Mobile Suit Battle Record UC 0081

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Shinigam_Newtype

Mobile Suit Battle Record UC 0081

Hi.

I've just ordered the Gundam Senki UC 0081 game for the PS3. For the guys and gals that have the game I was wondeing, what are your general opinions of the game? What are it's pros and cons, etc?
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
ShadowCell

Re: Mobile Suit Battle Record UC 0081

Moved to Games.
Mwulf

It's the single best Gundam game out there.

The only real flaw is that there's no colony map.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
bluemax151

It's a huge refinement of Crossfire/Target in Sight but it's a bit grindy (like the stereotypical Japanese RPG). Much like DC's Rise from the Ashes it's excellent that it has it's own original story as well.

Personally I was really excited that all the GM snipers were in the game.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
NastyNate

Yeah big time one of the best gundam games. I just replayed and beat the fed mode on hard last night. Lots of replay ability. Check out the faq on gamefaqs.com, you'll need it. Play through the story first with both sides. It will unlock mercinary mode on free mission so you can play with everyone online. Plus you'll need to get familliar with the parts system which is why of course you should start out on easy.

When you start free mission and if you are mercinary mobile suits are very expensive which makes it almost impossible to progress without help. If you need help psn in the sig and i have a maxed out Alex
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Murra

Funnily enough my only two annoyances with the game are things that Target in Sight had but have now gone missing: Ability to fire two independant weapons at once, damage on the mobile suits.
NastyNate

Murra wrote:Funnily enough my only two annoyances with the game are things that Target in Sight had but have now gone missing: Ability to fire two independant weapons at once, damage on the mobile suits.
you are so right I one hundred percent agree. That was really cool about target in sight was getting parts blown of. And running around with a gundam with by machine gun and my vulcanes blaring.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Shinigam_Newtype

Murra wrote:Funnily enough my only two annoyances with the game are things that Target in Sight had but have now gone missing: Ability to fire two independant weapons at once, damage on the mobile suits.
Yeah that's soo true! Initiially I was quite annoyed, in Target in Sight I really loved blowing arms and legs off and it's quite strange that they'd take such a cool feature off the sequel.
NastyNate wrote:Yeah big time one of the best gundam games. I just replayed and beat the fed mode on hard last night. Lots of replay ability. Check out the faq on gamefaqs.com, you'll need it. Play through the story first with both sides. It will unlock mercinary mode on free mission so you can play with everyone online. Plus you'll need to get familliar with the parts system which is why of course you should start out on easy.

When you start free mission and if you are mercinary mobile suits are very expensive which makes it almost impossible to progress without help. If you need help psn in the sig and i have a maxed out Alex
I know exactly what you mean in regards to the free mission mode! I spent all day grinding for money! The things on there are just soo expensive, soo glad I finally got the beam rifle though :) And thanks for the info.
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
Kratos

I wish that FAQ on Gamefaqs was a bit more in-depth. For example, what MS do you receive when? when can you start buying new MS? What are the 4 pilot stats that you can level up? It's a good guide, it just feels incomplete, and the writer seems to think it's done.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Thread necro to ask a question instead of making a new thread.

How the heck do you change the difficulty in Free Missions? I want to try and get the higher-tier "evolution" parts for my mechs, but I can't find a setting to chnage the difficulty on any of the missions. :(
NastyNate

Shinji103 wrote:Thread necro to ask a question instead of making a new thread.

How the heck do you change the difficulty in Free Missions? I want to try and get the higher-tier "evolution" parts for my mechs, but I can't find a setting to chnage the difficulty on any of the missions. :(
You have to play the free mission in the online mode. Once you complete a mission once you can play it on the next difficulty hard. when you select the mission it will give you the option. Beat it again on the hard difficulty then you can play the very hard. If you use the gamefaqs guide then you get the items 1 to 3 on normal 2 to 4 on hard and 3 to 5 on very hard. If you get question marks then that means you did not get that item and you can try again to get it. It is random on if you get that item or not.

Shinji103

NastyNate wrote:You have to play the free mission in the online mode. Once you complete a mission once you can play it on the next difficulty hard. when you select the mission it will give you the option. Beat it again on the hard difficulty then you can play the very hard. If you use the gamefaqs guide then you get the items 1 to 3 on normal 2 to 4 on hard and 3 to 5 on very hard. If you get question marks then that means you did not get that item and you can try again to get it. It is random on if you get that item or not.
Well that's dumb, what if someone with a PS3 doesn't have internet? (unlikely, I know ^^b, but that's still a prettyy dumb assumption for Bandai to make) No Internet basically screws you out of a good chunk of the suits in this game.

And it screws me too >.> ; I tried doing Free Missions online, but nothing came up on the list of game rooms. I tried reloading again and again, but nothing came up. :(
NastyNate

Shinji103 wrote:
NastyNate wrote:You have to play the free mission in the online mode. Once you complete a mission once you can play it on the next difficulty hard. when you select the mission it will give you the option. Beat it again on the hard difficulty then you can play the very hard. If you use the gamefaqs guide then you get the items 1 to 3 on normal 2 to 4 on hard and 3 to 5 on very hard. If you get question marks then that means you did not get that item and you can try again to get it. It is random on if you get that item or not.
Well that's dumb, what if someone with a PS3 doesn't have internet? (unlikely, I know ^^b, but that's still a prettyy dumb assumption for Bandai to make) No Internet basically screws you out of a good chunk of the suits in this game.

And it screws me too >.> ; I tried doing Free Missions online, but nothing came up on the list of game rooms. I tried reloading again and again, but nothing came up. :(
You can still be in online mode but not play online. Just go to online mode and create room and then just play by yourself. Once you start the game no one can join your game however and you can not use your cpu during online mode. I would suggest when you get to latter levels you need to search for nice people like myself or someone on the gamefaqs.com forums that will give you a hand with the harder levels on higher difficulty.

Shinji103

Bleh, Bandai really could have put thought more thought into the drawbacks of making certain suits unlockable only through online battling. :(

But anyway, how do I even unlock some of the base suits at all? (like Prototype Gundam which is used to get Gundam, G3, and FA) The Gamefaqs guide doesn't say how you unlock the base suits themselves.

And is there a way to get higher points from missions? The RX-81 alone is 350,000 points, and I can't find a mission that gives me more than 11,000 points.
NastyNate

I already said you don't have to play it online. You can play the online mode by yourself.

You can buy the prototype gundam later on in the store. in free mission mode. From there you have to equip the upgrade part rx78-2 part to make it evolve into the rx78-2. Then you can equip the right parts to get it to turn into the g-3 or full armor. All info on where to find the upgrade parts and which parts make it turn in to which are on the gamefaqs guide.

To get the most points is going to play probably some of the moon missions on the very hard mode. Every time you increase the difficulty it gives you more points. So go to the hardest mission and make it the hardest difficulty and that is the most points. It does take a long time. Even longer in mercenary mode as the cost are doubled from fed and zeon.

Shinji103

I know you said that, but you misunderstood my question. ^^b

How do I unlock mobile suits such as the Prototype Gundam in the store? Do I have to beat a specific mission, get a certain score, etc. Is there a FAQ or list somewhere that tells how you unlock each buyable suit in the store?
NastyNate

I don't think it is anything special to unlock it. As far as I know once I beat all the missions in free mission mode on normal all the suits where available in the store.

Shinji103

NastyNate wrote:I don't think it is anything special to unlock it. As far as I know once I beat all the missions in free mission mode on normal all the suits where available in the store.
I didn't mean the Prototype specifcally; there has to be a list somehwrre that shows what conditions each MS, weapon, part, and shield needs before it appears in the shop. Right now, the best MS available (just about) is the GM with high speed rating. I've got things like the Guncannon and [G] Gundam in the store, but those are prohibitvely expensive at 7-8,000 points per battle (that's what I currently get), so there has to be something in the middle of the scale that's more affordable.
NastyNate

I don't think there is a list with that information on it. Once I got to the moon was when all the good stuff became available. What I would suggest to use is the RX-81 and upgrade it to the LA or ST. All of the ms in the shop should be unlocked in the offline mode so you can play with your cpu.

I would also say don't try to get the Gundam G or GM striker or Full Powered Gm until you have a better one ready because those are only ground types and you will need the best you can on the moon.

smoth

Shinji103 wrote:I know you said that, but you misunderstood my question. ^^b

How do I unlock mobile suits such as the Prototype Gundam in the store? Do I have to beat a specific mission, get a certain score, etc. Is there a FAQ or list somewhere that tells how you unlock each buyable suit in the store?
you don't

for many of the MS in the game you have to grind the upgrade parts.
To become old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.