4GFFG: Round Zero-Fanfare

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Zangetsu

Re: 4GFFG: Round Zero-Fanfare

Franz just grinned at the fighter's answer. 'Now that wasn't what I was expecting. He will defiently be an interesting opponent.' Taking another sip of tea Franz nodded towards the Neo-Kurdistan fighter. "You have quite the conviction in this. My apologies if I offended."

Putting down his tea Franz looked down into it, bored again. Truth be told he wanted nothing more then to start the battles right now, but knew that wasn't proper. Instead he needed to play 'nice' with the other nations for the moment.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
blind_dead_mcjones

try as she might, allison couldn't help but snigger at the joke dieter made at the Neo -greek fighter, nearly choking on what she was eating the process, stopping when she heard Aiko and rin speak to eachother in japanese "hey sweethearts, stick to english please" she said tactlessly "people struggle enough with that as it is"

not even waiting for them to retort she looked around at the other people at the table, her gaze finally settling on franz.
"awww whats the matter?" she cooed patronizingly "didn't our hosts butter your crumpet right?"
Last edited by blind_dead_mcjones on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flag Fighter for life!
Zangetsu

Franz sighed as the Neo-Austrialia fighter singled him out with one of her comments. "No the food was quite fine, and I thanks our gracious host for the meal and tea." Turning Franz gave a nod to their host in appreciation. "I am however getting tired of some fighters and their manners, or lack there of." A new cup of tea had been brought out for him as his plate and first cup were taken up. 'The matches haven't even started and we're already making friends.' Franz thought dryly as he began sipping his new cup of tea enjoying the flavor.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Attomoku

"Oh, come now England," Rin's L's now imperceptibly rolling into R's, "Surely you must have some tasteless or insensitive joke at one of our expense. We're all grown up," she cast a side-long look at Deiter, "or at least most of us are. We can take it. Let me see if your wit is as sharp as your sword."
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Zangetsu

"None I'm not ashamed to admit." Franz said as he put his cup down content with it for now. The pronouancing of England as Engrand agitated him a bit, but Franz wasn't about to let that show. The entire time he maintained his expressionless 'mask' at Neo Japan's comment. "It can't be I'm the only one here who isn't enjoying the pointless talk. As you say we are all grown up here, can't we behave as such?" The child-like anctics were getting old, and Franz was sure he'd end up with a headache before the end.
blind_dead_mcjones

Allison snorted at Franz's reply while playing with an empty wineglass
"now where would the fun be in that? sitting like you have broomstick stuck where the sun doesn't shine while talking a manner that won't offend the queen's oh-so-delicate eardrums." she continued to play with the glass before getting an idea, without thinking twice she bit into it, an audible cracking sound resounding in the room, she promptly drew her head back slightly and spat the chunk of glass out, thin trails of blood seeping from tiny cuts on her lips as the piece sailed towards the neo-england fighters teacup
Flag Fighter for life!
Zangetsu

The piece fell into his cup with a light plop heard. Norman looked down at the cup and sighed. "What a waste of good tea." He said pushing the cup away indicating he was done with it. "That was rather rude was it not?" Franz wasn't about to start anything, but he was more then ready to defend if needed. "Any particular reason you did that Ms?" So far no one else had reacted, but they might. Wether for better or worse though Franz could only guess.
mcred23

The actions of the Neo Australia fighter, Chris forgot her name, prompted a few people to raise eyebrows and almost stare, but all three members of the Neo American team that were present merely watched with amused interest.

"What?" She asked, feet up on the table. Anderson merely gave a wave of his hand, indicating nothing was wrong. Crusoe merely raised her eyebrows once, quickly, before returning to observing the events. Cabbie paused for a moment, then chuckled around his mouthfull of food before finishing slice number seven and grabbing eight and nine.

And then things more or less down hill. They couldn't help but hear the conversation now, prompting a few glances and grins. For once it wasn't Neo America that was either causing or getting into trouble, and it all seemed absurd. Roosevelt was having trouble eating, he was laughing to himself so much, which started Anderson snickering and Crusoe smiling. She had better composure than either of them.

But what finally set the two males off was the biting of the glass. "It's like being at being at a friggin' Raider game," Chris laughed for a few seconds, as did Cabbie, who turned his gaze from admiring Allison's legs to glance at Chris.

"They really that bad in Oakland?" He asked, incredulous.

Anderson nodded. "Eating animals and throwing things I don't think about. I always keep my helmet on." He chuckled again, thinking about the nutjobs that always sat close to the field in Oakland, who were always looking for a chance to throw anything at anyone, particularly a divisional rival like San Diego. Stories of batteries and even human waste weren't uncommon, they'd do anything short of stab or shoot a player, and even Chris vaugely admired how much they supported a team that hadn't won a playoff game in decades.

Chris shook his head. "Miss," he said to Allison, "You're alright." He grinned and gave her a thumbs up, before taking another sip of Dr. Pepper.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Momaru

Raphael had quietly taken his seat next to the Neo American team at the begining of the banquet after leaving the Maccabee Gundam in its hanger. Raphael was astonished at the vast amount of food that had been laid out for the banquet. He made it a point to sample a little of every represented countries food mostly to kill time at the banquet. Raphael particularly found the mapo tofu to be to his liking despite the fact it was so spicy it was like a volcano erupting in his mouth.

Raphael listened intently to the words of the Neo Kurdistan fighter. Raphael could relate to Kyden since he had also experienced war firsthand. In fact, Raphael's last mission before becoming a gundam fighter was in Neo Kurdistan. "Typical" Raphael muttered to himself at Dieters crass remarks. Something about the mans rude behavior rubbed Raphael the wrong way and he became increasingly agitated. Despite himself, Rapahel roared with laughter at the comment Dieter made at Polynikes' expense. He quickly regained composure and casually took a bite of his rugalah, a traditional pastry from his country, as if nothing happened. Rapahel was shocked when Allison took a bite out of her wineglass. He turned his attention to Neo Australia's fighter and tensed up, ready to leap up if the situation got any worse.
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
- Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
SNT1

--Nyman--

With his bodyguards leaving Nyman by himself for the private banquet, he was fashionably late; in his 'spot' were various Filipino meals that's good enough for a fiesta, but there's still a plate of crunchy friend chicken waiting for him. Ignoring some of the oddities going on already, he dives in.

And he devours the goods at a freakishly alarmingly fast rate. And no, that's not because of a stereotypical citizen of a relatively poor country seeing edible meals in front of him, as Nyman is born of middle-class roots. It's because his diet requires him to uptake 10,000 calories a day. A freakish freak athlete, as some would say. Some even call foul and claim steroids/performance enhancing drugs are at work here. But for Nyman, it's all hard work with a side of God-given talents.

Alvin already warned me of the strangeness that may show up... and it's surely true.... he thinks as he takes a break between his muching and witnessing the horrible mess Neo-Australia is, as well as the rest. That's right... the nuts, the gloomy ones... yep, just as he was warned. Despite all this Nyman keeps a straight face and remains hard to read as he eats.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Attomoku

Rin's was about to try and goad England's fighter again to see if she could register any kind of emotional response from the man. But Allison beat her to the punch when she bit the wineglass and spit the shard at Franz. "...Hardcore." she breathed, forgetting to let her accent slip in the shock, and upon realizing her mistake hoping many would be too distracted by the spectacle to notice that she was less tipsy than letting on.
She noted dryly though that England's fighter was made of f*cking granite, and added that to her mental notes on each of the fighters: Greece's fighter was the stoic sort but with a kind of brittle edge; Luxembourg's fighter was crafty and Germany's might be too, either that or he actually was a piggish thug; Kurdistan's kid had a kind of quiet strength of will, simple but not to be underestimated; and Australia's was a impetuous hot-head, the act first think later type, yet dangerous for that very reason. The rest hadn't really said enough to make any kind of impression.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
The Big Zabowski

-20 minutes ago-
-Ivor-

<"...Then we'll run it again.. I don't care how many times.">

<"But you're needed at the Castle Guillaume, Captain. They require the presence of the gundam fighter from each country to partake in the banquet.">

A bellowing yell erupted from the cockpit as Ivor literally threw the technician from the cockpit.

"BLURIATCH!~ YOU KNOW NOTINK!"

<"But..">

*Click*

The cocking of the hammer on his sidearm was more than enough for the technician to get the picture, gathering his scattered papers and PDA.

<"If you will not assist us in making sure this suit is in proper operating order then I will have you sent back to the Gulags. DO I make myself clear!">

"IVOR!"

Ivor poked his head out at the yelling of his name. With a leering gaze he looked the addressor up and down. If there was one person to rein his rear in line it would be her

"Da.."

<"You do not have the authority to send anyone to the Gulags.. now do we have to consult the Neo Kremlin on this matter for a damned DINNER PARTY!?">

Through gritted teeth he spat the name of the other Captain addressing him from the catwalk.

"Tatiana.."

"Da?"

<"I hope you're hungry..>

With a 'humph' she turned on a heel and strutted down the catwalk toward the lift. Ivor shook his head and pushed the young technician aside as he followed, unrolling his sleeves and buttoning the collar on his uniform tunic.

<"It seems we'll work on the details later.. power the suit down and lock her up!">

With a salute the collective group of technicians scattered to lock down the Buran and secure the hangar.

-Present-

The Limo displaying a pair of red sickle and hammer flags rolled up to the banquet almost an hour late.

As Ivor approached the metal detector flanked by two Neo Russian army soldiers and Tatiana the quartet handed a folder to the guard who nodded and passed them through without so much as a body scan. The soldiers were then posted across from the doorway leading to the banquet hall, giving them a full view of the room as Tatiana and Ivor entered. He silenced the butler about to introduce him with an icy stare before taking stock in the room and deciding where to sit..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
blind_dead_mcjones

"well that was boring" Allison replied as she let out a small huff is disappointment at Franz's reaction to her move with the wineglass "that neo-frenchie alphonse from the preliminaries had a far more entertaining response when i tried that *laughs* oh that crazy french b*stard, that was a fun night. seriously, your noble arse is like a tee-pee and a wigwam, two tents, everyone else here seems to know how to have a good time" she gestured to Rin, Dieter, the Neo Canadian and the Neo American team to prove her point "if all the men in Neo-england act the way you do its no wonder the women leave in droves."

pausing to reach for another pie she caught sight of the neo americans looking in her direction, one of which was staring intently at her legs while the one called Chris complimented her and gave a thumbs up, grinning she licked the blood of her lips suggestively and blew a kiss in their direction, before turning her attention towards rin
Flag Fighter for life!
Zangetsu

"I am not here to entertain any of you." Franz said as his tea was taken up. Sitting straighter he looked around as Neo-Austrailia gestured to other fighters. "I don't have a good time with demeaning jokes. I'd much rather be in a spar getting ready for my first match." In truth Franz had setup a match once he was finished with this banquet, but wasn't about to leave until it ws over. He didn't know if he would be in the very first match or not, but sooner or later Franz would have a match.
Wedge14

Dave wasn't one to really oogle women but that Neo Australlia chick was nuts. He raised a can of beer in her direction as he tore into a chicken wing.

Things were getting out of hand Schlotiem was glad that Sir Franz was able to keep his composure. Neo Australia and Neo Germany had both proven to be quite volatile. He couldn't blame them, these people were truly his enemies but there would be time for animosity later.

Schlotiem rose from his seat, looking a bit flustered. He really didn't want this responsibility, but he was the host afterall.

"Sir Franz, i'm sorry about this. So miss Cheslock is it some kind of tradition in australlia to destroy someone elses property? Or is this just a trait you've developed on your own as a truly unique individual?"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Fritz Ashlyn

"Oh my," Aiko gasped at the Neo Australian woman's aggressive display. "Wunderbar! Good, I like you! Not all of the new faces are weaklings," Dieter laughed, nodding approvingly in Allison's direction. He also gave a somewhat friendly albeit dismissive wave in the direction of the Neo Americans and Dave for their reactions. "A 'stiff upper lip', ja?" Dieter said, his voice changing from mirthful back to a growl as he looked down the table at Franz, "Or a glass jaw. I'll find out,". He showed unexpected tact and shut up when Schlotiem rose from his seat to speak.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Janubis

Through all this, the Rajput remained quiet. He ate his native food stoically, just listening in on the conversations of others. 'Better to listen and learn then to be loud and ignorant' is what goes through his mind. Idly he'd look from pilot to pilot as he'd examine them a bit more throughly, sizing up the various opponents that he may or may not face.
Donna Strife

After having been dragged out of a local bar by her handlers, Makii was given her usual warnings, handed a white cocktail dress and light blue heels (both of which she found annoyingly uncomfortable), and driven to the castle where the various Gundam fighters were to meet. While threatened with all sorts of consequences, she gave up her resistance when she was told there would chanpurū served just the way she liked.

Walking into the room a bit late, she immediately felt tension in the air. Not 'fight about the break loose' tension. That would have been fun. Whatever kind of tension this was, Makii did not like it... though she could tell it was already lessening. Seeing that one of the fighters, Neo-Australia's she thought but was not sure, had a bloodied mouth, Makii decided to go straight to the kitchen and inspect the selection of beer... while she mulled over who would be the least unpleasant person to eat next to.

While walking she made a short list of Neo-America (most likely to be entertaining), Neo-Japan (no real language issue), and a few others. Neo-India at least looked calmer then everyone else.

Makii was still happy, tension can be ignored... and she was already a bit buzzed.
teleute

After the parade, the Neo-Pakistani fighter hastily attempted to find a Luxembourgian mosque. Samiir finally was able to finish his prayers properly at La Mosqueé D'Esch-sur-Alzette, though the service was in French to his surprise. His sister Fatima was waiting in the car impatiently the entire time. She was dressed up in an Italian designer dress and had been reminding Samiir that the party had already started. Once Samiir had finished, Fatima handed him a formal silk kurta and he changed in the car while she chastised him and drove to Castle Guillaume.

The two made their way into the dining room directly after the Neo Ryukyuan fighter, feeling relieved that they were not totally late or at least that others were late too. As they walked in Samiir spied the Neo-Indian fighter. There was something familiar about the man. He considered speaking to the fighter but he thought it could wait. Really, Samiir was somewhat uncomfortable around other people from the subcontinent or it's nation's colonies and the whole India-Pakistan conflict always made him feel conflicted. He would avoid that topic at all costs is he wished to be polite.

Being hungry, he decided to get down to business. He knew Neo-Indian and Neo-Pakistani food would be served but he wanted to try something new! Spying the Neo-Israeli and the Neo-Kurdistan fighters and he decided he would try some of their cuisine. The Kurdish food would likely be halal and the Israeli food would likely be kosher, which was basically the same in Samiir's mind.

But first, it was time to set up his hookah. Taking a chair and sitting down in a open space near the Neo-Israeli fighter and a window, Samiir started setting up the pipe, portable stove, and tobacco so that he could share the wonder of the hookah with the blessed people around him. He even took out a non-tobacco herbal alternative for those who would object to tobacco.

He totally didn't acknowledge the conversation around him or the obvious, almost tangible stress in the air. All he could think about was tobacco and.. possibly some kugel. Finishing the set up in seconds, with speed that only a martial artist could posses, Samiir opened the window and started smoking to get the tobacco pipe started. He looked around to see who would most likely want to join him. Samiir did not believe in proselytizing religion or ideology but proselytizing the hookah, that was a different story. And it would likely help those individuals who were stressed at the moment. Yaallah, one woman in the room looked like she had even bit her tongue in stress to the point of bleeding!
Inferno

Marcus continued to stuff his face. Unfortunately, the worst possible thing could happen: The plate went empty. Quick to respond, he assessed the situation around him. Seeing the open tension, he prepared to defuse it. He turned to Schlotiem and said aloud, "Please, I'm not offended by any of this in the slightest. This is an incredibly polite meal compared to my family dinners." Rectifying the far more horrible situation, he turned to the Neo Australian fighter, more concerned with taunting than eating. "You gonna finish what's on your plate? I don't know what that is, but I'll gladly have it."