Mobile Suit Gundam SEED TWILIGHT

Your own tale of two mecha.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam SEED TWILIGHT

Alright then! Now that the first half of Red Planet is up, I can give you my feedback!

First of all, I must congratulate you on not only keeping the intensity level up for Red Planet, but also making it interesting in new ways. It is hard to describe, but Red Planet seems to feel very fresh and new. Maybe it is because I have never read or seen any combat on Mars before in ANY Gundam series, but I just find every chapter fascinating and entertaining. Don’t get me wrong, I love the rest of your writing, but Red Planet is just so...awesome in a weird way, that this is my favorite in-between story you have ever written.

Now for some feedback.

I know that the information on Delta Astray is few and far between, but I have been doing some research of my own and have come across some contradictions in what I have found and what you have written. These are just minor things and maybe you are getting your source from an official site unlike me (Wikipedia and other weird sights) But according to my info Argnes is spelled Ergnes...not very important I know, but it might confuse the few people who actually have read Delta Astray.

And Sars is a woman. Not a man. That is why I think she stays close to Gard, because deep down she likes him and you need to have a female touch in that group of all guys from Earth. As a girl, trust me, a female in that group could help your story. Since most male reads react strongly if something ever befalls a female. It is just how we as humans are :) In fact another writer Maderfole does that and look how poular his writing is!

So these things aren't really big, but the devil is in the details so I just thought I should point these things out.

Last few things, I think chapter 3 of red planet could use a look over...I know that it got deleted before and that really sucks, but it isn't the best quality compared to chapter 2 and 4. It just doesn’t seem to balanced and smooth.

Oh and chapter 6 was really short. Maybe it was just me, but I honestly thought it could have gone on a bit longer. I know you want to finish both stories before the end of the year, but that shouldn't be used as an excuse to shorten a battle down. Maybe I am wrong and it was supposed to be like that...not my story.

One last question, are you planning on posting Red Planet on fanfiction before you post Twilight? I think that you should because it will get the hype up a little bit and draw attention to your story. Plus, I think that after the first chapter, people who haven't read your previous stores will take the time to or people who haven't seen it in a while will refresh themselves.

So when you finally start posting Twilight, it will get the reviews and attention it deserves. You have no idea how excited I am for you to start posting and finally show up all those people who do rewrites of rewrites and have no ORIGINAL ideas. Sorry I am just getting tired of reading the same stuff. Go Shadowcell! You rock!

Oh and I will review the second half of twilight until 48 sometime today or tomorrow, I want to get a word or two in before you write the final 2 chapters.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
ShadowCell

first of all Phase 49 is up. stuff go 'splodeylike now.

anyways!
Soma Taozi wrote:These are just minor things and maybe you are getting your source from an official site unlike me (Wikipedia and other weird sights) But according to my info Argnes is spelled Ergnes...not very important I know, but it might confuse the few people who actually have read Delta Astray.
I'm not sure where the Ergnes spelling came from. I've gone with Agnes because that's the first one I've seen. I don't know if Ergnes is the official spelling or if there even is an official spelling, so for the time being I'm gonna stick with Agnes, although it doesn't really matter to me which is which.
And Sars is a woman. Not a man. That is why I think she stays close to Gard, because deep down she likes him and you need to have a female touch in that group of all guys from Earth. As a girl, trust me, a female in that group could help your story. Since most male reads react strongly if something ever befalls a female. It is just how we as humans are :) In fact another writer Maderfole does that and look how poular his writing is!
I...err, was not sure if Sars was male or female, to be honest, so I defaulted to male because s/he's sort of a throwaway character. But female works just as well.
Last few things, I think chapter 3 of red planet could use a look over...I know that it got deleted before and that really sucks, but it isn't the best quality compared to chapter 2 and 4. It just doesn’t seem to balanced and smooth.
I suppose that might have something to do with how the chapter got deleted and spent a year and a half rotting on my hard drive before I finished it. I think there have been some subtle changes in my writing over the course of that year and a half--so subtle that they might not even be really there and might just be perceptions on my part--but that could be why chapter 3 sort of feels different. Like I said, I wasn't all that happy with it when I put it up. If you could provide some examples of how exactly it doesn't feel right, that would be a huge help.
Oh and chapter 6 was really short. Maybe it was just me, but I honestly thought it could have gone on a bit longer. I know you want to finish both stories before the end of the year, but that shouldn't be used as an excuse to shorten a battle down. Maybe I am wrong and it was supposed to be like that...not my story.
The real meat of that chapter is the fight between Kira and the Turn Delta, and I intentionally cut that fight short because this thing is only twelve chapters long and I want to save the real epic showdown between Kira and the Turn Delta for later.
One last question, are you planning on posting Red Planet on fanfiction before you post Twilight? I think that you should because it will get the hype up a little bit and draw attention to your story. Plus, I think that after the first chapter, people who haven't read your previous stores will take the time to or people who haven't seen it in a while will refresh themselves.
The way I did it on FF.net was, I posted the prologue, the DESTINY rewrite, and the first chapter of "The Power to Protect" on the same date, and started updating the various side stories while simultaneously going along with the DESTINY rewrite. Part of that is because the side stories were exactly that--they were meant to fill in plot holes and explain stuff that I left out of DESTINY. That's more or less what I'm going with on "Red Planet," so, if this goes well, I'll post the first chapters of "Red Planet" and "TWILIGHT" on the same date, and upload them both from there.

On FF.net I posted a little one-shot story called "Promises" that, I suppose, could serve as "hype." Nobody seems to be reading it, but I suspect that will change once I start posting stuff regularly again. "Promises" is pretty nonsensical if you haven't read my DESTINY rewrite, and that's a daunting task in itself.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!
Nitramy

No trolling or flaming intended, but what do you have to say when someone describes your work as "Victory Gundam: The Sequel"?

Read it somewhere, don't remember exactly where.
Spoiler
And for my side of the story, I find TWILIGHT - despite all the goings-on - surprisingly easy to follow.

Also faved your Code Geass mini-fic, by the way.
"No, it is not your lack of experience that is your greatest flaw. It is your disdain. Your defeats will not come from those more brilliant than you. They will come from the patient, the plodding, the mediocre." - Shibumi
ShadowCell

No trolling or flaming intended, but what do you have to say when someone describes your work as "Victory Gundam: The Sequel"?
Uh...semi-agree, semi-don't-care, to be honest. Depends on the specifics. Haters gon' hate.

If this came from /m/ then I up the level of don't-care simply because given enough time, /m/ will hate everything that exists, so if anything it keeps me from truly taking seriously Descartes' Meditations ever again.

EDIT: ohhhhh yeah, now I remember, that came from TV Tropes. That's the "you want to write a better story than DESTINY? you need an ego check!" guy.

Man! I set the bar that low and I'm still "arrogant."
Nitramy

Speaking for myself, Victory Gundam is what happens when you write "naive characters doing naive things while in a war zone" well - so it's not that bad a jibe on my end - but I'm sure that wasn't what the poster meant. (Oh no, all these senseless deaths, [rex navarrete] this series is so dark! how are you gonna get fans if your series is so dark?! [/rex navarrete])

Guy even bashed my crossover fanfic, saying it was badly written even if at any time, he could have and should have said how he wanted the fic to go. That's bad form, is it not?

Oh, well, everyone's a critic.
Spoiler
If you must know what that fic is, it's a Naruto/Nanoha/Grand Chase crossover.
"No, it is not your lack of experience that is your greatest flaw. It is your disdain. Your defeats will not come from those more brilliant than you. They will come from the patient, the plodding, the mediocre." - Shibumi
ShadowCell

first of all, here be Phase 07 of "Red Planet"

anyways.
Speaking for myself, Victory Gundam is what happens when you write "naive characters doing naive things while in a war zone" well - so it's not that bad a jibe on my end - but I'm sure that wasn't what the poster meant. (Oh no, all these senseless deaths, [rex navarrete] this series is so dark! how are you gonna get fans if your series is so dark?! [/rex navarrete])
There is a good point in regards to Victory and senseless death. Killing characters to spur character development or pull drama and interest out of the audience is all well and good, to a point. But I think Victory crosses that point several times. For example, the Shrike team has an infamously high turnover rate. That might be realistic in a war setting, especially for an undermanned, underfunded, underequipped militia group; but V isn't a realistic war setting, it's a story. So in that way, I think Victory sort of shot itself in the foot by killing characters (like half of the Shrike time) so quickly that the audience had no time to care about them. I mean, hell, didn't one of the Shrike pilots get killed the very next episode after the Shrikes were introduced? So yeah, you can definitely go overboard on the character deaths. It's a testament to that cheapening of character death that the Shrikes' deaths are most often the butt of jokes among Gundam fans, whereas the death of a character like Bernie or Mwu (before DESTINY) isn't--because they were around long enough for people to care about them when they died.

To a certain extent, I think that and "grimdark" are fair criticisms of my DESTINY rewrite. I killed practically the entire cast, and many of the characters who I spared (Rau, Djibril, Valentine) were also the characters who probably deserve to die the most. The original ending (where Solomon's Sword fires, everyone on Earth dies, the end) was even bleaker than what's there now. Many of the characters I killed to remove them from the cast, so I could proceed in "TWILIGHT" and "ETERNITY" with a more compact cast of canon characters. I also think Kira's figurative turn to the dark side could have been a lot better. There's stuff in Kira's character to make it possible; I just think I could have found a more natural, more subtle way of doing it. But, eh, it's written, so whatcha gonna do. I've tried to move Kira as close to his original characterization as I can in "Red Planet" without overwriting or contradicting anything, and inspecting his character more closely in light of what I did to him in DESTINY. But I definitely look back at my DESTINY rewrite as in many ways the work of a younger and more spiteful writer.

With that said, I call BS on that TV Tropes guy's dismissing of the Fix Fic rationale. Nobody sets out to write a Fix Fic without thinking that they can do better than the original writers--otherwise they wouldn't be writing a Fix Fic. That does not change even if you personally do not find the result to be better than the original.
Nitramy

Well there is the logic that "less characters = more compact plot", and it takes an exceptional writer to juggle developing several characters over the course of the narrative.

Then again, you have a near-to-breakdown Tomino Yoshiyuki at the helm of a series... so you basically know what to expect by his work.

Still, yes, letting your character be known (even for their requisite 15 minutes of fame) before being shot down is a sensible means of going about in introducing characters - and that's - I think - where Victory Gundam fell short.

But again, there is the tangent that war itself is senseless, and that anyone can die at the drop of the hat...

...so does this mean that you shall be rewriting your DESTINY rewrite (*resists urge to make Xzibit-related joke*) after TWILIGHT or something?
rebel_cheese

I don't think you can mention the Shrike Team without posting this montage of their deaths. See for yourself how pointless, gratuitous, emotional, cruel, etc their deaths are. Victory Gundam was a bleak and cruel series, written by a man who was suffering from severe depression and also watching his prize possession being ripped away from him by Bandai. I mean, what Bandai was planning to do to Gundam was cheap: G Gundam was supposed to be nothing more than a fighting tournament, and it's to the compliments of the director that he made G Gundam more than that. I think the Shrike Team's deaths, in many ways, represent what Tomino internally wanted to do to the Bandai execs who now were taking control of his work. I think that's why Uso and "the good guys" weren't as sympathetic as they could have been, and the viewer is left with the sentiment of almost wishing the complete monsters like Chronicle and Katejina would win just to put a perfect end to all of the suffering.

And I understand what you mean that your Destiny rewrite was the work of a younger and more spiteful writer. That's much the same way with my own Destiny fixfic. I killed 10 named characters in the first 15 chapters (most of them were OCs but still). After another of my long hiatuses, I came back, and in the last twenty-four chapters I've killed only three named characters. I think that when you get over yourself as you leave your teens and enter your twenties your mindset changes somewhat, and you have a more mature and layered outlook on everything.

I don't think the TVTropes writer was calling BS on the rationale of fixfics, I think he's trying to say there could have been a better way to say what you wanted to say without so ruthlessly tearing down the material you're rewriting. I for one don't think Destiny began to suck until episode 38. Up until then, despite flaws like Cagalli crying all the time and blah blah blah, it was an intriguing and exciting series, flawed but definitely watchable. It wasn't until the brain cancer began to manifest itself in Fukuda's wife when things started going downhill, and the series simply rehashed SEED's ending, only with a more pointless result.

Maybe someday you can go back to your original Destiny work and make it better, I don't know. I think your work is decent but could use some more layers, I think your universe starts off as being too superficial and self-indulgent, especially when it comes to "murdering your darlings".

EDIT: I also think it says a lot about V Gundam in that I don't feel any emotional impact over the deaths of the Shrike Team but in a montage of Gundam SEED's deaths I still get tears in my eyes. For all of SEED's flaws, the deaths hurt. You can't ask for much more when a meaningful character dies.
MURRUE: Infallible accuracy?? I thought you just usually shot all your weapons at random and they just happened to hit stuff.

KIRA: What do you think this is; a cartoon?
ShadowCell

I can't find the link now, but I recall an interview with Yasuhiro Imagawa about G Gundam's production. He said his initial idea was something he described as closer to Zeta Gundam, but the Bandai execs threw it out, gave him the Gundam Fight concept, and told him to go with it. I suppose from Bandai's point of view, they wanted to take advantage of the first Gundam series not helmed by the notoriously difficult-to-work-with Tomino, but, yeah, executive meddling will do that. And Victory is definitely the work of a man who let his anger overshadow his artistic judgment. In retrospect, I think that was the crucial flaw of my DESTINY rewrite.

I don't want to rewrite it, though. I mean, I started writing that thing when I was about sixteen. Now I'm twenty-two and I've changed and grown as a writer. I could go back and rewrite it, but then someday I'll be even older and I'll have changed again, and then I could just as easily rewrite all this stuff again. That's a trap, though; I have other ideas after all this Cosmic Era stuff, and to be honest once it's all done I kind of want to take a break from Gundam entirely. I've been writing in the Gundam universe for almost ten years now and it tends to get limiting. At the moment I'm considering either a 00 rewrite that's still in the hacking-together-ideas-and-themes stage, or a DBZ fanfic inspired from a bunch of craptacular fanfics about Cell--and the latter largely because DBZ is pretty much totally unlike Gundam.
Nitramy

Not saying that your DESTINY rewrite is good OR bad, but I think it serves as a piece to a more coherent whole (hence the sidestories, TWILIGHT and the upcoming ETERNITY).

Never mind the hostility and anger overshadowing artistic judgment - most of it directed towards the canon developments after episode 38. Whether that was deserved or not isn't relevant.

So what this means is, when ETERNITY's Final Phase rolls around, we can expect everything to come full circle: the author and his attitude towards the universe he writes in; the characters, the world they live in and how they interact; and the underlying message finally comes into full view.

@rebel_cheese: Usso and Shakti's dissonance with the world around them was one of the bigger things that made me like Victory Gundam, actually. (Kind of like soap operas back here in the sticks.)

And seeing this or that character die this quickly isn't just a barometer on how much you need to empathize with said character; it's sort-of like a litmus test on how you can handle death on a widespread basis. After all, this is war, and anyone can die.

I mean, the one good thing Victory did (and canon DESTINY fell flat in) was that Usso and Shakti's naivete about just how cruel the world can be sort of fizzled out at series' end. (Hard to do that when you're the queen of the world, eh?)

(If this is straying a bit too far off topic, I request the Victory Gundam-related posts be moved to a more proper topic. Thank you.)
Soma Taozi

Personally, I don't think Shadow Cell should even consider rewriting his rewrite of Destiny because of how it fits with the characters. Shadow Cell was 16 and wasn't that mature...sounds a bit like Shinn.

As Shadow Cell gets older, Shinn ages and becomes more mature and so do the rest of the cast. That is one the gems of this series and why it is so fasinating.

So now to my feedback on the second half of Twilight. I loved it. It was great and as far as I can tell there were no flaws that a good read-through, before posting it on Fanfiction, will not solve. It is like everything I mentioned in my previous review of Twilight was taken care off. Stella didn't shout "its not scary!!!" every battle and things started getting more explainations.

However, there are just a few things that I want to mention.

First, I think in chapter 49, when Requiem fires you should go into more discription on distruction is brings on the battlefield. I am sorry, but after all that buildup for almost the entire story, having about two sentences of the destruction is kind of an anti-climax.

Of course, this is just me here...

Oh and I have a question about Sven, Milde, and Shams. Are they extendants? They aren't in this story, but I am confused...From watching Stargazer and Svens flashbacks I though he was an extendant...but then again I am not sure considering the fact that we never see them get any kind of special memory thingy done to them...And all the information I have seems to be pointing at either way....how confusing...

Oh and on a bit of a side note, I am surprised by the lack of character death in this final so far...see I know that you don't really have that many characters left to kill from the original canon, but so far the only people that have died from the canon were Hilda, Mars, and Herbert. Who's, by the way, deaths were hilarious!

I am not saying this is a bad thing, I am just surprised. But then again you do have another story to write and I can understand the need to save some characters. It is just so interesting how different this is from Destiny...

Oh and a few things that I wanted to meantion that I loved. Gordan Freeman? In this story? With a crowbar? Classic! Oh and before in one of your chapters you mentioned there was a Twin Peaks reference...I am sad to say that I missed it...grrr...I love that show!

Go shadowcell and I hope you finish this epic second act of the story soon!

Oh and I plan to read that new thing you posted on Fanfiction soon! Maybe I should get an account there....hmmm...
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
The Green Flame

@Soma: Sven, Mudie, and Shams are all normal humans although Sven had some brainwashing and lots of training since Blue Cosmos got ahold of him (not like the Extends though).

Speaking of Sven and friends, I like how they can keep up with Shinn by just being that good >.> Though Sven is kinda moving towards.....something. I forget if it was Newtype-ish or he just got Seed Mode <,<
ShadowCell

Phase 50 is up

...holy shit, i actually finished this thing

just slightly under three years after i friggin' started it

gaaaaaaarjhgjhagjahglkhakgljaklj now i have to finish "Red Planet" harghkahlaghalh

oh and uh Soma Taozi to answer your question about Sven and co, in this story they are not Extended. in STARGAZER i don't think it's very clear, but i rather like the idea of Sven and co being good pilots simply because they're good pilots.
Antares

Nicely done, ShadowCell, and kudos for making it through yet another fanfic. :) I've got a wee bit more to slog through in my own, but getting there. :) You, on the other hand, seem to have your work cut out for you, not only to wrap up Red Planet but to get us going with... Eternity, right?

A few turns of phrases repeated themselves quite a few times in this one, but nothing serious unless you want to look through them. Beam sabers in the sun and shrieks of torn metal, but I suppose you can't avoid those in a fight like this.

But what an ending! You didn't off nearly as many characters as I thought you might; a lot of mobile suits just got disabled. But I guess that was to set up what is to come later in the next series. Rarely have I seen a series of 50 episodes end with an actual unresolved cliffhanger. I actually had this sort of music playing in my head when I visualized the final paragraphs, the shift to the Messiah floating to Lagrange 5 and blocking out the sun. Very ominous, and I did that just with what you wrote and imagined the rest.

The guys of the Minerva are going to be, well, busy, although I would assume at least for the time being while Djibril and Valentine go at it they might be able to catch their breathe.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Thundermuffin

A great read, as always.

My one nag might be that well...I expected at least one major member of the Minerva's crew to bite it over the course of this series and it really never happened. They're fairly untouchable.

I know as a writer, it's hard to break toys that still work, but sometimes that opens up new gimmicks in the other toys at your disposal.

And can't make an omelet without etcetera.

I don't think someone always HAS to die for something to be a good story, but this IS Gundam after all...
rebel_cheese

I personally find the lack of casualties somewhat refreshing. Yeah, the original Destiny hardly killed anybody, but Gundam 00's casualties, especially among Celestial Being, were fairly light. You don't need to kill EVERYONE in order to tell a good Gundam story, and I think that's what Shadowcell has told here: a good story. And, in my opinion, it's an improvement over his rewrite of Destiny.

I will likely reread the fiction when he posts it on FF.net and offer and more conclusive review when he does so, but Twilight is a good fanfiction and shows his growth as a writer.

Though, admittedly, Twilight is an in-between fiction, he has one more story to tell: Eternity. He can't kill everyone in this story without shrinking the amount of characters for Eternity too much.

Also, Shadowcell's completion rate trumps mine. He got Twilight done in under three years . . . my fic, Kismet, is going on year four and there's one arc to go after the arc that just started wraps up. So I have to give SC props for finishing his story.
MURRUE: Infallible accuracy?? I thought you just usually shot all your weapons at random and they just happened to hit stuff.

KIRA: What do you think this is; a cartoon?
ShadowCell

I didn't really kill anyone major in "TWILIGHT" because I've always thought of "TWILIGHT" and "ETERNITY" as a single story, broken into two parts because there's no way I could fit the events of both into fifty chapters.

That and, well, my original version of the DESTINY rewrite was a couple steps short of the Ideon ending, so I figured I should try to keep the killings restricted to secondary characters who were always meant to die in the first place.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback, guys!
Soma Taozi

First of all, it is great to see you posting up Red Planet so fast. Things are getting intense in that Side-Story! Secondly, I would like to congratulate you on finishing Twilight. It has been a long ride and I am already looking forward to the return of ZAFT, because honestly Gundam Seed just isn't the same without them.

Now I am going to get in-depth on Twilight since it is the final chapter of this part of the story.

So here is some feedback:

First of all, I loved how you started off Find the Way (good title pick and great song too :) ) about how screwed the resistance was. With the Destroys rampaging, mentioning of Requiem, and the Orbital Drop. The feeling of just how crushed the resistance is really makes this final chapter exciting, because you wonder just how the hell our hero's will escape? Next, we see Sting, Auel, and Stella going to kick a Destroys ass. Which they have done before...so no worries there.

The fight between Shinn vs Sven, Milde, and Shams was awesome! You are right, it is nice to see a purely good mobile suit team. I liked how Milde was shocked when Shams was shot down. It made sense given how in Stargazer Shams went insane after her death...I wonder if there is a romantic possibility? When Shinn took Milde down I like how easily he did it. Really, besides Sven, if you get one of the others alone without support they aren't all that good. Look at Stargazer for example, Milde got killed really easily because she was on her own. Sure, maybe because the series was only 3 episodes long had something to do with it...but I like how you emulated that kind of skill level.

I have to wonder if you will have Crayt fight someone else besides Rau...because to be honest she is not really impressive...a lot of "God will punish you crap" without much power to back up her words. She is an alright pilot, but I would like to see her fight someone she can actually do damage too. Rau is just too badass for her...

I didn't really like to fight between Emily and Monique started in this chapter...it was fine, but Monique kind of repeated exactly what she said in previous chapters. It was like with Rey screaming "You are a tratior Shinn!" ever battle in Destiny, or Stella saying "Its not scary" in the first half of Twilight. Also Monique kind of repeats herself. Here:

"What a pleasant surprise!" Monique cackled. "You've gotten better!"
"Now show me what you can do!"
"Let's see how much you've improved!"

Also with Emily saying things like "she improved." And you being inside Monique's mind saying things like, "She wasn't kidding— she had improved." It was just a little repetitive.

I liked the ship battle between the Charlemagne and Minerva, but somehow I am surprised Meyrin was able to do a move like that...for some reason she just doesn't strike me as that good of a commander just yet...maybe I missed some things in her arc...I think that since she is still living in Talia's shadow I can't take anything she does seriously. Maybe in Twilight she should ahve finally take the command fully and realize that she isn't Talia...that she is someone different.

I did like how Rau simply didn't care about the resistance getting wiped out by a destroy with bad tactics...ahh Rau...he always makes me laugh :) I am looking forward to his possible reunion with Valentine and Kira.

Oh and I noticed a kind of similarity with the team taking down the Destroys...they all went for the arms first. I am not sure this is what you wanted...but all the battles with the destroys seemed to follow the same format...

I know someone else mentioned this, but there was ALOT of "shrieking and sounds of tearing metal" phrases in this chapter. I know this is battle heavy, but there has got to be better phrases then just that.

Hmm, also upon reflection I don't really like Viveka's relationship with Athrun...why? Because he just seems to get annoyed by her with everything she does. I know he is an emotional deadened pilot and there are some good moments in there time together, but I think that is something you can work on in Eternity...just establish more of what they mean to each other. Stuff like that.

Now for the FINAL battle between Monique and Emily is MUCH better then it was at the start of the chapter. Why? Well because it wasn't so repetitive and because I liked the symbolism for the Gundam Morrigan. It was the Angel of Death Emily's Father wanted her to be and the Twilight is the Angel of Death the resistance wanted Emily to be. By destroying the Morrigan, Emily has finally stepped out of her fathers Shadow and into her own Cell of self being. (Get it ShadowCell? Yes, I am opinionated AND I make terrible jokes!)

I loved how this series ended and I am looking forward to reading the end of Red Plant...in my feedback for that second half I will mention what I hope to see in Eternity. Not like you care what I want...but I will still give you my two cents :)

-Me, 7/19/2020