ayeong's mecha drawings

The place to share your artwork.
ayeong

ayeong's mecha drawings

Just posting some stuff I've been working on for a while. I know I'm not the best artist out there so all critiques and advice is appreciated.

There are currently 4 factions in my made up multiverse.

Grand Alliance

Basic sci-fi dimension who have pretty standard technology. Scour the multiverse to find artifacts or technology they can reverse engineer. Not above do anything to win so have the most diverse set of mecha in my universe.

Conventional Division

Mostly composed of space fighters
Suzaku
Eagle

Ares Division

Mostly "transforming" Space fighters

Viggen fighter
Viggen weapon loadout
Viggen armor choices
Viggen Typhoon armor
Hayabusa

Gaia Division

Special all female power armour division.

Athena

Grand Arms

This dimension is populated by high level psychics who thru several xenocidal wars have conquered their dimension. They have extremely advance technology and manipulating time and space is nearly child's play for them. Because of some foresight by higher dimensional beings this dimension lacks the understanding for multiverse travel. When the Grand Alliance found their dimension they quickly formed an uneasy alliance. With the Grand Arms might and the Grand Alliance numbers and dimensional travel expertise this team could very well steam role over all the other multiverses. But nothing is ever that easy...

Grand Arms Jagdgespenst
Konigkampfer
Konigkampfer equipment
Konigkampfer's faust (Grand Arms call their remote weapons faust)

Golden Hemogeny

A multi-dimension spanning empire ran by a mad man. Due to some tragic event in his past the self styled High Lord Gold Conqueror has built his empire from scratch. Favors the use of swarm tactics and use of disposable units. Not uncommon to out number opponents to at least 10:1 or greater.

Wasp
Avenger

Shadow Obscura

A mysterious faction who posses even higher technology then Grand Arms. Unknown motivation for actions as well as unknown full capabilities. Act in extremely small numbers but can wipe out entire fleets quiet easily.

Unit 04
Last edited by ayeong on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
domino

Re: ayeong's mecha drawings

Wow, your ships and mobile weapons have some HUGE guns!!!

Maybe you could consider scaling them to be proportionate to the size of the ships.

I'm enjoying your concepts and would like to see them in black and white as well as colour. My favourite so far is the Suzaku.
ayeong

Thanks for the comments!

I'm definitely still trying to learn proportioning in design. Well still learning so your advice is appreciated. Got a few more designs in the pipeline so hopefully some more post soon.
ayeong

Thunderbolt 4

The Grand Alliance's trump card for the so called final war. Limited production but enough fighting strength to match a fleet or better.

Shadow obscura Unit 05 and army

The lord unit 05 will make there appearance later but for now her army is in the way.

Gel
Dunce
Knight
Gem and Top
Big Daddy adn Diamond Rose
Juggernaught and Bloodstone Knight
SolidSpidr

Ah, this reminds me of my art thread here when I first started. This is some pretty cool stuff, love how everything is pretty much loaded to the teeth with weapons. Also color! I love color and your work is loaded with it! :D

Looking at this though I notice that some lines that should be strait are curved (the most glaring is the gatling gun in the Viggen weapon loadout pic. These are hand drawn correct? if so I would recommend using a strait-edge for weapons, its amazing what a strait surface can do.

Well keep up the good work, its nice to see something other than a mobile suit around here.
“The school of the undefeated East!”
“The winds of the king!”
“Zenshin!”
“Keiretsu!”
“Tempa Kyoran!”
“Look! The East is burning red!”
-Master Asia

Click me!, Click me!
ayeong

Thanks for the advice and comments! And yes everything is hand drawn. I know it is not a good excuse but I kind of rush the inking phase so the lines aren't as straight as they could be. I'll try to slow down next time and use a straight edge.

Feels really weird to be the new guy on this board especially when it is mobile suit heavy and a little skewed towards Gundams. I have nothing agianst Gundam it was actually the first show that got me interested in giant robots.

Well I'll keep on psoting and see what sticks.
ayeong

The elite guards, her final line of defense!

Beautiful reaper
Wrath hammer
Kunoichi
High Priestess

Last but not least the lord:

Phantom Witch Princess
TemjinQC

Interesting mechas, I like the backpack details of the High Priestess.
ayeong

Unknown opponent Shadow

Power suit that can go toe to toe with any factions mecha. Unknown who he fights for.
ayeong

Grand Arms Stumtiger

Something I've been working on for years. Grew tired of it, couldn't stand myself for not finishing and then finished. Part mecha, part capital hsip, part doomsday weapon and part faust production facility.

“I’ll crush this system like how we terrans crushed your empire!”

-Angry Grand Arms pilot saying what he was going to do to an alien system

Classification: Deus class offensive nullifier destroid unit
Height: 250 meters typical
Length: 500 meters typical
Armour: Grand Armian Variant Omega, modified ambrosia surface treatment

Speed (flying): Huh?

Power Generators: Infinity engine x many, kampfer crystal fusion reactor x many, central destruction power core x 1

Weapons

Main
Kampfer crystal cannon x variable number
Main Positron cannon x variable number

Secondary to quatenary
Variable (covered later in notes)

Faust

6 different levels
1- Small sized fighter sized
2- Larger, up to frigate sized
3- Same combat ability as a average destroid unit
4- Capital ship sized
5- Extermly powerful, comparable to an SDSC
6- Second only in power to the main unit

Defensive:

Beam nullification field enhanced x1
Projectile nullification field enhanced x1
Deus magnetic torroid barrier system
Energy field projector system enhanced
Psychic barrier system
Aura kampfer crystal defense system

Misc:
FTL drive (Garuda drive)
faust production facility
Internal repair facility
Molecular rearranger furnace

Development history

Pushed to the brink of extinction, humanity was isolated to the core worlds of its old empire. With desperate times come desperate measures and old and forbidden technology were unlocked and exploited. The result of this was the Sturmtiger destroid unit. It was more then just another war machine; it was in essence the most compact system-destroying unit to be made. Able to single handily enter a heavily fortified enemy star system (or multiple if the systems were small enough) and destroy all forces in that system. To call it planet destroying was a little to humble a title; it was a civilization destroyer.

Using the bleeding edge of Grand Arms science this unit could do almost anything. It was equal parts destroid unit, capital ship, doomsday weapon and manufacturing facility. In the massive hammer space in its body were factories, which could customise and produce its army of faust. Everything about this unit was customisable by the pilot so no two ”mature” Sturmtiger would look exactly the same. This meant that given enough time and battles Sturmtigers only got more powerful. Simple customisation such as colour schemes could be done in a matter minutes while extra extensions or new faust production could take hours or days. Given enough time a Sturmtiger unit could produce itself out of any situation. To aquire the material required for expansion the Sturtiger merely had to bring in the shattered bodies of its enemies and using the molecular reaaragner furnace aquire the exact material specified. This frigthenting ability allowed for single Sturmtigers to produce whole fleets to decimate whole civilizations. The only limit to control was the psychic powers of the pilot.

Purpose built around a powerful psychic pilot many of the systems were powered by raw psychic power. This meant that the weapons and shielding were second to none when it came to pure power. Of course over use of the barrier or weapon systems could quickly drain a psychic pilot of his fighting power. To solve this problem 2 new systems were invented. First was the Annihilation weapon technology. These “anni” weapons could shatter beam blades and easily deflect beam attacks, if this was not enough they could even stand attacks from even psychic powered weaponry. Though they had a finite amount of damage they could take they could be easily manufactured inside a body of a Sturmtiger. This allowed Sturtigers to wear down psychic opponents without expanding their own energies. The second system was energy field projector system. This system was not new as the Konigkampfer had a similar system. The only difference was that this system required no faust to act as projectors. This shielding system provided a 360-degree sphere of protection. In addition to this was a layered defence of psychic shields, magnetic torroid barriers, physical and energy nullification systems (5.5 kg of projectile nullification and a higher energy threshold which could be nullified) and lastly the meter thick armouring conditioned with ambrosia treatment. This treatment was not the full 50% nullification of the original spec but was merely 10%. Enough to take the edge off most beam attacks.

Grand Arms battle strategy had evolved to the point of direct and indirect combat influence to the highest degrees. One of these strategies was to disperse as many Kampfer crystals as possible over the battlefield. The pilot could then use the Aura system, which slowly destroyed enemies (doing so by breaking their reality bonds) within the area of the Kampfer crystal dispersal. Enemies were not destroyed outright but anyone who faced a Sturmtiger would find himself or herself becoming weaker and easier to kill the longer they fought a Sturmtiger. Small missiles could be destroyed in a dozen seconds while capital ship could take up to a day to destroy. So while not directly facing a Sturmtiger any enemy was not safe from the reach of a Sturmtiger. The exact range of the Aura field was dependent on many factors including customisation of systems, but typically it was a range of 5 AU (astronomical units). Though there are some Sturmtigers who could stretch their fields over several light years. Most suprising was that this system was smart targeting and allies who fought alongside the Grand Arms forces need fear nothing.

A mech this powerful was hard to produce and a mere 1000 units were known to be made. There are rumors of a small handful of reserve Sturmtiger but these are unsubstantiated. These 1000 units leading the remnant humans were able to xenophobically destroy all alien life in the Grand Arms universe. Their might was called upon once again in the collective dimensional “Final war”. With their Grand Alliance allies the Grand Arms forces accounted themselves well against the nihilistic Elder goddess.

Weapons

The exact nature of any two Sturmtiger ranged widely. The example shown is prominently armed with a single main positron cannon, which could destroy a planet in one blast. On its shoulder extensions are two large Kampfer crystal cannons, which could also do the same feat but broke down more exotic defences as well. The other weapons were up to the whims of the pilot and ranged from simple lasers to more powerful kinetic missiles. Suffice it to say a average Sturmtiger wielded awesome firepower.

Faust

Misc faust

A small selection of class 1 faust. As you can see they can range from single purpose sword or gun type faust to complicated "chibi" or SD versions of bigger destroid units (refering to the small shinobi looking faust). They serve the function of pawn type troops but don't discount there outright power because in numbers they can take down even large foes. Generally due to their simpler nature a Sturmtiger pilot can control a larger amount of type 1 faust versus higher number of faust. Though the pilot does have the option of controlling smaller number of powerful faust rather then a large number of simpler faust. In practice most pilot go for a mixture of forces to balance out there fighting force.

Most type 1 faust can be produced in a matter of minutes and with multiple production lines in a typical Sturmtiger body a few hundred can be produced every few minutes or so.

more faust

In the upper right hand corner is an example of a class 4 faust. These were mainly the supplementary capital ships and enforcer units of the Sturmtiger's army. They were massive in size and power though these faust usually gave up versatility and movable limbs to achieve this.

The rest are class 2 faust, you'll notice that some of these class 2 can carry class 1 to act as their own faust. A very common arrangement which worked out pretty well in practice. Not much else to say other then they were more powerful then class 1 faust.

more faust

Class 2 faust in the lower left hand corner. It carries many class 1 gatling faust as weapons. The rest are class 3 faust which came to an average destroid unit in power. Most class 3 started off as the bare skeleton in the uper right hand corner and had armor put on like the lower right hand corner. It was only limited by the imagination of the pilot what kind of effects or abilities he could have with his faust army.

Faust Shinobi

Class 5 faust. this one is made to mimic Grand Arms Shinobi. Class 5 had great ability and it was not uncommon for them to have their own customised faust to go along with their design motifs.

Fasut mini Sturmtiger

Another class 5 faust this one was made to mimic a smaller Sturmtiger. Showing the kind of ability that could be put into a class 5 faust, this one is capable of producing its own units. In this case reflective faust and teleporting missile pods.

Big bad faust

The last line of defense or the second in command of a Sturmtiger's army. The class 6 was awesome in power. This example even has its own mount a class 4 faust fashioned in the shape of a Kilin. This faust follows the design motif of a chinese general (not uncommon for a pilot to draw on his ethnic heritage to get a design motif for his own Sturmtiger). As an average example of a class 6 it shows the level of firepower and ability class 6 posses.
Last edited by ayeong on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ayeong

God Slave Keygar

From the edge of reality they come looking to cause death and destruction.

Keygar and Pagogear throne mode

Keygar and Pagogear slave mode

Keygar master mode
Haruma

lol, master mode looks like it make its opponent laugh till he died. I love it though, that be my trumph card for when people don't take me seriously.

good job.

Also, my favorite is the combination unit you posted in the third update(I think) Thats some serious awesome. You have an RP or story that goes along with this?
ayeong

I was originally going to make master mode more menacing but the character Keygar is about arrogance and being over the top so I went with funny looking instead. Glad you like it.

The Thunderbolt IV (the combination unit) does have a story that goes along with it. I have it stored somewhere I'll post it up.
ayeong

Overseer class battle platform

Golden Hemogeny's answer to the Grand Arms and Grand Alliance mecha.
ayeong

Heirophant mega omni battlepod

One of the super weapons which would contribute to the destruction of the Gran Arms and Grand Alliance.