Ep. 060 - Ice Cold Haterade!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Ep. 060 - Ice Cold Haterade!

Hey, I was willing to drop it. But since Neo went to the trouble of bringing out the Straight Talk Express, I imagine he wants people to change their opinion of him as an 'Eva hater.' As such, he's gotta be willing to change some of his actions that paint him as one.

I mean, if I wanted people to stop thinking I was a pedobear, it wouldn't work if I always had a loli in my avatar, now would it?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Mu La Flaga

I thought the fact he decided to use the Straight Talk Express to address the issue instead of making it worse should have been one reason alone for starters.

He stated himself he doesn't hate it, Neo is just critical of it, obviously he is critical more so of Evangelion as opposed other anime series though.

Hence the difference between criticism and hate.
Also if you were willing to drop it Destiny Gundam you would have tried to understand his viewpoint, rather then making this in to Eva Bash 2.0 the Rebuild :P

That is all I am saying on this before WW3 gets unleashed.
Destiny_Gundam

Mu La Flaga wrote:He stated himself he doesn't hate it, Neo is just critical of it, obviously he is critical more so of Evangelion as opposed other anime series though.

Hence the difference between criticism and hate.
I'm aware of the difference, but I'm sorry I have a hard time buying "I never say anything good about Eva and I'm always putting it down, but I do like it!"

Well I guess that means he's a tsundere then.
Mu La Flaga wrote:Also if you were willing to drop it Destiny Gundam you would have tried to understand his viewpoint
I do understand his viewpoint. He thinks the series was fine the first time around and didn't need any remakes. If it was left just at that I'd have no problem, but he's constantly bringing it up whenever Eva is mentioned. I'd just like him to cut back on that, that's all.

But I'll just go back to biting my tongue.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Mu La Flaga

Ah but again, he said never he liked it, nor does he hate it, his opinion is neutral on it.
For an example of something Neo has said he doesn't like Raxephon is one he did say he doesn't like.

He is just critical of it, doesn't mean he outright hates it, he is the guy who also offers up humor on the show.
That is how I see it coming from Neo, it's like a love-hate bashing thing since it's so overhyped or over exposed.

I mean I'm just going to say it, that as before with Eva I feel simillar.
I mean I'm critical of it because Gainax make it one of their big cash titles and everything with the various retellings/remakes of it(which I covered all before I have ALL of those, so does Neo)

I know why you feel that way, he doesn't define his critsisms of Eva, like what he dislikes about it.

For me it's simple to cut it down to the stuff which is worth watching is.
The tv series, End of Evangelion and the remake movies(not counting 1.01 btw)

I'm not trying to have a go at you, I'm just wondering your so vocal about it and you raised it from the dead again.
You can always PM him about it, alternative solution :)
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

If you ever listen to me, you will always hear my reasons. I may not always list them each time, but they're there.
Always remember I practice educated hate and there are plenty of other things I'm critical of.

I'm glad Mu La Flaga understood my haterd of Ranka. Whereas Sheryl was maybe a little self absorded in the beginning due to the issues she had, she matured and became a better person in the end. Ranka, well, she became more self absorbed and annoying.

And Peter, you're my favorite Loli Lord, but I enjoy messing with you. Oh and its: Asuka, Asuka, Koyji.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Chavelo

What movie is the excerpt from after the opening add?
Soul Bro Ryu

Chavelo wrote:What movie is the excerpt from after the opening add?
The famous monologue performed by the late Peter Finch in the 1976 movie, "Network". A cinema classic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90ELleCQvew
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Mu La Flaga

hawk of endymion wrote:If you ever listen to me, you will always hear my reasons. I may not always list them each time, but they're there.
Always remember I practice educated hate and there are plenty of other things I'm critical of.

I'm glad Mu La Flaga understood my haterd of Ranka. Whereas Sheryl was maybe a little self absorded in the beginning due to the issues she had, she matured and became a better person in the end. Ranka, well, she became more self absorbed and annoying.

And Peter, you're my favorite Loli Lord, but I enjoy messing with you. Oh and its: Asuka, Asuka, Koyji.
I think your refering to Evangelion there Neo.
I have NOT seen Macross Frontier so I have no commentary available on Ranka and Sheryl yet :P

Burned! hehe :mrgreen:

Besides Neo I listed an example of something you dislike or come close to hating, which is Raxephon as I stated.
Chavelo

Right on. Thanks Ryu. :D

I was listening at work. I was getting so pumped up! I was tempted to punch my supervisor out! xD
jabman025

Okay finnaly got around to listening to this show, aside from the "Live with Emperor Palpatine" which was disturbing on virtualy every level this was great show.

As for the most annoying character's in mecha there are really only 4 that reach the level of me wanting to hit them with a shovel.

1. Nina Purpleton from Gundam 0083, why oh why wouldn't someone kill that bitch!

2. Rolo Lamperouge from Code Geass, a character that served no real purpose, he could have been killed episode one and nothing would be lost in that whole series.

3. Shin Auska from Gundam Seed Destiny, and yes I know I defend this series but Shin's goals and stated dreams made no sense when champared with his actions. I was waiting for the whole seires to seen Athrun pwn that little punk.

4. Saji Crossroad from Gundam 00, sorry Soul Bro but in season 2 of the show he really drove me nuts. In season 1 I liked him had added a little humor to the series, and his interations with Louise and Setsuna were great. But in season 2 he made no damn sense and became a crying little bitch. He wants to save his girl but he also refuses to fight and he never seemed to figure out that to save the ones you love sometimes ho have to fight.

Oh and one more thing, did Austin actually wish Karlmon the baby from Victory gundam death because he cried too much! :shock: Seriously!!!
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Taekmkm

I have NOT seen Macross Frontier so I have no commentary available on Ranka and Sheryl yet :P
It's pretty much Misa and Minmay, except make them both songstress and shove every redeemable thing about Minmay into Misa. There, Sheryl and Ranka.
Matthew Grawbadger

Torch of Hate? Isn't that what Austin calls his Captain Winky? Love the bile too.
Dollow

This is truly a hate ep, from the music to the forums, this ep is all anout hate. I think ep was good, and I think one of these days Gen. Hate should be on an Anime Toilet for some show.

That Debate that the General was talking about, I think it should be a Flawless Debate.

Sorry I can't give much feedback at this time as I very busy with a "project" at the moment and it's going to take a long time to do.

But a good ep I just wish there was a break because I felt like the show was very short even with it being 2 hours.

Thank you and keep up the good work guys.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Strike Zero

jabman025 wrote:2. Rolo Lamperouge from Code Geass, a character that served no real purpose, he could have been killed episode one and nothing would be lost in that whole series.
Ditto here. At the very least, it would have helped if the writers had made him a girl instead of a boy. That way, his borderline-infatuation with his "nii-san" would have been less creepy, and we would have gotten an extra loli to boot. It's a double-win!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Mu La Flaga

Dollow wrote:This is truly a hate ep, from the music to the forums, this ep is all anout hate. I think ep was good, and I think one of these days Gen. Hate should be on an Anime Toilet for some show.

That Debate that the General was talking about, I think it should be a Flawless Debate.

Sorry I can't give much feedback at this time as I very busy with a "project" at the moment and it's going to take a long time to do.

But a good ep I just wish there was a break because I felt like the show was very short even with it being 2 hours.

Thank you and keep up the good work guys.
You know Dollow that is a good idea, to have General Austin around for Anime Toilet spotlights so his hatred can be unleashed and put to good use.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

This ep had me laughing so much that I couldn't hold my pencil straight when drawing, and I kept screwing up combos in GvsGN+. I still beat FINAL NEXT with the Sazabi, though. Shot Kira right in the face. :D
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

jabman025 wrote:
Oh and one more thing, did Austin actually wish Karlmon the baby from Victory gundam death because he cried too much! :shock: Seriously!!!
The General's position on war orphans is tough, but fair.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
mobiusdiablo

hawk of endymion wrote: The General's position on war orphans is tough, but fair.
HOW does that even work? If that's the case, he has to hate ALL of the Meisters from 00-, scratch that, half of the show's cast if you think about it.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Mu La Flaga

As much as the General likes to hate, his logic is sometimes flawed.
Or he has soft spots for some things like 08th MS Team and Gundam X.

EIDT:

Also my contributions of hate for this episode namely would be Aquarion.
Namely Sirius and Slyvia, with Sirius and his arrogant tone and all that and Sylvia's brotherly love complex which seemed wrong.

Not much else I can think of to add.
skyknight

Welcome to the Playa-Hater's Ball!

All we missed was the goodie-two-shoe Soul Bro Ryu!

Man, when Hater-Gen. Austin is on, its all off!

The Gundam franchise has many characters that have annoyed me.
- Zeta: I liked Emma as the elder-sister figure to straighten Kamile; but rest assure I hate the 2 war orphans that Char brought aboard, I hate Beltorchika with her bitchy attuide and her hard-to-spell name, I hate Sarah and Katz, but not as much for a later pair of kids, and I HATE Reccoa for blaming others for her own problems (she deserves more hatred than Emma!).

- CCA + 08th MS Team: KIDS KIDS KIDS!

- Wing: I felt the script for the characters weren't well developed, but I am annoyed by Wufei's self-centralism, Relena and Dorthy's ideals, and WTF Quzines!

- X & Turn-A: not too many to hate

- SEED + Destiny: SEED for Kuzzey (a wimp trying to rat out Kira!?); Destiny for its grand failure by dragging down all the characters with its S**TTY storyline.

Macross Frontier, I do hate Alto for being indecisive, and not quite honest with his feelings, despite saying that all he wants is to fly. But I don't hate either Cheryl or Ranka, as they have polarizing development, one whom would fall down hard from the top, and the other to rise high against all expectations. I do agree with ya'll on Zero.

Code Geass, I do wonder what the producers and writers had in vision for this series. I do agree in the first season, there is bigotry on both sides - no one is totally innocence (except for Eupthy and Nanally!), I do hate some characters from all sides, but IMO, it was to serve as in-plot for the great divide between all humans. Now R2 is the one that I have a beef with - I am still trying to watch all eps again on DVD! - since the news characters are shallow when compared to S1. My bro and I did joke that Rolo is "handsome Golom," just replace "my precious" with "nii-san" and I'll think you would understand. Gino, another handsome guy whom just killed one of the 4 Heavenly Swordsman, so what!?. Xingke and Tianzi, both are s**t characters that followed other anime's cliche! Kanon, does he do his services in the office and in the bed as well?

Gundam 00, not trying to be bias, but I do want to wait of for the movie to assure my position on the series. And I do think that S2 was weaker in character development, as I would agree with you guys on the characters.

Yet still, guys, you should shout out some time in the future if you have an event that you want to go to, rest assure that I am not going to stalk you guys if you are to attending any conferences that I am also interested in. But I do need money as well to go to any conferences...
How much better is being a Creepy Bishonen compared to an AEUG slapping boy?

If Ginrai, the Japanese truck driver living in America, can be the leader of Cybertron Forces, then what can a pizza delivery boy be?

My Items on Sale

PSN: skyknight0100