Gunpla Senshi Gunpla Builders Beginning G

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Symbolhime

Gunpla Senshi Gunpla Builders Beginning G

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/05/ ... zuoka.html

Looks like we have a new Gundam anime on it's way, plus it's all about Gundam kits themselves.

It's certainly different.
What are the different strengths and needs of the European market? "I'm not certain; maybe football games?"
- Yoshiki Okamoto
Arsarcana

Re: Gunpla Senshi Gunpla Builders Beginning G

For some reason I'm getting a Suparobo Gakuen vibe out of this. Interesting.
ZeroBusterXX

Arsarcana wrote:For some reason I'm getting a Suparobo Gakuen vibe out of this. Interesting.
I'm hoping Angelic Layer + Plamo Kyo-shiro.
thanatos

In a way, this will be the most honest Gundam show ever made.

The only comparable show to this (a sort of "meta" show about the fans of a previously existing show) would be Sentou Yousei Tasukete Mave-chan. Of course, that's a pretty low bar to have to jump over.
Aspiring CGO "Chief Gundam Officer"
DuelGundam2099

*Blank stares for four minutes at this*

Maybe it'll be good, it better be either actiony or comedic otherwise I don't see much coming from this. I'm getting a vibe similar to the Ultra Galaxy series from this.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I can already feel its shameless advertising coming over me! :shock:

So will this show get a discussion thread in the Anime and Manga section or the Modeling and Merchandise section?
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Arsarcana

Don't forget the Mecha board, what with the 'Beginning Gundam'. It's a trifecta!
Strike105

According to ANN, it's supposed to be a three-part series. One of the reasons it's focusing on Gunpla is because it's celebrating 30 years of Gunpla rather than the Gundam franchise the models were based on.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -announced
Kuruni

I wonder how they will insert Haro? As power-up item?
My girlfriend was a loli.
Kyuzo Aoi

Wow. All right, this is Merchandise Driven, but this is at least clearly the celebration of Gunpla. And if you are the corporate hater or wanted to have a 'angsty' series, get out of here.

And I hope the Gunpla they build become real Gundams and pilot their creations. After all, that Gundam looked like an original.
I am a Gundam!
wielder

Well...if they go for all out camp and over the top sequences, this might even work.

It may be shameless advertising for Bandai's favorite merchandise but that doesn't mean it can't be fun.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
Bob Smith

I'm hoping this is good fun, and maybe leads to some gimmick kits.

I'll probably give it a go, it has the potential to be very funny. Although I'd have preferred a Gunota anime or even something based on Gundam-san (who wouldn't want a Planet Earth style sequence about the wild Acguy, or an animated version of Captain Zaku or Garma of Space Island?)
My Sprite Art - I take requests!
Wingnut

We've got a promo video for it now.
Shows mostly the main and two supporting characters as well as the rival who does not pilot a red mobile suit nor wear a mask. He in fact pilots a Hi-Nu Gundam of all things with a custom color job. The main character pilots the original design for the show. No idea yet if he two friends also pilot anything. The piloting also seems to be an arcade game from what I can tell in the video, but taken to serious business levels like the Burning PT tournament in SRW: OG.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Amadi Akintunde

This certainly looks like it's going to be fun. Real fun.
DuelGundam2099

So am I the only one that thinks the main Gundam is a Mark 1 Victory Gundam? Or does it have an actual name? Also, I couldn't really tell that was Hi Nu, wasn't that thing silver and blue as shown here?
Amadi Akintunde

It is Hi-Nu, but with what looks to be Nu's paintjob.
Deathonator

This is the -perfect- chance for Bandai to give us fans some good ol' crossover fighting. I doubt it'll happen, at least from that PV since there's only UC machines shown. However, here's hoping...
krullnar

Does anyone else notice that the friend character has no neck I thought they only did that in western animation.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
DuelGundam2099

And it just hits me, Bandai is obviously trying to cash in more on intra-franchise crossover wars which Tsuburaya started with Ultra Galaxy Monster Battle, a TV series and game franchise based on monsters from various Ultraman series beating the ever loving stuffing out of each other. I think this series is going to be the Gundam version of that and since I liked the two series and loved the movie based on it I think I'm gonna look forward to this. 8)
mobiusdiablo

Okay, I am actually kind of looking forward to this show. Its Gundam, micronized! I can't really say anything about comparisons with other shows, but I think this show will be enjoyable for both young and old fans.

When is it coming out? If anything, this may give me the Gundam fix during the time between Unicorn episodes.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!