Gundam Unicorn Novel Ending

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dollow

Gundam Unicorn Novel Ending

Does anyone know what happens at the end of novels for Gundam Unicorn?

If no one knows ok, I am just very curious.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
J-Lead

Re: Gundam Unicorn Novel Ending

Spoiler
Mineva reveals Laplace's box and it's contents to the public via broadcast, Unicorn Gundam becomes god for a little bit before it goes all "fuck humans, ur all too stoopid for me" and seals itself off, and Banagher Terry Schiavos Kamille-style. (temporarily.)

Yep, I totally just used Terry Schiavo as a verb.
At least that's what I gathered from random spoilers from the internets.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

What is Laplace's box ? What makes it so important?

I would wait till I see the OVA but seriously it's taking to long to be released that I just wanna know.
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
Chris
Administrator

MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot wrote:What is Laplace's box ? What makes it so important?

I would wait till I see the OVA but seriously it's taking to long to be released that I just wanna know.
If you REALLY want to know, I'll tell you, but don't say you weren't warned....
Spoiler
From what I gather, Laplace's Box contains the original charter for the Universal Century, which states in part that if advanced people start to appear after humanity colonizes space, the Federation should step aside and let them rule themselves. Basically, everything that didn't actually happen in UC history.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

I knew that was it.

I thought that was kinda predictable.

I was hoping something different something a bit more interesting.
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
J-Lead

MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot wrote:I knew that was it.

Well, the first episode made it a lot more obvious than the creators probably intended, although the fact that the novel is out and quite available in japan probably alleviates the issue over there.
Dark Duel

Somehow I suspected that was it from comments I'd read here and at the now defunct Zeonic-Republic/Zeonic-Corps forums.
But it's nice to know that for once my suspicions were correct.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deacon Blues

Hey, my forums aren't defunct! >:|
Dollow

Thanks guys, I look all over the net and got nothing.

To Deacon Blues: are you going to ever finish your summaries of Unicorn?
Last edited by Dollow on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
J-Lead

Dollow wrote:I don't know if it happens but I am going to called this out, I think Banagher dies at the end of the novel.
Spoiler
From what I've read, he doesn't die (though some people seem to have gotten that idea at first.) He goes temporarily comatose when the Unicorn takes his soul... or something like that. To be honest, I don't think the reader fully understood what the hell was going on himself.

That's assuming the online spoilers were correct and I wasn't being trolled to hell and back, but they seemed to be pretty consistent throughout, and I haven't heard anything to the contrary so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Even if that wasn't the case, I sincerely doubt Banagher dies, because that is a much simpler fate, and we would have heard something a lot more conclusive on the subject by now.
Chris
Administrator

Dollow wrote:I don't know if it happens but I am going to called this out, I think Banagher dies at the end of the novel.
Regardless of whether this is true or not, we have SPOILER tags specifically for this sort of thing. Use them.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Dollow

Sorry
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
CidHighwind

Originally, Laplace's box was gonna have a crystal skull in it that could awaken aliens, but then that idea was taken, so we got something a little more mundane.
J-Lead wrote:
Spoiler
From what I've read, he doesn't die (though some people seem to have gotten that idea at first.) He goes temporarily comatose when the Unicorn takes his soul... or something like that. To be honest, I don't think the reader fully understood what the hell was going on himself.

That's assuming the online spoilers were correct and I wasn't being trolled to hell and back, but they seemed to be pretty consistent throughout, and I haven't heard anything to the contrary so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Even if that wasn't the case, I sincerely doubt Banagher dies, because that is a much simpler fate, and we would have heard something a lot more conclusive on the subject by now.
Lets hope like hell he doesnt disappear in a flash of light so Chris doesnt have to RAGE about people asking him
Spoiler
"if Banagher dies at the end"
Kratos

Simplicity has its place, I think. It's not what is contained within, but the potential impact of it, and in this case it's enormous. The idea that something so simple could shake the foundation of the world to its core is a very elegant one.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
CidHighwind

Well, the real shame is how we know it really didn't amount to squat, even 30 years later. Oh well.
Rawinder

You know, if you guys are going to tell Dollow to spoiler tag his post, the least you could do is *not* quote the spoiler yourselves. :P
Hi_Nu_Gundam

CidHighwind wrote:Well, the real shame is how we know it really didn't amount to squat, even 30 years later. Oh well.
who says it didn't?:
Spoiler
Maybe the revelation of the box is what gave people the resolve to create Crossbone Vanguard and the Zanscare Empire
Things never to say/ask on MAHQ:

Did Char and Amuro Really die?
I think Wing is better than UC.
Really, are Char and Amuro Dead?
Gundam Seed Destiny was a great show, better than Turn A!
Where can I find Gundam hentai?
Seriously people, did Char and Amuro die or not!?
HalfDemonInuyasha

Well, he means that it never does happen as far as we can see.

Sure it could've possibly influenced some future organization creations like that, but they all FAILED in the long-run.

The Crossbone Vanguard becoming more of a mercenary pirate band and pretty much fading into obscurity, and Zanscare losing its ultimate weapon, its queen, and its Jupiter-related bigwig supporter and probably ending up collapsing. Each new group wanting to "rule themselves" were really just more attempts at dictatorship like the Zabi-related Zeon was. Basically, the original Zeon Zum Deikun-related Republic of Zeon is more what it probably had envisioned before it was taken over by the Zabis.

Of course, even besides those groups, the charter probably wouldn't come to pass as (natural) Newtypes DRASTICALLY decrease in number after ZZ. (There weren't even that many natural Newtypes before.)
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Hi_Nu_Gundam

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:Well, he means that it never does happen as far as we can see.

Sure it could've possibly influenced some future organization creations like that, but they all FAILED in the long-run.

The Crossbone Vanguard becoming more of a mercenary pirate band and pretty much fading into obscurity, and Zanscare losing its ultimate weapon, its queen, and its Jupiter-related bigwig supporter and probably ending up collapsing. Each new group wanting to "rule themselves" were really just more attempts at dictatorship like the Zabi-related Zeon was. Basically, the original Zeon Zum Deikun-related Republic of Zeon is more what it probably had envisioned before it was taken over by the Zabis.

Of course, even besides those groups, the charter probably wouldn't come to pass as (natural) Newtypes DRASTICALLY decrease in number after ZZ. (There weren't even that many natural Newtypes before.)
How did they drastically decrease? Remember Angel Halo from V, wasnt that thing powered by hundreds if not thousands of Newtypes?

Hi_Nu_Gundam

Also if Turn A is to be considered the far future of the UC, then it does work in the end, as all the space colonies have long since left the Solar System. That probably explains why there aren't any Newtypes in Turn A, they're all long gone