Frame Arms: Visual and Written Data

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Amadi Akintunde

Frame Arms: Visual and Written Data

Now, I realize the kit series is well over a year old now, but I've been wondering: have any material regarding Mechanical Specs popped up on the Internet yet? I've found out about Frame Arms today and I find the designs quite interesting. I'd like to know if there are any specs for any of the Frames.
Kuruni

Re: Frame Arms: Visual and Written Data

Well, since even Kotobukiya's official site provide only spec for three mech ( Frame Architech Type 001, SA-16 Stillet and Gou-Rai), I doubt that there is much available in English.

Sen-Rai and SA-16d were added to product page since March but their spec doesn't online yet...
My girlfriend was a loli.
Gelgoog Jager

Kuruni wrote:Sen-Rai and SA-16d were added to product page since March but their spec doesn't online yet...
Check again:

SA-16d
Sen-Rai

The fifth unit (whose name I don't know) also appears on site, but the link that should take you to its data directs you to the Gou-Rai's data instead:

http://fa.kotobukiya.co.jp/f005p.php#
http://fa.kotobukiya.co.jp/f005.php

Hopefully they will correct that link in the future.

At first I was waiting for this line of mecha after I heard about it, but when the kits finally came out, I was very disappointed to find out that the kits require painting to look like the ones shown on the images seen until that point.
AnimeMun

I think this calls for one of us to buy the corresponding kits, posting the documentation that comes with, and seeing if someone can find and translate the unit stats for each Frame Arm.

I'll see what I can personally come up with once I actually have money again.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
Kuruni

Bits of info from my subpar translation.

- Frame Architect was originally suppose to be labor machine in grand scheme known as Project Re Sphere.
- After 10 years of trial and error, they finally get Frame Architect 001 which can mimic human movement perfectly and can use in all environment by swapping parts.
- You known humanity...Project Re Sphere doesn't get launch and Frame Architect later got adapt as weapon known as Frame Arms.
- SA-16 Stilletto and Type 32 Model 1 Gou-Rai are pretty much generic early mech. They are more or less replacement for fighter and tank (Stilletto is said to be based on labor model call S-10 Still).
- At some point, Lunarian invader (not sure if it's alien or colonist) invade Earth with unmanned FA call Ant (no image) and previous FA isn't effective against horde of these Ant. Middle East develope SA-16d Khanjar from France's Stilletto (later adopt by America as Ostrich) while Japan further develope Gou-Rai into Type 32 Model 5 Sen-Rai.
Last edited by Kuruni on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amadi Akintunde

I would have thought the Gou Rai/Sen Rai was an American-made Frame Arms. The tank-like motif rather hinted towards it.

Looking at the website, I'm guessing an actual design for the 'Ostrich' is yet to show itself.
AnimeMun

I think the naming "Gou-Rai" and "Sen-Rai" is most obviously Japanese due to the word structure.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Amadi Akintunde

Well yeah, more or less.
Gelgoog Jager

I checked some images of the kits at hlj.com, and it seems that both the Senrai and Ryurai Kai have the parts to be converted into a Gourai.

The Ryurai seems to be mainly a heavy armor and weapon system for the Gourai, which only requires the replacement of the head and shoulder armor to be used.

The Senrai replaces the arms, chest and head of the Gourai with parts which I suppose are better suited for close-range combat. It also removes a part of the shoulder armor (cameras?).

In both cases the Caterpillar threads are removed
AnimeMun

Well seeing as all three are given the story line of being Japanese developments, its not surprising that they would share the similar parts. Modular parts like that makes for cheaper mod construction. Why do you think there are so many versions of the GM in Gundam? Easily modular systems are much cheaper in the long run. Why spend billions of dollars in development in machines if they have no hope of being able to use the same spare parts in case of an emergency? (case in point, GM Head)

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Kuruni

Bits of minor detail on Stylet and Khanjar.

Stylet
* It has notable lightweight, this is because of new armor material known as Julanium.
* Design for high-speed dogfight, there are G-force damper and balancer/stabilizer all over its body.
* The wheel heels are actually landing gears, with combination of Seiren Mk.2 engine on its back, Stylet is capable of STOL.
* Originally there are 12 prototype YSA-16. The production model has inferior performance, but has same appearance.
* Standard armaments are 60 mm gatling gun and 2 missiles, both mount on forearm.
* Its production license spread world wide.
* During Ant invasion, Middle East defense force purchase Stylet from France. While Stylet does has speed to response against Ant attack (Middle East has pretty large teritory to cover), its did poor on ground thus need to remain airborne. So Stylet has too short operational period and can't use for ground holding. This lead to development of Khanjar.

Khanjar
* Take advantage of Stylet's lightweight frame, Khanjar use reverse joint legs to increase its running speed. And can us the landing gears to dash in proper terrain.
* The stabilizers are removed. Khanjar has secondary engine on each shoulder to keep its aerial mobility on par with Stylet. Since the propulsion system consume much of energy, Khanjar can't use laser weapon effectively.
* The standard armaments switch to handhold mid-machine gun and multi-missile launcher.
* Khanjar contribute greatly in Operation Ant Cleaner.
* USA Special Force adopt Khanjar, call it "Ostrich" instead.
* France use Khanjar as the base model for their in-developemnt "Super Stylet".
Kuruni

Turn out that the name is RF-9 Revanant Eye

Appear to be third line, although it's still based on Frame Architect 001. Well, consider that Khanjar and Senrai have their info page up half year after the model page, Ryurai's info page might be online next year :mrgreen: .

BTW, bits of detail on Gourai and Senrai.

Gourai
* Its heavily composite Julanium armor has built-in generator, providing strength to overcome the additional weight.
* There are tank thread on its calfs, these will be use to increase speed on proper terrain.
* Its main armament is 120mm recoilless cannon on right shoulder. This cannon is on turret and can adjust its fire arc to certain degree. There is sensor on Gorai's left shoulder which link to this turret.
* It also has tactical knife for close combat (mention in spec, but not in text).
* Japan force quickly deploy them as main ground force. Unfortunely, Gourai did worse than theory in actual combat. Most of available Gourai got field modification from their pilot in order to fight effectively.

Senrai
* It has improved main sensor.
* The cockpit was switch to double seat type for pilot and operator (it still need only a pilot to operate). Chest armor was reinforced to provide better protection.
* Design for close combat, Senrai has stunt knuckle on its left hand. This weapon is greatly effective against Ant unmanned FA by deliver electric discharge to burn Ant's AI circuit.
* Standard handhold weapon is double barrel gun (said to be used by USA FA force). It has option to attach with either chainsaw or laser bayonet.
* Since the tank threads are removed, Senrai will use transport helicopter to deploy at long distance.
Kuruni

Latest addition happen to be fem-bot, SA-17 Laviel. Weird enough, the model number suggest that it is Styllet's successor.
Gelgoog Jager

The Ryurai Kai's lineart is finally up, and also some additional information on it:

http://translate.google.com.mx/translat ... 2Ff005.php
Kuruni

Some points of interest on Ryurai Kai.
* Ryurai was originally designed as long range support unit for Gourai, armed with long range plasma solid cannon on each shoulder. The cannons adjust their angle and shoot in arc to hit target at close range (like mortar).
* There is reinforce armor with stabilizer from knees below, to increase its stability while shooting the cannons.
* It's notable for high agility in comparision to other support unit (guess they mean ballistic tank), yet suppose to remain in backline.
* When they put the design in use, however, the Ryurai's pilot often found himself in frontline since Gourai is lacking at firepower.
* So they refine the Ryurai as Ryurai Kai (and assign model number Type 38 to it). The improvement are optical sensor on head and large bulletproof shield on each shoulder (which also use to store a tactical knife). Provide Ryurai with better defense in heat of battle.
* It's success model, typical Japan FA battalion is often consist of both Gourai and Ryurai Kai in single squad.
* BTW, Gourai and its successors are adopted by USA force. Gourai is known as M-32 Werewolf while Ryurai Kai is M-38 Werewolf Blooper. Senrai was limited to experimental model though, known as M-322 Werewolf Fang.

Bit of note, they also mention upcoming new Frame Architect on main page.
Gundam0089

Been looking for info on Frame Arms for a long time, thanks for all the nice specs guys! :D
SonicSP

Stylet really reminds me of Cherudim, but no big surprise given who the designer is. And a couple of GN Cannons as well but again really no surprise.
Kuruni

Gelgoog Jager wrote:By the way, can someone please confirm if the names and model numbers of the Rai series I used are correct?
I'm pretty certain it is.