Steel Battalion is back.

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Amadi Akintunde

Steel Battalion is back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGh7LBjcnsE

Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor.

With Kinect.

No massive controller with pedals. :c
iKhaotic

Re: Steel Battalion is back.

but the crazy controller with pedals is what made Steel Battalion Steel Battalion lol. i hope they can re-release the big controller setup and make it optional :D
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
RGM-79 GM

iKhaotic wrote:but the crazy controller with pedals is what made Steel Battalion Steel Battalion lol. i hope they can re-release the big controller setup and make it optional :D
That would be great. I bet they wont just because it goes against their whole "controller free" thing.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
Zeonic Glory

It just doesn't seem quite the same without the overly complicated and massive controller. I'll be sure to keep this one on my radar.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
iKhaotic

Hmm, after messing around with the Kinect, I think it's safe to say that Steel Battalion with Kinect controls may actually work out pretty well. Of course, I'd still prefer that overly complicated and awesome controller, but oh well lol.
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Lol, on a side note about that trailer, I will never understand the "brilliance" in forward-opening combat carrier boats. It's shooting fish in a barrel, almost literally. In WWII I can understand that technology may have played a factor (it may have been harder to build a floating vehicle that opens its sides rather than its front), but in 2082 they're still using front-opening beach riders? ^^b
RGM-79 GM

Shinji103 wrote:Lol, on a side note about that trailer, I will never understand the "brilliance" in forward-opening combat carrier boats. It's shooting fish in a barrel, almost literally. In WWII I can understand that technology may have played a factor (it may have been harder to build a floating vehicle that opens its sides rather than its front), but in 2082 they're still using front-opening beach riders? ^^b
Well IIRC they said that all modern tech was gone. So they are back to WWII type stuff for the most part. Not including the US rifles(which are like a pre-vietnam M16 prototype) or the VTs. Basically anything made now can't be made in the game and is apparently disappeared off the face of the earth. Seems really stupid to me. Apparently modern tactics and all forms of modern stuff(like kevlar, body armor, radios, and other equipment) just disappeared over night or something.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
quasadra

so, i take it that we are suppose to pretend there is rows of levers and joystick in front of us while we play?
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Red Zeta

Ill miss the controller. Still might convince an Xbox 360 owning friend to buy it.
This signature is three times wittier than the average signature.
RGM-79 GM

Well now I heard that you use Kinect and a normal 360 controller in order to play the game. No idea how that will work and I wish, if nothing else, you had the option of using the controller from the original Steel Battalion if they wont make a new one.