4GFFG: Round One: Neo America Neo Switzerland

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wedge14

4GFFG: Round One: Neo America Neo Switzerland

The fourth match of the Gundam Fight is brought to you by ESPN, the number one name in sports. Despite adding channel after channel to their lineup over the years, the flagship station still sits atop the pile when it comes to coverage of sports across the earthsphere. Kicking off their coverage of Neo America's bid to win the Gundam Fight, a dynamic duo of commentators from the worlds of football and competitive eating are in the booth this afternoon - Colin Chrisworth, former NFL wide reciever and a multi-year Monday Night Football personality teams up with Jim "Pizza Roll" McGee, ten time MLE world champion and multiple world record holder in several gastronomical categories. The randomly selected arena for today's fight is the Gravitydome.

"Hello there folks, I'm Colin Chrisworth coming to you live from Neo Luxembourg's enigmatic Gravitydome, and with me in the booth today is Jim McGee. Jim?"
"Hey there, Colin! I had a heck of a time getting up to the press box but I made it."
"Lack of gravity outside giving you some trouble there, pal?"
"Naw, I had to carry up all this food."
"... Well, ladies and gentlemen we should be in for a treat here today as Neo America's Chris Anderson takes on Marcella Värme of Neo Switzerland."
"A treat? Like ice cream? Oh, I see what you mean. Dang, you got me all excited."
"Now a lot of folks would wonder if this arena's strange lack of gravity would play havoc with Anderson's particular skill set."
"Yeah, and Marcella is working with those interesting bit devices. Kinda look like tasty little crullers..."
"I... What? ...I expect Anderson to take it easy early on as he gets a feel for the arena, then we should see him bring up the pressure a little bit. He's already known for having some mobility in the pocket, so being able to evade in any direction might end up helping him rather than hurting."
"You know, I think Neo Switzerland has a couple of advantages here. Those bits aren't really effected by the arena liker her opponent is."
"And the other advantage?"
"I bet Miss Värme has access to some great chocolate."
"Well all right then. Let's take it down to the arena floor as both fighters appear to be ready for the match to begin."
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Tangerine

Re: 4GFFG: Round One: Neo America Neo Switzerland

... "Yeah, and Marcella is working with those interesting bit devices. Kinda look like tasty little crullers..."
"I... What? ...I expect Anderson to take it easy early on as he gets a feel for the arena, then we should see him bring up the pressure a little bit. He's already known for having some mobility in the pocket, so being able to evade in any direction might end up helping him rather than hurting."
"You know, I think Neo Switzerland has a couple of advantages here. Those bits aren't really effected by the arena liker her opponent is."
"And the other advantage?"
"I bet Miss Värme has access to some great chocolate."

Marcella laughed when she heard the comment. With a tick of a hand she summoned James' attention. "James! I like that guy, send him few of our finest chocolate... Oh, and James make sure it’s not the cheap one. It’s a bad luck for being cheap before a fight.”

James, her head butler readily accepted her lady’s request. “Most certainly my lady.”

Next she walked into her Gundam. The wizard gundam like accepting his master, bowed low and make climbing to the cockpit very ease. It wasn’t hard considering the low to zero gravity in the dome. Marcella did have to refuse the aid of the Neo Swiss Guard to enter the cockpit via an elaborate escalator. That would make her look frail, not good for country’s image.

Now already in the cockpit and prepared she challenged her opponent. In a clear voice, “Whenever you ready, mister.”
mcred23

Chris Anderson floated in the cockpit of the Quarterback Gundam, mildly amused by the lack of gravity. He'd arrived early and warmed up, doing his usual pre-fight stretches and tossing off a few passes to get his arm ready, plus to check that everything was working, which it all was.

"Everything's ready." He mumbled, slightly bored with the wait. Anderson was used to long waits prior to the start of stuff like this, and vaugely wondered how the pre-fight stuff sounded today. Chris was well aware that this fight, and pretty much every other one he would be in, would be on ESPN, but the designers hadn't included anything to let him hear the TV broadcast.

"Värme is boarding her Gundam." Valerie Crusoe's voice came over the radio, mildly annoyed. After the minor insanity of the dinner the previous night, their fight today had been moved up, which has delayed a planned press conference. It was beyond the control of the Neo American team, but they'd all had to deal with some annoying whines from the sponsers and a few media people who were following the team. The support team and their bus were located in a small enclave just outside the main arena, where there was still gravity.

"Good. Finally get this game going." He glanced down at his left wrist. Just like on the Gundam, and on his normal uniform, the mobile trace suit included a small wrist sheet. While the one on the Gundam had nothing of value (Actually, a few old but real play names that wouldn't matter in a Gundam fight), the one on his arm right now had a quick breakdown of the opponent. Just a list of its weapons and attacks, not that Anderson would forget. Compared to a 700 plus page playbook, the paragraph on the Wizard Gundam was nothing.

Finally, there was another crackle of the radio, this one slightly different than before. "Whenever you ready, mister." The voice was clear, but slightly distant because of how Anderson had the radio set up.

"Ladies first." Anderson replied, keeping emotion out of his voice, well aware that the other fighter would hear anything he said. Maybe I can confuse her by just calling out some plays... He thought with a smirk.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Tangerine

"Ladies first." Replied the Neo American fighter. That brought some naughty idea to Marcella’s head.

“Why… a courteous fighter? Truly an American gentleman. Let me see you up close and shake you hand, mister Anderson.”

The fans are roaring outside as the commentator shouted, “Gundam FIGHT!!!”

The wizard gundam closing in cautiously. Openly offering its hand for a handshake.

Let me see just how brave you really are Anderson.
mcred23

“Why… a courteous fighter? Truly an American gentleman. Let me see you up close and shake you hand, Mister Anderson." Värme's Gundam started walking along the floor of the arena towards Anderson's side.

But Chris didn't move. Instead, he twisted his shoulders slightly and his hands came up closer to his wasit, as if he take a snap from the shotgun. Chris snorted a laugh. "Eh, forgive me, Miss, but I just don't know ya well enough to trust you with somethin' like that. I've seen too many movies and this ain't exactly pre-game." He grinned, although no one could see that, ready in case she tried something anyway.

Tangerine

"Oh, that's too bad," Irene smirked, "Well, if I can't do it while you're standing..." A sudden jets of rocket thrusters being fired at once was heard, continued by a roar by the fans. It sends the Wizard Gundam at an astounding acceleration. Positioning her Gundam far above its blue colored opponent she said in extremely calm manner, "..then I shall have it when you are on the ground!"

She began to chant, manually controlling her bits via a unique voice command only known to her. There have been times where controlling even two bits were extremely difficult, but recent breakthrough involving old manuscript and language made rapid controlling even 6 of them plausible for a short duration.

Ardn’Kaz…” a white beam being fired followed another beam by the 3 bits in rotation. The other 3 bits swirling around trying to positioning themselves behind its enemy.
mcred23

"Oh, that's too bad. Well, if I can't do it while you're standing..." Putting actions to her voice, the Wizard Gundam fired its thrusters and moved to float well above Anderson. "..then I shall have it when you are on the ground!" She began speaking in something other than English, but Anderson didn't wait, he'd seen enough film of her fights to know what was coming and was already moving.

Three of them fired as Anderson stayed on the ground, spinting to his right as the white beams hit the ground where the Quarterback Gundam had been before. Even though they had missed, he was slightly suprised by the speed in which they had acted. Alright, let's see how quick you move those bits... He thought to himself. Instantly, a beam football was generated in his right hand and in a motion almost too quick to fully catch, his arm came back and he threw a perfect pass at the bits that had fired. That'd be an 80 yard touchdown... Chris thought, allowing himself a moment to admire the expertly thrown beam, which caused a small grin. He generated another beam football in the QB Gundams left hand and brought his hands together to transfer it to the emitters in his right hand as he continued circling around to the right.

Tangerine

.. too late, she thought when she realized about the attack. She chanted the command to flee but it was much faster than she had anticipated. There will be a price to pay for experience and today’s study fee for Miss Värme starting with one of her precious bit.

But if I have to sacrifice it… then let it gone with a glory, she have all the determination she could muster to make the sacrifice worthwhile. Not a second have passed since the failed attempt to flee. All 7 of the bits spin, rotated and ready to fire as Marcella ended her chant with two plain English words, “Silent Glacier”.

They began to fire in unison as Anderson’s beam football destroyed the one bit, making one smoky explosion high above the ground level. While one the beam was disrupted as the source was destroyed, the other 6 made continuous streak of cold white beams toward QB Gundam. Making any surface it touched icy and frozen, drastically lowered the temperature in the dome.

Cold.. even to Irene who was experienced, well prepared and trained for it. Despite her gundam’s position from her bits, the coldness still able to made her flinch for a moment as she readied herself to confront Anderson.
mcred23

Right as the football smashed one bit, Värme spoke in English. "Silent Glacier."

Anderson instantly comprehended the meaning of the two words without even having to look at the wrist sheet. Ultimate attack. All the bits fire freezing beams at the same target. Can wreck internal systems easily. Watch the hell out! Chris was fully in the fight now. His mind was racing at the same speed as it did when he heard a linebacker call an audible with a few seconds left on the play clock.

As the bits were firing, they had to track to close with him, and they were starting to get closer, but Anderson finally took advantage of the zero gravity. Still running, he planted hard on his left foot, shifting his, and the QB Gundam's, weight to that side before juking the other direction and firing the Gundam's thrusters. The beams came close enough to numb his left arm without even hitting, prompting a warning to pop up about the beam emitters in that hand restarting, but he was rapidly going in the other direction and now well ahead of the beams again. The juke motion had started him flying, and the thrusters greatly added to it, which put the Quarterback Gundam off on an angle from the direction it had originally been going.

Ignoring his numb left arm, Anderson twisted to properly face the Wizard Gundam, which was still hovering near the middle of the arena, and expertly threw the beam in his hand directly at it. At the same time, he fired a few quick bursts from his vulcans toward the cloud of bits that was still trying to track him. S***, we never bothered to check how tough those are! Chris wasn't sure if the vulcans would kill them or just cause some damage or if they'd do anything at all...

Tangerine

Anderson’s movement was nothing less than amazing. Marcella rarely witness an excellent control of speed, balance and thrusters being done in zero gravity. Did he predict my attack? Marcella was highly amused but still trying to deny her opponent’s ability to react to her attack.

Few more seconds she thought. Then an opening was made for her. Her eyes flared when QB Gundam dodged the attack and launched a counterattack. The beam football flew close to her last position as she raced the Wizard Gundam below to the ground. It melted the surface of the helmet and enough to make Marcella protested about the pain.

While QB Gundam sprayed vulcans to the bits, Wizard was closing in fast. Several lucky hit registered on bits, enough to tip them of their balance. One even stopped its attack. But she didn’t really care. A notice appeared, but she already expecting it. The bits limits were reached. It would take time before she could use such powerful attack again.

Another thrust, spinnned its staff with both hands and Wizard finally launched a heavy swing with her long staff from above. "Oo, mister Anderson. Over here!" she tried to hit QB Gundam's head or shoulder while the bits stopped their attack, hovering around in safe distance.
mcred23

The Wizard dodged the ball, barely. It passed close enough to the head to cause a quick flash as it did some minor damage, but it didn't look serious to Anderson. The vulcan fire had more of an effect, affecting their accuracy slightly and causing one to stop before they all stopped and began hovering around. Was it the sixtys or a limit? Anderson wondered, knowing that the Wizards bits had some limit, but again, that exact limit was something they hadn't actually learned. We really need to do better on that for the next fight, but first I have to finish this one!

The Wizard headed downward, then sprag up at the Quarterback as it spun its staff. "Oo, mister Anderson. Over here!" Värme taunted as she swung the staff, high, at his head.

"You obviously never watched football!" Chris grunted as he semi-intentionally replicated a move he had once done against an All Pro defensive end from some team, he couldn't remember which. Anderson bent his knees slightly and bent at the waist, practially smashing his own chest to his thighs and nearly knocking the wind out of himself. Instead of slicing through his upper body or head, the staff slashed across his back, clipping both of the top two thrusters on his backpack and doing enough damage to them both that they shut down, but nothing else. The combined effect of the hit and Anderson's move stopped his upward movement, leaving him hovering very close to the Wizard Gundam.

Anderson's right arm was already moving as he straighted up slightly. The beam football had barely generated when it was fired directly at the chest of the Wizard Gundam. "Take that!" Anderson winced, trying to shrug off the pain in his back as he commanded the remaining thrusters to move him to his left. They were so close that the football had to hit something, but both of his beam emitters needed a few more seconds before they could be used, and Chris didn't want to risk an ultimate attack yet. He powered up the heat facemask and let out a breath that helped reduce the burning feeling on his upper back.

Tangerine

"You obviously never watched football!" Chris taunt was heard.

What kind of blocking movement was that? Marcella was shocked by Anderson’s unexpected style. Crude but effective, turning a deep swing into a shallow one. It also made Wizard and its pilot in an awkward position as she never expected that kind of move in fencing. QB Gundam sprang into action. "Take that!" the pilot’s voice confirmed the coming of his counterattack.

“tsk…” Marcella complained about the sudden development of things. In an instant movement as QB launched its beam football, Wizard tried to use the staff to push herself away from the ball. She fired her thrusters and hovered slightly before QB shifted sideways throwing the upward inertia she had built. It was either she loses her legs or part of her torso. No time to withdraw one of the bits to shield her. It was her mistake, still too young and inexperienced.

I can’t possibly sacrifice a leg. Cannot fight without standing properly. She smiled at the realization and cut her thrusters. It was probably too late but Wizard braced for impact. As sudden as Wizard slowed down the beam struck and it blew fantastically where the beam touched the surface.

Fans roaring were stopped, changed into gasps and hold of breaths as the fiery explosion occurred followed by thick smoke. Metal shrapnel and pieces of debris pierced through the smoke while Wizard being launched backward unceremoniously. Marcella voice still heard chanting and muttering something before her shriek was heard on the Neo Swiss support center. Even the Swiss Guard turned pale as they witnessed the event.

Second passed, and another one before the cloud of smoke cleared. The sad view of the once brilliant white and red Gundam struck everybody. Both bare arms shielded the torso and were damaged severely. The lower left arm was almost completely destroyed, except for several internal machineries. But the hand was still connected and the fist finally relaxed. The eyes glowed and the Gundam sprung to life once more.

Obviously in pain she responded to the support team, accidentally heard by the fans via loud speaker. “I’m okay. I can still continue the fight. Don’t pause.” First a few and then more clasped of hand was heard from the fans, admiring the show of strength in the arena. Wizard withdrawed one of the less usefull bits as a shield in the left arm and then readied her staff while the bits swirling around in menacingly around her opponent. “Let’s continue the fight, Mister Anderson,” she said gallantly. “It seems you just earned my respect as a fighter.” A naughty smile on her lips while she teased her opponent despite her the obvious pain.
mcred23

The Wizard Gundam disappeared in a cloud of smoke as Anderson drifted backwards in the gravity-less arena. The smoke obscured his view of Värme for several seconds, allowing his emitters fully recharge and his own pain to subside to nothing more than distant, minor aches he was used to. But, the fact that nothing huge had been blown off his opponent, and that the Wizard Gundam hadn't gone spilling out of the smoke, let him know he hadn't delivered a knock out blow yet.

And then the smoke cleared. The arms were clearly damaged, the armor almost totally gone on part of the left one, but they looked functional, a fact confirmed by their movements a moment later. The Wizard's eyes lit up and the bits continued to swirl around. “I’m okay. I can still continue the fight. Don’t pause.” Värme's voice came over the radio, clearly in some pain, as she moved one of the bits into a shield position on the left arm as she readied her staff. “Let’s continue the fight, Mister Anderson. It seems you just earned my respect as a fighter.” She said, confirming her desire to continue the fight.

"Uh-huh." Anderson mumbled, focused on and already knowing what his next moves would be. He instantly generated footballs in both hands and quickly fired the one from his right at the Wizard Gundam, adding in two quick bursts from his vulcans on the off-chance they might hit the damaged arms, knowing that if they hit they now stood a chance of doing something real. As soon as the first pass was out of his hand, Chris was shifting the other beam ball from his left hand to his right, and firing his thrusters again, this time moving downward, curious how the damaged Wizard Gundam would react with the momentum of the fight clearly shifting to his side.

Tangerine

“hmp..” I already knew the speed and damage radius from that ball. As long as I keep enough distance to read the trajectory.. and Wizard accurately dodged the beam ball sideways using a push from its thrusters. The Vulcan attack scratched the outer surface of the shield, barely do any real damage. She didn’t waste time as she launched her counter.

My turn. “ArvenNui!

The 5 bits surrounding QB from some distance fired a short streak of beam bolts. Marcella didn’t think it would do any critical damage. The attack doesn’t have the punching power of silent glacier. But should enough to land some hard jab into Anderson’s thick skull , and make him preoccupied while she slowly healed herself from the pain.

Each bits needs few seconds cool down after one burst. But in unison of other bits they could close the gap enough to make any enemies think about getting fired by all of them at once. The only thing to QB's benefit was Värme's decision to kept them on safe distance to avoid losing more bits, hence the rather mediocre accuracy.
mcred23

Again Värme said something in some other language, but it tipped her move that she was going to do something with her bits. The five bits she was using in an attack role began to fire at him again, from five directions, but Anderson was already firing his thrusters to keep moving downward. One beam smashed into his left leg just above where the blue ankle armor met the white leg armor, taking a chunk out of the gundarium and feeling to Chris like a defensive lineman jumped on him while he was done, prompting Anderson to wince in pain again, but he kept his eyes open and kept the Quarterback Gundam moving downward. On reflex, he spotted several of them moving above him, and fired off the ball in his hand at one, hoping for a hit.

The QB Gundam dropped back to the floor of the arena, Anderson running as soon as his feet made contact, prompting him to grin through the pain as he again started circling, this time to his left. The pain in his leg was fading away, however slowly, and it had taken a slight step off of his speed, but it combined with the distance to make the fire from the bits largely useless at this point. His mind was still racing, and Chris knew he had made a mistake in his game plan, but still going his way.

Alright honey, lets put this thing out of reach! Chris thought to himself, before speaking; "Two Minute Drill," the three words were barely spoken and somewhat mumbled together, but instantly the Gundam was reacting to his verbal command. A timer appeared in the corner of his vison as the systems reacted to his command for the ultimate attack. The instant Two Minute Drill began, even before a second ticked away on Andersons' play clock, he had beam footballs in both hands. Anderson halted to a stop, planted his feet, and fired the first pass at the Wizard Gundam. Chris didn't put the same speed on this one, letting it go a little slower, but it still had the usual near perfect accuracy. The ball had barely cleared his hand when Chris switched the one from his left to his right and fired again, this one with the same lightning speed he had put on his other passes, before Anderson started running again, a scant two and a half seconds after stopping. Already, another ball flared to life in his right hand, which Anderson pump faked in the direction of the bits, wondering if the classic football move would have some effect as he kept scrambling to his left.

Tangerine

Marcella was pleased to see her bits were making progress, landing several hits on QB. Chris attempt to maul the bits with his beam ball was expected and meet with necessary speedy evasion. The bits performance was really good that day, the zero gravity really make them a lot more efficient than normal. Nevertheless it took out one of them out of range, making only 4 able to reach QB Gundam.

Meanwhile Chris was doing something big. His mumbled voice was heard and QB sudden reaction confirmed the action. Anderson’s ultimate… she thought while tensing all her muscle to react. Her bits closed the gap and did their firing rotation when QB bombarded beam balls into Wizard.

Wizard jumped and rolled to the right while readied her thrusters for the next attack. The first ball was somewhat off. Slow ball with bigger punch? Before she could doubt more, the second ball was coming in fast.

“Ack!!”

Wizard powerfully slammed the ground with its staff, giving them quick upward motion aided by calf and leg thrusters. Next she did a pole jumper method, using her staff to aid extending her jump upward. The beam ball flew harmlessly below Wizard, save for the staff. The middle portion of the long staff was blown to pieces, even the hard material doesn’t stand much chance against such attack.

What she saw next disheartened her more. A simple feint by QB effectively making a round of her bits attack missed. This forced her to pull some of her trick while her bits continued their attack desperately for more damage before they need to be rested or worse recharged.

Running her Gundam sideways on foot Marcella used what was left from her staff and one of her closer bit to fashion a weapon. Her Gundam multi purpose knife made by Neo Victorinox aided her greatly in securing the connection between the staff and the bits. Despite her posture learning traditional Swiss halberd and pole axe was on the menu in her training. But today she fancied scythe like weapon more due to the short staff she was left with. An elongated solid blue glowed beam and not the usual cold white beam were seen on the bits’ point.

This should be enough, as she braced herself for another attack.
mcred23

The bits were still trying to track after Anderson, but he was managing to keep ahead of them as he kept his eyes on the Wizard. With suprising speed, it managed to slam to the ground and avoid the shots, although smashed the staff. As the Wizard Gundam began running itself, it started to work with it's weapons, and at the same instant that in finished and a blue beam appeared from the rebuilt staff, Anderson struck again.

Again, Chris skidded to a halt, planted his feet and squared his shoulders perfectly and fired another pass. It was another with all the easy use of strength to put plenty of zip on the ball, which he fired ahead of the running Wizard Gundam. Compared to throwing to the fastest man in the NFL, which Anderson had done for two seasons, leading a pass ahead of the Wizard would be nothing. But again, Anderson didn't wait to see if it worked. Another beam ball was generated, and this one fired directly at the Wizard, ensuring it would likely pass behind, but Värme may dodge the first and blunder right into the second. He gave a quick tap of his vulcans in her direction, just for the hell of it, and generated two more beams. Chris expertly spun to his right, just as he would do in the pocket, and threw the ball in his right hand right at the cloud of bits that was still attempting to catch up, then underhanded the ball in his left at them as well. The second beam was clearly slower and a hair less accurate, but still bore the same power and at the very least would further keep the bits at bay. Another ball flared to life in his right hand as Anderson resumed his sprint to his left after his five second stop, keeping well away from the Wizard Gundam and increasing his distance from the annoying bits.

Tangerine

This beginning to feel like a dodge ball competition. She read the two pass being thrown at her. However, unlike dodge ball there isn’t any barrier that separates us.

The second one, she thought of the ball that was directly chasing her not the first one that seemed to catch her if she continued her run. And she launched Wizard forward into QB direction. The beam football seemed to block her way while Marcella carefully prepared herself for immediate parry. With a straight bat-like shape it would be impossible. But with the curvature of a scythe, it may just tip it a little bit off. Parrying instead of blocking.

Wizard ended her short distance sprint within second Marcella readied her footwork and twisted her body at an angle to the left countered the direction of the attack while keeping both her shoulder level. The beam ball was coming in fast which triggered a carefully but lightning fast parry at it.

Some of the vulcan rained at her direction while at the same time the first ball flying far to her left. In an instant after her near-perfect parry she was being thrown to the side while the beam ball passed slighly to the right. A burning sensation was aching in her right arm while she was falling down. She was slammed to the other direction, hitting the ground on her back that almost knocked the wind of her. As she winced from the added pain from her back and her left arm she completed a complete roll and kept Wizard ready in kneeling position. No much damage even from the vulcan, although there is slight burning sensation all over her body after being that close to the beam football.

As quickly as she could she launched herself again. An opportunity arise when QB fired twice at her bits, Wizard sprinted and soon will close the distance while the bits trying to keep the pressure despite QB’s attack that made them have to keep their distance.
mcred23

Anderson saw the perry and subsequent roll that led to the Wizard starting its own sprint, trying to close the distance with him, but he knew that wouldn't work. Anderson knew he and the Quarterback Gundam were faster than Värme and the Wizard, and the bits were still back in the distance. Chris knew he needed to get in some hits.

Once more, Anderson skidded to a halt, generating a ball in his left hand as he threw the ball in his right. The first pass was another tight, perfectly level pass that rocketed out of his hand, again leading the target slightly. Chris expertly switched the ball to his right hand as soon as the first left his hand, resetting his feet and bringing his arm back once more as he again generated a ball in his left hand and threw. This pass was a touch one that arced far more than any of the others he had thrown, it looked like it would go high, but Anderson knew the beam would curve back just like a real football would, although he hadn't given enough lead. The next beam pass was another laser guided rocket directly at the Wizard Gundam, and the fourth was similarly level, but again thrown well in front of the Wizards' current path. Pass five was a second touch ball, actually a hair behind the target, while number six was tighter and perhaps too far in front. The seventh and final throw was another touch one that looked painfully slow and way to high, they always did, but unlike the first six, Anderson again pivoted and lobbed it in the direction of the bits to discourage them, before the Quarterback Gundam went back to sprinting left.

The entire process of getting off the seven passes had taken an even six seconds, which infuriated Anderson to an untold degree. He'd performed countless quick ball drills exactly like the one he'd just done on the Wizard Gundam, but the standard for him was usually eight on target passes in six seconds. Damn, another pass would have been nice! Anderson raged in his mind, But there's no way she'll totally avoid 'em all this time. And that, he knew, was what really mattered.

Chris was feeling it a bit in his arm now, and was slightly winded, but all in all Anderson was totally used to everything that was going on at the moment, fully in the swing of things. This was totally normal for him, both in terms of football games, and he'd been in every kind of those, and Gundam fights, of which he'd done enough over the previous year. He was still sprinting left, but started slanting slightly towards the Wizard Gundam, as he knew he still had nearly a minute and a half left of the timed ultimate attack, and had several ideas on how to use it in this situation.

mcred23

(OOC: It's been over 72 hours, so I gotta call hits...)

The barrage of pinkish-red beam balls raced in at the Wizard Gundam.

Värme managed to avoid the first rocket ball by stopping short, reading it for what it was, but the second pass fooled her. She was turning in an attempt to repeat her parry with the staff when the ball came in and connected with the upper left shoulder of the Wizard Gundam. The beam did obvious damage to that side of the Wizard's torso, exactly how much wasn't clear to Anderson, but as the Neo Swiss Gundam was spun by the beam, the damaged left arm simply fell off. Anderson had lost an arm of his Gundam in a fight before, and had a good idea of how painful the damage to the mobile fighter could be. The third beam burned through the bottom of the staff, which Värme dropped, and clipped the Wizard slightly on the hip, which spun her in the other direction before she fell to the ground a few meters from her staff. The lack of gravity caused both to bounce off the arena floor and start floating upwards, slowly.

Beam four missed as a result, but beam five, another arc that came in slightly downward, landed close enough that Värme may have caught some of the heat of the beam, while beam six missed just like the fourth pass had. Anderson took a few steps directly at his now downed opponent, before turning to continue circling the enemy when a flash caught his attention. Off in the distance, his beam had clipped a bit and destroyed it, while the three or four that were left, Chris wasn't sure how many there were, moved around in the distance in evasive moves, but really didn't close.

Anderson slowed his pace just a hair, which would just add to his accuracy, as he again generated a beam football in each hand. Again, he almost causally flicked his right arm and wrist, sending another fast ball out toward the cloud of bits in the distance, and once again swapped the other beam from his left hand to his right, only this time he held the ball up near his chest, to better quickly snap it off toward a target. "Miss, we both know how this is gonna end..." Chris breathed quietly as he continued to jog, lest she try something on her own or the bits suddenly close the distance, "You can let this end now, or I can just make it worse for ya..." He trailed off. She was unarmed, the bits were far enough away and he was keeping an eye on them, and Chris knew he could get off at least one, if not two or three, quick passes at her before she could reach her staff.

It was like being up by 30 with three minutes left in the game. Chris knew he was going to win, it was just a question of if the other team was going to make some clearly futile effort, like going for it on a 4th and long or something similarly foolish. It was usually called playing for pride, or trying to take the sting off a loss, but they just often backfired and merely forced the winning team to add to their lead...