Super Robot Wars L

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Vent Noir

Super Robot Wars L

Super Robot Wars L announced for Nintendo DS

Release date: Nov 25th, 2010

Series list (new series in bold):
Evangelion (movie)
Fight! Iczer One
Iczer-3
Dancougar Nova
Macross Frontier
Linebarrels of Iron

Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
Gundam SEED
Gundam SEED Destiny
Combattler V
Voltes V
Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu
Kotetsushin Jeeg
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser vs Great General of Darkness
Godannar
Godannar Second Season

Iczer-One and Iczer-3 are in it?

SOLD!!!!!

(Macross Frontier and Dancougar Nova don't hurt, either)
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Mu La Flaga

Re: Super Robot Wars L

D'oh on accidentally making a thread not long after yours and not noticing it but still this game looks awesome, far more appealing then SRW K did
DuelGundam2099

I have a dollar saying Combattler V mooks will get the short end of the stick compared to everyone else as usual. :lol: Wonder if Banpresto's gonna put in some more Mimetic Beasts since they kind of just stopped at 18 with the exception of the third and second to last episode's Super Type in K. I swear I've never heard of Izer or Linebarrels. Finally there's Macross Frontier, I take it Zero's not gonna get love for a while.

Of course, the biggest of them on my mind is Rebuild of Evangelion, will it have just 1.0 or will they do 2.0? Maybe 3.0? Banpresto original angels maybe? :lol:
Wingnut

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Of course, the biggest of them on my mind is Rebuild of Evangelion, will it have just 1.0 or will they do 2.0? Maybe 3.0? Banpresto original angels maybe? :lol:
There's nothing that says they have to cover everything in one game, and in fact Banpresto has stopped short in the past. In Alpha 2 for example the storyline for GaoGaiGar only went up to the final battle in Tokyo against EI-01. The rest of the TV series and FINAL was covered in Alpha 3.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

There's nothing that says they have to cover everything in one game
Oh I know, I was just wondering if 2.0 is gonna happen here is all. I REALLY don't think they're going to do 3.0 since it doesn't even have an official name yet. :lol:

Also, no Getter Robo? Is Banpresto giving the Getters a leave of absence or something?
ZeroBusterXX

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
There's nothing that says they have to cover everything in one game
Oh I know, I was just wondering if 2.0 is gonna happen here is all. I REALLY don't think they're going to do 3.0 since it doesn't even have an official name yet. :lol:

Also, no Getter Robo? Is Banpresto giving the Getters a leave of absence or something?
After Ken Ishikawa's death, the rights to Getter Robo went up quite a bit in price. Banpresto only saves Getter for big console releases now. Well, usually at least.

I'm not really wowed by this list yet. EVA movie version and the Linebarrels of Iron manga is pretty meh to me.

Here's a rough translation of the game's story though. Credit goes to sou of Gamefaqs.

has been a century after human start going to space, but the road had been tough.
Atomic war, war against ancient "Evil Empire" (Jeeg), lack of food on Earth resulting issue with taking food from Space Colonies.

"15 years ago, "Second Impact" occurred.
Forces such as Darius (Gaiking), Katou Organization (Linebarrels), Dancougar appears.
As a result, countries start increasing their military strength and indirectly affect those people living in space.

5 yeas ago, human fought against Mimetic Beasts (Godannar).
Although achieving victory, tension between human still exist and a terror act done by the Colony side 3 years ago made things worse.

2 years ago, an 1 year war (Earth vs Colony?) saw victory from the Earth side but each countries defense had been heavily weaken.
Seeing this as a chance, the Mecha Beast (Mazinger) shows up and the Earth unites with the Colonies to fight against them.
Mecha Beast & Mikene are defeated, peace finally came.

But soon after, Darius begins their full strike and Evil Empire's seal is broken.

Now, visitor from the outside world comes in contact and new battles begins."
DuelGundam2099

After Ken Ishikawa's death, the rights to Getter Robo went up quite a bit in price. Banpresto only saves Getter for big console releases now. Well, usually at least.
Wow, that's gotta suck especially since Getter Robo G is my second favorite old school super robot after Combattler V.

As for that translation it's pretty good, although I'd like to point out real quick that's Haniwa Empire, not Evil Empire. :wink: Also, judging by a pic Mu posted in his topic, looks like Rebuild 1.0 AND 2.0 will be in. Will Banpresto reveal the names of Tunny and Clocky? Will Sahaquiel finally have a SRW debut? Will Zeruel come in and utterly destroy everyone? The answer this Christmas.
Kuruni

I have only one comment...

I wish the original made it a meaningful title. You known...Loli :mrgreen: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
ZeroBusterXX

Kuruni wrote:I have only one comment...

I wish the original made it a meaningful title. You known...Loli :mrgreen: .
If that was the title, don't you think that the Zeorymer manga or even 00F would be in it?
DuelGundam2099

Found this at EvaGeeks, guy that posted it said it's from Chara Hobby.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5270/c26r.jpg

Basically Unit 02's confirmed for anyone that cares. Yeah. I sense clock angel getting in, maybe even Sahaquiel.
Mu La Flaga

PV is up on youtube, this looks good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Hp1UEewGQ
DuelGundam2099

Ooh, nice vid. Lets look at the mook rundown, shall we (I haven't seen Linebarrels or Iczer so don't panic):

Large Type Vajra (Macross Frontier)
What I assume is Iczer 2
Rebuild Sachiel (Rebuild of Evangelion)
I can't really tell, but I think Type 16 (Godannar, first season)
Balba (Steel God Jeeg)
Destroy Gundam (SEED Destiny)
Rebuild Shamshel (he was already confirmed)
GINN (SEED)
Either Flying Type or Type 23, the pale coloring makes it hard to tell (Godannar, first season)
R-Daigun (yes!)
Magura (Steel God Jeeg or Neo Ranga)
Vent Noir

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Ooh, nice vid. Lets look at the mook rundown, shall we (I haven't seen Linebarrels or Iczer so don't panic):

What I assume is Iczer 2
Iczer-2 is a redheaded elf-looking woman. I think the mecha Iczer-1 (and her mecha, Iczer Robo) was fighting was the Delos Theta, but it could have been Iczer-2's mecha, Iczer Sigma.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Burnsoul

This might seem like a stupid question, but it's one I've learned to ask nonetheless:

Is it gonna arrive in America?

Just asking, since SRW has a low rate for American games. They're at 4 outta how many again?
Mu La Flaga

95% certain that the standard answer of no applies as always.
So why ask?
DuelGundam2099

It's all due to licensing issues no less, not so much the companies because most of them are under Bandai, but because some series have been released through various distributors and everyone of those wants the biggest piece of said pie. They could release a lot of the older Game Boy and SNES games since only Gundam and Dunbine have gotten US releases in those. Although even then, even if the lawyers sorted through everything, who's the primary demographic? People that like turn based strategies AND mech anime? Anime fans come in a real diverse variety and based on what I've seen mech isn't exactly "the top", that's more for art and drama lovers *shrivels*. As for gamers, first person shooters are the main genre going here in the States as far as I can tell, not to mention strategy games on consoles don't exactly have a "solid record".
ZeroBusterXX

Burnsoul wrote:This might seem like a stupid question, but it's one I've learned to ask nonetheless:

Is it gonna arrive in America?

Just asking, since SRW has a low rate for American games. They're at 4 outta how many again?
There are three SRW games with an official US release.

And they're all OG games, so no tricky licensing to worry about.

Supposedly that one for the 3DS that was revealed on the list of 3DS titles in development will arrive in the States though, so there's that to look forward to.
Mu La Flaga

Curiously what makes you think it's coming down to the US?
Have they release more details on that game yet?
ZeroBusterXX

The games on the list were only things getting a US release.

Terada supposedly made some comments about it on his blog, but I can't remember any of the stuff that was translated.
Mu La Flaga

Also in a new bit of news, Super Robot Wars L pre-order is up on playasia now.
I'm off to put my pre-order down for this.

Pre-order link.
http://www.play-asia.com/Super_Robot_Ta ... -3yds.html