726c

Bonta-Kun takes out two 60 foot bots (Banpresto ACE: R originals?) and everyone's reaction, well, see for yourself. BTW is the mech at 1:45 the new original?
I totally balled over when I saw that was an actual cnimea sequence from the game. :lol:

I stopped watching after Bonta-kun busted up those mechs though to avoid possibly spoiling the game too much.
The clip doesn't really. Mainly everyone is in various states of awe/shock at Bonta-kun save for Ryusei who correctly identifies it as a "Powered Suit", which Souske confirms. One of the original characters has an "interesting" reaction to Bonta-kun as well.
And of course the not-A-Team-theme as the BGM puts the icing on the cake.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

AmuroNT1 wrote:Supposedly, the hidden units are starting to come out of the woodwork. CCA's is Hi-Nu, while Geass gets the Lancelot Frontier, Zangetsu, and the original Lancelot and Guren Mk-II. Frontier gets the König Monster.
***K YES, Hi-Nu! About dang time. :) I'm still hoping to see the Gawain as a hidden unit, but with four other hidden units from Code Geass found already, it doesn't seem likely. :(
DuelGundam2099

Well, someone just uploaded the last battle of Macross Frontier on YouTube and
Spoiler
Super Dimension Lifeform Vajra and the Macross Galaxy are confirmed. Sadly, it doesn't look like you really fight either of them, although Konig Monster has a shining moment of awesomeness against the Galaxy.
AmuroNT1

So, some of the hidden units have been revealed. On the whole, they're disappointing.

CCA: Hi-Nu
Crossbone: X1 (the original, not Kai)
FMP: Sosuke's M9 Gernsback
Geass: Guren Mk-II, Lancelot, Lancelot Air Cavalry, Lancelot Frontier
Macross Zero: VF-0S (Roy's unit, piloted by Shin)
Macross Frontier: König Monster, Armored Clan (no, seriously: http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9293 ... 632556.jpg)
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
quasadra

some are disappointing. but no big deal really. as the normal rooster is quite good already. cheers for Lancelot Air Cavalry, my favorite Lancelot variant. more Hi-Nu action is always welcome, even its plays the same as Nu(which i can see why it dont sit well with some people). and lets face it, we all knew ARX-8 wont be included. Armored Klan is in Ultimate Frontier as well, hilarity ensues. no SV-51, but i can live with tat. :mrgreen:

my copy should arrive some time next week.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
DuelGundam2099

Armored Clan (no, seriously: http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9293 ... 632556.jpg)
What the? Is that a joke character?
Armored Klan is in Ultimate Frontier
That explains it since the main site has like no info on it......... Seriously though, what?

On another note, here's a vid featuring Aquarion in action, I have to say they somehow managed to nail the feel of it's super speed down; nothing spoilery until Cherubim Iskuron shows up. Oh yeah, and Cherubim Blumeblatts are confirmed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrFj6SbG2co
Spoiler
MUGEN CROSS!
Edit: Destroy Gundam's a confirmed boss (with Strike Dagger Ls and an Agamemnon class ship), yes it's spoilery, watch at your own risk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjvW5LFk9LU

I have no idea what Infinite Justice is slashing up, anyone know?
Wingnut

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Edit: Destroy Gundam's a confirmed boss (with Strike Dagger Ls and an Agamemnon class ship), yes it's spoilery, watch at your own risk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjvW5LFk9LU

I have no idea what Infinite Justice is slashing up, anyone know?
For the space shot when it first shows up, it's a Jet Windam. (In space, I know. :roll: ) In the desert, it's Hi-Zacks (green suits) and Marasai's (the red ones) from Zeta Gundam.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
AmuroNT1

And Crossbone's second hidden unit has been confirmed as Full Cloth. At least it's got enough going for it to be different from X1...
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
DuelGundam2099

I wonder if Aquarion got any secret units like Cherubim Mars or Aquarion Angel. I'm also wondering if the Octos from Macross Zero got in or the Codarls from FMP.
Wingnut

DuelGundam2099 wrote:I'm also wondering if the Octos from Macross Zero got in or the Codarls from FMP.
The latter would have to be a boss unit if it did get in. And if so, then you-know-who would be driving it.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

Garon was the first antagonist of the Full Metal Panic so I don't see why one of his Codarls and he wouldn't be in.

Oh and Mugen PUUUUUUUUUNCH! It doesn't look too spoilery, but watch at your own risk. Only other thing after that punch was the Macross Quarter killing a bunch of mooks with the Macross Cannon.
DuelGundam2099

I apologize for double posting but....

Bonta-Kun game play!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz13XRUbSEs

It along with Infinite Justice and Strike Freedom take on a horde of Cherubim Soldiers and....... Graves? Well, at least Grave isn't a complete mook and if what ANT1 said is true he does get one level to itself.

Oh yeah, Cherubim Iskuron being defeated THAT easily!? What? Really? No way! :P

Hope you Bonta-Kun fans liked it.
Outlaw

huh??
Are they actually considering this? Maybe Gamestop is going to dabble in imports? Did they just slap this on the site without realizing what it is?

I'm going with that last one. When I saw this I knew I had to post it, even if only for novelty's sake.
and on the remote, unlikely chance that it does happen I can say I saw it coming...
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
DuelGundam2099

If Banpresto is really doing this it might work. What? Think of it:

Code Geass: Did extremely well here and followed up on with one of the biggest anime fan bases (or at least in the US).

Full Metal Panic: Was very well received by real robot fans, the blu-ray release of the entire series adds to it. That's also not counting Bonta-kun who's premier cinematic got 36,000+ views:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCDkjZT726c

Zeta/SEED Destiny: Gundam fans, 'nough said. Even Bandai thought the US has a solid fanbase here. Plus Crossbone Gundam would be a treat since it never got a US said release.

Aquarion: Did well enough that FUNimation has it on their YouTube channel.

SRW OG: Cybuster was the first Banpresto original not counting Mecha Gilgilgan, as far as I can tell Gespenst Mark 3 Riese is considered a fan favorite, and ART-1, well, it has Ryusei. Basically it'll attract some fans.

Macross Zero/Frontier: There are fans of the original series and Plus, not to mention the few that liked Macross 2 and the first movie. There's also the few that actually watched Zero and/or Frontier. Safe tosay it'll attract some folks.

Orguss: Maybe it could be like Marth and Roy from Super Smash Brothers Melee in which it's franchise has had no stateside release?
blind_dead_mcjones

in other news, an unexpected addition to the game

behold, nineball seraph from Armored core: master of arena
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya7RcExx ... re=related
Flag Fighter for life!
Outlaw

Wow, I'm guessing backpedaling+machine gun doesn't work on this iteration.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
quasadra

he is a push over with Arbalest in lamda driver mode. then again, all Seasons is a push over in front of Arbalest.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Murra

So I'm trying to play this game now but the opening levels are such a god damn drag it's unbelievable.

I played ACE 2 a long long time ago and I'm sure I remembered it being more exciting than this.

The first mission of Full Metal Panic is particularly awful. You spend so long trying to dodge stuff and get around the horrible rate on the shotgun then you have to shoot the behemoth fruitlessly to charge up your lambda drive so you can then repeat the charge up again only to have the computer refute the validity of your shots..
Ranseur

Does anyone know if this game will come out in europe?
Nobody calls Soundwave uncrazimatic!
AceWhatever

Licensing issues prevent it from coming out pretty much anywhere outside of Japan.