Episode 24 - A Monster With Many Heads [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
The Green Flame

Re: Episode 24 - A Monster With Many Heads [TE]

- The Herakles -
- Captain's Quarters -

As he waited Alex contemplated just leaving and letting events just play out but that probably wouldn't end well. Soon enough Captain Berg had opened the door, looking somewhat stressed out, and was asking what he needed. He also seemed fairly secretive of something judging from how he glanced around the empty hallway.

"Ah Captain, sorry if I was interrupting anything" he said as he paused for a moment before continuing in a lower voice "So I don't waste your time I'll get to the point. There's been rumors going around that we're no longer taking orders from Captain Bask but rather from Scirocco....We'll most likely be going into battle soon, what exactly do you have planned for the Herakles?"
Wedge14

Heyden rolled his eyes as Manhart tried to put out the fire of their pissing contest with more pissing contest like shenanigans. He kept eye contact on the man the whole time and made numerous different facial expressions all to pointless and unimportant to point out in a post like this. The last thing Manhart said actually managed to ease it's way into Heyden's stubborn brain.

"I know you guys think you're hardasses, but when Ritter gets backed into a corner don't be surprised if he gets more dangerous,"

Heyden shrugged and motioned to Sven, Darren and Mannhart with the sympathy of a rattle snake he said. "Sorry for the trouble, chumps"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Xvlai

- Alexandria-Class Kirov -
- Mess Hall -

Sven had remained silent throughout the Sergeant’s berating of both parties. Still, the man’s posture, his seemingly familiar knowledge of Black’s operatives made him a likely candidate too. So, then Black hadn’t just recruited pilots and the Captain but he also likely had most of the security muscle onboard as well. Turning slightly to observe Daren out of the corner of his eye Sven was relieved to note that Daren too wasn’t letting the heat get to him and rather was staying collected. As he turned back he caught Manharts deft maneuvering of the coffee into his flask. Even given the danger of his current situation Sven briefly reflected that not only Pilot’s in the military had grown accustomed to a lack of sleep. Still Sven filled the memory away, the information that Manhart drank and on duty could serve to be useful.

Turning again Sven stared back at Ritter and Heyden. As Sven wasn’t necessarily a man driven by pride he could care less if the two won the engagement. Still, he wanted to limit the amount of pleasure they would gain from this pointless pissing contest. Turning around, his food forgotten, and gesturing at Daren to follow him Sven waived off Heyden’s poisonous barb. “Just watch out for yourself new guy, your new buddy has a bad habit of slipping when he uses his beam saber.” Turning his back he started to stride out of the mess hall ignoring the inquisitive looks from the few crew members eating. He doubted that Heyden would care, hell he would probably get a kick out of Te’litha killing the Senior Ritter. The barb hadn’t been meant for him anyways, he wanted Te’litha to know, and not just suppose, that they knew what he had done.

Taking a right out of the mess hall with Daren in tow; Sven suppressed an urge to grab his stomach which was grumbling quietly. He would have to go to Beta Teams ready room where he had stored some snacks and eat a few. Before he could let Daren know where he was off to, or even grab a gripper there Wolf rounded a corner up ahead. Stopping Sven inquisitively gazed at Wolf. The only reason he would have come to the mess hall would be to likely find Sven and Daren, which likely meant more bad news. Bracing himself for another setback Sven caught a look in Wolf’s eyes. No, not a setback, a plan.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps Space -

- The Kirov -
- Hallway, near Mess Hall -

The sudden opening laid out before Wolf by Friday's loudmouthed henchmen engendered an avalanche of ideas. He had been on the defensive for too long, the anger and paranoia of his situation making him easy to subdue. Now that there was a chance to strike out and show that the Ritters would not be controlled, he felt like there was still hope for his Destiny. He did not see his family's hubris, only a right; Friday, Scirocco and Bask were different, just pretenders, and their fleeting control over the Titans was nothing. The arrogance that Wolf carried himself with had become more of an expression of defiance than confidence since his father was murdered, but he still felt an incontrovertible connection to his family right, and that made him more powerful - and deserving - than any trash Capt. Friday could entice into service. This was a personal matter, and he was going to send an unmistakable message.

He saw fortune smile on him again as he spotted Sven and Daren exit the mess hall together just as he left the elevator. If the fates were against him at the moment they had a funny way of showing it. He rushed towards them (as best he could in zero-g) and began talking even before he managed to stop himself with a gripper. "Listen to me - we don't have much time," Ritter rasped, pulling his confederates closer and lowering his voice to a hoarse whisper, "An opportunity has presented itself. It's time to show my-- our enemies that we can't be swept off the face of history like a nuisance,". He reached into his jacket, letting his hand come to rest on the handle of his sidearm. "Two of Capt. Friday's men made the mistake of separating from each other and letting me overhear them. That idiot Applegate is in the showers right now, alone..." he said, drawing the gun enough for the two men to see it.

"Sir!" Daren blurted in hesitated protest, his hands raising feebly from his sides. He choked off whatever else he had intended to say as Wolf's free hand darted forward like the strike of a snake, roughly grabbing the junior pilot by the collar. "Shut up and listen! I'm not going to let this slip away," Ritter growled as he released Daren, who slowly bumped off the wall behind him. He shoved the pistol back into its hiding spot in his coat and pointed sharply at Nwosu, "Daren, go make sure nobody else goes in there until Sven and I arrive. Whatever you do, don't let that big guy Hepburn screw this up,". "But sir," Daren said again, "Maybe this is what they want. If you give them a reason to--". "Go!" Wolf commanded, directing the younger man by the shoulder in the direction of the lifts.

As Daren backed down the hallway towards the elevator, Ritter turned to Sven. "My gun is probably too loud..." Wolf muttered, thinking out loud to Sven, "But I also carry this these days,". He reached down and pulled a smallish combat knife from his boot. "It's the kind the guards carry," he explained, turning it over in his hand for Haksson to get a look. His voice was starting to sound conspiratorial, which was understandable, but there was a deranged, unstable tone creeping in at the edges. "We'll go up there after Daren and slip into the outer room of the dressing area until Applegate comes out, and then..." he said before symbolically dragging the knife across his throat. He almost laughed near the end of his subtle explanation. Something was going wrong in Wolf's head. "Come on," he said, sliding the knife away into his boot and then pulling at Sven's sleeve.

- Bridge -

"I don't care, captain," Stukov answered flatly. He shrugged his broad shoulders at Trent's attempt to warn him, or whatever the cryptic comment had been. "You don't understand, Stukov - things have changed. Taskforce Echo is not taking orders from the Dogosse Gier any more. We're under the command of Paptimus Scirocco. I understand if you want to--" Trent shook his head, answering more bluntly. Stukov was the first man outside the bridge crew that he had told the plain truth to. "You don't understand, captain. I don't care," Stukov rumbled. He crossed his arms and jutted out his chin. "It doesn't matter who is in command when I go on my final hunt. Their political schemes will die here, just as surely as you and I will," he said coldly.

- The Herakles -
- Captain's Quarters -

"Ah Captain, sorry if I was interrupting anything..." Alex said, lowering his voice, "So I don't waste your time I'll get to the point. There's been rumors going around that we're no longer taking orders from Captain Bask but rather from Scirocco... We'll most likely be going into battle soon, what exactly do you have planned for the Herakles?". Berg reacted to Weber speaking openly in the hall as if he had been scalded, thrusting a finger in front of his lips to hush the pilot as soon as "Scirocco" crossed his lips. "Quiet!" he grunted, pulling Alex through the door and making sure it was locked. "Keep talking like that where people can hear you and you won't need any plans for the future, JG," the captain said, keeping his voice hushed even in his own room. He moved back close to his desk and patted more sweat from his forehead. "Whatever rumors you've heard are all likely true by now," Berg sighed.

He reached for the drawer the files were in and then stopped, rethinking the idea of showing Alex the information Tariq had passed along. It wouldn't do him any good. Not unless he wanted to be in direct danger along with the captain. "About the ship..." he muttered, shaking his head, "I'm not sure yet. We don't have the strength to stand up to anyone directly, and we're too far from the flagship to side with Capt. Bask and whatever loyalist force remains,". He sighed and continued, "We may have no choice but to play along. Blend in until we have a way out, or...". He shook his head again, "Hell, I don't know any more. We're stuck here, Weber. We're stuck,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Attomoku

Kirov, Crew Quarters

Ltjg. Kelborn

"Uh... So... Room for one more?"
Dolk's inquiry nearly threw Grace for a loop; 'The gall of this man, Does he ever give up?!' she thought angrily and disgusted at Dolk.
"No there is not, 'Room for one more,' Lieutenant," She answered in a voice dripping with venom, "and you are damned lucky that I have better things to do than to sit around filing harassment charges. Good day Lieutenant." With that she keyed into her room before he could answer.
When the door had closed quickly behind her she let out a long exasperated sigh. Grace was used to dealing with creeps like Dolk, but he just didn't seem the type to give up until one of them was dead.
She looked over to the man she threw into her room "Sorry Jason," she apologized for the general situation and for the unexpected kiss, "I thought that if he saw he wasn't wanted at all, then... Hey are you alright? It looks like you've got a nose bleed," and Grace moved over with a concerned look to see what was the matter.

Mess Hall

Lt. Te'litha

Nick took the whole thing in stride. Mannhart's little speech didn't faze him a bit and Nick figured that Sven's barb about beam sabers was a weak attempt to rattle his cage but showed how otherwise powerless to do anything Ritter was. It was a bit disappointing that he couldn't rough up a Ritter minion today but he figured it would happen soon enough eventually.
Nick was about to leave the mess and hang a left when he heard Wolf's distinctive voice down the hall on the right. He poked his head out slightly and saw the Ritter's huddling in the middle of the hall, 'Oh, Wolf,' he thought to himself, 'You're being mighty unprofessional these days. Friday must be good if you seem this desperate.' Nick didn't hear much of the conversation but the newest lackey seemed less than thrilled about whatever they were talking about before Wolf commanded him to go and shoved him towards the lifts.
Ritter's body language spoke volumes to Nick, he had never seen him this twitchy or animated. He could tell that Wolf was frustrated and close to breaking unless something gave, then Nick saw Wolf make a slashing gesture across the throat with a knife. 'Wow, Wolf is losing it,' Nick thought and ducked round the corner again back into the mess deciding to follow when they left. Hopefully, if he could catch Wolf doing something to get him thrown in the brig, it shouldn't be too hard to arrange an 'accident' to occur in his cell after that.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps Space -

- The Kirov -
- Hallway, near Showers -

Daren paced in the corridor he had been sent on ahead to, trying to figure out the best way to cope with his sudden drastic change of circumstances and orders. Could he just let Wolf murder Applegate? It might be looked upon as some kind of sacrifice towards their final goal, and certainly worse things had been done before. He didn't personally care for Parks one way or the other, even knowing he worked for Capt. Friday. Something told him he had to find a better way to handle the situation or he'd suffer consequences worse than letting Wolf commit such an act without him present. If Applegate was killed it wouldn't do anything to slow down Black Friday, but Ritter seemed to be so focused on some kind of concrete action...

He scanned the hall again, looking and listening for anyone that could intrude at the worst possible moment. "Damn," he muttered under his breath. He opened up the collar of his jacket and wiped sweat from his brow onto his sleeve. He couldn't just wait there... Making his mind up he quickly and quietly made a cursory check of most of the private doors in the hallway to see how many crew were around, and then headed for the elevator opposite the one he had arrived on.

A few moments after the door closed and the lift left the deck, Wolf and Sven floated out of the elevator Daren had previously arrived on. "We can be in and out in five minutes..." Wolf assured Sven, his voice still low and conspiratorial. He stopped suddenly when he realized Nwosu was nowhere in sight. "Where the hell is Daren?" he rasped, whirling around to peer down an adjoining corridor to see if he was waiting nearby. He balled his hands into fists and his jaw set. "He must have been delayed," he said through clenched teeth, turning back to Haksson to wave him on, "Come on, let's do this quickly,". They approached the showers exit and Ritter took one last paranoid glance up and down the hall before he ducked into the outer locker area. "We'll wait for him here..." Wolf said with a disturbed and angry smile.

- Hallway -

"...but then they'll find out and I'm done for," Daren whispered aloud, the end of a conflicted and frustrated conversation with himself on the ride down. He stepped out of the lift and was trying to decide on his next move when he thought he saw a glimpse of a distinctive shock of white hair. Quickly moving to follow him, he found himself rounding a corner to find an empty service elevator's closing doors. Instead of turning back he slipped inside, and turned around to find himself occupying a space that felt increasingly small - "Te'Litha," Daren muttered, backing towards the rear of the lift. This time he felt like things wouldn't turn out the way they did in the mess hall; there wouldn't be any sergeant to come along and step in.

- Crew Quarters -

"No there is not, 'Room for one more,' Lieutenant, and you are damned lucky that I have better things to do than to sit around filing harassment charges. Good day Lieutenant," Grace spat before retreating into her room and locking the door in Dolk's face. "...pretty sure there is," Dolk shrugged as he turned his music back up, giving the immediate area it's own muffled soundtrack. "But sometimes I wonder as I look in your eyes that maybe you're thinking of some other guy. But I know how to treat you right - that's why you call me in the middle of the night," he grinned, backing away from the door. The thought of going back to his real duties crossed his mind but was quickly dismissed. Until there was an alert he could take it easy; the Griffin was all prepped and ready to go.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Inferno

- The Herakles -
- Outside Captain's Quarters -

Orsino Gerwulf walked up to the Captain's door with uncharacteristic glee. He had heard the rumors about the Herakles joining Sirocco, and it made him giddy. It was good enough that he was at war with the AEUG and Axis, but now that he would be part of a possible coup, the idea of battle at any moment agianst almost anyone almost threw him in ecstasy. However, he knew his attitude had to be contained: if his blood-lust reached the surface, there was a chance, albeit slim, of him getting a Section 8.

Removing any joy from his voice, he knocked on the door. He would just ask the Captain about this issue, and if so, how to proceed. "Captain? This is Ensign Gerwulf, I was wondering if I could have a word with you?"
The Green Flame

- The Herakles -
- Captain's Quarters -

"Sorry Captain" Alex apologized after Berg closed the door. He was right, carelessly mentioning Scirocco's name or anyone related to him was a sure way to get himself killed. He'd have to be more careful.

"I'm not sure yet. We don't have the strength to stand up to anyone directly, and we're too far from the flagship to side with Capt. Bask and whatever loyalist force remains,". Berg sighed and continued, "We may have no choice but to play along. Blend in until we have a way out, or..."

That certainly put a damper on his future. Surrounded by enemies on all sides and the only ones who could possibly be of help are on the opposite side of the fleet, assuming they were still alive given the rate things were going. The idea of blending in with the rest of the rebellious Titans appealed to him though.

"Playing along isn't a bad idea Captain if we're truly alone out here" he said suggested quietly "Gryps 2 is sure to be Chaotic with the AEUG and Axis there, maybe we could slip out in the confusion and make for Federation space. Then again that would be difficult, we're only one ship afterall"

Before he could come up with another possibly course of action, a sudden knock on the door grabbed his attention "Gerwulf? That must be the one of the new transfer pilots. I haven't gotten a chance to meet him yet....."
Xvlai

- Alexandria Class-Kirov -
-Hallway, near Showers –

Sven had followed Wolf and the Ritter family dutifully from the age when it became apparent that his life wasn’t his own. He had never asked, questioned, or doubted a command he had received, usually through proxy from his father. That certainly didn’t mean he always agreed with the task he was doing or with the overall morality involved in the mission. Still, Sven knew his place as a soldier, and he had long come to understand with his experience in the family and war that soldiers often failed to understand the strategic implications even though they felt though should having a better glimpse of the tactical mission. When Wolf offered him the knife and a role in the grisly mission, Sven was not about to reverse his long held policy of silence.

Tucking the knife blade first in the sleeve of his uniform for easy access and some measure of disguise he moved deliberately after Wolf. Moving into the elevator first the two rode the elevator upwards in silence. Standing slightly to the left and behind Wolf afforded Sven the opportunity to glace at Wolf without him noticing. Any other member aboard the Kirov might have seen madness in Wolf’s eyes, but perhaps clouded by his loyalty or even subliminally throwing out the obvious signs as a lack of sleep or worry Sven saw only passion, a passion to do what must be done. From Daren’s body language it has been obviously apparent to anyone watching that he did not like what Wolf had planned. It worried Sven that Daren apparently lacked the moral resolve to follow orders, even those that he did not agree with. As the elevator doors hissed open Sven made a mental note to confront Daren when he could about his duty.

We can be in and out in five minutes..." Assured Wolf, his voice low and conspiratorial. They hadn’t walked more than a few steps out of the elevator when Sven almost walked into Wolf from behind. “When the hell is Daren?” rasped Wolf, spinning around quickly to peer down an adjourning corridor. As Wolf had whirled around Sven pivoted on his left foot to flatten himself against the wall to allow Wolf past, all along he kept his eyes on the locker room door, he had no doubt that if this henchmen saw him he would likely create some sort of trouble. Keeping him against the wall Sven glanced back at Wolf for further instructions, they were shortcoming. Waving him on Wolf muttered through clenched teeth, “He must have been delayed.” Nodding Sven followed Wolf as he moved past him again in the direction of the locker room. For the first time Sven seemed to notice Wolf’s more than normal agitated body language, but he put it off as the psyche rush required before killing.

Following Wolf into the locker room, who took up position on the left side of the room halfway between the door and the shower area, Sven fastened the door behind him before moving to the right side of the room to mirror Wolf. Conscious of his rank in the family structure he also moved slightly forward so to ensure that if the target somehow heard them and prepared himself he would have to get past Sven. If someone besides Daren came into the room, Wolf would have to deal with them. Half listening to Wolf and to the sound of the shower Sven barely caught Wolf’s thick voice as he quietly uttered, "We'll wait for him here..." Turning to glance back at Wolf for any further instructions Sven jus caught the tail end of Wolf’s smile. Turning back towards the shower’s Sven half-grinned at the joy of finally being able to strike back, even if it was a slight strike, at Black and his ilk. Shifting his right foot forward to better balance himself, Sven extended his left arm across his chest to protect himself. In the same action he also slipped his right hand down his left sleeve and gripped the knife in a hammer grip, but did not draw it yet. Well, atleast we will hear when he comes.
wonton bob

- Alexandria Class-Kirov -
- Hanger Bay, Delta Section–

Allister and Kyle were at the entrance of his Barzam's hatch when they took notice at the increase of security in the hanger. Allister folded his arms and leaned against the suit keeping his voice down as to not attract any attention while his eyes quickly looked around. "Sometimes I'm not sure which side they're on. Makes me wish I went down with Taskforce Juliet," Allister quips.

Kyle places an arm on the suit using it to cover his mouth as he responds to Grant keeping his focus directly at the cockpit. "It's us," he quietly replies "I'm pretty sure we're on the wrong side. The only person who could have controlled them mysteriously vanished."
Allister was taken back by Kyle's words it never occurred to him that a higher struggle might be on-going during a time like this.

"Jesus. I noticed all the bickering between the crew but had no idea this went higher up the food chain... kid, it's about time to cut loose this cause. With all the in-fighting, no matter which side you're on there's no way any of us are gonna win," Allister grunts.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
White_Glint

- The Herakles -
- Outside Captain's quarters–

Criss had to walk rather briskly to keep up with the man seemingly skipping ahead of her to report for duty. She had to, at the very least, report alongside him. To not do so would feel like sheer idiocy for her and would probably seem like laziness and lack of initiative to her superiors. Seeing him steel himself with the upcoming encounter with the brass, she likewise pulled herself together and dawned the sleek mask of professionalism that got her there in the first place.

She pulled up to the side of man identifying himself as Gerwulf and decided to drop in. She figured he would be asking about piloting duties, so she added her name as well. "Ensign Haze, reporting for duty, sirs. I have a similar query to Ensign Gerwulf's."
Rosetta Stoned.
Attomoku

Kirov, Service Elevator

Lt. Te'litha

Nick grinned predatorially at Daren after he entered the service elevator with him as the doors closed and started for the same deck he saw Wolf's lift stop at before following up to tail him.
"You know, I could have sworn Wolf sent you to off to do no good." Nick said conversationally as he reached inside his inner jacket pocket, toying with the subordinate, and slowly extracted his pills case after seeing Daren's reaction, laughing at the man's tenseness.
He popped a handfull and slipped the case it back inside his jacket but palmed the auto-injector style syringe of sedative he stashed there as he did so and effortlessly slipped it up his sleeve for quick access; Hey, it never hurt to be prepared around your enemies.
"So, any reason you following me now? A change of orders to keep me occupied while your boss does something generally frowned upon by society? Or maybe, you wanted to finish what was started in the mess?" Nick asked with a gleam of anticipation as the elevator Dinged at the desired floor.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
wonton bob

- Kirov -
- Kelborn's Quarters -

Jason clasped his hands behind his back and stood up straight when Grace quickly entered her room. Like a deer caught in headlights, all he could do was watch her get closer until...

"Hey are you alright? It looks like you've got a nose bleed,"

Embarrassed by his momentary lapse, he turned red and quickly used his sleeve for a fast wipe while trying to think of a way to appear ...cool?

"Ah, well, you got a strong arm there...and ah, ...I hit the other wall and..But, I'm okay so don't fret about me," he nervously implied as he scratched the back of his neck , "You see, I came by to ..see if you'd join me for coffee." Immediately Jason felt ashamed at himself for not keeping his promise about regrets and decides to let the truth spill out.

"Honestly. I've been thinking about what you said earlier about me not having a place to go after the war, which was a major reason why I was going to stay in the military life. But I now see that it really doesn't help out others so with your goals and...with what I received from my dad's estate recently I kinda was wondering if it was all right if I could help you build that school so you can teach maybe..and we could even briefly travel around the planet."

Breathing a sigh of relief, Jason eagerly awaits her reply but also hears Dolk's theme music in the halls and prays that he would not be joining him anytime soon.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps Space -

- The Kirov -
- Shower Locker Area -

Wolf Ritter was in his own world as he waited for his prey to get dressed and leave the showers. He barely acknowledged Sven's eager ready stance, instead moving impatiently again to a blind spot next to the door. His stressed brain was overworked, trying to stay focused on the grim job and simultaneously scrambling to put together the next phase of the "plan" he rushed them into. Killing that worm Parks should be easy enough, but what then? He didn't have the time or resources his enemies did any longer. There was no network of reliable and powerful men at his beck and call for the first time in his life, and that frightened him. Removing Applegate wouldn't slow down Friday in the slightest; he could bitterly admit that to himself, but he'd never admit it out loud. But he had to do it...

The faint background noise of the ship's water system cut out suddenly, causing Wolf to tense up even more. He could just make out the dull thuds and scrapes in the next room as Applegate went to his locker. Wolf glanced over his shoulder at Sven, giving his second an intense look that spoke volumes. He pressed himself against the wall as the door controls chirped, and let his target move into the room. Parks came to a clumsy and abrupt stop when he saw Sven, his mouth dropping open slightly in silent surprise. As Wolf sprang at him his eyes widened even more - he managed blurt "Rit--!" before a gut-wrenching headbutt connected right at the bridge of his nose. Applegate yelped in pain and his hands instinctively rose towards his face, allowing Wolf to slip behind him and roughly grasp him in a full nelson.

Wisps of blood trickled up and out of Parks' broken nose and he groaned, vainly kicking his feet without gaining any traction in the air. "This," Ritter growled in his ear, wrestling him towards Sven, "Is what happens when you cross me!". He painfully pushed forward on the back of Parks' neck with his hands, tightening the hold and keeping him an immobile target.

- Elevator -

"You know, I could have sworn Wolf sent you to off to do no good," Nick quipped, reaching into his jacket slowly. "Lieutenant..." Daren quietly warned, his own left hand sliding towards the area of his belt buckle at a glacial pace to avoid drawing attention or making a sudden move. The only thing that came out of Te'Litha's pocket was a case of pills, causing Daren to release a breath he didn't realize he had been holding. Nick cackled at him and downed at least half a dozen of the capsules before sliding the container back into his jacket. "So, any reason you following me now? A change of orders to keep me occupied while your boss does something generally frowned upon by society? Or maybe, you wanted to finish what was started in the mess?" Te'Litha asked deliberately as the lift slid to a cushioned stop on the floor Daren had just come from.

Nwosu's hands came to rest with his thumbs hooked on his belt. "Nick," he said slowly, like he was lecturing a child, "You are not being very helpful acting this way,". The door controls were next to Te'Litha, which meant he'd have to reach past him if he wanted to do anything rash. That wouldn't lead to the best outcome. "What Wolf is doing is my business," Daren added, moving a little closer, "I would suggest you forget about the mess hall - I assure you, sir, that I am able to end anything you wish to start,". Daren was smaller than Nick and looked younger, but his words took on a more confident tone he hadn't shown earlier. His left hand rose slowly and pointed at the controls. "Lieutenant, why don't you go back down and take it easy for a while so I can do my job without a headache?"

- The Herakles -
- Captain's Quarters -

Berg leaned heavily on his desk as Alex listened to his thoughts on their situation. Weber seemed trustworthy enough, and he seemed to show legitimate concern for the ship and her crew. "Playing along isn't a bad idea captain, if we're truly alone out here. Gryps 2 is sure to be chaotic with the AEUG and Axis there, maybe we could slip out in the confusion and make for Federation space. Then again that would be difficult, we're only one ship after all," he responded quietly. Capt. Berg snorted at 'Federation space'. If the rumors he had heard were true that was likely to be just as dangerous. They wanted no part of the Titans and were getting increasingly hostile as they leaned farther and farther towards overtly supporting the AEUG. He rubbed the messy stubble on his chin and nodded slowly, "I think blending in is our only real choice...".

"Captain? This is Ensign Gerwulf, I was wondering if I could have a word with you?"

Berg started at the knock and sudden voice from the hallway. He muttered a curse under his breath, not realizing how distressed and broken he looked jumping at a knock. "Gerwulf," he whispered, "One of the replacements...". He trailed off, letting 'replacements' speak for itself. "Gerwulf? That must be the one of the new transfer pilots. I haven't gotten a chance to meet him yet..." Alex confirmed. The captain slowly moved to the door but froze in place when another voice joined Gerwulf's. "Ensign Haze, reporting for duty, sirs. I have a similar query to Ensign Gerwulf's," a female announced herself. Berg's hand crept into the side pocket of his long overcoat. Keeping his eye on Alex, he moved next to the door controls and unlocked the door from the side so that it slid open without him standing directly in front of the new pilots. "Yes?" he asked sharply, moving far enough into view to view them at an angle.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Inferno

- The Herakles -
- Captain's Quarters -

Gerwulf stepped into the Captain's quarters with confidence. "First off, I'd like to introduce myself as Ensign Orsino Gerwulf. It is a pleasure to meet you sir, and an honor to serve on your ship," he began. "Plain and simple, there are rumors gong around the ship. All of them say that we are going to be attacking another Titans ship. The reason differs with each telling. Some say that we are considering to defect, others insist that we are helping to usurp power from Commander Om, while some say that we are rooting out traitors and usurpers." He paused momentarily, letting his words sink in. Now came time for him to sell himself. "I have no opinion on the issue, and I am willing to attack any target of your choosing, Captain. All I need is to know what is going on, when I deploy, and who the enemy will be."

"I believe," he added hastily, "Ensign Haze here is going to ask you the same thing." He chose to speak for her, so that she could not say anything that would uproot the seeds of preparedness he had just planted in the Captain's mind. If I can keep the option of combat in his mind, I might just get to sink my teeth into someone, he thought.
White_Glint

- The Herakles -
- Captain's Quarters -

If she'd been in front of anyone but her commanding officers, she might have loosened her collar. Criss suddenly realized just how much the man next to her wanted in on the action. Instead, she chose to act with him. "He would be right, Captain." It would be a lot easier for the both of them if they could re-enforce an agenda instead of presenting competing ones. She, of course, would have rather known who they were attacking and why, but now was not the time for such questions.

She stood at attention, matching Gerwulf's posture. The man meant business, and she wanted them to know she did too.
Rosetta Stoned.
PhantomBread

-The Herakles-
:Outside Captain's quarters:

Marco watched as the new ensigns filed into the captain's office with only the barest sense of interest; he was interested only because he'd read all the books he'd had, including the entire operator's manual for his HiZack, and his time on the ship had dulled any other interests. The junior lieutenant knew he would be able to find something to do if he really bothered, but it was a strange sort of lethargy that made him so bored, and yet so lazy, so that he couldn't even bring himself to bother. Marco had considered retiring to the chow hall; food aboard ships was actually fairly reasonable, given the morale inherent in keeping it up to snuff.

But this little pow-wow had aroused a small sort of curiosity in the pilot. He pushed off and floated towards the door, violating some measure of security rules in his eavesdropping, but finding it hard to care. One could only bother the technicians working on his suit so many times before he left to find some other amusement.

As he listened, he found his curiosity only somewhat rewarded. Gerwulf worried him, to a degree, despite knowing that he was fairly similar to the aggressive young man. The girl seemed to want to make an impression. Both seemed fairly standard young officers. He hesitated a bit, waiting for the captain's response, waiting to decided if he'd enter the conversation himself.
Xvlai

- Alexandria Class Kirov -
- Shower Locker Area .

Everything happened too fast for Sven to react after Applegate had come out of the shower area. Wolf had moved upwards to stand next to the door, a move which hadn’t pleased Sven in the least, but he knew his place in the hierarchy and silently accented. Silently fuming while trying to keep focused on the door Sven hadn’t been paying attention to the sounds in the locker room that gave away Applegats positioning. So when he came out of the door and blurted a quick “Rit” before Wolf manhandled the lithe worm, Sven had done nothing. This was the situation that Sven found himself as Wolf lifted Applegate over to him. It had been seconds.

With such little time Sven hadn’t been able to fully react, or even begin to think. He was mostly impressed with Wolf’s physical prowess. While Wolf was slightly younger than Sven, Sven accorded him a level of respect for his person and wisdom as well as mentally providing a doting protection that one does for the elderly. Shaking his head to clear his mind Sven reprimanded himself at the absurdity of his thoughts given the current situations. That was when Sven became aware that Wolf intended for him to finish the job. For the first time in his life serving the destiny, Sven faltered. It wasn’t because he didn’t want to kill the worm. No, it wasn’t also because he had never killed a man this personally; Sven saw no difference between the death of an enemy mobile suit pilot or even a ship and one man with a knife. Well, no difference except you saw the blood on your hand. Sven faltered because he had no idea how to kill the man. This entire time he had foreseen Wolf landing the killing blow while he restrained Applegate and now the roles were reversed. Sven didn’t know how to proceed, especially because they would have to cover their tracks and the method of murder, while very hard to cover, would be investigated differently depending on how Applegate died. Sven knew the repercussions would be bad, but his primary concern and almost primal fear was how for the first time in his life he would be making a decision which directly affected the destiny and that more than death from the hands of Black and his cronies scared him.

So, it was here, a few seconds after Wolf lowered Applegate’s head that Sven still stood. Suddenly coming to life he began to advance on the pair, his few moments of hesitation, would likely be noticed but hopefully Wolf wouldn’t think anything wrong of it. Drawing his lent knife he moved slightly past the pair ignoring the look Wolf gave him and bent down to pick up the towel the man dropped as he left the shower. Bending back up he found Applegate directly in front of him, Wolf had maneuvered him around to face Sven. It didn’t seem right to Sven but it was almost of Wolf was testing his resolve, or his loyalty to the cause. The thought made Sven frown slightly, an action which undoubtedly disturbed Applegate whose anxious eyes darted from the knife to Sven’s face. As his eyes shifted back and forth, Sven waited until they made eye contact one last time before shifting his gaze to Wolf’s face, when they did he passed Applegate almost an apologetic look before ignoring him. As his eyes shifted to Wolf he noticed for the first time an almost frantic look in Wolf’s eyes. The look shook him about half as much as the fact he had to make a decision. Wolf’s eyes show with an almost red fervor, one that Sven mistook for bloodlust, but would be more akin to confusion and a lack of sleep. With that last look Sven made up his mind

He didn’t talk once until the entire job was finished. Wrapping the towel around his knife he grabbed Applegate’s free arms turning them until they faced him. The actions had caused Applegate intense discomfort given his positioning. When he had them where he had wanted he mechanically cut the hatchet man’s veins, splitting them as opposed to cutting across them. Draping the towel over his arms to try and limit the blood spillage, Sven had then taken a step back and drove the knife point first into Applegate’s stomach before dragging it horizontally across. He used his free hand to clamp the dying pilot’s mouth so the scream only came as a high pitched whine, much like when a tea pot was ready, except much lower in decibel. It took two minutes for the man to die, although in Sven’s mind it took way to long. Afterwards at Sven’s behest they had dragged him back through the locker room and into the shower area. In the shower room they propped him up under a shower head before turning on the warm water and angling the head downwards onto the still warm corpse.

Once it was all done Sven cleaned off the entrance room floor with the bloody towel before tossing it into the shower where it landed next to his body. Searching himself for blood spatter, of which he found none, he spoke his voice slightly shaky directing himself at Wolf, “Hopefully they will think it is a suicide which might buy us some time. So what do we do now?”

He hoped he had made the right decision.
Attomoku

Kirov, Service Elevator

Lt. Te'litha

"Lieutenant, why don't you go back down and take it easy for a while so I can do my job without a headache?"
The doors slid open behind Nick as he studied the young man's features, sizing up his opponent before calmly replying, "Ive got something that can cure those.." and lunging at Daren, with Nick getting his left hand up and pinning the arm as Daren went for the gun under his jacket. Daren's other hand curled into a fist and landed a blow on Nick's jaw that probably would have laid out any other man but Nick's nerve numbers were working full force today and it barely registered. The black tiger smiled, despite the fist he was nearly eating as other hand produced the auto injector from his sleeve and he snapped it around into Daren's neck and depressed the button. Nick saw Daren's eyes widen in shock as the sedative hit his system and then droop as he slowly fought the inevitable. He drew back and got two more punches in each more feeble and week than the last, then finally he was out. "Told you I could cure those.." Nick said taking a few deep breaths and working his jaw around before finally feeling it pop into a better position. "Unintended side effects though." he then quickly searched the man and striped him of everything he found useful, mostly weapons, but a little something else too.
"Heloo, what have we here?" he said to the unconscious form before pocketing it. That done he stepped out of the elevator holding Daren's gun, and pressed the button for the deck the mess was on and walked down the hallway as the lift doors closed behind him. Now, if he could only find out what Wolf was doing on this floor that required a lookout, Nick would be having a very good day.

Grace's Quarters

Ltjg. Kelborn

"Honestly. I've been thinking about what you said earlier about me not having a place to go after the war, which was a major reason why I was going to stay in the military life. But I now see that it really doesn't help out others so with your goals and...with what I received from my dad's estate recently I kinda was wondering if it was all right if I could help you build that school so you can teach maybe..and we could even briefly travel around the planet."
"Oh, Jason," Grace replied sitting down on the bed, "Thank you so much, this is just a little sudden, I had no idea you were thinking about this so much," her eyes watered with emotion- mostly happiness and a little regret as the gravity of the situation came down. She struggled to find the right words, "I- I know that I certainly haven't given much thought to life beyond the military because frankly I don't think we, the Titans I mean, are gonna make it out of this thing in one piece. Even if we do, I'm not sure if I, If you..."
She yanked him down and kissed him again, trying to convey her thoughts and feelings through it: That her memories started at age 12 and she thought herself as an un-whole and unworthy person as a result, that she was more scared of losing Jason like she did her team members on the San Diego than ever would or ever could begin to let on, that she desperately wanted to live that kind of life with him but wanted none of the risk that she could lose him in this upcoming battle before she could do so, and above all that she really did love him.
She was a wounded heart in healing and didn't want it wounded again, or else it might break her, but she couldn't explain it and couldn't answer him at the moment, so she kissed him long and meaningfully, and again and again and again as she drew him down and turned out the lights.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps Space -

- The Kirov -
- Shower Locker Area -

Wolf waited for Sven to spring forward and skewer Parks, impatiently baring his clenched teeth as Haksson came up with an idea to cover for Ritter's own lack of forethought. Forcing Applegate to stay turned towards Sven, he gave his subordinate another angry look - "Do it, damn you!" - and tightened his headlock to make it even more painful. To Parks' credit the vain young pilot didn't try to beg for his life or cry out any further; he either knew it would do him no good or could tell any attempt to speak would come out as a froggy croak because of Wolf's pressure on his throat. The only noise aside from their ragged breathing came when Sven finally did the deed. Parks' muffled scream of agony wasn't enough to drown out the low, warped chuckle that crossed Wolf's lips.

Fighting back against Black Friday, even if it was in a way totally ineffective, was one thing - Wolf was making it cruel. This was the sort of thing that couldn't simply be handwaved if the Destiny was realized; it would be ignored completely. Ritter didn't let go of Parks' upper body until they had transferred him back into the showers. The whole time he seemed to be muttering to himself under his breath things Sven couldn't quite make out or didn't want to. They wiped down the floor, not being particularly meticulous, and then stood back to look at their handiwork. Sven was the first to speak, his voice clearly effected by what he had just done, “Hopefully they will think it is a suicide which might buy us some time. So what do we do now?”.

"Heh," Wolf whispered a laugh, dabbing with his index finger at a stray spot of blood that had landed on his shirt where his jacket was open. Smearing it back onto his undershirt, he took a deep breath through his nose and answered half-confidently, "Now we wait. This opportunity will lead to another,". He didn't take his eyes off of Applegate's body as he spoke. Before turning for the door he took the knife from Sven, and making sure the handle was wiped down, tossed it into the room with Parks. "One less pair of hands to steal from me," he muttered peeking into the hallway before leaving. He hadn't found the stolen paper on Parks, but that clearly wasn't all he was talking about.

- Hallway -

Stukov was on his way back to his quarters after his revealing conversation with Trent as Wolf and Sven were preparing to leave the showers. Just down the corridor and around the corner from them Jackson Hepburn stepped out of his room. When he noticed the Russian coming he crossed his arms and smiled smugly. "Well if it ain't the 'hunter'," he said sarcastically, the cigar stub wagging on his lips as he spoke. Cutting his eyes over at Hepburn, Stukov slowed down and asked curtly, "What do you want, bootlick?". Jackson laughed at the insult and waved it off, "Whoa. Didn't mean nothin' by it. I been meanin' to talk to you, sir,". "Da? Well I meant what I said. And I think I know what you want to discuss, so save it," Stukov said, moving past the larger man. "Hold on, now," Hepburn said, his brow furrowing a bit in annoyance, "You need to listen to this,". He put a hand on the other man's shoulder to slow him down.

Stukov immediately let go of the grip that had been pulling him and snatched up a handful of Jackson's collar, shoving him backwards into the wall and laying a forearm across his throat. "I said save it, мудак," Stukov growled, releasing Jackson's collar and stepping back from him. Hepburn puffed up like he was contemplating starting a fight, but didn't lash out. Instead he warned through clenched teeth, "You're lucky I'm on the clock, son. If you've got a brain in that big Russian head of yours you'll consider joining the winning team. I think you get my meanin',". Stukov slowly reached up and plucked the cigar from Jackson's mouth. As he rolled it between his thumb and forefingers, crushing it, he answered, "These are bad for you, yes? But I'll kill you faster if you try me. I want no part of your games - you can all die fighting each other but leave me out of it,".

Hepburn watched with hatred smoldering in his eyes. "This ain't no bandwagon you can just hop on when you please, Stukov. If you ain't with us, you're with them," he growled ominously at the Russian's back. Stukov kept moving on towards his door, not acknowledging the threat. "You hear me?" Hepburn called out, slamming a huge paw against the metal wall.

- Hallway, near Showers -

Wolf stepped into the hallway with Sven trailing behind him only to find Nick Te'Litha heading towards him looking like the cat that ate the canary. Ritter grimaced at the sight of Nick, not only because Daren should have kept this from happening. Then he noticed the pistol in his hand. "You son of a..." Wolf snarled, his hand darting into his jacket after his own weapon. With his own gun drawn and held at waist level, not exactly pointed at Te'Litha but not exactly aimed away from him either, he demanded, "What exactly are you doing prowling around here with a gun, scum? Did your master give you a new person to kill for him?". In the back of his mind he couldn't help but feel a mix of panic and something like fear at the idea that Daren might have been killed while he and Sven were busy. Was that why he was nowhere to be seen?

Noting the piece of metal bulging up out of one of Nick's pockets, Wolf asked, "So are those standard issue for Friday's patsies, or did you bring your own?". He gestured down at the half-shut telescoping baton stuffed in Te'Litha's side pocket, one of the weapons he had taken from Daren's unconscious body. It was a nasty piece of work, the kind of metal weapon carried by some special police and military units and other less legal members of society.

- The Herakles -
- Captain's Quarters -

Berg's distrustful gaze shifted back and forth between Gerwulf and Haze as the former explained his presence in blunt terms. "...I have no opinion on the issue, and I am willing to attack any target of your choosing, Captain. All I need is to know what is going on, when I deploy, and who the enemy will be. I believe Ensign Haze here is going to ask you the same thing," Orsino finished his spiel. "No opinion on the issue... My foot," Berg thought, his eyes narrowing. He adjusted his grip on whatever was in his coat pocket. "He would be right, Captain," the female pilot spoke for herself, both of them still at attention. "Well," Capt. Berg said after a moment of thought, "If you're both capable of taking orders you'll be of use to me. I need pilots that know what it means to be Titans, ensigns, I need real Titans above anything else at the moment,".

He moved away from the door again, closer to his desk and Alex. "This ship is in real danger. And I'm not talking about the AEUG or those Zeon scum clinging to Gryps 2,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots