4GFFG: Round One: Neo Israel Neo Italy

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Momaru

Re: 4GFFG: Round One: Neo Israel Neo Italy

"What is it? What do you need me to do?" Raphael responded doubfully because he couldnt controll his own gundam at the moment. He was desperately working to get the backup manual controlls online before they went kersplat. "I have a bad feeling about this..." Golda thought while watching the two gundams fall.
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
- Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Inferno

"OK, just try to follow me if you can get things working." Marcus shifted his body so that he was descending feetfirst. He could already see the ground now. "OK, if you can get into position, get ready to fire your jump-jets!" Was he sure about this? No. Did that mean he wasn't going to try? Nope.
Momaru

"Ok, I'll try and do that! I think I've almost got the backup controls online. You know this would of never happened if it wasn't for your damn gundam going berserk?" Raphael replied. A few moments of struggling later, both of the gundams were uncomfortably close to hitting the ground. " YESS!! This farcockt piece of junk gundam, I finally got it to work! All it took was a few good bangs and a reboot. Of course the control system response is down to 30%, but at least I can fire my thrusters again! Just give me the word when your ready!" Raphael said with enthusiasm as things were finally starting to look a little brighter.
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
Inferno

"We can talk about that when we land," Marcus grunted. To assume Marcus was upset about the DeM would be a gross understatement. He was furious that such a cheap mechanism could steal someone's victory out from under him. He wanted to win, not a machine. Of course, that wouldn't be a problem if this failed.

The Gundams soon neared the ground. Marcus had one chance, one split second standing between him and the high-speed dirt. One chance..

..and that chance was now. "FIRE EVERYTHING." Marcus let the Gundam blast every single jump-jet. It wasn't much, but at the time, it could slow the fall and let them land fine. He felt his Gundam crash down hard, and hoped everything would be OK...
Momaru

Raphael fired his thrusters at the same time as Marcus. Rapahel was jostled around in his cockpit when they landed, but otherwise he was fine. He worked the controls and released the Legion from the Maccabees deathgrip. The moment he did so the Maccabee gundam fell backward onto its ass. "Its probably a good thing the mobile trace system failed after all" Raphael said as his gundams legs suspension systems had been completely wrecked by the crash landing. Raphael grunted in pain as the fights injuries finally caught up with him and he was forced to sit down before he passed out from exhaustion. Through his blurry vision he could just make out the gundams' crews rushing in to retrieve the equipment and the pilot.
((Sorry I took so long to post this week has been crazy for me!))
Inferno

(OOC: Don't even get me started on my week of misery. @#%&ing high-school drama...)

Marcus grunted as he picked himself up. Every bone in his body was screaming right now, but he knew it could be a little while before he could get some sleep. First and foremost, he had a duty to his country's reputation. He opened the hatch and staggered out of his Gundam. He could see some pit crews coming to assess the damage. Uncle Louie is gonna freaking kill me for this...

He manged to make the leap over to the Neo-Israeli Gundam. He banged on thehatch, his kiuckles wanting to fall off. "Hey Neo Israel? You OK in there?" He was concerned for the health of his opponent, since he didn't know how strong that...

...whatever could be.
Momaru

Raphael saw Marcus leap over to his gundam and heard him bang on the hatch. He struggled to stand up, and "casually" lean against the wall of the cockpit to make himself seem like he was doing ok before opening the hatch. It simply wouldn't do to show his opponent any sign of weakness. "Yes, I'm fine. My gundams a bit worse for the wear though." The rescue crews had made it to the gundams by now and Rapahel's heart sunk as he could make out a very angry looking Golda among the crowd. He was sure to get a tongue lashing for wrecking the Maccabee.
Inferno

"Good to hear," Marcus said as he reached to shake the hand of his opponent. He got a little closer. "Look, I'm really upset that things turned out this way, you really should have won. What say I make it up to you the Neo Italian way by treating your crew to dinner? I've got some great chefs." Of course, Marcus knew that chances are, given the proximity of the control booths, Nero had done something to create international tension. But Marcus was sure it wouldn't be anything his tactful, pleasant, diplomatic cousin Dante couldn't fix...

(OOC: This is occurring at the same time as the "rodeo" at O'Malley's, so let Marcus's description sink in for maximum comedic potential)
Momaru

Raphael shook Markus's hand with a firm grip which was no small feat considering the condition he was in. "Don't worry about the match. While a draw won't improve our rankings, it won't lower them either. Besides, that match was sure exiting! Italian food sounds really good. I'm going to be extremely hungry after this so I hope your countries reputation of gigantic plates of food is true!" "Hey you luftmench! Are you going to stay up there yapping all day or can we haul away your gundam?" Golda yelled from the ground after snatching a mic from an unsuspecting mechanic. "Can't a man have a moment to himself? I'll be down when I'm good and ready you old hag!" Raphael replayed with evident disdain. "Oy! What a disrespectful man! If you don't get down here right now I'll box your ears in!" Golda yelled back. "I'd better get going or she'll never stop complaining about me. I'll see you later." Raphael grumbled to Marcus.