Arvis' First Gunpla Franken

The place to share your artwork.
Arvis Taljik

Arvis' First Gunpla Franken

So this could technically go in either the Modeling section or here, but since it's a sort of franken I thought I'd post my work here. Specs on the suit provided below picture links. I'm more than open to suggestions on the name of this thing as everything I've written below has it as [NAME] Gundam so I haven't yet decided what to call the darned thing.

[NAME] Gundam Stance
[NAME] Gundam Stance 2
[NAME] Gundam Back
[NAME] Gundam Sabers
[NAME] Gundam Sabers 2
[NAME] Gundam Cannon
[NAME] Gundam Cannon 2

Technical Specifications

Model number: GNZ-000/CB
Code name: [NAME] Gundam
Unit type: Reverse-Engineered Single-Unit Mobile Suit
Manufacturer: Celestial Being
Operator: Celestial Being
Accommodation: Pilot only (standard cockpit in chest)
Dimensions: 24.8 meters
Max Gross Weight: 63 metric tons
Armor: E-Carbon
Powerplant: GN Drive (or GN Drive Tau)
Equipment: Sensors (range unknown); GN Field (particle vents in shoulders); Trans-Am System
Armament:
GN Beam Cannon
GN Vulcan Gun x2 (on GN Beam Cannon, fire-linked)
GN Vulcan Gun x2 (on wrists, fire-linked)
GN Beam Saber x2, power rating unknown, mounted under side skirt, hand-carried in use
Optional Armament:
GN Megalauncher (w/particle storage tank; replaces GN Beam Cannon)

Designed as a thrown-together model by Celestial Being engineers in the wake of their conflict with the A-Laws, the [NAME] Gundam made for an easy stop-gap measure while salvage operations were underway on the Cherudim, Arios, 00, and Seravee Gundams. Cobbled together using parts from available captured models within CBS Celestial Being, [NAME] Gundam makes use of a relatively standard array of armaments and doesn't employ any newly developed technologies. Pulling from the Gadessa series of suits along with spare parts available for both Seravee and Kyrios, [NAME] Gundam creates a functional amalgamation of technologies from both the Innovators and Celestial Being.

During its first test, [NAME] Gundam sortied with Cherudim's GN Drive for performance trials. Having been equipped with the beam cannon from GN-007GNHW/M Arios Gundam GNHW/M and two spare beam sabers for the GN-008GNHW/B Seravee Gundam GNHW/B frame, [NAME] Gundam performed up to par in all trials

[NAME] Gundam's first and only combat deployment came two weeks later against a Federation scout patrol of five GN-XIII units. Sortied with Lasse Aeon as pilot and accompanied by Setsuna F. Seiei in the GN-001REII Gundam Exia Repair II, [NAME] and the Exia R2 dispatched all targets, ensuring no communications were made back to the scout patrol's vessel.

With tests now commencing on the frames of Gundams Zabanya and Harute, [NAME]'s drive was moved back to Zabanya (formerly Cherudim) and replaced with a GN Drive Tau should [NAME]'s use be necessitated.

Gunpla Construction Specifics

All-in-all pieces from five kits went into the creation of this model:

1/144 HG Seravee Gundam (head)
1/144 HG Gaddess (arms, legs, body, shoulder covers)
1/144 HG Gundam Kyrios (feet)
1/144 HG Garazzo (right shoulder)
1/144 HG Hiling Custom Garazzo (right shoulder used for left, waist and crotch)

and an additional few weapons were borrowed from three more models:

1/144 HG Arios Gundam GNHW/M (beam cannon)
1/144 HG Gundam Exia Repair II (beam sabers x2)
1/144 HG Gadessa (GN Megalauncher)
Last edited by Arvis Taljik on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gardner1701

Re: Arvis' First Gunpla Franken

...it's the GRM Gundam
Arvis Taljik

It was heavily inspired by the GRM Gundam but there are the following differences:
  • GRM Gundam's shield is mounted on the elbow. This one is mounted on the shoulder.
    GRM Gundam's feet are a combination of Arios and Gadessa. This one has feet straight off of Kyrios.
    GRM Gundam has a truly "Gundam-esque" chest with yellow vents beside a blue chest piece. This one uses an unmodified repainted Gaddess chest and torso.
    GRM Gundam has its GN Drive contained within a core-fighter like backpack. This one has a standard Gaddess escape module.
    GRM Gundam carrys a 2-barrel GN Megalauncher. This one carrys a GN Beam Cannon or the standard Gadessa 3-barrel GN Megalauncher.
NE ways, while I always liked the look of the GRM Gundam (it's my favorite of the Innovator mobile suits and I really hope they make a HG 1/144 model of it eventually, along with the CB-077 GN Cannon) I seriously doubt I have the skill necessary to scratch-build the GRM Gundam's backpack drive and modify the shoulders with the squared-off tops that the GRM Gundam has. I'll be uploading some new pictures once I finish the new left shoulder I canabalized from a Hiling Custom Garazzo and do the detail lines with Gundam Markers.

**EDIT:
Okay, so I yoinked the right shoulder from the Hiling Garazzo kit as well as painting another chest piece and collar (the yellow part) as the ones I did from the standard Garazzo ended up kind of sloppy. Either way, it was a bit of a waste of $21 on the Hiling Garazzo kit to use only four pieces but meh, the things we do for Gundam lol.

I also picked up a GM01 Black Gundam Marker (that's the absolutely smallest tip you can get on a Gundam Marker) to do all the detail lines on the suit so those should turn out well once I complete them. Additionally, I put in an order for a Gadessa kit so I can gank the GN Meglauncher (another waste of about $18 lol).

Next I'll be looking to see if I can't GN-ize a "core fighter" or "backpack" of some kind from another Gundam kit so I can get rid of the Gadessa-series escape pod on the back of it. Besides, a backpack drive is cooler and better looking than the skinny drive escape pod it has now. :D

I've also updated the specifications in the first post to reflect my new modifications.
Arvis Taljik

Double post, oh noez!

New pictures of the model thus far:

[NAME] Gundam 1
[NAME] Gundam 2
[NAME] Gundam 3
[NAME] Gundam 4
[NAME] Gundam 5

Note the added GN particle vents in the shoulders for generation of the unit's GN Field.