4GFFG: Round One: Neo Scotland Neo Pakistan

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wedge14

4GFFG: Round One: Neo Scotland Neo Pakistan

The ninth match of the finals is broadcast live on BBC One in partnership with local Neo Scottish presenters. Excited to kick off the finals with constant coverage of the fighters from the British Isles, the BBC is one of the premier stations working in Neo Luxembourg. The pair in the booth calling the fight are former pro soccer players and current sports talking heads, hosts of their own high velocity weekly radio program, Daglers and Gray. The arena randomly selected for this match is the Volcano.

"Hello! And welcome to Neo Scotland versus Neo Pakistan! I'm your host, Andy Gray!"
"And I'm your other host, Ian Daglers! Hey!"
"The normal programming scheduled for this time slot, 'Firebombs: Pro & Con' and 'Neo Scotland's Soccer Team - Great On Paper, Crap On Grass!' can be found on BBC Two."
"Alright, let's get down to business, because I'm steamin' piss drunk, and I'm gonna be sick!"
"Hey!"
"Ohhh, I'm hummin'! And, besides, I've got a court appearance in, oh... 43 minutes."
"Hey, what did you do this time?"
"It was during the Neo Scotland-Neo Denmark match. Evidently, I somehow threw a live jaguar onto the field, 'cause of a disupted penalty kick."
"There aren't penalty kicks in the Gundam Fight, Ian."
"I KNOW YA' WEE GIRL!"
"Alright, let's get this show on the road, 'cause I've quite a face on and I'm gonna start chundering like a snowblower! Kelvin MacCleod is gunna bash Samiir Rana's face in, mark it down."
"The Supahi Gundam is actually pretty tricky, Andy. It might give the Highlander a wee bit a trouble."
"Well we're about to find out, because both fighters have been cleared to enter the Volcano, which by the way is hot as shite even though there's no lava! Figure that one out, sonny jim!"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
teleute

Re: 4GFFG: Round One: Neo Scotland Neo Pakistan

Samiir's Supahi Gundam entered the arena with a noticeably confident gait. The Neo Pakistani fighter was immensely happy with the randomly picked arena. With the heat so high, he hardly had to prep his smoke generator or his shield.

"Hopefully the divine has fated victory for me today," he thought while he looked for his opponent and unsheathed his Khanda, a giant replica of the weapon carried with him at all times.
Wedge14

Fashionably late and arriving accompanied by the tune of bagpipes the Highlander gundam finally makes an appearance at it's match up. It wasn't clear why Macleod and his gundam were so late either. Possibly a tactic used by the Neo Scotland team to unnerve their opponent.

The Scottish fighter grips his rather oversized sword and makes a mental note about the heat. Arching his knees and gripping the sword with two hands eager to start the match Kelvin Macleod gets things rolling"

"Ay.....best of luck to ya lad! GUNDAAAAAAM FIGHT READY????????"

teleute

Responding to his opponent's question and finishing the traditional battle cry, Samiir said with a monotone voice underling a meditative calm, "Go." In a flash, the Neo Pakistani fighter started rushed towards the Highlander Gundam with his shield held forward. Hiding his head from view, the Supahi Gundam was also inhaling from it's smoke generator.

Before reaching Kelvin MacCleod, the Supahi Gundam exhaled and covered it's body entire with smoke, obscuring it's movements. It now looked like a running black cloud holding a shield. Nearing the Highlander Gundam, Samiir prepared to attack with his Khanda from over the shield, hoping the angle would catch his opponent off guard.
Wedge14

(I just realized i allowed a gundam that uses a hookah called the supahi gundam into the game. :mrgreen: )

"Whats with this trickery?"
Kelvin, raised an eyebrow at the weird advance, smog cloud or not he didn't really need to see exactly what he was swinging at, as long as he had a good idea his sword would be able to get the job done without having to be too precise. Hefting the relatively heavy sword behind his back and taking a big step forwards Macleod swung for the fences. The enormous sword felt like nothing Macleod was well trained with the weapon and his speed with the claymore was quite extraordinary.

teleute

(^_^ I tried to think of what I most remembered of my trips to Pakistan as a teen and the three non-scenery things that stood out most were cheap shopping, amazing mangos, and hookah cafes. I couldn't think of how to make a shopping Gundam, a mango Gundam would have been kinda lame, so the hookah Gundam was perfect. It also helps that I just got a hookah as a graduation gift!)

Hearing the impossibly heavy step of the Highlander Gundam, Samiir aborted his attack knowing that a heavy blow would be coming. Yet, there was an opening.

Falling on his back but maintaining his forward momentum, the Supahi Gundam slid through its opponent's legs after it made its wide step and cut through a cloud of smoke. Flipping up, the Supahi Gundam thrust forward the heat portion of his shield to burn his opponent's right arm.
Wedge14

(mango gundam woulda been badasssss!!!)

"!!!" Kelvin had swung for the fences and had came up short as the Supahi Gundam managed to slide between his machines legs. No doubt Samir probably learned the hardway what a real Scotsman wears under his kilt.

Still using the mometum from his powerful swing Macleod managed to pull a pretty quick 180. The brave Gaelic warrior took the attack right on the arm like it was nothing. The tough Neoscottish warrior was not going to let something superficial like the simulated pain he was suffering faze him. Following through with another horizontal sweep with his claymore Macleod was determined to either cleave his opponent in two, or keep him at bay.

teleute

(Could picture his sister having a Mango Gundam as backup and forcing her brother to fight in it as a last resort. I have no idea how such a Gundam would fight and not get squished some how. :mrgreen:)

"Very impressive," Samiir thought as the heated plate on the top of the shield hit the Highlander Gundam. There was was obvious damage but the fighter didn't even react to the scalding. "This was going to be a real battle."

Partially distracted by the Neo Scottish warrior's display of fortitude, Samiir almost forgot about the incoming attack and only brought up his shield at the last second. Not having good footing for the unexpected attack, the Supahi Gundam was thrown far back against the wall of the volcano.

Pained and feeling the need for more cover now that he was separated from his opponent again, Samiir yelled "Freedom of Prying Eyes" in Urdu and executed the maneuver he named. The Supahi Gundam took a massive pull from its hookah shield and started exhaling black smoke to cover the arena. Samiir thanked the divine for the heat, as it was helping his smoke generator along, and then started heating up his Khanda too, in preparation for his next attack.

The Neo Pakistani fighter turned towards the cameras, waved, and said, "Sorry, spectators," as he became obfuscated by the black clouds.
teleute

(It's been more than 48 hours and I have an itching to post. ^_^)

Through the the lack of light, the Supahi Gundam listened for any indicators of the Highlander Gundam. The sounds of pistons and the clash of foot steps gave the opponent away and Samiir quietly maneuvered behind his opponent. Behind his foe, Samiir appeared out of the the darkness and attacked his opponent's right arm with a strong horizontal swipe of his heated khanda, ready to sink back into the darkness before he believed his opponent could react.
Wedge14

(S'cool, i'm not really the neo scotland player ;) I'm not gonna throw the match though)

Completely at his opponent's mercy in the fog Macleod took a stinging hit to the right arm. The Neo Scottish warrior howled with pain and in a sudden surge of energy and anger, switched his sword to his left arm and rather efficiently swung right in the direction of his attacker.

Nervously checking his surroundings Macleod resisted the urge to call his opponent a coward. Carefully listening, Macleod was swinging in the direction of any kind of noise like a mad man.

teleute

(Good. I wouldn't want you too. Both for my own fun and for fairness to Arbiter. Gamers gotta game, yo.)

Relishing his hit, Samiir was staying completely still but he could not continue to do so indefinitely. While still obscured, Macleod's intense attacks were blowing away the smoke screen. Samiir could already see that the black cover was turning to gray.

After heating his Khanda to its brightest, Samiir threw the sword in a high arch over his opponent so that it would land behind him loudly and obviously. Hearing the sword catch in the ground, Samiir rushing his opponent again with the heated head of his hookah shield, hoping again to catch him off-balance.
Wedge14

Samiir actually had a pretty good plan, but made one mistake he might regret. Heating his Khanda to it's brightest allowed MaCleod even in his flurry, a good view of the projectile, as it traveled through the air. He had been hit by the thing earlier so he knew exactly what it was.

Macleod was able to see through the smoke just enough to see the Supahi gundam's charge. The Neo Scotsman sidestepped to the left and avoided the blow. "Oldest trick in the book laddy!" He declared rather proudly in his thick accent as he put both hands back on his sword and released a powerful strike with the bulky claymore.

teleute

Just barely pulling his shield up in time, Samiir blocked the Highlander Gundam's blade. However, the blow knocked the Neo Pakistani fighter over and came further still, crushing the Supahi Gundam under it's own shield until Samiir finally was able to roll away and back-flip up.

Out of breath and holding a sore arm, Samiir wished he could blow some more smoke en mass... but he needed a moment. "Ahhhhh... the wonders of the Mobile Trace System. Even if the machine can go on, it matters not if the flesh errs." He could still run though and that is what he did. The Supahi Gundam ran around the Highlander Gundam huffing and puffing in a circle, creating a small and temporary but still dark ring of smoke cover.

Holding his shield to cover him from MacCleod's last known location, Samiir then made a break for his Khanda. Fundamentally, the Neo Pakistani fighter believed this fight would boil down to sword vs sword.
Wedge14

Macleod let out a boisterous laugh after knocking down his opponent. He stood there and laughed some more as he ran circles around him. "You have pretty impressive lungs for a smoker!" The Neo Scotsman had had enough of all this trickery and nonsense.

"Why don't you turn all that off and fight me one on one. Man to man, or you can hide in your smoke."

teleute

After retrieving his khanda, Samiir walked through the ring of smoke to face MaCleod. Holding his blade and shield wide in his hands, he made a wide sweeping movement to blow away the remains of the smoke in the arena. He then calmly laid his hookah shield on the floor and turned on his fighter's shield-less mode.

He gestured to the Neo Scottish fighter to attack and said, "As you wish," in a stern voice before holding his blade forward to receive his opponent.

Though, before the battle could resume in full, Samiir had to interject in a chipper manner, breaking his warrior's demeanor, "Though hookahs are significantly less damaging to your lungs then other forms of tobacco. You try it sometime!"
Wedge14

Calving slowly swung his sword up right, his machine started to glow brightly gold as somekind of music started to flood the volcano from seemingly nowhere.

"You're a good laddy, but you're time is over" Macleod said with a furious roar as he charged forwards. His machine had entered overdrive mode and Calvin was anxious to finish this fight with one final blow.

His charge ended prematurely as the scotsman leapt through the air his giant claymore pulled behind. The flying scotsman came crashing to the ground and slammed his sword straight down with a blow that looked like it could cleave a skyscraper in two vertical halves.

teleute

Meeting his opponent head on with his khanda, Samiir pulled his sword up perpendicular to his opponent's descending weapon. The two fighter's swords met with a loud clash of metal and a flash. The two warrior's blades pressured each other but they seemed matched.

"Did you really think it would be that easy? Even though I don't glow, that doesn't mean I don't get stronger in this mode."

Samiir parried his opponent's sword to the side. His power was well matched with his opponent but the Neo Pakistani's arms were certainly sore after that attack and one blow could easily finish this fight. Launching forward, Samiir attempted to speed past his opponent's defenses after parrying by making a quick forward attack to skewer his opponent's arm.