Another Century's Episode R

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Wingnut

Re: Another Century's Episode R

Like I said on the video page of someone else that posted it, it seems that the story might be similar to SRW Z in that all the characters from the various worlds get sucked into this new one like what happened with the Orguss dimension bomb in Z, but here it seems that Aquarion has something to do with the shenanigans this time. I'm basing this mainly on the scene with something big happening with the Aquarion people and then the distortion bubble followed by confusion in the voices of most of the characters involved.
Also plenty of Dijeh love in the video too so it may be a while before the player gets the Nu Gundam.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Deathonator

Can't wait to see that glorious six mobile suit team in HD, the Destiny pilots in the people they are Expy's of, teaming up. I'm not the only person that thinks that is incredibly cool, right?
DuelGundam2099

^You're not, I think it's awesome too. Anyway, lets see what enemies we've got (note: I know nothing about Orguss or Crossbone Gundam).

From Zeta Gundam we've got Marasais, Hizacks, what appears to be a Gapplant at 0:55, some other suit the Dijeh fights I'm assuming a Barzam, and Hambrabis.

From Macross Frontier we've got both large and small Vajra, a Vajra Queen at 1:12, and Knight class ships.

From King Gainer we have what I believe is the Mexbrute, Dorbecks, and Brunhilde.

From Aquarion we've got Harvest Beasts, Cherubim Soldiers, what appears to be Cherubim Verizeva getting Mugen Punched, Cherubim Grave, and Cherubim Iskuron fighting Cybuster (Hell yes!).

From SEED Destiny we've got Strike Dagger Ls and....... What is that thing at 2:49?

From Macross Zero we have what I think are Mark 1 Monsters (?), SV-51s, and the Bird Human in all it's beam spamming glory.

From R2 we've got what I think are Leung Tans, Sutherlands, the Tristan, and the Mordred.

From Full Metal Panic we've got Behemoth (going ridiculously fast I might add) and surprisingly that's it (really? no Codarl?)

Times are in the first promo vid.
AmuroNT1

R2 also has the Gang Lou (seen on the website under Shinkirou's pics), Vincent Ward (seen eating Shinkirou's Burst attack in the first part of PV2), and the Percival (seen with the other Rounds when the Time Dilation Bomb is pulling everyone in).

Destiny also has the Windam and the Destroy.

Crossbone...well, all I've seen so far is 2/3 of the the Death Gale Team (Quavarze and Abijo). Hopefully we'll get more, because I REALLY wanted to have the final battle with Dugatie and the Divinidad recreated here.

Also, the Macross Quarter and Avalon seem to have come along, or else will show up later, as can be seen (about 2:00 in the Part 2 video I posted).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
DuelGundam2099

Also, the Macross Quarter and Avalon seem to have come along, or else will show up later, as can be seen (about 2:00 in the Part 2 video I posted).
Avalon I kind of forgot even existed and to be honest I can't really tell the Quarter and Frontier apart (that and I was trying to find the Macross Galaxy so I wasn't thinking of it). It's strange we haven't seen Legend Gundam yet, maybe it's a boss *shrugs*. Since I didn't see Glen among the Aquarion characters chances are the Assault Type Aquarions won't appear.
AmuroNT1

I wouldn't hold my breath on Legend. They've already said it won't be playable, Destiny is almost over by the start of the game, and it looks like what plot it does get will center on a resurgence of the Alliance/LOGOS, so Rey is probably off doing other stuff when the three guys get teleported to Eria.

Similarly, they've already confirmed that we just get the three main forms of Aquarion, so don't expect Assault to show up either.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

I had always wished for true SRW OG appearances in A.C.E. (the Gespenst Mk. II in A.C.E. 1 alone just didn't cut it)......

Those hopes had died with the announcement of A.C.E. Final......

And came back with A.C.E. R.......

Now, I be blessed.........

GLORIOUS!!!!! ( http://www.lyricstime.com/rina-aiuchi-g ... yrics.html :D )

I actually never played SRW O.G.s (yet), so it'll be nice to use the ART-1 in action with a more personal touch. :) Of course, that preview clearly (and most likely intentionally) doesn't do Cybuster anywhere near true justice until near the end. No complete sequence for the Akashic Buster, Cosmo Nova, or even a Cyflash? pfft

I like the way chase mode looks though. It reminds me of the similar thing they had in Gundam: Encounters in Space back on the PS2.

I wonder if the pilot changing feature will have anything beyond cosmetic importance. (i.e. hearing Sagara Sousuke in the Nu Gundam) Then again, I'd bet the pilot change feature will only be limited to same series/anime-line. (unable to swap pilots being mobile suits and Arm Slaves, for example)

Geez, the Behemoth sure moves a heck of a lot faster in that trailer.

And is that Ryuusei in the ART-1 versus Kyousuke in the Alteisen??!! I bet there are people who've dreamed of that versus matchup since the split-route setup of SRW OG1. I couldn't help but find the cross-headbutt at the end of that part hilarious though. ^^b

It occured to me when I saw the Zeta, Hyakushiki, and Dijeh back-to-back with the Destiny, S-F, and I-J, that it's rather interesting that they chose Z Gundam and GSD for A.C.E. R considering all the fantalk about how GSD is a rip off of Zeta. (not that I subscribe to that, fyi :P )

And I definitely LOL-ed at Bonta-kun. It's one thing to know it's going to be there; seeing it with your own eyes is another thing entirely. :D
AthrunX23s

Seeing the gameplay vids really hooked me up and motivated me into saving for a PS3. :mrgreen: Really like the new gameplay modes and it looks way more fast-paced than ACE3. And of course....Bonta-kun. :lol:
The Chief of Braves

It irks me that I still don't have a PS3 yet despite the game is getting released soon. My work is taking up a lot of my time that I'm not sure if I'll even play it often but I digress. The game looks awesome so far and I really do hope that the hype it's getting is worth it. I might even just buy the game first before I get my hands on a PS3 just because I can, and play it once I do and have eased up my work schedule.
It doesn’t take much intelligence to sneak up on a leaf.
You can lead a human to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Humanity is a silly species, doomed to extinction.
The superior strives to lead, the inferior seeks to dominate.
DuelGundam2099

Looks like Black Ninja Overman XAN from Super Robot Wars Z Special Disc is going to make his first "real" debut as seen in this new commerical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8YewZ3tO6M

The quality is terrible, but you can tell it's him (or it? or her? what's the story on this guy exactly?).

And for those who aren't familiar with the guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Wwr8deAh8
Shinji103

Hey, did anybody else hear about this? Over on Animesuki forums, I hear that you can make custom BGM tracks using music stoed on your PS3 HDD.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... ost3196032

It's about bloody freaking time they started to use HDD stored music like this. And they started with A.C.E. R. Jolly good, mate! :)

Looks like it can only play AAC 128kbps, MP3 128 kbps though. (shouldn't be hard to be convert any MP#s that aren't those settings though)
AmuroNT1

Yeah, the game just came out in Japan and there have been a few streams. Apparently it takes about 12 hours to complete a single route, and the series you start with does affect the overall ending.

The final boss is apparently much harder than the bosses of the last two games (considering 3's boss was flippin' Shin Dragon, that's quite a feat), but the boss also monologues for like five minutes straight.

Also, it looks like there are a number of hidden units for each series. Mostly it's just blank slots, but it's been confirmed that C.C.'s Lancelot Frontier is in.s

ZeroBusterXX

Spoiler
Nineball from Armored Core is apparently a boss in this. I grinned like an idiot when I saw the picture.
DuelGundam2099

Look what I found on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCDkjZT726c

Bonta-Kun takes out two 60 foot bots (Banpresto ACE: R originals?) and everyone's reaction, well, see for yourself. BTW is the mech at 1:45 the new original?
AmuroNT1

Bonta-kun foreva!

And the mecha at 1:45 is the Alphat, the ACE Original robot for this game.

Shinji103

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Look what I found on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCDkjZT726c

Bonta-Kun takes out two 60 foot bots (Banpresto ACE: R originals?) and everyone's reaction, well, see for yourself. BTW is the mech at 1:45 the new original?
I totally balled over when I saw that was an actual cnimea sequence from the game. :lol:

I stopped watching after Bonta-kun busted up those mechs though to avoid possibly spoiling the game too much.
AmuroNT1

Supposedly, the hidden units are starting to come out of the woodwork. CCA's is Hi-Nu, while Geass gets the Lancelot Frontier, Zangetsu, and the original Lancelot and Guren Mk-II. Frontier gets the König Monster.

DuelGundam2099

"Thank you, DG" Oh you're welcome. :P

Quick question: Did Cherubim Grave get the mook treatment like it did in Super Robot Wars Z?
AmuroNT1

I don't believe so, seeing as the special combat trophy for Aquarion is to defeat it with all three forms.

Dark Duel

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Avalon I kind of forgot even existed and to be honest I can't really tell the Quarter and Frontier apart.
The Frontier is essentially the same type of carrier as the Macross 7 (The Galaxy is also the same class, only purple and pointier, so it looks suitably evil)
The Quarter's bow is essentially its two arms, but each stays separate rather than docking together...and amusingly, is about 1/4 the length of the Frontier(400m, versus 15km)
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."