Gameplay Thread

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Re: Gameplay Thread

I think I'll be capturing new footage this Saturday if things go well. At first I'll be working with a ps2 game so I can't see who's online, but afterwards I'll move on to DMC4 and ACfA. Look for me if you want to capture some co-op or pvp matches with me on AC. =o

psn: seraphiczero

You'll probably catch me all afternoon, evening, or night.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Seraphic

lol, I didn't see ANY of you! :lol:

Anyway, here's most of what I recorded last week. I'm still putting together some of it.

Warriors Orochi 2:
Guan Yu, Sun Wukong, and Zhou Tai, Samurai mission 1

Guan Yu at Wu Zhang Plains, part 1
Guan Yu at Wu Zhang Plains, part 2
Guan Yu at Wu Zhang Plains, part 3

I know I should be ashamed for owning a Koei game, but if you want to play one, this is it. It's really fun with a huge amount of variety. And if you unlock some things you get to turn your character into a giant blender that terrorizes the battlefield. =D And of course, it satisfies my need to deliver an ungodly amount of whoopass upon people.

Devil May Cry 4:
Mission 19 part 1
Mission 19 part 2
Mission 19 part 3
Mission 19 part 4
Mission 19 part 5

I don't know about you, but I think the fast forward effect looks hilarious. And in doing these recordings, I began to think that the "really good" players on youtube aren't that good because they always kill the bosses before they ever have to deal with the dangerous or cheap attacks. I guess part of being good is taking advantage of the game, though. =/

Mission 20

Second attempt at Mission 20, plus obvious joke. (I think you guys would appreciate it. Yes, I know I'm extremely corny.) :P

Armored Core for Answer (HARD mode)
Defeat Silent Avalanche
Defend Arteria Carpals
Defeat the Main ORCA Forces

One of my new schematics Flash 2. Does pretty well in sorties, but has trouble online because the weapon hits don't detect well.

And I had some PvP matches against one of my good friends. He also has recording equipment, so one day I hope he and I can do a two-sided set of recordings.

VS WavemasterRyx:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Obviously I'm extremely rusty since I haven't played in months, and I didn't make very smart schematic choices. Ryx is improving a lot, so that was great to see, and close/even matches are more fun anyway.

Okay, there's another multiplayer set to upload, but they're 10min matches I'm reluctant to really work on in the editor. I could just upload them without music, but that'd be boring as hell to watch.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

bluemax151

The great part about Koei games to me at least is the Co-Op. Of course the hack n slash style in and of itself can be a great change of pace at times, it's always nice to have something to pick up and play with friends. I actually tried out one of their more cerebral titles as well, Romance of the Three Kingdoms (the name escapes me but it was one of the PS1 era ones) but I never really got "into it".

I've been distracted with other things lately (like Titan Quest) but I uploaded a Vanguard Bandits video I've been meaning to and a couple of videos (I have more) of a buddy playing Gundam vs Zeta.

PS1 Vanguard Bandits Bastion vs Faulkner final duel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNaHdcjc1vk
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Seraphic

Yeah, I'd say the Koei games are good fun. I enjoy the challenges (for getting items/weapons) and light strategy, so I don't mind the gameplay too much. It gets a bit silly when you pull off a 9999 hit combo though. I was juggling a group of people with Sun Wukong, lol.

And wow, Vanguard Bandits looks really cool. The gameplay is a bit hard to make out, though. I can't tell if the video you posted is real gameplay or if it's a bit of a cinematic. Do you recommend the game? I have a huge laundry list of things to get to, but I might want to try this.

Okay, here's the rest of that junk:

PvP 1

Fast forward, lol. I hate it when it takes forever to find your target.

PvP 2

Good music and big surprises.

PvP 3

Mostly a waste of time unless you really like Dj Micro. And the song is very good, mind you.

PvP 4

Bigger waste of time, because this is what happens when you bring a gun to a swordfight in ACfA.

PvP 5

This one is actually worth your time. Sniping is fun.

PvP 6

Just a regular match.

PvP 7

Same.

There you go. I don't even know what I would want to record anymore, unless it's some co-op or pvp with some friends.
-Antares

bluemax151

Vanguard Bandits is turn based strategy like FF Tactics or Front Mission but a bit more primitive in the UI department. I guess it could be equated to being an Escaflowne game based on its basic premise..
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Seraphic

Been a while, eh? Recording has been made much easier since my rig pretty much only comprises of my computer, ps3, and the capture device. That's thanks to the new monitor with the TV tuner. =3 It is rather difficult to change the inputs all the time though. Maybe I should just dual screen for this. I do have the second monitor....

Anyway:

How to be a jerk in DMC3.

Royal Guard + Rebellion
Weirdly enough, this was the video that gave me trouble. I guess Vergil is a lot meaner when I don't have the usual defense boost from Beowulf. =/

Royal Guard only
Working really hard to completely block Super Judgment Cut, but there aren't a lot of opportunities to practice it. I did get a lot of it.

I also made of bunch of other vids of me repeating the setup of the third vid, but uploading all of them would be redudant mostly.

Okay, I'm going to try to record some ACfA stuff this coming weekend. psn: seraphiczero. Be there, and you'll be on youtube with this intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13cYNzupbRc
-Antares

Mu La Flaga

I REALLY need to do some more gaming clips in my spare time.
If anyone is curious what I have I can post a list of what I have.

What I can record from is.

SNES, PS1 and PS2 games pretty much.
Also the N64 if I had a working controller.
Seraphic

Oh god. The 21 new videos have all been processed and uploaded...! I'm too lazy to link to them all individually (because it would take me literally 2 hours to link and comment on all of them.) So, here's the link to my channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tieltavisvt#g/u

They're all ACfA vids, ranging from a few sorties to a lot of multiplayer matches. I did fairly okay. Check out the vids for the music at least. =o

My favorite is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nGHSntYju8

I think I'll take a break from doing recordings for a while. It's extremely time consuming.
-Antares

Seraphic

ACfA - Occupation of Arteria Carpals (HARD) Rush

Received a challenge to beat the mission without the divide and conquer strategy. Turned out pretty nice, I think.

Thinking of doing a bit of Bayonetta gameplay soon. Also, should I do a Let's Play of AC5 when it comes stateside?
-Antares

Mu La Flaga

So if anyone checks my youtube page and all, got a few recordings of matches on Gundam SEED Destiny Rengou vs ZAFT 2 Plus I did with a mate of mine Mattokaiser.

So just letting everyone know, in case they are interested.
Seraphic

ACV - Return to Armored Core

First gameplay upload for ACV.
-Antares