Avatar: The Last Airbender gets a sequel

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Vent Noir

Avatar: The Last Airbender gets a sequel

Details here

I saw this news on another board, and the person who posted it titled the thread "Last Airbender gets a sequel". I was tempted to post this here under the same title just so I could send people into convulsions, but managed to resist the urge.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Bullet_beast

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender gets a sequel

It sounds cool. Hopefully netflix will get it soon after it airs as I don't have cable anymore.
Shorty From Scary Movie wrote:Yo, party at Cindy's house! DRUNK WHITE WOMEN FOR EVERYBODY!!!
Dark Duel

Oh, this looks like it's gonna be AWESOME.
Spoiler
Not only is the new Avatar a girl, but she already knows Water, Fire and Earthbending right off the bat?
Can't wait. Avatar was an awesome show (I'm rewatching Book 1 before I go see Last Airbender), so hopefully this sequel is up to snuff.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
raijinz

Are we talking about the animated series, made by the same people that made the original? That is the ONLY way I will be excited by this news!
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
Dark Duel

Yes, it is a sequel to the animated series, not M. Night Whatchamacallit's live-action flick.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
iKhaotic

Dark Duel wrote:Yes, it is a sequel to the animated series, not M. Night Whatchamacallit's live-action flick.
while we're on that subject, there IS a sequel also in the works for the live action one lol. not that anyone cares or doesn't already know if they've seen the ending of the first movie -__-'
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
raijinz

Its a hard time to be a fan these days. Either your fav show gets cancelled, or is bastardised to the point where it is unrecognisable from its original form. The people in charge just don't give a damn.
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
duke4799

I thought the movie adaptation was pretty decent for needing to cram about 10 hours of a cartoon into a movie of appropriate length for children. Yes, they left out Boomie, re-interpreted the pronunciations of the names, and gave it a bit more of a serious undertone, but over all I thought it was a good summery of book 1.
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
Doven

Im a bit excited for the sequel series, and I hate the live action movie, it almost ruins the show but I just try to blank it out of my memory.
If knowing is half the battle then Im going in unarmed.
Raiden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHMurLLOIaI

Someone leaked this goody, coming out sometime in the middle of 2012.
Antares

Video material already blocked. :)

I didn't even know there was a series. I saw the movie and found the scripting so atrocious I wasn't even remotely interested to check out if there was more. Apparently the series isn't quite as bad, then..?
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Sume Gai

Antares wrote:Video material already blocked. :)

I didn't even know there was a series. I saw the movie and found the scripting so atrocious I wasn't even remotely interested to check out if there was more. Apparently the series isn't quite as bad, then..?
The series is quite frankly one of the best animated series in recent memory originating from this side of the pacific. The dialog is good, the characterization is strong, the acting is skillful and the story is clearly planned and well structured. I may have been late to the party but I've become a huge fan.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Joshua

Yeah, the series is probably the best TV cartoon ever made in the US. The things I didn't like — the goofy humor and ease the characters have learning the secrets of the universe — I easily overlooked because the good stuff was so good.

It's aesthetically sophisticated, cares about who gets hurt when things turn violent, and presents characters with actual hard choices.

The movie was, from everyone I know who's seen it, an embarrassment to everyone.
the glyphpress: science fiction games for people who love science and fiction.
SNT1

The movie was, from everyone I know who's seen it, an embarrassment to everyone.
But hey, it was personally a gateway for me to watch the series, and I loved it. (started season 2, where the movie apparently left off, then 3 then 1). Good stuff---I'm a fan of anything with classical elements as plot material.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Joshua

I'm glad to hear that!
the glyphpress: science fiction games for people who love science and fiction.
Raiden

If you must know what was in the video i posted before it got taken down
Spoiler
Basically it was the OP for the Legend of Korra. The did the OP in the same vein as the original where they introduce the elements but its re-arranged this time going like this.
-Earth
-Fire
-Air
-Water

And instead of having random benders, it each featured an Avatar to go along with them
-Kiyoshi
-Roku
-Aang
-Korra (since she is the new Avatar)

And then they have a narration by Aang's son Tenzin who talks briefly about what Aang and his friends did to save the world. And then how he and Fire Lord Zuko created Republic City to join the World together. And lastly he ends with Aang passing on and as the cycle of the seasons continue, so does the Avatar Cycle.
HGGundamReviews

The Last Airbender : The Legend Of Korra looks like it's going to be at least as good as the original and perhaps better from what I have seen. The character art that has been released as well as the inclusion of voice actors from the original series looks to be shaping up to something good.
farjad93

I sure hope it's good, but I'm still not sure whether it will be able to quite live up to the original series. The original series is one of the most awesome I have ever watched!
REY: Kira Yamato, your existence must end!
KIRA: Like I haven’t heard that before…on countless Gundam message boards.
kmagryffindor
Location: Brittania or the Union, depends on what you perfer. (Ohio)

Well the trailers are out for the show and ep one has been leaked and I must say the show looks wonderful. Also Nick has placed it at 11:00 pm, perhaps planning to target an older audience, considering the age of those who grew up with the show.

Check out the awesome trailers below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnej9UA5G3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_6leyps ... plpp_video

Official Site on the show:
http://www.nick.com/shows/legend-of-kor ... id=showNav

OP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1O8ZTYG ... re=related
Last edited by kmagryffindor on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Duel

Saw the leaked ep yesterday, and loved it. It was great.
Spoiler
Cameo by Katara, which was nice.