The place to share your artwork.
tehprognoob

Re: Doodling General discussion, lol

WTF. Is. THIS. CRAP????
EDIT: LMAO; I get to open the 7th page!
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

illsteir

Do you guys still remember way back when I said I was going to make a redesigned Epyon?
This will probably take a while...
Turinu

Ooooh. Can't wait to see how this'll turn out. =D
zgapd

I'm making a virtual replica of the Celestial Being Mother ship (one with veda) and I need the approx. dimensions for it, anyone have them ? XD
Turinu

I think they stated in the anime its overall length when it first appears? A Wiki lists its overall length as 15km, but I wouldn't say that's definite without a proper source.
tehprognoob

Okay, so I'm working on this Eva unit in sketchup, but today, I open sketchup, and it says something about openGL, and whenever I orbit around, a section of the model disappears and I can see into the thing.
Anyone got any idea as to wtf's wrong with SU?

Heretic

are you running Vista? I think I heard something about Vista having issues with Open GL and they had to make a patch. beyond that I have no idea whatsoever. SU does have a support site, they may have answers for you.

incidentally, I came across a site that has all kinds of useful SU tips Sketchucation They even have user made plug-ins for all kinds of SU applications.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Turinu

tehprognoob wrote:Okay, so I'm working on this Eva unit in sketchup, but today, I open sketchup, and it says something about openGL, and whenever I orbit around, a section of the model disappears and I can see into the thing.
Anyone got any idea as to wtf's wrong with SU?

It might be too large in terms of scale. Have you measured it? Sometimes when I make large objects in sketchup (Like thousands of meters in scale) it does that, but otherwise it doesn't.

Also, having certain things on might take up more RAM, causing it to do it. Like having shadow on while the object is very detailed; it would not only slow the program but cause sections of the model to disappear when orbiting.
tehprognoob

fuuuuuuuuuu@#$%!
the public scanner that i use just broke, and im in the middle of gundam designs for my fanfic >:(
EDIT: Random sketchup crap.

Turinu

Was playing around with my ol' Justine Knightmare Frame model in sketchup, and finally came up with a design idea for its energy wings (On top of fixing up a mass of errors in the body).

THERE NEEDS TO BE MOAR. MOAR PURPLE WINGS.
tehprognoob

while sitting on a bumpy plane from orlando back to new york, got an idea to create a gatling in sketchup. For some reason, it's not showing 3D View :(
And how do I animate spinning? This crap is all that I can really do.
By the way, Shori, care to share how to make muzzle flashes?

Turinu

just do a search in the google warehouse on "Muzzle Flash" and click on the very last page, and it should be the first item at the very bottom of the list.

Better yet, here you go:

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... evstart=72
illsteir

tehprognoob wrote:while sitting on a bumpy plane from orlando back to new york, got an idea to create a gatling in sketchup. For some reason, it's not showing 3D View :(
And how do I animate spinning?
This crap is all that I can really do.
By the way, Shori, care to share how to make muzzle flashes?
Download the plugin called SketchyPhyiscs:
http://sketchyphysics.wikia.com/wiki/SketchyPhysicsWiki
http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewforum.php?f=61

The basic motions are easy to understand and use. If you're going to make complex stuff it will take a lot of learning.

Epyon Progress (that is actually not much):
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/287/leg1.png
tehprognoob

Can't find the damn plugin...can you post the actual download file link?

illsteir

Oops, sorry 'bout that. Here ya go:
http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtop ... 23&t=16909
Just scroll down a bit and you'll see it. Also, you need to be forum member to be able download it.
tehprognoob

I didn't log on and I DL'd it. Did I get the wrong one?
I got this .ZIP file. How do I use it?

Turinu

There should be a plugin folder in your Google Sketchup folder. Just extract the contents of the zip file into there, and if there's a setup (Don't remember if there is or not) just set it up in that plugin folder.

I have Sketchyphysics, but I could never wrap my head around how to use it. What I want for Sketchup is that one rigging program that that one group stopped distributing that (I think) Seraphic had linked to awhile back. :<
Heretic

What's this?! I'm posting artwork!?

I have a WIP here that I would like some opinions on before moving on to the inking stage.
Head in a jar
I'm happy with the girl and the robot head, but the tank itself seems kind of bland. It needs something more but I can't think of what that might be at the moment.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Turinu

Shiny tanks always need big giant tube wires sticking out of the bottom and criss-crossing over each other. Also, large bolts, Frankenstein style. Also, bubbles rising from the bottom of the tank and bottom of the head, unless it's floating there in a pseudo-force field sort of thing.

Maybe minor sketching of some lab equipment in the background, too; not too detailed, but visible and slightly shaded out from view.

On a side note, I've picked drawing back up; well, not completely. I started mouse drawing again. The last two times I put up mouse drawings they were pretty horrible; let's try better this time:

Current piece in progress. Final result will include a few people in it. No clue what they're going to be used for though. Any ideas on what to add (whether it's a character or snazzy simple background) would be appreciated.
Outlaw

I agree with Shori put some bubbles in if it's full of liquid, if not and something is levitating it I'd say put some kind of emitter or lens in the bottom of the tube. Other than that maybe just add some controls (if it needs them) on the inclined section and some paneling.

A cylinder is a really simple shape so it may just look out of place compared to the more complex girl and head. Adding details may be a way to help it blend in, or you could do the opposite: leave it simple but make it bright and shiny so it blends in by standing out... wait, does that even make sense??
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."