Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 at TGS'10

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Shinigam_Newtype

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 at TGS'10

Sorry if this is old news, I just found this out and thought I'd inform others. http://www.qj.net/qjnet/news/koei-tecmo ... dam-3.html
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
iKhaotic

Re: Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 at TGS'10

not old, but we've been discussing it in the "Upcoming Gundam Games and Recent Releases" thread for a few days now :)

i wish i could go!
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
raijinz

From what I've seen of the trailer, it looks very fast and smooth. Maybe it has something to do with the cell-shading they've gone with this time.

Great additions like Stardust Memory, Gundam 00 and Unicorn make me really look forward to this one. I hope the game ends up similar to DWG2, but more expanded. (I can't get enough!)

Also, has anyone heard anything about a Co-op mode in DWG3? I was thinking how cool it would be to team up with a mate of mine on this game when it comes out. The multiplayer mode in DWG2 was neutered and lame.
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
Shinigam_Newtype

raijinz wrote:From what I've seen of the trailer, it looks very fast and smooth. Maybe it has something to do with the cell-shading they've gone with this time.

Great additions like Stardust Memory, Gundam 00 and Unicorn make me really look forward to this one. I hope the game ends up similar to DWG2, but more expanded. (I can't get enough!)

Also, has anyone heard anything about a Co-op mode in DWG3? I was thinking how cool it would be to team up with a mate of mine on this game when it comes out. The multiplayer mode in DWG2 was neutered and lame.
Yeah I saw the trailers, it has a much smoother framrate and the movements looked soo fluid! One problem wih DWG2 was nobody was ever online!
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
iKhaotic

yeah, they need to beef up the online mode. co-op is a must. also, i think a great idea for multiplayer would be some kind of team battle mode where you can team up with other players or even AI and battle other teams. and each team would have it's own grunts that you can beat up for points or whatever. it would work pretty well with Gundams so we can have epic space battles like in the animes :D
raijinz

iKhaotic wrote:yeah, they need to beef up the online mode. co-op is a must. also, i think a great idea for multiplayer would be some kind of team battle mode where you can team up with other players or even AI and battle other teams. and each team would have it's own grunts that you can beat up for points or whatever. it would work pretty well with Gundams so we can have epic space battles like in the animes :D
You read my mind! I am a strong advocate for co-op in the games I play now, so it would be kinda strange for Koei not to capitalise on this. It just makes so much sense!
////////////////
iKhaotic

imagine you and some friends being the Aces of your side, then you have a bunch of AI grunt suits to pack up the stage. vice versa for the opposing team. would be so sweet.
ydawg314

off topic but that is the point of my new game
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Blightstrider

No, you know what they REALLY need? The option for me to have the Japanese voice actors played in the game rather than the english. I swear, listening to the english dubbing of the Seed Destiny characters... it's like slow murder (Especially Michael Erikson, and I'm a Shinn fan!).

But yes, I just bought DWG 2 recently and its alright (the dubbing is tainting the experience). I have played a few of the Dynasty Warriors games in the past, and I have enjoyed them. It's good to hear that the AI will be improved, the stupid grunts that just stood there was always annoying. They're really there just to make numbers.
Kallor said: 'I walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I have commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I have spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes,' said Caladan Brood, 'you never learn.'
CidHighwind

The game would be three times better if I could listen to the japanese version music... but its a licensing nightmare.

Thats if this one even gets ported to the US in the first place.
Amadi Akintunde

Blightstrider wrote:No, you know what they REALLY need? The option for me to have the Japanese voice actors played in the game rather than the english. I swear, listening to the english dubbing of the Seed Destiny characters... it's like slow murder (Especially Michael Erikson, and I'm a Shinn fan!).

But yes, I just bought DWG 2 recently and its alright (the dubbing is tainting the experience). I have played a few of the Dynasty Warriors games in the past, and I have enjoyed them. It's good to hear that the AI will be improved, the stupid grunts that just stood there was always annoying. They're really there just to make numbers.
I'm almost certain they had that option in DWG 1. Haven't played 2, but I'm certain you could change voice audio from English to Japanese. And vice versa.
Outlaw

My kid brother is playing the first one as we speak and he says that you can turn on the Japanese dialog. For me the dub is hit or miss with most of the long time Gundam VAs doing a fine job. My least favorites are Beecha and Elle, the later can't even pronounce Gundam correctly. :roll:

Also, while I'm here I thought I'd do some fact checking. Koei Wiki has stated that the grunt AI is getting further refined:
Enemy AI for crowds is much more aggressive than before, feeling somewhat similar to Dynasty Warriors 3 as far as difficulty. This makes capturing and defending Fields on the map a crucial factor for the player's survival and victory. The mecha have been tweaked and fine-tuned to be practical to the standards set within the anime series.
I'm pretty sure that this hasn't been stated in any of the english articles released on the game, so I'm wondering if anyone can verify a source for this or if it's just another "wiki fact". I'm also curious as to how aggressive the AI in DW3 actually was (having started the series with 4) so an observation from someone who played that iteration would be nice.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
iKhaotic

Outlaw wrote: I'm pretty sure that this hasn't been stated in any of the english articles released on the game, so I'm wondering if anyone can verify a source for this or if it's just another "wiki fact". I'm also curious as to how aggressive the AI in DW3 actually was (having started the series with 4) so an observation from someone who played that iteration would be nice.
DW3 AI on Hard is pretty agressive. they almost constantly attack. if you get stuck in the middle of a group of enemies, you literally won't have room to take a breathe since you'll either be blocking constantly (eventually leading to getting hit in the back or your guard being crushed by a strong hit) or you can not block and get juggled to death. enemies will block quite a bit too, if they're not attacking they're blocking. majority of the time the only way to actually hit an officer was to either break their guard or go around them while they're distracted.

hopefully the new AI they're mentioning for DWG3 doesn't inherit DW3's archer AI for the grunt's beam attacks. the archers on hard mode in DW3 were absolute pains and make you want to throw a controller at times. can't imagine how stupidly broken it'd be in DWG3 when every unit has a ranged attack lol.
CidHighwind

Oh yeah. DWG2 enemy aces on hard (on extra missions) would basically turtle infinitely and counter everything short of an SP attack or a charge attack. Coincidentally, thats the only way to reliably beat them, as they dont fight even remotely fair. The aces didnt get smarter or better, they just cheat more.
liubei013

Amadi Akintunde wrote:I'm almost certain they had that option in DWG 1. Haven't played 2, but I'm certain you could change voice audio from English to Japanese. And vice versa.
You're right, they did, which made the absence of that option rather odd. (Well, not so odd, as about that time EVERY DW/SW game lost their JP dubs for either "technical" or 'licensing' reasons)

New cel-shaded look is nice, as is the increasing roster (Deathscythe Hell...about bloody damn time). Multiplayer was a joke in DWG2. The ideas for some big battle or co-op is nice. Even if this sounds imitative, a 'Horde' mode as an online co-op would be great with this type of game.

@Cid: Lol, yeah, and if they pummel you IT HURTS and you're either forced to flee and find some armor replenishment pack or use the Red Chicken Run "Tactic." :/
halo1000

liubei013 wrote:@Cid: Lol, yeah, and if they pummel you IT HURTS and you're either forced to flee and find some armor replenishment pack or use the Red Chicken Run "Tactic." :/
I hate the ace pilots on hard, I'm still in the middle of a mission having to fight Amuro, Camille and Judau all at once, with no health and almost no enemies to replenish my armor with.
iKhaotic

halo1000 wrote:
liubei013 wrote:@Cid: Lol, yeah, and if they pummel you IT HURTS and you're either forced to flee and find some armor replenishment pack or use the Red Chicken Run "Tactic." :/
I hate the ace pilots on hard, I'm still in the middle of a mission having to fight Amuro, Camille and Judau all at once, with no health and almost no enemies to replenish my armor with.
equip the DG Cells ability. it'll help big time :)
raijinz

iKhaotic wrote: equip the DG Cells ability. it'll help big time :)
DG Cells is good, but don't rely on it too much. One slip up against an Ace and you'll lose all your health in a second!
////////////////
iKhaotic

raijinz wrote:
iKhaotic wrote: equip the DG Cells ability. it'll help big time :)
DG Cells is good, but don't rely on it too much. One slip up against an Ace and you'll lose all your health in a second!
yup, true. but it's pretty much the only way to survive those max difficulty missions because in those missions, your health drops FAST and health items are VERY limited. DG Cells provides a constant recharge, you just have to be extra careful when fighting Aces. from my experiences, getting caught in their combos is usually fine as they tend to either use short combos or leave an opening for you to escape. what you should worry about is the cheap way that they can unleash an SP attack without that charging animation, those will take you out lol.

anyways, who wants to place some bets on when DWG3 will be released in the US? :P i'm going with spring 2011 (anywhere from Mar - May)
CidHighwind

Counter an enemy Ace SP with an SP of your own. It wont do any damage, but you usually combo-break and become invincible long enough to live. That is, if you cant block or dodge out of it. I almost always use DG Cells, its about the only fighting chance you have in an Extra Mode mission. Or, I also tend to use Ace Pilot (?) (The one that increases your attack/defense with every kill) in combination with Concentration (?) (the one that recharges your SP) and the one that makes you do your combination SPs. It can get pretty cheesy with Turn-A (ESPECIALLY because of the nuke, I tended to end extra missions with 2,200 kills!) or Wing Zero.

That, or Guncannon/Zeong them in the face, its surprisingly potent.